October 4, 2026

Waynesville, NC


Thoughts to Start Your Day

_________________________



Yesterday is history, tomorrow, but a mystery…Today is a gift, that’s why we call it the present.

______________________________________


Like an ability or a muscle, hearing your inner wisdom is strengthened by doing it.

–Robbie Gass

______________________________________


“If the eyes are looked upon as the windows to the soul…then a smile must be the doorway the heart.”

–unknown

 ______________________________________

 

“Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf.”

–American Indian Proverb

_____________________________________


When someone intentionally hurts me, I know, they are also hurting themselves, probably more. Let go, and love them anyway.


–Shelley

_____________________________________



If You'd Like To Sign Up

ADD A Friend , A Sponsee, A Sponsor or a Newcomer

To Your Daily Reprieve Email List Use This Link

https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/bJDtvfe


Untitled_Landing_Page_created_at_Tue_Sep_22_190242_EDT_2026


BIG BOOK QUOTE


October 4


ME AN ALCOHOLIC?


– Alcohol’s wringer squeezed this author–but he escaped quite whole.


“There’s nothing I can do,” he said, “and nothing medicine can do. However, I’ve heard of an organization called Alcoholics Anonymous that has had some success with people like you. They make no guarantees and are not always successful. But if you want to, you’re free to try them. It might work.”


p. 386


__________________________________________________________


12-Steps & 12-Traditions


October 4

Tradition One – “Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon A.A. Unity.”

Countless times, in as many cities and hamlets, we reenacted the story of Eddie Rickenbacker and his courageous company when their plane crashed in the Pacific. Like us, they had suddenly found themselves saved from death, but still floating upon a perilous sea. How well they saw that their common welfare came first. None might become selfish of water or bread. Each needed to consider the others, and in abiding faith they knew they must find their real strength. And as they did find, in measure to transcend all the defects of their frail craft, every test of uncertainty, pain, fear, and despair, and even the death of one.


p. 131




DAILY SHARE

__________________________________


AA Speaker of the Day


Curtis J.

Taylorsville, KY

Serenity Improvement Group

June 3, 2023

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mi-J9027B9bszfq4Y94YqzgXnTJIlPoU/view?usp=sharing

__________________________________



ZOOM

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….

Topic: Pot Luck…9AM EST

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394


Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

Send your sober date and location to :

sober@yourdailyreprieve.com


I always thought that posting our locations with our anniversaries was a great way to show newcomers that AA is all over the world. We don't celebrate for our own benefit.


We celebrate anniversaries to show the program works.

If we add our locations we get to show that AA works EVERYWHERE!

-- Tom


In the meantime if you have an anniversary this month but are not seeing your name here please email me with your Name, Sobriety Date (09/01/2020), and your Location (City/State - City/Country) so that I can update the list and your profile.


I put directions to update your own profile. We plan to use the contact infomation used for regisrtation to compile the birthdays from now on.



OCTOBER 2026 MIRACLES




 Drop a Buck in the Basket?


PayPal PayPal.com/paypalme/donationforYDR

or

Venmo @yourdailyreprieve



The cost to mail Your Daily Reprieve

just went up to $200 a month!!


Thank you everyone for your generous contributions.


As Bill Sees It


October 4


Recovery Through Giving, p.275


For a new prospect, outline the program of action, explaining how you made a self-appraisal, how you straightened out your past, and why you are now endeavoring to be helpful to him. It is important for him to realize that your attempt to pass this on to him plays a vital part in your own recovery. Actually, he may be helping you more than you are helping him. 
Make it plain that he is under no obligation to you.


In the first six months of my own sobriety, I worked hard with many alcoholics. Not a one responded. Yet this work kept me sober. It wasn’t a question of those alcoholics giving me anything. My stability came out of trying to give, not out of demanding that I receive.


1. Alcoholics Anonymous, p.94

2. Grapevine, January 1958




TWENTY-FOUR HOURS


October 4


A.A. Thought For The Day

Am I critical of other members of A.A. or of new prospects? Do I ever say about other members: “I don’t think they’re sincere, I think they’re bluffing, or I think they’re taking a few drinks on the quiet?” Do I realize that my doubtful and skeptical attitude is hurting those members, if only in my attitude toward them, which they cannot help sensing? Do I say about new prospects: “They’ll never make the program,” or do I say: “They’ll only last a few months?” If I take this attitude, I am unconsciously hurting those prospects’ chances. Is my attitude always constructive and never destructive?


Meditation For The Day

To be attracted toward God and a better life, you must be spirit-guided. There is wonderful illumination of thought given to those who are spirit-guided. To those who are material-guided, there is nothing in God or a finer life to appeal to them or to attract them. But to those who are spirit-guided there is strength and peace and calm to be found in communion with an Unseen Lord. To those who believe in this God they cannot see but whose power they can feel, life has a meaning and purpose. They are children of the Unseen Lord, and all human beings are their brothers and sisters.


Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may be spirit-guided. I pray that I may feel God’s presence and power in my life.


A Day At A Time


October 4


Reflection For The Day

We are powerless over our addictions; that admission brought us to The Program, where we learn through unconditional surrender that there is victory in defeat. After a time, we learn in Twelfth Step work that we’re not only powerless over our own addiction, but over the addictions of others. We cannot will another person to sobriety, for example, any more than we can hold back the sunset. We may minister to another person’s physical needs; we may share with him, pray with him, and take him to meetings. But we cannot get inside his head and push some sort of magic button that will make him — or her — take the all-important First Step.  Do I still sometimes try to play God?


Today I Pray

may I understand my all-too-human need to be the boss, have the upper hand, be the final authority — even in the humbling business of my own addiction. May I see how easy it would be to become a big-shot Twelfth Stepper. May I also see that, no matter how much I care and want to help, I have no control over another’s addiction — any more than someone else has control over mine.


Today I Will Remember

I cannot engineer another’s sobriety.



DAILY THOUGHTS

___________________________________________________________

^*^*^*^*^

(\~AA~/)

(  \(AA)/  )

(_ /AA\ _)

/AA\

^*^*^*^*^


Comfort


"When I am feeling depressed, I repeat to myself statements such as these: 'Pain is the touchstone of progress.' . . . 'Fear no evil.' . . . 'This, too, will pass.' . . . 'This experience can be turned to benefit.' These fragments of prayer bring far more than comfort. They keep me on the track of right acceptance; they break up my compulsive themes of guilt, depression, rebellion, and pride; and sometimes they endow me with the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."


Bill W., AA Grapevine, March 1962

c. 1967 AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 110



Thought to Consider . . . 

God enters us through our wounds.



*~*AACRONYMS*~*


H E L P

Hope, Encouragement, Love, and Patience



___________________________________________________________



DAILY REFLECTION


October 4


A NECESSARY PRUNING

… we know that the pains of drinking had to come before sobriety, and emotional turmoil before serenity.
-TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 94

I love spending time in my garden feeding and pruning my beautiful flowers. One day, as I was busily snipping away, a neighbor stopped by. She commented, “Oh! Your plants are so beautiful, it seems such a shame to cut them back.” I replied, “I know how you feel, but the excess must be removed so they can grow stronger and healthier.” Later I thought that perhaps my plants feel pain, but God and I know it’s part of the plan and I’ve seen the results. I was quickly reminded of my precious A.A. program and how we all grow through pain. I ask God to prune me when it’s time, so I can grow.





POT LUCK


Father Leo’s Daily Meditation

October 4

LIFE

“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.”
– William Allen White

Today I have confidence in my life and I am experiencing consistency in my behavior and attitude. In recovery, things follow a natural progression and life is more like a series of curves than sharp peaks. As an addict, my life was forever going up and down, ecstasy followed by gloom; the “best ever” followed by depression; always black and white — no grays.


Today I have some balance and consistency. Things are connected and grow in the process of change. Sudden happenings and quick changes scare me because they are symptomatic of yesterday’s disease and are not consistent with the spiritual life I seek. Today I have the peace of knowing that tomorrow will be something like today — and I am happy.


Thank You for the spiritual gift of consistency.



Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for our Friend Tom Murphy on what would have been his 77th Birthday


If you are not aware as yet, we have sad news that Tom Murphy, our dear friend, was lost to us on the 7th of August, 2026. Tom was the creator of "Your Daily Reprieve".


We are linking Tom's Obituary here for all of you to read. There was a Celebration of Life, on what would have been his 77th birthday on September 26th, 2026.



Here is a link to the zoom recording, for those that would like hear or see the event.


Audio Only


Video


(Please go to 1:31:40 for the Sharing on either of these until we can edit them)




Excellent Resource

Blogs, Audio and Video Articles

(Note: I have not as yet verified the below links)

https://takethe12.org/

 

***************************

 

"AA Recovery Interviews" Podcast

https://aarecoveryinterviews.com

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/


 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 


***************************

 

AA Membership Survey 2022

Alcoholics Anonymous 2022 Membership Survey | Alcoholics Anonymous

 

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 ***************************

 

DR. PAUL O.

There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking

(Audio Book)

Introduction

http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I

http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II

http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III

http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV

http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8




** AA CDs Literature and tapes**

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

  ***************************


**ZOOM MEETINGS**

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

***************************

 

**ARCHIVES**



AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE



A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

BIG BOOK for DUMMIES

Big Book for Dummies - YouTube

 

https://bit.ly/4xHU0QA



*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.




 RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK

Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)

Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt



***************************


**MEDITATIONS**


Loving Kindness Meditations

 With Music

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****


Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

MOOJI GUIDED Meditation

http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v

 

***************************

 

**PODCASTS**


https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast



***************************

  

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 


*************************** 


Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst


 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

Miscellaneous Sources


Note from the Editor


Thanks for all the reply emails. Due to my schedule I am sadly lacking time to respond to each one. I would still love to hear from all of you and to get your Sobriety Anniversary and if possible your City/State/Country so that I can be sure to add you to the Birthday's List each month. I will do my best to find times on the weekend to review and respond to as many as possible.


Also, I respect that some of you may not see a value in the 'Your Daily Reprieve' email since our friend Tom passes on to the BIG MEETING, so I encourage you to let me know how you feel I might be able to better reach you with the daily email.


Update 2: Responding to a few comments, I have done by best to reduce the lengthliness of the email, by returning to the original format Tom had been using last year. I do hope that this will be a good change for everyone.


SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
FacebookShare This Email
TwitterShare This Email
LinkedInShare This Email

If you would like to modify/update your contact profile, please click on the below "Update Profile" Hyperlink. There are some new fields in your contact profile for Sobriety Date, Homegroup, and Meeting Day(s)/Time(s).



If we can get all the Sobriety Dates and City/State or City/Country information put into the system, it will make compiling the Anniversary (Birthday) list much easier.

Your Daily Reprieve | 1427 County Rd GG | New Richmond, WI 54017 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 01.19.26