Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 11.13.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday November 13, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


The only real win, is the win of tapping into the spirit.
--Oprah Winfrey

"The appearance of things change
according to the emotions and thus we see magic and beauty in them,
while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves."
~Kahlil Gilbran


Every time a problem arises,
the essential thing is to immediately become aware
that the problem comes from our selfish mind,
that it is created by self-cherishing thoughts.
As long as you put the blame outside yourself,
there can be no happiness.
-Lama Zopa Rinpoche

If you keep thinking "That man has abused me,"
holding it as a much-cherished grievance,
your anger will never be allayed.
If you can put down that fury-inducing thought,
your anger will lessen.
Fury will never end fury, it will just ricochet on and on.
Only putting it down will end such an abysmal state.
~-Sunnata Vagga

Big Book Quote

We families of Alcoholics Anonymous keep few skeletons in the
closet. Everyone knows about the others alcoholic troubles. This
is a condition which, in ordinary life, would produce untold grief;
there might be scandalous gossip, laughter at the expense of other
people, and a tendency to take advantage of intimate information.
Among us, these are rare occurrences. We do talk about each other a great deal, but we almost invariably temper such talk by a spirit of
love and tolerance.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 125~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

The Jack Brennan Story



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

November 2019 Miracles

11/1 Trish H. (Brick, NJ)…..28
11/2 Liz L. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..12
11/2 Ruth H. (Brielle, NJ/Key Largo, FL)…..1
11/2 Joyce C. (Sasn Diego, CA)…..9
11/3 Katy R. (Portland, OR)…..28
11/3 MaryBeth F. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..5
11/3 Lori Z. (Milford, NH)…..21
11/4 Pat O’D. (Boston,MA)…..39
11/4 Lou L. (Smithtown, NY)…..23
11/5 Kent L. (Silverdale, WA)…..34
11/5 Donna M. (Methuen, MA)…..13
11/5 Chrissie R. (Hilton Head, SC)…..1
11/7 Leslie E. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..13
11/7 Harry D. (Hampstead, NH)…..28
11/7 Craig S. (Vero Beach, FL)…..14
11/7 Sandi A. (Bristol, UK)…..45
11/8 Brian R. (Olney, MD)…..4
11/9 Matt K. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..9
11/9 Joanne B. (Danvers, MA)…..14
11/9 Jessie R. (Carmel. NY)…..13
11/10 Russ S. (Palm City, FL)…..34
11/10 Donna P. (Chelmsford, MA)…..18
11/10 Aaron M. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..1
11/11 Jay D. (Danbury, CT/Stuart, FL)…..38
11/11 Judie J. (Peterborough, NH)…..16
11/11 Lee J. (Waikiki, HI)…..30
11/12 Ray G. (Massillon, OH)…..7
11/12 Billy M. (NY, NY)…..3
11/13 Zack A. (NY, NY)…..5
11/13 Henry E. (Marlboro, MA)…..27
11/13 Paul M. (Aberystwyth, Wales)…..10
11/13 Joe J. (Ludlow, VT)…..14
11/15 Jamie G. (Seymour, CT)…..4
11/15 Ned W. (Portland , ME)…..34
11/16 Monte M. (Conway, NH)…..15
11/16 Jayne W. (Algarve, Portugal)…..34
11/17 Danny K. (Astoria, NY)…..10
11/18 Alex S. (NY, NY)…..6
11/19 Eva B-E. (North Port, FL)…..21
11/19 Jarryd K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..3
11/19 Jennifer S. (Rockaway, NJ)…..2
11/20 Joseph H. (Jacksonville, FL)…..1
11/22 Kelly B. (St. Pete Beach, FL).....37
11/22 Terry S. (Maui, HI)…..2
11/22 Anne T-F. (Madison, CT)…..44
11/22 Brandi S. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..6
11/22 Art K. (Vernon, BC, Canada)…..26
11/23 Alan P. (West Palm Beach, FL)…..49
11/23 Elaine J. (Newport Beach, CA)…..34
11/23 Donna B. (Hampton, NH)…..39
11/23 Mark B. (Boston, MA)…..1
11/23 Colleen M. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
11/24 Ray G. (Bangor, ME)…..51
11/24 Tony da Brooklyn Buddha/Mastic Beach…..17
11/24 Karen P. (Waynesville, NC)…..31
11/24 Imogen B, (London, UK)…..16
11/25 Ronni J. (Michigan City, IN)…..23
11/26 Pam B. (Mukwonago WI/ Summerfield FL)…..35
11/28 Hendy H. (Islington, MA)…..46
11/29 Debbie M. (Bedford, MA)…..5
11/29 Deleano S. (Virgin Gorda, BVI)…..7
11/30 Dave C. (Methuen, MA)…..22
11/30 Peter V. (Kittery, ME)…..39
11/30 Ted D. (Whitefish Bay, WI)…..8


1197 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Two - "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

The moment they read Step Two, most A.A. newcomers are confronted with a dilemma, sometimes a serious one. How often have we heard them cry out, "Look what you people have done to us! You have convinced us that we are alcoholics and that our lives are unmanageable. Having reduced us to a state of absolute helplessness, you now declare that none but a Higher Power can remove our obsession. Some of us won't believe in God, others can't, and still others who do believe that God exists have no faith whatever He will perform this miracle. Yes, you've got us over the barrel, all right--but where do we go from here?"

p. 25


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought for the Day
Who am I to judge other people? Have I proved by my great success in life that I know all the answers? Exactly the opposite. Until I came into A.A., my life could be called a failure. I made all the mistakes one could make. I took all the wrong roads there were to take. On the basis of my record, am I a fit person to be a judge of other people? Hardly. In A.A. I have learned not to judge people. I am so often wrong. Let the results of what they do judge them. It's not up to me. Am I less harsh in my judgment of people?
Meditation of the Day
In our time of meditation, we again seem to hear: "Come unto me, all ye that are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Again and again we seem to hear God saying this to us "Come unto me" for the solution of every problem, for the overcoming of every temptation, for the calming of every fear, for all our need, physical, mental, or spiritual, but mostly "come unto me" for the strength we need to live with peace of mind and the power to be useful and effective.
Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may go to God today for those things, which I need to help me live. I pray that I may find real peace of mind.





Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Concepts

"The word God still aroused a certain antipathy. When the thought was expressed that there might be a God personal to me this feeling was intensified. I didn't like the idea . . . My friend suggested what then seemed a novel idea. He said, 'Why don't you choose your own conception of God?' That statement hit me hard. It melted the icy intellectual mountain in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many years. I stood in the sunlight at last."
Bill W.

c.1976 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 12


Thought to Consider . . .

G
od seldom becomes a reality until God becomes a necessity.
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

G I F T
God Is Forever There



Daily Reflection

LOOKING OUTWARD
We ask especially for freedom from self-will, and are
careful to make no requests for ourselves only. We may ask
for ourselves, however, if others will be helped We are
careful never to pray for our own selfish ends.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 87

As an active alcoholic, I allowed selfishness to run rampant
in my life. I was so attached to my drinking and other
selfish habits that people and moral principles came
second. Now, when I pray for the good of others rather
than my "own selfish ends," I practice a discipline in letting
go of selfish attachments, caring for my fellows and
preparing for the day when I will be required to let go of all
earthly attachments.



Pot Luck

Slippery Places


          Here's a place to stay away from. It's a gloomy day in a place filled with dreams that have not come true, love that has gone sour, friendships that have fizzled, jobs that have deteriorated. Here people are out to get you, to bring you down and make you suffer. Here every car is a lemon, every house is on the verge of collapse. Children go wrong here, accept rides from strangers or start using when they're seven. All the appliances are broken here and everybody's angry. The food’s rotten and the air is foul. Flowers die. Dogs howl. The sky is black is at noon.

               Here's another place to stay away from. It looks like the set from a Technicolor musical. Gorgeous women in not many clothes keep descending a staircase. To the right there's an Olympic size swimming pool, to the left a Rolls Royce, and in between a man at a mahogany desk is packing a briefcase with gold bullion and securities while he chats on his hotline to the Commissioner of Baseball, who has called him for advice.

          Where are these voices? In my mind. I create these places, these pure-crap for pure-gold fantasies, when I'm not living in the now, when I'm far away from the program and the rational advice for daily living it provides me.

               I'm isolating at such times, trying to figure life out, trying to solve my problems on my own. Through these private creations, I project myself into such misery or such glory that I need something - anything - to bring me back to earth.

               It used to be when I got in these moods I would use. Now, if I'm lucky, or I am wise, or I'm just really tired of my bull, I go to a meeting. Call my sponsor or a buddy. Talk out where I really am, what I'm really worried about. Find out what I'm hiding from. Become a human being again, a resident of this earth, not of my head-trip fantasy lands.

Stephen Beal, Editor, Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men






Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment