Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 06.17.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday June 17, 2020

From Waynesville, NC


Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
~Henry David Thoreau

Rebellion against your handicaps gets you nowhere.
Self-pity gets you nowhere.
One must have the adventurous daring
to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities
and undertake the most interesting game in the world –
making the most of one's best.
~Harry Emerson Fosdick

When self-will is running riot,
hit the brakes, take time out, talk to God.
Reconnect with God to refresh,
renew, restore yourself with Him.
--Tammy B.

“Not all of the problems created during the days
when I hid in the fog of booze have straightened out,
but I now have enough courage to face them squarely.”
~Grapevine: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, December 1978


Big Book Quote


"Simple, but not easy; a price had to be paid. It meant destruction of self-centeredness. I must turn in all things to the Father of Light who presides over us all."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, pg. 14~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

ARISA B.
Brookline, MA
Step 10
Women’s Wisdom Weekend
05.10.20


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

June  2020 Miracles

6/1 Bob S. (Fallbrook, CA)…..35
6/1 Kathy S. (Groveland, FL)…..7
6/1 Kristin C. (Dallas, TX)…..17
6/2 Linda B. (Dallas, TX)…..40
6/2 Stan B. (Dallas, TX)…..40
6/2 David E. (Conway, NH)…..20
6/2 Sabrina R. (Larchmont, NY)…..5
6/4 Bob G. (Peapack, NJ)…..5
6/5 Patricia B. (Woodstock, NY)…..33
6/6 Carolina L. (Astoria, NY).....5
6/7 Pete M (Rockport, ON, Canada)…..13
6/7 Stephen B. (Somerset, MA)…..44
6/7 Bill K. (Carle Place, NY)…..25
6/7 David A. (Concord, NH)……11
6/7 Lorraine G. (Cedar Grove, NJ)…..10
6/8 Steve H. (Cocoa, FL)…..3
6/8 Michael L. (Dobbs Ferry, NY)…..4
6/8 Joanne L. (Peapack, NJ)…..6
6/9 Walter B. NY, NY…..40
6/9 Eileen G. NY, NY….47
6/10 Clarke J. (Delray Beach, FL/Cleveland, OH)…..13
6/10 Dave McD. (Hudson, FL)…..43
6/10 Peter B. (Cape Coral, FL)…..29
6/10 Hank G. (BVI/NJ)…..10
6/11 Cathy W. (Huntersville, NC)…..13
6/11 Lisa B. (Queens, NY)…..5
6/11 Kathy M. (Amesbury, MA)…..13
6/11 J. Brooke W. (Starke, FL)…..9
6/12 Robert R. (NY, NY)…..32
6/13 Eileen H. (Danvers, MA)…..33
6/13 Rob B. (Little Silver, NJ)…..5
6/13 Chuck A. (Calabash, NC)…..24
6/15 Fran F. (Dover, DE)…..31
6/15 Jamie W. (Huntington, NY)…..8
6/15 Russ S. (Succasunna, N.J.) 5
6/16 Eli L. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..1
6/16 Jenny P. (So. Berwick, ME)…..28
6/16 Rich H. (Rye/Harrison, NY)…..5
6/16 Jeff B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..8
6/17 Margo H. (Rothesay, Scotland)…..53
6/17 Bruce S. (Squamish, BC, Canada)…..?
6/17 Vinnie F. (Astoria, NY).....7
6/18 Annie T. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..1
6/18 Diane T. (Boca Raton, FL)…..10
6/18 Jane T. NY, NY….40
6/18 Jack H. NY, NY….10
6/18 Claire P. (Evanston, IL)…..22
6/18 Polly (St Louis, MO)…..3
6/18Erin U. (Astoria, NY)…..5
6/19 Joel B. (Waynesville, NC)…..25
6/19 John D. (Larchmont, NY)…..27
6/20 Joe R. (Ridgewood NJ)…..14
6/20 Casey (Tequesta, FL)…..34
6/20 Chris G. (Montauk, NY)…..10
6/20 Chandler G. (San Francisco)…..10
6/20 Phillip O. ()…..42
6/22 Robin P. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..34
6/22 John F. (Melis Beach, Quebec)…..10
6/23 Fred H. (NY, NY)…..11
6/23 Chris B. (E. Quogue, NY/Rockville, MD)…..7
6/24 Betsy F. (Stuart, FL)…..2
6/25 David C. (Martinsville, NJ)…..33
6/25 Patricia A. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..8
6/26 Phyllis Mc. (Tulsa, OK)…..44
6/27 Jim C. (Nantucket, MA)…..13
6/27 Steve V. (Jacksonville, FL)…..44
6/28 Paul D. (Orlando, FL)…..37
6/28 Eileen M. (NYC, NY)…..30
6/28 Chuck D. (Leesburg, FL)…..9
6/29 Ashley F. (Fayetteville, AR)…..4
6/30 Karen B. (Lincolnton, NC)……6
6/30 Peter K. (Vancouver, BC, Canada)…..24



1306 Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

Though the earning power of most A.A.'s is relatively high, we have some members who never seem to get on their feet moneywise, and still others who encounter heavy financial reverses. Ordinarily we see these situations met with fortitude and faith.

p. 114

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

We in A.A. have the privilege of living two lives in one
lifetime. One life of drunkenness, failure, and defeat. Then,
through A.A., another life of sobriety, peace of mind, and
usefulness. We who have recovered our sobriety are modern
miracles. And we're living on borrowed time. Some of us might
have been dead long ago. But we have been given another chance
to live. Do I owe a debt of gratitude to A.A. that I can never
repay as long as I live?

Meditation For The Day

Thinking about God in love and worship drives away evil. It is
the thought before that the hosts of evil flee. The thought of
a Power greater than yourself is the call for a life-line to
rescue you from temptation. The thought of God banishes
loneliness and dispels gloom. It summons help to conquer your
faults. Think of God as often as possible. Use the thought
prayerfully and purposefully. It will carry your thoughts away
from material things and toward the spiritual things that make
life worthwhile.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may think of God often. I pray that I may rest in
peace at the thought of His love and care.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Unity 

"Practically never have I heard a heated religious, political, or reform argument among A.A. members. So long as we don't argue these matters privately, it's a cinch we never shall publicly.' As by some deep instinct, we A.A.'s have known from the very beginning that we must never, no matter what the provocation, publicly take sides in any fight, even a worthy one . . .

. . . We do not enter into public controversy, because we know that our Society will perish if it does. We conceive the survival and spread of Alcoholics Anonymous to be something of far greater importance than the weight we could collectively throw back of any other cause."

1952AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 176-77
Thought to Consider . . .

A
ttitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B U T
Being Unconvinced Totally




Daily Reflection

"DEEP DOWN WITHIN US"
We found the Great Reality deep down within us. In the last
analysis it is only there that He may be found. . . . search
diligently within yourself. . . . With this attitude you cannot
fail. The consciousness of your belief is sure to come to
you.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 55

It was out of the depths of loneliness, depression and
despair that I sought the help of A.A. As I recovered and
began to face the emptiness and ruin of my life, I began to
open myself to the possibility of the healing that recovery
offers through the A.A. program. By coining to meetings,
staying sober, and taking the Steps, I had the opportunity to
listen with increasing attentiveness to the depths of my
soul. Daily I waited, in hope and gratitude, for that sure
belief and steadfast love I had longed for in my life. In this
process, I met my God, as I understand Him.


Pot Luck  

        
"But by the grace of God, there go I."

In early sobriety I sometimes had trouble identifying with other people’s alcoholism, and often wondered whether I belonged. After all, I had never been to prison for manslaughter while driving drunk. I never robbed a liquor store in a blackout or woke up in a different state—or country—not knowing how I got there. There were countless other things that had never happened to me either. As I discussed this with my sponsor, he said I hadn’t experienced these things—yet.

As I started working the Steps and writing inventories, I began to see what he meant. First of all, I actually had crashed a car while drunk, and I had been arrested for it when I was a minor. Thankfully, I hit an unoccupied parked car, and no one in my vehicle was injured. Other inventories revealed plenty of times I blacked out and came to in strange circumstances. As I looked deeper, I identified more with the stories I heard, and I felt the gravity of the word “yet.”

Today, I know my stories could have ended very differently if I had continued drinking, and any of the outcomes I heard others share could easily have been my fate as well. Moreover, I also know that any of these terrifying endings could be in my future also—they are only one drink away. Today, when I see or hear these stories, I say a quiet prayer of gratitude, for I know that “but by the grace of God, there go I."







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS



On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/

Daily Reflections Link

 24 Hours A Day Book Link 


As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment