Saturday, July 11, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 07.12.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Sunday  July 12, 2020

From Waynesville, NC



“No matter what is going on in my life,
no matter how bad things seem,
I can always find something to be grateful for
if I just look hard enough.”
~Grapevine: Mesa, Arizona, March 2010

A clear light seems to fall upon us all
– when we open our eyes.
Since our blindness is caused by our own defects,
we must first deeply realize what they are.
Constructive meditation is the first requirement
for each new step in our spiritual growth.
~As Bill Sees It, pg. 10

Overheard:
I wish my life came with a 30-second trailer,
so I could see what I would be up against.

The most important ingredient for real happiness in life
is your relationships with other people."
~George Vaillant
Harvard Researcher Lead on Real Happiness
72 year study


Big Book Quote

"Once more: The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental
defense against the first drink. Except in a few rare cases, neither
he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His defense
must come from a Higher Power."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 43~



Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day


JASON J
Happy Valley OR
ZoomAAPalooza
Step 1





Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

July  2020 Miracles

7/1 Jean L. (Morristown, NJ)……25
7/1 Ida L. (Jensen Beach, FL)…..12
7/1 Matt S. (Chicago, IL)…..2
7/2 Craig C. (Eureka, CA)…..12
7/2 Allison M. (Panama)…..26
7/4 Deanne L. ()…..3
7/4 Gary G. (Utah/NH)…..31
7/4 Chris D. (Bristol, VT)…..32
7/4 Jim M. (Waynesville, NC)…..30
7/4 Walter L. (Wells, MA)…..12
7/4 Elizabeth S. (Apopka, FL)…..5
7/4 Sanford M. (Apopka, FL)…..5
7/4 Judy R. (Stuart, FL)…..16
7/4 Rob F. (Mineola, NY)…..16
7/4 Dave S. (Gulf Breeze, FL)…..35
7/5 Michelle W. (NYC, NY)…..9
7/5 Theresa D. (Muskego, WI)…..10
7/5 Wes P. (Silver Lake, OH)…..7
7/6 Brian S. (Boston/Nantucket)…..30
7/6 Frances G. (Dallas, TX)…..33
7/6 Don T. (Plymouth, MA)…..25
7/6 Ron L. (Amesbury, MA)…..34
7/7 Melissa T. (Port St John, FL)…..2
7/7 Pascale E. (Tampa, FL/MA&NH)…..4
7/7 Susan M. (Palm City, FL)…..13
7/7 Susan G. (Portland, OR)…..13
7/8 Brendan S. (Boston, MA)….3
7/8 Dustin G. (Eureka, CA)…..3
7/8 Damian D, (New York, NY)…..6
7/9 Dave S. (Commack, NY)…..5
7/10 Richie S. (NY)…..45
7/10 Bill B. (Scituate, MA)…..3
7/10 Laura A. (Columbus, OH)…..3
7/10 Richie S. (New Palz, NY)…..45
7/10 Kendall H. (Key Largo, FL)…..2
7/11 Joanie T. (NYC, NY)…..37
7/11 Alicia A. (Pittsburgh, PA)…..25
7/12 Dena G. ()…..2
7/12 Jan K. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..22
7/13 Dan K. (Cleveland, OH)…..36
7/13 Big Book Paul ()…..23
7/13 Diana H. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..4
7/13 Eleanor M. (Far Hills, NJ)…..8
7/13 Rick S. (Victor, ID)…..30
7/14 Petermac (Coolangatta, Australia)…..21
7/15 Dave L. ()…..3
7/15 Stacey Z. ()…..1
7/15 Michelle A. (New Hyde Park, NY)…..16
7/16 Jack S. (Franklin Sq. , NY)…..25
7/17 Bob B. (Dracut, MA)…..58
7/17 Damian D. ()…..30
7/19 Tara W. (Lititz, PA)…..32
7/19 Murielle I. (Richmond, BC , Canada)…..15
7/21 Andy B. (Seacoast , NH)…..16
7/22 Eddie B. (Burlington, VT)…..36
7/22 Sandy ()…..3
7/23 Sue S. (Randolph, NJ)…..37
7/23 (Miami Beach/Stowe, VT)…..14
7/23 Jamie G. (Louisville, KY/WPB, FL)…..3
7/24 Krista A. (Charlotte, NC)…..14
7/24 Mike Chase E. ()…..14
7/24 Chris F. (Princeton, NJ)…..34
7/24 Ric R. (Danbury, CT)…..11
7/26 Travis F. (St Cloud, FL)…..2
7/27 David M. (San Francisco, CA)…..15
7/27 Don K. (Bedminster, NJ)…..33
7/27 Janie M. ()…..39
7/27 Noel C. (Paradise Valley, AZ)…..37
7/27 Mark L. (Lamoine, ME)…..28
7/27 Tammy C. (Palm Coast, FL)…..21
7/28 Chris F. (Princeton, NJ)…..36
7/28 JDK (Newport, RI)…..12
7/28 Tom L. (Hampton, NH)…..5
7/28 Cindy H. (Belleville, IL)…..31
7/29 Kevin T. (Clearwater, FL)…..36
7/29 Linda WS. (Oberlin, OH)…..36
7/29 Judy F. (Whitinsville, MA)…..29
7/29 Judy F. (MA)…..29
7/29 Mark G. (Randolph, NJ)……7
7/31 Marcia M. New York, NY)…..33

1523  Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

These little studies of A.A. Twelve Steps now come to a close. We have been considering so many problems that it may appear that A.A. consists mainly of racking dilemmas and troubleshooting. To a certain extent, that is true. We have been talking about problems because we are problem people who have found a way up and out, and who wish to share our knowledge of that way with all who can use it. For it is only by accepting and solving our problems that we can begin to get right with ourselves and with the world about us, and with Him who presides over us all. Understanding is the key to right principles and attitudes, and right action is the key to good living; therefore the joy of good living is the theme of A.A.'s Twelfth Step.

p. 125


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Today is ours. Let us live today as we believe God wants us to
live. Each day will have a new pattern which we cannot foresee.
But we can open each day with a quiet period in which we say a little
prayer, asking God to help us through the day. Personal contact with
God, as we understand Him, will from day to day bring us nearer
to an understanding of His will for us. At the close of the day, we
offer Him thanks for another day of sobriety. A full, constructive
day has been lived and we are grateful. Am I asking God each day
for strength and thanking Him each night?

Meditation For The Day

If you believe that God's grace has saved you, then you must believe
that He is meaning to save you yet more and keep you in the way that
you should go. Even human rescuers would not save you from
drowning only to place you in other deep and dangerous waters.
Rather, they would place you on dry land, there to restore you.
God, who is your rescuer, would certainly do this and even more.
God will complete the task He sets out to do. He will not throw you
overboard, if you are depending on Him.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may trust God to keep me in the way. I pray that I may
rely on Him not to let me go.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Obedience

"We of A.A. obey spiritual principles, at first because we must, then because we ought to, and ultimately because we love the kind of life such obedience brings. Great suffering and great love are A.A.'s disciplinarians; we need no others."
1967 AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 27

Thought to Consider . . .

T
he spiritual approach to recovery is not about relinquishing responsibility for our lives to some Cosmic Butler.
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H A L T
Hope, Acceptance, Love, Tolerance




Daily Reflection

GIVING UP CENTER STAGE

For without some degree of humility, no alcoholic can stay
sober at all . . . Without it, they cannot live to much useful
purpose, or, in adversity, be able to summon the faith that
can meet any emergency.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 70

Why do I balk at the word "humility?" I am not humbling
myself toward other people, but toward God, as I
understand Him. Humility means "to show submissive
respect," and by being humble I realize I am not the center
of the universe. When I was drinking, I was consumed by
pride and self-centeredness. I felt the entire world revolved
around me, that I was master of my destiny. Humility
enables me to depend more on God to help me overcome
obstacles, to help me with my own imperfections, so that I
may grow spiritually. I must solve more difficult problems
to increase my proficiency and, as I encounter life's
stumbling blocks, I must learn to overcome them through
God's help. Daily communion with God demonstrates my
humility and provides me with the realization that an entity
more powerful than I is willing to help me if I cease trying
to play God myself.



Pot Luck  

          Breaking the Circle of Deceit



          In my drinking days I lived my life in fear. I was afraid to face reality so I drank to stay hidden.Then I was afraid not to have enough money to             buy my liquid hiding place so I pummeled myself into going to work. At work I beat myself up with the fear that they’d learn I was a drunk, so I overachieved to prove “them” wrong. Then I’d drag myself home exhausted from my fearful posturings and drink to celebrate the real me, the big me, the major me. This was the guy that the working obscured.This was the macho me, the take charge me, the take—this-job-and-shove-it dude who one day was going to put it all together and.. and.. and..

               Have another drink.

               Having another drink was as far as I got with my grandiose schemes, but that was okay, too. In fact, that was great because I never had to test my schemes against reality. I could just sit there, attached to my fantasy IV, my gurgling bottle of fraud, and dream away my angers and resentments and disappointments in a drunken state of self induced glory.

               Then waken to another dawn of despair.
The dreams I dreamed to escape from reality were not real. I was just an average guy. The fears I used as a self-propelling cattle-prod were not real. No one at work suspected I was a drunk; they just thought I was a loud mouthed hotshot goon. And even that person wasn’t real because underneath my take-charge role I was actually a frightened little kid.

               These days I get up and face myself as I am, I face the world as it is. In the long run it’s much easier to live in reality than it ever was in egocentric dreams. I don’t have to figure out how to fool the world again. I don’t have to figure out how to fool myself again.

               I just am, and I try to to make the most of that wonderful privilege.

Stephen Beal, Editor,
Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS



On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/

Daily Reflections Link

 24 Hours A Day Book Link 


As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment