Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 04.08.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday  April  8, 2020

From Waynesville, NC


"Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world.
All things break. And all things can be mended.
Not with time, as they say, but with intention.
So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally.
The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you."
~L.R. Knost

"Let your FAITH be bigger than your FEAR."
~Anonymous

"There is a light in this world.
A healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter.
 We sometime lose sight of this force
when there is suffering, and too much pain.
Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge
through the lives of ordinary people
who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways."
~Richard Attenborough

“Whatever happens to me is not nearly so important
as the way I look at the happening
-- the way I feel about it.”
~Grapevine: Columbus, Ohio, August 1982


Big Book Quote

"When we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon the
Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God. Our
ideas did not work. But the God idea did."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, Page 52~






Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day


EARL H.
Studio City, CA
@ Rule 62 Roundup
Erlanger, KY
2001



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

APRIL 2020 Miracles

4/1 Jack D. Hampton, NH)…..51
4/1 Kevin B. (Godshill, UK)…..32
4/1 Cary W. (Palm City, FL)…..13
4/1 Valerie A. (Phoenix, AZ)…..2
4/1 Ron F. (Cincinnati, OH)…..43
4/1 Joyce G. (Haverhill, MA)…..32
4/1 Janie C. (Lynbrook, NY)…..30
4/1 Ray D. (Hot Springs, NC/Exeter, NH)…..34
4/1 Brian N. (Diamondhead, MS)…..7
4/2 Justin L. (Waynesville, NC)…..2
4/2 Julian M. (St. Albans, UK)…..2
4/3 Leigh A. ()…..22
4/4 Tim D. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..9
4/4 Bob C. (Akron, OH)…..18
4/5 Mark S. (Southampton, Hants, UK)…..2
4/5 Tim F. (Hobe Sound, FL)…..31
4/6 Eugene R. (Barcelona, Spain)…..6
4/6 Nick E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..21
4/7 Mark V. (Indian Trail NC)…..5
4/7 Thorson R. (Wellington, FL)…..3
4/7 Madeleine M. (Groveland, MA)......37
4/7 Corry P. (New York)…..2
4/7 Walt C. (College Station, TX)…..6
4/7 Jane T. (Vancouver, BC)…..34
4/8 Paul K. (Akron, OH)…..16
4/8 Ashley G. (Miami, FL)…..8
4/8 Maureen K. (New Providence, NJ)…..10
4/9 Travis C. (Eureka, CA)…..1
4/9 Dayton H. (NYC, NY)…..30
4/9 Keith R. (Ixtlahaucan MX)…..1
4/10 Tony K. (Jacksonville, FL)…..3
4/10 Kevin L. (Cherry Hill, NJ)…..37
4/11 Diane L. (Panama City Beach, FL)…..42
4/11 Diane M. (Waynesville, NC/Jax, FL)…..12
4/11 Jeremy S. (Austin, TX)…..8
4/11 Emily W. (Astoria, NY)…..6
4/11 Jerry W. (Walker, LA)…..47
4/11 Chrissy M. (Succasunna, NJ)…..11
4/12 Kathy McQ. ()…..12
4/12 Lisa S. (Valley Cottage, NY)…..18
4/14 Barbara B. ()…..1
4/14 Sue B. (Waynesville, NC)…..10
4/15 Erin S. (Wayland/Nantucket MA)…..15
4/15 Kelly McG. (Edison, NJ)…..5
4/15 Larry R. (Westchester, NY)…..41
4/16 Angela S. (Dallas, TX)…..1
4/16 Lindsay P. (Minneapolis, MN)…..4
4/17 Jay M. (Cleveland. OH)…..6
4/17 Cecily T. (New York, NY)…..11
4/17 Vicky M. (Waynesville, NC)…..39
4/17 Frank T. (Rocky Point, NY)…..11
4/18 Steve Q. (Kauai, HI)…...12
4/18 Brad G. (St. Louis, MO)…..19
4/19 Joanna J. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..39
4/19 Lynn H. (Springfield, IL)…..38
4/19 Rex R. (Eureka, CA)…..6
4/21 Tom Mc. (Leesburg, FL)…..50
4/21 Elizabeth W. (The Main Line, PA)…..14
4/22 Becky S. (Knoxville, TN)…..10
4/22 Jack C. (Conroe, TX)…..1
4/23 Dorothy V. (Placida, FL)…..16
4/23 Tom K. (Tampa FL/Canton, OH)…..25
4/23 Steve W. (Syracuse, NY/Indialantic, FL)…..15
4/24 Larry C. (Davenport, FL)…..30
4/24 Sam F. (New York City)…..2
4/24 Paul C. ()…..44
4/24 Fran D. (Randolph, NJ)…..45
4/25 Mark S. (Port Crane, NY)…..5
4/25 Rourke H. (St Maarten, Dutch West Indies))…..21
4/26 Grainne F. (Dublin/Chaing Mai, Thailand)…..10
4/27 Norma D. (Haverhill, MA).....9
4/27 Julie T. (Morristown, NJ)…..7
4/27 Kathy C. (Princeton, NJ)…..12
4/27 Maureen (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
4/28 Brian C. (Davenport, FL)…..22
4/28 Laurie M. (new Jersey)…..35
4/28 Bobby S. (South Boston, MA)…..18
4/29 Paul C. ()…..44
4/30 Sandra M. (Airdrie, Scotland)…..31


1468 Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Nine - "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others."

After taking this preliminary trial at making amends, we may enjoy such a sense of relief that we conclude our task is finished. We will want to rest on our laurels. The temptation to skip the more humiliating and dreaded meetings that still remain may be great. We will often manufacture plausible excuses for dodging these issues entirely. Or we may just procrastinate, telling ourselves the time is not yet, when in reality we have already passed up many a fine chance to right a serious wrong. Let's not talk prudence while practicing evasion.

p. 85

Twenty-Four Hours


A.A. Thought For The Day

Second, alcoholics recover their faith in a Power greater
than themselves. They admit that they're helpless by
themselves and they call on that Higher Power for help.
They surrender their lives to God, as they understand Him.
They put their drink problem in God's hands and leave it
there. They recover their faith in a Higher Power that can
help them. Have I recovered my faith?

Meditation For The Day

You must make a stand for God. Believers in God are
considered by some as peculiar people. You must even be
willing to be deemed a fool for the sake of your faith.
You must be ready to stand aside and let the fashions and
customs of the world go by, when God's purposes are thereby
forwarded. Be known by the marks that distinguish a believer
in God. These are honesty, purity, unselfishness, love,
gratitude, and humility.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may be ready to profess my belief in God
before others. I pray that I may not be turned aside by
the skepticism and cynicism of unbelievers.



Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\  ~~~  /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Tolerance

"Honesty with ourselves and others gets us sober, but it is tolerance that keeps us that way. In other words, once an alcoholic fully realizes that he can't get well alone, he will somehow find a way to get well and stay well in the company of others. It has been that way from the beginning of A.A. and probably always will be so."
Bill W., Letter, 1943
As Bill Sees It, p. 312


Thought to Consider . . .

T
ogether we can do what we could never do alone.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

T I M E
Things I Must Earn





Daily Reflection

AN INSIDE LOOK
We want to find exactly how, when, and where our natural
desires have warped us We wish to look squarely at the
unhappiness this has caused others and ourselves By
discovering what our emotional deformities are, we can
move toward their correction.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 43

Today I am no longer a slave to alcohol, yet in so many
ways enslavement still threatens—my self, my desires,
even my dreams. Yet without dreams I cannot exist;
without dreams there is nothing to keep me moving
forward.
I must look inside myself, to free myself. I must call
upon God's power to face the person I've feared the most,
the true me, the person God created me to be. Unless I can
or until I do, I will always be running, and never be truly
free. I ask God daily to show me such a freedom!



Pot Luck  

"The biggest thing I have to do today is not take a drink."

When I was new to recovery, I felt overwhelmed by all the things I felt I needed to do. First there was staying sober and finding a sponsor and trying to figure out the Steps and all that entailed. Then there was the immediate wreckage of my life and the worries I had about my finances, my relationships, and even my health. Next, I would lie in bed at night worrying about the long-term consequences of my years of drinking, and I would replay the regrets and resentments I had. I was an emotional wreck.

As I started opening up to my sponsor about all this, he listened patiently and then gently nudged me back to the present. He always began with the same question: “Are you sober today?” I answered that I was, and then tried to add, “But . . .” He quickly interrupted me and told me that being sober was the most important thing I could do, and once I made sobriety my priority, everything else would, over time, work out. Secretly I didn’t believe him, but I was out of options.

What I came to understand was that all the things I worried about, and all the problems I had, were mostly the result of my alcoholism. I caused most of the pain and suffering in my life by being selfish and self-centered, and by my grandiose thinking. The solution, I found, started when I quit drinking and started working the Steps. Day by day, my life did improve, and I finally understood what people meant when they said that if I put my head down on my pillow at night and was sober, then regardless of whatever else was happening, I was a winner. Today, I know that the biggest thing I have to do is not take a drink.



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


List of Virtual Meetings & Speaker Archives

On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment