Your Daily Reprieve 07.31.26

 

 

 

Your Daily Reprieve for Friday July 31, 2024

 

From Waynesville, NC

 

 

“The realization that I had experienced something spiritual was in itself a spiritual experience, and I am only slowly understanding its implications. What happened in the past, without my knowledge, is probably continuing now. And in the future, when tomorrow becomes today, it can go on and on. All that is required is a desire to stop drinking, and to stay stopped.”

York, Pennsylvania, January 1977

 

 

"A lack of transparency

results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity."

-Dalai Lama

 

 

"Pain is inevitable,

suffering is not."

-Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

 

 

“Facing ourselves ... is often more difficult

than being honest with another person.”

Manhattan, NY, December 1980

 

Big Book Quote

 

 

We have entered the world of the Spirit. Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness. This is not an overnight matter. It should continue for our lifetime.

 

P84

 

 

 

 

Daily Share!

 

AA Speaker of the Day

 

TJ J.

South Florida Quarterly

Tampa, FL

1996

 

https://bit.ly/4yNZt99

 

Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

 

JULY2024 Miracles

 

7/1 Will S. (Shamokin, Dam, PA)…..9

7/1 Ida C. …..18

7/1 Matt S. …..8

7/2 Estelle L. (Palm Coast, FL)…..6

7/2 Rosann (Mayo, Ireland)…..32

7/4 Malcolm S. (Waynesville/Vero Beach)…..41

7/4 Walter L. (Wells, ME)…..18

7/4 Chris D. (Bristol, VT)…..38

7/4 Rob F. (Wading River, NY)…..22

7/4 Dave S. (Gulf Breeze, FL)…..41

7/6 Ron L. (Kittery, ME)…..40

7/6 John B. (Supply, NC)…..5

7/6 Murdoch G. (Nova Scotia, CA)…..14

7/6 Michael R. (Floral Park/Bethpage, NY)…..36

7/6 Don T. (Palm Coast, FL)…..31

7/6 Francis G. (Dallas, TX)…..39

7/7 Pete C. (Yulee, FL)…..18

7/7 Sam F. (Sarasota, FL)…..25

7/7 Jeanne S. (NYC)…..3

7/9 David S. (Commack, NY)…..11

7/10 Richie S. (New Palz, NY)…..51

7/10 David S. (Longboat Key, FL)…..23

7/10 Laura A. (Columbus, OH)…..9

7/11 Doug G. (Stamford, CT)…..12

7/11 Joanie T. (NYC)…..43

7/12 Jan K. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..28

7/13 Jill M. (Elmont, NY)…..

7/13 Eleanor McM. (Far Hills, NJ)…..

7/13 Rick S.(Victor, ID)…..3614

7/13 Liz K. (Nantucket, MA)…..13

7/13 Linda C. (Jensen Beach, FL)…..50

7/14 Petermac (Australia)…..27

7/15 Robin G. (Edison, NJ)…..9

7/15 Michelle A. (Wading River, NY)…..22

7/15 Erika S. (Yulee, FL)…..20

7/16 Jack S. (Franklin Sq., NY)…..31

7/18 Lisa S. (Sarasota, FL)…..26

7/19 Murielle I. (Victoria, BC, Canada)…..21

7/19 Louise H. …..14

7/19 Jake M. (Tucson, AZ)…..4

7/21 Deborah C. (Corvallis, MT)…..23

7/21 Jeffrey M. (Montreal, CA)…..23

7/22 Mark H. …..6

7/22 Sandy S. (Winchester , UK)…..9

7/22 Brian C. (Marin Cty, CA)..,.,.,.45

7/23 Jamie G. (WPB)…..9

7/23 Carlos M. (Boston)…..14

7/24 Rick R. (Danbury CT)…..17

7/26 Jeff U. (Calabash, NC)…..23

7/27 Lisa C. (Liverpool, England)…..10

7/27 David M. (San Francisco, CA)…..21

7/27 Jimmy G. (Louisville, KY)…..41

7/28 Mark L. (Lamoine, ME)…..34

7/28 Chris F. (Rockland, ME)…..42

7/29 Linda S. (Oberlin, OH)…..42

7/29 Wynter P. (Madison, CT)…..35

7/30 Davis H. (Manitowish Waters, WI)…..28

 

 

1307 Total Years of Sobriety

 

 

 

Drop a Buck in the Basket?

PayPal paypal.me/TomMurphy

Venmo @Tom-Murphy-160

 

12&12

 

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

All these failings generate fear, a soul-sickness in its own right. Then fear, in turn, generates more character defects. Unreasonable fear that our instincts will not be satisfied drives us to covet the possessions of others, to lust for sex and power, to become angry when our instinctive demands are threatened, to be envious when the ambitions of others seem to be realized while ours are not. We eat, drink, and grab for more of everything than we need, fearing we shall never have enough. And with genuine alarm at the prospect of work, we stay lazy. We loaf and procrastinate, or at best work grudgingly and under half steam. These fears are the termites that ceaselessly devour the foundations of whatever sort of life we try to build.

p. 49



Twenty-Four Hours

 

A.A. Thought For The Day

This leaves only one day - today. Anyone can fight the battles of just
one day. it is only when you and I add the burden of those two awful
eternity's, yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down. It is not the
experience of today that drives us mad. It is the remorse or bitterness
for something that happened yesterday or the dread of what tomorrow
may bring. Let us therefore do our best to live but one day at a time.
Am I living one day at a time?

Meditation For The Day

Give God the gift of a thankful heart. Try to see causes of
thankfulness in your everyday life. When life seems hard and troubles
crowd, then look for some reasons for thankfulness. There is nearly
always something you can be thankful for. The offering of
thanksgiving is indeed a sweet incense going up to God throughout a
busy day. Seek diligently for something to be glad and thankful about.
You will acquire in time the habit of being constantly grateful to God
for all His blessings. Each new day some new cause for joy and
gratitude will spring to your mind and you will thank God sincerely.

Prayer For The Day

I pray for a truly thankful heart. I pray that I may be constantly
reminded of causes for sincere gratitude.

 

 

 



 

 

 

Daily Thought


^*^*^*^*^

(\    ~~    /)

(   \(AA)/   )

(_ /AA\ _)

/ AA \

^*^*^*^*^

Control

"Most of us have been unwilling to admit we were real alcoholics. No person likes to think he is bodily and mentally different from his fellows. Therefore, it is not surprising that our drinking careers have been characterized by countless vain attempts to prove we could drink like other people. The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 30

Thought to Consider . . .

W
hen a person tries to control their drinking they have already lost control.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

S T E P S
Solutions To Every Problem in Sobriety

 



Daily Reflection

.

A PRAYER FOR ALL SEASONS

God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot

change, Courage to change the things we can. And wisdom

to know the difference.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125

 

The power of this prayer is overwhelming in that its simple

beauty parallels the A.A. Fellowship. There are times when

I get stuck while reciting it, but if I examine the section

which is troubling me, I find the answer to my problem.

The first time this happened I was scared, but now I use it

as a valuable tool. By accepting life as it is, I gain serenity.

By taking action, I gain courage and I thank God for the

ability to distinguish between those situations I can work

on, and those I must turn over. All that I have now is a gift

from God: my life, my usefulness, my contentment, and

this program. The serenity enables me to continue walking

forward. Alcoholics Anonymous is the easier, softer way.

 

 

 

Pot Luck

 



 

Father Leo’s Daily Meditation

 

TEACHING

 

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

—Chinese

Proverb

 

I suppose the best way to learn a thing is to do it, practice it, demonstrate it, make it real in our lives. Spirituality needs to be experienced, not talked about.

 

You cannot learn spirituality, get spirituality from a famous guru, read and acquire spirituality from a book—spirituality needs to be discovered in our lives. It needs to be found in body, sexuality, sweat, anger, morning exercise and kneeling in prayer and gratitude at the end of the day.

 

God, may You be real in my life.



 

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 

 

DR. PAUL O.
There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking
(Audio Book)

Introduction
http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I
http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II
http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III
http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV
http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8

AA CDs Literature and tapes
https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

 

 

ZOOM MEETINGS

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

 

 

ARCHIVES

 

 

AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE

 A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

 

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.

 

 

 

RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK
Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)
Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt

 

 

 

**NEW MEDITATIONS**

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

 

**Podcasts**

https://boiledowlaa.org/

https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast

 

 

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

*****

 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

AA Speaker Tapes

http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 10.30.25

Your Daily Reprieve 12.01.25