Monday, May 4, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 05.05.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday May 5 , 2020

From Waynesville, NC


I shall pass through this world but once.
If I can show any good or kindness to any human being,
Let me do it now.
Let me not defer or neglect it,
for I shall never pass this way again.
~Stephen Grellet

"Let go of your attachment to being right,
and suddenly your mind is more open.
You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints ofothers,
without being crippled by your own judgment."
--Ralph Marston

"Once you face your fear,
nothing is ever as hard as you think."
--Olivia Newton-John

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
~Unknown


Big Book Quote

"We think it no concern of ours what religious bodies our members identify themselves with as individuals. This should be an entirely personal affair which each one decides for himself in the light of past associations, or his present choice."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 28~






Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

CLANCY I.
Gift of a Lifetime
Venice, CA
@Woodstock of the South
Lake Lanier, GA
11/18



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

MAY  2020 Miracles

5/1 Stacey E. (Dothan, AL)…..14
5/1 Becky W. ()…..11
5/1 Rhonda B. (Texas)…..19
5/1 Bryan E. (NYC, NY)…..6
5/2 Eddie C. (Southampton, UK)…..20
5/2 Steve W. (Cape Cod)…..5
5/2 Marcia U. (Waynesville, NV)…..24
5/4 Regina M. (New York, NY)…..22
5/4 Jim L. (Waynesville, NC)…..1
5/4 Patrick R. (Happy Valley, MA)…..9
5/5 Ricky M. (Palm Coast, FL)…..6
5/5 Denny M. (Leesburg, FL)…..38
5/7 Anthony A. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..24
5/7 Leo H. (Wales, UK)…..15
5/8 Elizabeth H. (Brick, NJ)…..10
5/8 Mark C. (Kodak, TN)…..6
5/8 Rossana G. (East Lansing, MI)…..26
5/8 Mickey B. (Southampton, NY)…..32
5/9 Stuart, O. (Springfield, VA)…..8
5/10 Randy Y. (Chattanooga, TN)…..1
5/10 Steven N. (Northport, FL)…..8
5/10 Rick P. (Seabrook, NH)…..13
5/10 John H. (Miami, FL)…..38
5/10 Jim P. (Carmel, CA)…..9
5/11 Sarah D. (New York City)…..1
5/12 Beth N. (Orlando, FL)…..23
5/13 Gary V. (Portage, IN)…..34
5/14 Kathy S. (Atkinson, NH)…..31
5/15 Orry M. (Norwalk, CT)…..1
5/15 Bill O. (East Hampton, NY)…..16
5/16 Donna K. ()…..1
5/17 Deanna P. (Ellsworth, ME)…..4
5/17 Sanjay C. (Astoria, NY)…..2
5/17 David “Livin’ My Dream” H. (Lewisburg, PA)…..30
5/17 Alan T. (University Park, FL)…..27
5/17 Kimberly K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..2
5/17 John C. (East Hampton, NY)…..19
5/17 Lisa B/ (Paris, KY/Punt Gorda, FL)…..9
5/18 Jessica H. (Boca Raton, FL)…..2
5/19 Rachelle S. ()…..27
5/20 Kay W. ()…..1
5/22 Jamie S. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..18
5/24 Harry K. (Velez, Spain)…..27
5/26 Mark D. (South Berwick, ME)…..17
5/26 Drew P. (Huntersville, NC)…..5
5/26 Jerry S. (NYC, NY)…..38
5/26 Kate W. (Cape Cod)…..5
5/27 Ryan W. (Nantucket, MA)…..2
5/28 Phil K. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
5/29 Harvey P. (Burlington, VT)…..12
5/29 Allen V. (Phoenicia/Astoria. NY)…..12
5/29 Kathleen S. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..19
5/29 B.S. Billy (Portsmouth, RI)…..22
5/29 George B. (Cleveland/Key Largo, FL)…..7
5/31 Art D. (Mequon, WI)…..36
5/31 Rhoda M. (East Hampton, NY)…..14




0806 Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

Sometimes we took a slightly different tack. Sure, we said to ourselves, the hen probably did come before the egg. No doubt the universe had a "first cause" of some sort, the God of the Atom, maybe, hot and cold by turns. But certainly there wasn't any evidence of a God who knew or cared about human beings. We liked A.A. all right, and were quick to say that it had done miracles. But we recoiled from meditation and prayer as obstinately as the scientist who refused to perform a certain experiment lest it prove his pet theory wrong. Of course we finally did experiment, and when unexpected results followed, we felt different; in fact we knew different; and so we were sold on meditation and prayer. And that, we have found, can happen to anybody who tries. It has been well said that "almost the only scoffers at prayer are those who never tried it enough."

p. 97

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I had to show off and boast so that people would think I
amounted to something, when, of course, both they and I knew
that I really didn't amount to anything. I didn't fool anybody.
Although I've been sober for quite a while, the old habit of
building myself up is still with me. I still have a tendency to
think too well of myself and to pretend to be more than I really
am. Am I always in danger of becoming conceited just because
I'm sober?

Meditation For The Day

I cannot ascertain the spiritual with my intellect. I can only
do it by my own faith and spiritual faculties. I must think of
God more with my heart than with my head. I can breathe in God's
very spirit in the life around me. I can keep my eyes turned
toward the good things in the world. I am shut up in a box of
space and time, but I can open a window in that box by faith.
I can empty my mind of all the limitations of material things.
I can sense the Eternal.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that whatever is good I may have. I pray that I may
leave to God the choice of what good will come to me.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \ (
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Right Living

"Service gladly rendered, obligations squarely met, troubles well accepted or solved with God's help, the knowledge that at home or in the world outside we are partners in a common effort, the fact that in God's sight all human beings are important, the proof that love freely given brings a full return, the certainty that we are no longer isolated and alone in self-constructed prisons, the surety that we can fit and belong in God's scheme of things - these are the satisfactions of right living for which no pomp and circumstance, no heap of material possessions, could possibly be substitutes."
Bill W.
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 124
As Bill Sees It, p. 254


Thought to Consider . . .

"I have been given a quiet place in bright sunshine."
Bill W., Box 1980:
The AA Grapevine, Jan. 1958. The Language of the Heart, p. 238
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

G I F T
God Is Forever There





Daily Reflection

THE FOREST AND THE TREES
. . . what comes to us alone may be garbled by our own
rationalization and wishful thinking. The benefit of talking
to another person is that we can get his direct comment and
counsel on our situation. . . .
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 60

I cannot count the times when I have been angry and
frustrated and said to myself, "I can't see the forest for the
trees!" I finally realized that what I needed when I was in
such pain was someone who could guide me in separating
the forest and the trees; who could suggest a better path to
follow; who could assist me in putting out fires; and help
me avoid the rocks and pitfalls.
I ask God, when I'm in the forest, to give me the courage
to call upon a member of A.A.


Pot Luck  

         

Keep It Simple

Once it[a spoken word] flies out, you can't catch it. ---Russian proverb

We've said many mean words. Our words often hurt the people we love. We can never really take back the words. But we're learning now to speak with care . We know the words have a lot of power.

What do we say when we're angry? When we want something? When we're trying to be kind? 
Now, think about this: people will remember out words. If we're honest and careful in our speech, people will respect us. But if we say things to force our will, we may be sorry later.
Prayer for the Day:  Higher Power, speak through me today.

Action for the Day:  Today, I'll ask one question of the person I love the most: "How have my words hurt you in the past?" Then I'll talk with my sponsor about this.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS



On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment