Monday, October 21, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.22.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday October 22, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


“Through doing the Steps and receiving love from my AA family,
my perception of life has changed. Once my thoughts changed,
so did my actions, then, finally, the results.”
~Grapevine: Susanville, California, December 2007

“The major value in life is not what you get.
The major value in life is what you become.”
~Jim Rohn

When angels are busy...God uses you.
~Anonymous

"You're off to great places,
today is your day.
Your mountain is waiting,
so get on your way."
~Dr. Suess


Big Book Quote

Whatever our ideal turns out to be, we must be willing to grow
toward it. We must be willing to make amends where we have done harm, provided that we do not bring about still more harm in so doing.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 69~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

CHRIS RAYMER
Relapse Prevention
1999



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/1  Henry S. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..37
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/3 Charlie E. (Chicago, IL)…..7
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, WA)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/8 Linda G. (Lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/9 Marcel B. (Memramcook, NB, Canada)…..8
10/9 Xavier F. (Greenwich, CT)…..6
10/9 Glen O. (Montague, MA)…..28
10/10 Sharon B. (Clermont, FL)…..2
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..32
10/12 Michael C. (Cordes Lakes, AZ)…..30
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/13 Don C. (Evanston, IL)…..48
10/13 Robert L. (Denver, NC)…..18
10/13 Deb B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..24
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..8
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/15 CJ D. (Waynesville, NC)…..41
10/17 Jim T. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/18 Lisa H. (Monaco & La Quinta, CA)…..10
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/21 Sue T. (Flanders, NJ)…..6
10/22 Betsy H.  (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
10/22 Doug S. (Brookfield, CT)…..29
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/23 James D. (NYC, NY)…..42
10/23 Bill B. (Stratham, NH)….31
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Keely S. (Azalea, OR)…..37
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/25 Brittney B. (San Diego, CA)…..10
10/25 Charlie p. (Iceland)…..32
10/26 Niall H. (Dublin, Ireland)…..27
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1
10/26 Sean C. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..10
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..8
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..8
10/30 Bob H. (Barnardsville, NC)…..31
10/30 Estelle R. (New York, NY)…..43
10/31 Clint H. (Pittsburgh, PA)…..21

1311 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Foreword

A.A.”s Twelve Steps are a group of principles, spiritual in their nature, which, if practiced as a way of life, can expel the obsession to drink and enable the sufferer to become happily and usefully whole.

p. 15

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I am content to face the rest of my life without alcohol.
I have made the great decision once and for all.
I have surrendered as gracefully as possible to the inevitable.
I hope I have no more reservations. I hope that nothing can happen to me now
that would justify my taking a drink. No death of a dear one.
No great calamity in any area of my life should justify me in drinking.
Even if I were on some desert isle, far from the rest of the
world, but not far from God, should I ever feel it right to drink.
For me, alcohol is out--period. I will always be safe unless I take that first drink.
Am I fully resigned to this fact?

Meditation For The Day

Day by day we should slowly build up an unshakable faith in a Higher Power
in that Power's ability to give us all the help we need.
By having these quiet times each morning, we start each day with a renewing of our faith,
until it becomes almost a part of us and is a strong habit.
We should keep furnishing the quiet places of our souls with all the furniture of faith.
We should try to fill our thoughts each day with all that is harmonious and good,
beautiful, and enduring.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may build a house in my soul for the spirit of God to dwell in.
I pray that I may come at last to an unshakable faith.

Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Ground Zero

"War fever ran high in the New England town to which we new, young officers from Plattsburg were assigned, and we were flattered when the first citizens took us to their homes, making us feel heroic. Here was love, applause, war; moments sublime with intervals hilarious. I was part of life at last, and in the midst of the excitement I discovered liquor. I forgot the strong warnings and the prejudices of my people concerning drink. In time we sailed for 'Over There.' We landed in England. I visited Winchester Cathedral. Much moved, I wandered outside. My attention was caught by a doggerel on an old tombstone: 'Here lies a Hampshire Grenadier Who caught his death Drinking cold small beer . . .' Ominous warning - which I failed to heed."
Bill W., c.1976AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous  p. 1


Thought to Consider . . .

I
have learned what the Grace of God feels like.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H E A R T
Healing, Enjoying, And Recovering, Together



Daily Reflection

TRUE TOLERANCE
Finally, we begin to see that all people, including
ourselves, are to some extent emotionally ill as well as
frequently wrong and then we approach true tolerance and
see what real love for our fellows actually means
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 92

The thought occurred to me that all people are emotionally
ill to some extent. How could we not be? Who among us is
spiritually perfect? Who among us is physically perfect?
How could any of us be emotionally perfect? Therefore,
what else are we to do but bear with one another and treat
each other as we would be treated in similar circumstances?
That is what love really is.



Pot Luck


Needing Others

               I had one friend before recovery. I had one entertainment. I had one joy.

               To feel happy and at peace with the world I needed to travel no more than five blocks. Then I was with my friend. Five blocks back, and I could bring my friend home. This was not a long way to go, so I made my trips often, by car and on foot, in all kinds of weather. The winter of 1979 I walked down the middle of the avenue in a blizzard because I needed my friend so much. I needed so much to feel good that I made myself sick going out for my friend, and once we were home alone together I made myself sick all over again.

               I don't have that friend anymore. I don't have that entertainment. I don't have that terrible frightening joy.

               Now I have another kind of pain, and another kind of joy. It's called being human, and I still run from this condition more than I embrace it. I still seek to pretend it isn't there more than I accept it. I still maintain a posture of being above it all –while underneath it all I am crying for help.

               I am crying for help because I'm learning to live again.  I am learning basic facts of social interaction, and to my great relief I have a learning school to go to. It's called the Fellowship.

               This Fellowship is the most important part of my life. Here I have finally met the people who know how to treat me as I am. Not as I would like to be but as I am. These people understand that I’m the kind of guy who appears to wear his heart lightly, while all the time, inside, his heart is throbbing like a nuclear device. Some sort of James Bond gizmo that can blow up the world with emotion – fear and hate and all the shades of human turmoil in between – if…
               * If I don't go to meeting.
               * If I don't unload.
               * If I don't share.
               * If I don't name my secrets.
               * If I don't let go.

               Most people are glad to spend blizzards inside. Most people don't walk down avenues in swirling snow squalls to buy something that will make them feel warm inside. During blizzards most people are are warm inside. Because they are staying where they are. At home. Close to other folks who are there in the flesh or at the end of the phone.

               Dear God, the Latest anywhere I am: in the grips of my humanity, where, as long as I respect them, and need them, and trust them, everybody's name is fellowship.

Stephen Beal, Editor, Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON








No comments:

Post a Comment