Monday, November 11, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 11.12.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday November 12, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


The best apology is changed behavior.
~Anonymous

"Never discourage anyone who makes continual progress,
no matter how slow."
~Anonymous

“I don’t foresee outgrowing my need for help.”
~Grapevine: Harrisonburg, Virginia

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.
It is more important than the past, than education,
than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes,
than what other people think or say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break a company, a group, a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day
regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past and we cannot change the fact
that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have,
and that is our attitude...
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me
and 90% how I react to it.
~Chuck Swindoll


Big Book Quote

“When drinking, or getting over a bout, an alcoholic, sometimes the
model of honesty when normal, will do incredible things. Afterward,
his revulsion will be terrible. Nearly always, these antics indicate
nothing more than temporary conditions.”

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, To Employers, pg. 140~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

WALLACE BRYANT
Sanford, NC
Florida State Convention
2005



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

November 2019 Miracles

11/1 Trish H. (Brick, NJ)…..28
11/2 Liz L. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..12
11/2 Ruth H. (Brielle, NJ/Key Largo, FL)…..1
11/2 Joyce C. (Sasn Diego, CA)…..9
11/3 Katy R. (Portland, OR)…..28
11/3 MaryBeth F. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..5
11/3 Lori Z. (Milford, NH)…..21
11/4 Pat O’D. (Boston,MA)…..39
11/4 Lou L. (Smithtown, NY)…..23
11/5 Kent L. (Silverdale, WA)…..34
11/5 Donna M. (Methuen, MA)…..13
11/5 Chrissie R. (Hilton Head, SC)…..1
11/7 Leslie E. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..13
11/7 Harry D. (Hampstead, NH)…..28
11/7 Craig S. (Vero Beach, FL)…..14
11/7 Sandi A. (Bristol, UK)…..45
11/8 Brian R. (Olney, MD)…..4
11/9 Matt K. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..9
11/9 Joanne B. (Danvers, MA)…..14
11/9 Jessie R. (Carmel. NY)…..13
11/10 Russ S. (Palm City, FL)…..34
11/10 Donna P. (Chelmsford, MA)…..18
11/10 Aaron M. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..1
11/11 Jay D. (Danbury, CT/Stuart, FL)…..38
11/11 Judie J. (Peterborough, NH)…..16
11/11 Lee J. (Waikiki, HI)…..30
11/12 Ray G. (Massillon, OH)…..7
11/12 Billy M. (NY, NY)…..3
11/13 Zack A. (NY, NY)…..5
11/13 Henry E. (Marlboro, MA)…..27
11/13 Paul M. (Aberystwyth, Wales)…..10
11/13 Joe J. (Ludlow, VT)…..14
11/15 Jamie G. (Seymour, CT)…..4
11/15 Ned W. (Portland , ME)…..34
11/16 Monte M. (Conway, NH)…..15
11/16 Jayne W. (Algarve, Portugal)…..34
11/17 Danny K. (Astoria, NY)…..10
11/18 Alex S. (NY, NY)…..6
11/19 Eva B-E. (North Port, FL)…..21
11/19 Jarryd K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..3
11/19 Jennifer S. (Rockaway, NJ)…..2
11/20 Joseph H. (Jacksonville, FL)…..1
11/22 Kelly B. (St. Pete Beach, FL).....37
11/22 Terry S. (Maui, HI)…..2
11/22 Anne T-F. (Madison, CT)…..44
11/22 Brandi S. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..6
11/22 Art K. (Vernon, BC, Canada)…..26
11/23 Alan P. (West Palm Beach, FL)…..49
11/23 Elaine J. (Newport Beach, CA)…..34
11/23 Donna B. (Hampton, NH)…..39
11/23 Mark B. (Boston, MA)…..1
11/23 Colleen M. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
11/24 Ray G. (Bangor, ME)…..51
11/24 Tony da Brooklyn Buddha/Mastic Beach…..17
11/24 Karen P. (Waynesville, NC)…..31
11/24 Imogen B, (London, UK)…..16
11/25 Ronni J. (Michigan City, IN)…..23
11/26 Pam B. (Mukwonago WI/ Summerfield FL)…..35
11/28 Hendy H. (Islington, MA)…..46
11/29 Deleano S. (Virgin Gorda, BVI)…..7
11/30 Dave C. (Methuen, MA)…..22
11/30 Peter V. (Kittery, ME)…..39
11/30 Ted D. (Whitefish Bay, WI)…..8


1192 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step One - "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--that our lives had become unmanageable."

