Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

 

 

Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday  August  5, 2026

 

From Waynesville, NC

 

 

Faith is the eternal elixir.

 It gives life, power, and action

to the impulse of thought.
~Napoleon Hill

 

“Demands, hopes, yearnings, and desires tie us to the static horror and the utter futility of the forever departed past and the never-arriving future. To want nothing – to know that we cannot make anything happen – brings inner and outer joy, total fulfillment.”

~Vietnam, September 1974

 

"Some people have the kind of confidence

that lets them get away with being clueless."

~Lynne Kelly

 

Whoever will be free must make him- or herself free.  Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a person's lap.  What is freedom?  To have the will to be responsible for one's self.
~Max Stirner

 

 

“There was no use in my wondering why or when I became an alcoholic for the very simple reason that it wouldn’t change my condition; even if I did find the answer, I would still be an alcoholic.”

~ Toronto, Ontario, November 1952, “I Had Lost the War!”, Step By Step

 

Big Book Quote

 

A new life has been given us or, if you prefer, "a design for living" that really works.

 

P28

 

 

Daily Share!

 

AA Speaker of the Day

 

 

WES

Toronto

@Friends of Bill

Orlando, FL

02.03.02

 

https://tinyurl.com/5n6z2dkk

 

 

 

Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

 

AUGUST 2026 Miracles

 

 

8/1 Bill H. (Melbourne Beach, FL/Wells, ME)…..17

8/1 Michael K……16

8/1 Anne R.(Charlotte, NC) …..1

8/2 Garry K. (Kelowna, BC)…..57

8/3 Patti T. (CT Shoreline)…..38

8/4 Dan M. (Nantucket MA)…..24

8/4 Sari H. …..28

8/5 Mary OO (Marina Del Rey, CA)…..46

8/6 Jason J. (Maggie Valley, NC)…..14

8/7 Sherri R. (Panama City, FL)…..2

8/7 Glad (Jacksonville, FL)…..30

8/8 David T. (Newmarket, NH)…..44

8/8 Lisa L. (Leicester, NC)…..11

8/8 Leslie N.

8/8 Donna S. (Rockledge, FL)…..18

8/12 Billy M. (Middleburg, VA)…..26

8/14 Tim D. (Newburyport, MA)…..33

8/15 Siobhan (NYC)…..27

8/15 Kurtis E. (FT Pierce, FL)…..4

8/17 Susan D. …..2

8/17 Jon B. (Parsonsburg, MD)…..38

8/18 John T. (Basking Ridge, NJ/Sarasota, FL)…..10

8/18 Sherry C. (Jasper, GA)…..17

8/18 Steve C. (Jacksonville, FL)…..8

8/19 Jessica L. (Stamford, CT)…..41

8/21 Brendan Mc. (Nantucket, MA)…..2

8/22 Jackie Y. (California)…..32

8/22 Tina (Port Charlotte, FL)…..1

8/23 Bee N. (Montesinos, Spain)…..34

8/24 Marilyn R. (Sarasota, FL)…..31

8/25 John P. (Mallorca, Spain)…..7

8/22 Stuart W. (Old Tappan, NJ)…..25

8/27 Kim S. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31

8/28 John D. (Graham. NC).8….

8/30 Chris B. (Sandwich, NH)…..34

 

0761 Total Years Of Sobriety

 

 

 

 

 

 

Drop a Buck in the Basket?

PayPal paypal.me/TomMurphy

Venmo @Tom-Murphy-160

 

12&12

 

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

Suppose that financial insecurity constantly arouses these same feelings. I can ask myself to what extent have my own mistakes fed my gnawing anxieties. And if the actions of others are part of the cause, what can I do about that? If I am unable to change the present state of affairs, am I willing to take the measures necessary to shape my life to conditions as they are? Questions like these, more of which will come to mind easily in each individual case, will help turn up the root causes.

pp. 52-53

Twenty-Four Hours

 

A.A. Thought For The Day

We in A.A. are offering a kind of psychological program as well as a
spiritual one. First, people must be mentally able to receive it. They
must have made up their minds that they want to quit drinking, and
they must be willing to do something about it. Their confidence must
be obtained. We must show them that we are their friends and really
desire to help them. When we have their confidence, they will listen to
us. Then the A.A. fellowship is a kind of group therapy. Newcomers
need the fellowship of other alcoholics who understand their problem
because they have had it themselves. Individuals must learn to
reeducate their minds. They must learn to think differently. Do I do
my best to give mental help?

Meditation For The Day

"And this is life eternal, that they may know Thee." It is the flow of
life eternal through spirit, mind, and body that cleanses, heals,
restores, and renews. Seek conscious contact with God more and more
each day. Make God an abiding presence during the day. Be conscious
of His spirit helping you. All that is done without God's spirit is
passing. All that is done with God's spirit is life eternal.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may be in the stream of eternal life. I pray that I may be
cleansed and healed by the Eternal Spirit.

 

 

 



 

 

 

Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Forgiveness

"The moment we ponder a twisted or broken relationship with another person, our emotions go on the defensive. To escape looking at the wrongs we have done another, we resentfully focus on the wrong he has done us. This is especially true if he has, in fact, behaved badly at all. Triumphantly, we seize upon his misbehavior as the perfect excuse for minimizing or forgetting our own. If we are now about to ask forgiveness for ourselves, why shouldn't we start out by forgiving them, one and all?"
Bill W.
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 78



Thought to Consider . . .
W
e are prisoners of our own resentments. Forgiveness unlocks the door and sets us free.

 


*~*AACRONYMS*~*

D E T A C H
Don't Even Think About Changing Him/Her



 



Daily Reflection

.

LISTENING DEEPLY

How persistently we claim the right to decide all by

ourselves just what we shall think and just how we shall act

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 37

 

 

If I accept and act upon the advice of those who have made

the program work for themselves, I have a chance to

outgrow the limits of the past. Some problems will shrink

to nothingness, while others may require patient, wellthought-

out action. Listening deeply when others share can

develop intuition in handling problems which arise

unexpectedly. It is usually best for me to avoid impetuous

action. Attending a meeting or calling a fellow A.A.

member will usually reduce tension enough to bring relief

to a desperate sufferer like me. Sharing problems at

meetings with other alcoholics to whom I relate, or

privately with my sponsor, can change aspects of the

positions in which I find myself. Character defects are

identified and I begin to see how they work against me.

When I put my faith in the spiritual power of the program,

when I trust others to teach me what I need to do to have a

better life, I find that I can trust myself to do what is

necessary.

 

 

 

Pot Luck

 

 

 

~ IF YOU WANT WHAT WE HAVE ~ (Sponsorship Meditations) ~

 

The flower must drink the nature of the soil Before it can put forth its blossoming.

 

~ JOHN KEATS ~

 

Newcomer

 

I’ve had to cut back on meetings lately, because my life is so full. There’s so much to do, so much lost time to make up for. And the meetings are repetitive; I feel as if I can predict in advance what’s going to happen there.

 

Sponsor

 

It’s natural to experience fluctuations in our enthusiasm for sober routines; there are ups and downs in any relationship. At times, meetings seem like something “they” are requiring me to do, rather than something I’ve chosen. When I’m sitting there, I don’t always pay close attention. I may feel irritated by a personality, bored hearing something I think I already know, or too distracted by my thoughts to focus on principles. But I keep going anyway, and the meetings—as if by magic—get better. Suddenly, I hear exactly what I need to hear. I suspect that the problem isn’t so much with meetings as with my attitude.

 

By attending meetings and making calls consistently—not just when we feel desperate—we keep the lines of communication open. That way we maintain a basis of support for ourselves and others; we can count on its being there when we need it most.

 

I have a life now, and I am responsible for it.

 

Today, the decision I make to maintain my recovery is my own decision. Establishing a sober routine and sticking to it is a tool for maintaining that life.



 

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 

 

DR. PAUL O.
There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking
(Audio Book)

Introduction
http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I
http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II
http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III
http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV
http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8

AA CDs Literature and tapes
https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

 

 

ZOOM MEETINGS

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

 

 

ARCHIVES

 

 

AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE

 A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

 

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.

 

 

 

RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK
Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)
Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt

 

 

 

**NEW MEDITATIONS**

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

 

**Podcasts**

https://boiledowlaa.org/

https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast

 

 

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

*****

 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

AA Speaker Tapes

http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Is there an issue with Your Daily Reprieve? Have not received nor been able to locate online any posts after August 5th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too wondering what happened? I used to share it daily with friends. It was a way to do service and to connect with others. Hope it will return one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. Not since August 6th. I’ve sent separate emails as well and no response. Tom has always been very prompt with replies. I fear the worst…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same experience. I too have emailed Tom separately a couple of times. First time this has happened in well over ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anybody interested in trying to continue or create something similar or new?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let’s find out what’s happened first Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also concerned for Tom. Seni personal email last week with no reply

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just received an email from the Daily Reprieve. Tom has indeed passed away. As we say in my old homegroup, “he made the program”. This is very sad. His daily emails helped so many alcoholics stay sober over the years, myself included. I met him at the Tossa de Mar Convention in 2007. What service! Amazing. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He graduated from AA. Rest in peace Tom. 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  10. it would be so cool if we could in Tom's honor continue this
    how did Tom die..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 10.30.25