October 1st 2026 - Your Daily Reprieve

 

October 1, 2026

Waynesville, NC


Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for our Friend Tom Murphy on what would have been his 77th Birthday


If you are not aware as yet, we have sad news that Tom Murphy, our dear friend, was lost to us on the 7th of August, 2026. Tom was the creator of "Your Daily Reprieve".


We are linking Tom's Obituary here for all of you to read. There was a Celebration of Life, on what would have been his 77th birthday on September 26th, 2026.



Here is a link to the zoom recording, for those that would like hear or see the event.


Audio Only


Video


(Please go to 1:31:40 for the Sharing on either of these until we can edit them)



Thoughts to Start Your Day

_________________________



“The number one way to relieve pain is to forgive.”


~Grapevine: Hermosa Beach, California, February 1998

    ______________________________________


Spirituality has much more to do with subtraction

than it does with addition.


~Meister Eckhart

 ______________________________________


The secret of contentment is the realization

that life is a gift, not a right.      


-unattributed

______________________________________


Contentment comes as the infallible result

of great acceptances, great humilities

-- of not trying to make ourselves this or that,


but of surrendering ourselves to the fullness of life

-- of letting life flow through us.      


-David Grayson

_____________________________________




If You'd Like To Sign Up

ADD A Friend , A Sponsee, A Sponsor or a Newcomer

To Your Daily Reprieve Email List Use This Link

https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/bJDtvfe


Untitled_Landing_Page_created_at_Tue_Sep_22_190242_EDT_2026


BIG BOOK QUOTE


October 1

ME AN ALCOHOLIC?


– Alcohol’s wringer squeezed this author–but he escaped quite whole.


I’d had absolute faith in science, and only in science. “Knowledge is power,” I’d always been taught. Now I had to face up to the fact that knowledge of this sort, applied to my individual case, was not power. Science could take my mind apart expertly, but it couldn’t seem to put it together again. I crawled back to my analyst, not so much because I had faith in him, but because I had nowhere else to turn.


p. 385


__________________________________________________________


12-Steps & 12-Traditions


October 1

Tradition One – “Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon A.A. Unity.”

To many minds all this liberty for the individual spells sheer anarchy. Every newcomer, every friend who looks at A.A. for the first time is greatly puzzled. They see liberty verging on license, yet they recognize at once that A.A. has an irresistible strength of purpose and action. “How,” they ask, “can such a crowd of anarchists function at all? How can they possible place their common welfare first? What in Heaven’s name holds them together?”


pp. 129-130



DAILY SHARE


AA Speaker of the Day

Sister Bea Moore

California

 

http://bit.ly/32PxYMN



ZOOM

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….

Topic: Pot Luck…9AM EST

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394


Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

Send your sober date and location to :

sober@yourdailyreprieve.com


I always thought that posting our locations with our anniversaries was a great way to show newcomers that AA is all over the world. We don't celebrate for our own benefit.


We celebrate anniversaries to show the program works.

If we add our locations we get to show that AA works EVERYWHERE!

-- Tom


August 2026 Miracles

In the meantime if you have an anniversary this month but are not seeing your name here please email me with your Name, Sobriety Date (09/01/2020), and your Location (City/State - City/Country) so that I can update the list and your profile.


I put directions to update your own profile. We plan to use the contact infomation used for regisrtation to compile the birthdays from now on.



SEPTEMBER2026 MIRACLES


Sobriety Name   City/Province  State/Country Years

10/01   Barry F      40

10/01   Jim B.     Brunswick        ME     10

10/01  Leo N.           MA     22

10/01  Mary H.     Andover      MA    38

10/01   Tom K.     Livingston  NJ      2

10/01  Lauri S    Kensington      NH  24

10/01  Michael O   Port Orange      FL 39

10/02   Dave R.    Bedminster NJ        15

10/02  Jaimee L.   Ft. Myers  FL  10

10/03  Eric M.    Wells          ME 6

10/04   Kristopher B.Toledo    OH     12

10/04  Melissa H.  Orlando    FL     16

10/04   Tom H.     Strongsville OH     26

10/05   Gary G.    Otsego MI/Ruskin  FL     37

10/06   Dan O.    Manorville NY    4

10/06   Spike C.   Vero Beach    FL 7

10/06   Terry S.    Collingwood     ON   6

10/06  Jennifer B   1

10/06  Laura D    Teaneck         NJ       11

10/08 Katy R.    Berkhamsted      UK       2

10/09  Xavier F.   Phoenix         AZ       13

10/10  Raymond H  Cookeville  TN        16

10/10  Steve Bombo Minnesota City  MN  54

10/11   Harriett B. Parsonsburg      MD       38

10/12  Mitzi C     Cayman Island  18

10/13  Robert L    Holly Ridge       NC  25

10/13   Tim P    7

10/13 Angie T    Okeford Fitzpaine UK 22

10/14   Maek D     Atlanta     GA 7

10/14  Steve P     42

10/14  Carol HS   Key Largo  FL   41

10/14  Jack R. Santa Monica  CA   14

10/14  Mary A.    Goose Creek  SC  13

10/15  John C.    East Quogue      NY         5

10/18   Theresa TK  Green Valley AZ        33

10/19   Jason M  TN        3

10/20   Kathleen G. Greenwich CT       4

10/22  Doug S    Brookfield    CN   36

10/22   Harry G    Sarasota    FL 34

10/25 Libby M    Vancouver BC    Canada  30

10/25  Robyn M    Delray Beach FL   37

10/26  Niall H.    Dublin   Ireland   34

10/27  Jolene E    Orlando   FL   23

10/27  Pamela L.   Basking Ridge   NJ  40

10/27  Sue B.     Seabrook        NH 41

10/28  Rowena D.   Staffordshire  UK    6

10/30   Estelle R        50

10/30 Rhonda G       30

10/30 Tim H   1

________________________________________________________________

1055 Total Years of Sobriety





 Drop a Buck in the Basket?


PayPal PayPal.com/paypalme/donationforYDR

or

Venmo @yourdailyreprieve



The cost to mail Your Daily Reprieve

just went up to $200 a month!!


Thank you everyone for your generous contributions.


As Bill Sees It


October 1

Troubles of Our Own Making, p.272


Selfishness–self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.


So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn’t think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us!


Alcoholics Anonymous, p.62



TWENTY-FOUR HOURS


October 1


A.A. Thought For The Day

A.A. will lose some of its effectiveness if I do not do my share. Where am I failing? Are there some things I do not feel like doing? Am I held back by self-consciousness or fear? Self-consciousness is a form of pride. It is a fear that something may happen to you. What happens to you is not very important. The impression you make on others does not depend so much on the kind of job you do as on your sincerity and honesty of purpose. Am I holding back because I am afraid of not making a good impression?


Meditation For The Day

Look to God for the true power that will make you effective. See no other wholly dependable supply of strength. That is the secret of a truly effective life. And you, in your turn, will be used to help many others find effectiveness. Whatever spiritual help you need, whatever spiritual help you desire for others, look to God. Seek that God’s will be done in your life and seek that your will conforms to His. Failures come from depending too much on your own strength.


Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may feel that nothing good is too much for me if I look to God for help. I pray that I may be effective through His guidance.



A Day At A Time


October 1


Reflection For The Day

We can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely. We can be all by ourselves and still feel happy and content. What makes the difference? We feel lonely if we look to other people for something they really can’t provide. None else can give us peace of mind, an inner sense of acceptance, and serenity. And when we find ourselves alone, we needn’t feel lonely. God is with us; His presence is like a warm shawl enfolding us. The more we’re aware of ourselves as beloved by God, the more we’re able to feel content and secure — whether we’re with others or when alone.  Am I experiencing a sense of God and His love at all times and in all places?


Today I Pray

May I understand that we each have our own kind of loneliness — whether we are young and friendless, old and kept waiting by death, bereft, left, running away, or just feeling out of it in a crowd. May my loneliness be eased a bit by the fact that loneliness is, indeed, a universal feeling that everyone knows first hand — even though some lives seem more empty than others. May I — and all the lonely people — take comfort in the companionship of God.


Today I Will Remember

Shared loneliness is less lonely.


DAILY THOUGHTS

___________________________________________________________

^*^*^*^*^

(\~AA~/)

(  \(AA)/  )

(_ /AA\ _)

/AA\

^*^*^*^*^


Diagnosis


"We do not like to pronounce any individual as alcoholic, but you can quickly diagnose yourself. Step over to the nearest barroom and try some controlled drinking. Try a drink and stop abruptly. Try it more than once. It will not take long for you to decide, if you are honest with yourself about it. It may be worth a case of the jitters if you get a full knowledge of your condition."


c. 1976, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 31-2



Thought to Consider . . . 


I have learned that I did not get here a day early or a drink short.



*~*AACRONYMS*~*


Y A N A

You Are Not Alone


___________________________________________________________



DAILY REFLECTION


October 1

LEST WE BECOME COMPLACENT

It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe.
-ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 85

When I am in pain it is easy to stay close to the friends I have found in the programs. Relief from that pain is provided in the solutions contained in A.A.’s Twelve Steps. But when I am feeling good and things are going well, I can become complacent. To put it simply, I become lazy and turn into the problem instead of the solution. I need to get into action, to take stock: where am I and where am I going? A daily inventory will tell me what I must change to regain spiritual balance. Admitting what I find within myself, to God and to another human being, keeps me honest and humble.




POT LUCK


One Day At A Time

October 1

The Fear of Failure

“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.”
–Seneca

I was full of excuses: “I can’t start a food plan. Won’t it be the same as a diet? I’m a free spirit! I don’t like such restrictions! If I can’t do something perfectly, why should I even start? I do it perfectly, or I don’t do it at all! I have gone too far to ever go back to being anywhere near healthy. I don’t have time to plan my Food. I am young. I have plenty of time to worry about taking off the weight!”


These were my favorite excuses. Underlying all the excuses was the fear of failure. I did not know that true failure comes about by not ever having tried. My life circumstances never got better by ignoring my problems with food. Ignoring my condition began to complicate every aspect of my life.

This moment I have a choice. I dare to choose in the next few moments even one small thing that I can do to make my life better or more healthful.


One day at a time …

If I cannot think of anything, I will pause and ask my Higher Power to help me learn to choose.


~ January K.





Excellent Resource

Blogs, Audio and Video Articles

(Note: I have not as yet verified the below links)

https://takethe12.org/

 

***************************

 

"AA Recovery Interviews" Podcast

https://aarecoveryinterviews.com

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/


 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 


***************************

 

AA Membership Survey 2022

Alcoholics Anonymous 2022 Membership Survey | Alcoholics Anonymous

 

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 ***************************

 

DR. PAUL O.

There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking

(Audio Book)

Introduction

http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I

http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II

http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III

http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV

http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8




** AA CDs Literature and tapes**

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

  ***************************


**ZOOM MEETINGS**

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

***************************

 

**ARCHIVES**



AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE



A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

BIG BOOK for DUMMIES

Big Book for Dummies - YouTube

 

https://bit.ly/4xHU0QA



*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.




 RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK

Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)

Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt



***************************


**MEDITATIONS**


Loving Kindness Meditations

 With Music

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****


Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

MOOJI GUIDED Meditation

http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v

 

***************************

 

**PODCASTS**


https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast



***************************

  

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 


*************************** 


Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst


 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

Miscellaneous Sources


Note from the Editor


Thanks for all the reply emails. Due to my schedule I am sadly lacking time to respond to each one. I would still love to hear from all of you and to get your Sobriety Anniversary and if possible your City/State/Country so that I can be sure to add you to the Birthday's List each month. I will do my best to find times on the weekend to review and respond to as many as possible.


Also, I respect that some of you may not see a value in the 'Your Daily Reprieve' email since our friend Tom passes on to the BIG MEETING, so I encourage you to let me know how you feel I might be able to better reach you with the daily email.


Update 2: Responding to a few comments, I have done by best to reduce the lengthliness of the email, by returning to the original format Tom had been using last year. I do hope that this will be a good change for everyone.


SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
FacebookShare This Email
TwitterShare This Email
LinkedInShare This Email

If you would like to modify/update your contact profile, please click on the below "Update Profile" Hyperlink. There are some new fields in your contact profile for Sobriety Date, Homegroup, and Meeting Day(s)/Time(s).



If we can get all the Sobriety Dates and City/State or City/Country information put into the system, it will make compiling the Anniversary (Birthday) list much easier.

Your Daily Reprieve | 1427 County Rd GG | New Richmond, WI 54017 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 01.19.26