Under the lash of alcoholism, we are driven to A.A., and there we discover the fatal nature of our situation. Then, and only then, do we become as open-minded to conviction and as willing to listen as the dying can be. We stand ready to do anything which will lift the merciless obsession from us.

p. 24



Twenty-Four Hours


A.A. Thought For The Day

I am less critical of other people, inside and outside of A.A. I used to run people
down all the time. I realize now that it was because I wanted unconsciously to build
myself up. I was envious of people who lived normal lives. I couldn't understand why
I couldn't be like them. And so I ran them down. I called them sissies or hypocrites.
I was always looking for faults in the other person. I loved to tear down what I
called "a stuff shirt" or "a snob." I have found that I can never make a person any
better by criticism. A.A. has taught me this. Am I less critical of people?

Meditation For The Day

You must admit your helplessness before your prayer for help will be heard by God.
Your own need must be recognized before you can ask God for the strength to meet
that need. But once that need is recognized, your prayer is heard above all the music
of heaven. It is not theological arguments that solve the problems of the questing
soul, but the sincere cry of that soul to God for strength and the certainty of that
soul that the cry will be heard and answered.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may send my voiceless cry for help out into the void.
I pray that I may feel certain that it will be heard somewhere, somehow.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

The Group

"Over the years, every conceivable deviation from our Twelve Steps and Traditions have been tried. That was sure to be, since we are so largely a band of ego-driven individuals. Children of chaos, we have defiantly played with every brand of fire, only to emerge unharmed and, we think, wiser. These very deviations created a vast process of trial and error, which, under the grace of God, has brought us to where we stand today . . . We saw that the group, exactly like the individual, must eventually conform to whatever tested principles would guarantee survival."
c.1952 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 146


Thought to Consider . . .

W
orking with alcoholics in committees is like trying to herd cats.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

E G O
Easing God Out




Daily Reflection

MORNING THOUGHTS
Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each
day for the man who is still sick
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 164

For many years I pondered over God's will for me,
believing that perhaps a great destiny had been ordained for
my life. After all, having been born into a specific faith,
hadn't I been told early that I was "chosen"? It finally
occurred to me, as I considered the above passage, that
God's will for me was simply that I practice Step Twelve
on a daily basis. Furthermore, I realized I should do this to
the best of my ability. I soon learned that the practice aids
me in keeping my life in the context of the day at hand.



Pot Luck

"I don’t believe in miracles. I depend upon them!"

If you had asked me before recovery if I believed in miracles, I would have laughed in your face. “Look at my life!” I would have said. “There are certainly no miracles happening here.” On hindsight, I wasn’t aware of how miraculous it was I hadn’t, through drunk driving alone, killed myself or anybody else yet, or how the miracle of recovery was about to happen for me.

During the first few years of recovery, the occurrence of miracles was subtle, and I sometimes missed them. My physical sobriety was something I struggled with and then eventually took for granted, but it was surely my first miracle. Later, the grace of emotional recovery and the emerging awareness of and appreciation for my spiritual self were also examples of the miracles taking place in my life. And, of course, I was always surrounded by the many miracles happening for others in the rooms as well.

These days, I have plenty of experience and evidence in my life, and in the lives around me, to believe in the existence of miracles. They may not always look like I expect them to, but they are unfolding in and around me constantly. Today, I realize it’s enough to just believe in their occurrence, and then to suit up and show up and work hard for them, and let God do the rest. Then I watch in wonderment as the miracles happen. Today, I not only believe in miracles, but I realize I am one.







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment