Thursday, January 9, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 01.10.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Friday  January  10, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear,
but the triumph over it ."
~Nelson Mandela

"Each group, as well as each individual,
is a special entity, not quite like any other ...
each group does have its own special atmosphere,
its own peculiar state of development."
~Grapevine: AA Co-Founder, Bill W., January 1948

There is in each of us a God-shaped vacuum
that only God can fill.
~Blaise Pascal


"Gossip is a sort of smoke
that comes from the dirty tobacco-pipes of those who diffuse it;
it proves nothing but the bad taste of the smoker."
~George Eliot

Do not overrate what you have received,
nor envy others.
He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
--Buddha


Big Book Quote


"Most of us feel we need look no further for Utopia.
We have it with us right here and now."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, pg. 16~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

TAMMY F.
Montgomery, AL
Space Coast Roundup
Melbourne, FL
2003



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

January 2020 Miracles

1/1 Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..36
1/1 Severine W. (Sacramento, CA)…..3
1/1 Elena C. (NYC, NY)…..4
1/1 Nancy W. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..32
1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
1/1 Jessica C. (NYC, NY)…..6
1/1 Deirdre K. (Madison, NJ)…..15
1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..15
1/1 Ray A. (Surrey, BC, Canada)…..2
1/1 Lauren B. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..2
1/2 Joe B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..6
1/2 Robbie H. (White Rock, BC)…..7
1/2 Brian C. (Port Washington, NY)…..4
1/2 Mercedes G. (Tampa. FL)…..1
1/2 Joe D. (NYC,NY)…..1
1/2 Gregory B. (New York, NY)…..8
1/3 Billy M. (Louisville, KY)…..41
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..42
1/4 Nicola H. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..1
1/4 Kevin J. (RI)…..29
1/5 Donna M. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..46
1/5 Paola V. (London, UK)….14
1/5 Gwen F. (Key West, FL)…..12
1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX)…..8
1/6 Mike S. (Jacksonville, FL)…..14
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..14
1/6 David M. (Las Vegas, NV)…..24
1/6 Ann OK-B (Stuart FL/Greenwich, CT)…..41
1/6 George R. (Stratham, NH)…..8
1/6 Karen F. (Clinton, NJ)…..2
1/7 Alexis E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..18
1/7 Ray W. (Long Island)…..8
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..22
1/7 Luke T. (Nantucket, MA)…..1
1/7 Liz O. (New York, NY)…..16
1/8 Alan J. (Stone Ridge, NY)…..12
1/8 Lou S. Sarasota, FL)…..7
1/9 Tefft W. (Washington, DC)…..35
1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY)…..20
1/10 Paula B. (Charleston, SC)…..37
1/10 Janice E. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..20
1/12 Padraic O. (Whistler, BC, Canada)…..7
1/12 David F. (Windermere, BC, CA)…..7
1/12 Shabab N. (Bethesda, MD)…..17
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..7
1/13 Robbie H. (FL/VA)…..38
1/13 Ken R. (Norfolk, MA)…..17
1/13 John E. (Reading, UK)….5
1/13 Brian G. (Ridgewood, NJ)…..30
1/13 Rick H. (Vero Beach, FL)…..2
1/13 Dennis B. (Northport, FL)…..31
1/14 Maria H. (New York, NY)…..26
1/14 Dot C. (Acton, MA)…..7
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC/Denver.CO)…..26
1/15 Bob W. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..37
1/15 Sue J. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
1/15 Mike R. (Englewood, NJ)…..29
1/15 Steve D. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..8
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..15
1/17 Helen C. (Folkestone, UK)…..48
1/17 Scott M. (New York, NY)…..6
1/19 Rob W. (St Mary’s . GA) …..3
1/19 Rhonda L. (Stuart, FL)…..18
1/19 Carol L. (Aspen, CO)…..29
1/19 Alan S. (Hiawassee. GA)…..7
1/20 Paul M. (Shediac, NB, Canada)…..39
1/20 Peter G. (Scoudouc, NB, Canada)…..39
1/21 Levi S. (London, UK)…..5
1/21 Shane S. (Methuen, MA)…..1
1/21 Heather N. (Wylie,TX)…..23
1/21 Brian Mc. (Mahwah, NJ)…..36
1/22 Stacey C. (Austin, TX)…..13
1/22 Keith B. (Stuart, FL)…..22
1/22 Paul S. (Exeter, NH)…..2
1/23 Mike C. (Solon, OH)…..5
1/23 Susie S. (Legarto, TX)…..25
1/24 Paul B. (Newburyport, MA)…..34
1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY)…..
1/25 PJ C. (Bel Air, 28MD)…..5
1/25 Steve L. (Palm Coast, FL)…..2
1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT)…..5
1/28 Karen Ann B. (Stuart, FL)…..1
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..44
1/30 Keith C. (Denham Springs, LA)…..11
1/31 Bob P. (Jacksonville, NC)…..36
1/31 Diane B. (Cape Cod, MA)…..27

1390  Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

Since Step Four is but the beginning of a lifetime practice, it can be suggested that he first have a look at those personal flaws which are acutely troublesome and fairly obvious. Using his best judgment of what has been right and what has been wrong, he might make a rough survey of his conduct with respect to his primary instincts for sex, security, and society. Looking back over his life, he can readily get under way by consideration of questions such as these:
When, and how, and in just what instances did my selfish pursuit of the sex relation damage other people and me? What people were hurt, and how badly? Did I spoil my marriage and injure my children? Did I jeopardize my standing in the community? Just how did I react to these situations at the time? Did I burn with a guilt that nothing could extinguish? Or did I insist that I was the pursued and not the pursuer, and thus absolve myself? How have I reacted to frustration in sexual matters? When denied, did I become vengeful or depressed? Did I take it out on other people? If there was rejection or coldness at home, did I use this as a reason for promiscuity?

pp. 50-51




Twenty-Four Hours


A.A. Thought For The Day

When we were drinking most of us were full of pride and selfishness.
We believed we could handle our own affairs, even though we were
making a mess of our lives. We were very stubborn and didn't like to
take advice. We resented being told what to do. To us, humility looked
like weakness. But when we came into A.A., we began to be humble.
And we found out that humility gave us the power we needed to
overcome drinking. Have I learned that there is power in humility?

Meditation For The Day

I will come to God in faith and He will give me a new way of life. This
new way of life will alter my whole existence, the words I speak, the
influence I have. They will spring from the life within me. I see how
important is the work of a person who has this new way of life. The
words and the example of such a person can have a whole influence for
good in the world.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may learn the principles of the good life. I pray that I may
meditate upon them and work at them, because they are eternal.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(     \(AA)/     )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
  
^*^*^*^*^
Letting Go

Letting go of everything at once was both painful and terrifying. I could never have accomplished this alone. It took the help, understanding and wonderful companionship that was given so freely to me by my ex-alkie friends. This and the program of recovery embodied in the Twelve Steps. In learning to practice these steps in my daily living, I began to acquire faith and a philosophy to live by. Whole new vistas were opened up for me, new avenues of experience to be explored, and life began to take on color and interest. 
c. 2001 AAWS, Big Book, p. 275

Thought to Consider . . .

T
he peaks and valleys of my life have become gentle rolling hills.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

F E A R
Few Ever Arrive Rejoicing









Daily Reflection

UNITED WE STAND
We learned that we had to fully concede to our innermost
selves that we were alcoholics. This is the first step in
recovery. The delusion that we are like other people, or
presently may be, has to be smashed.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 30

I came to Alcoholics Anonymous because I was no longer
able to control my drinking. It was either my wife's
complaining about my drinking, or maybe the sheriff forced
me to go to A.A. meetings, or perhaps I knew, deep down
inside, that I couldn't drink like others, but I was unwilling
to admit it because the alternative terrified me. Alcoholics
Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women united
against a common, fatal disease. Each one of our lives is
linked to every other, much like the survivors on a life raft
at sea. If we all work together, we can get safely to shore.



Pot Luck   


Finding Ourselves

              During my first months of recovery I couldn't stop saying, “That's me.”

              Yes I would think, at almost every disclosure about themselves that people at meetings made. “I understand why you did that,” I tell them afterward. “That's the same kind a lot so thing used to do”.

              During those disclosures I felt like an orphan who has found his family of origin, or like the hero of the song “Country Roads” who comes home to a place he’s never been before. I also felt a little like an adventurer who stumbles on a magic realm, Shangri-La, or an ancient city of the Incas. I can't feeling I found a treasure. These people were just like me.

              Sure I had hard days once in a while. I get angry with the traffic, angry with my boss, angry with the family. But always at the center my being is the knowledge that I can go away and get calm. I can go away and get calm at a meeting. A good quiet time is one where I allow myself really to get down into my meditation, Down out of the wanna that distinguish my life, Down into the universals that unite all our lives. Bad quiet times, by contrast, are those what I just go through the paces, read-my-reading-say-my-prayers-and-think-okay-that’s-done.)

              Finding the people who are just like me at meetings is enabling me to find the spirituality at the center of my being, this spiritual creature is, I think, the real me. This spiritual creature can do many things that the old material being could not do. He can stay late at work without feeling resentful. He can give up the shortcut home in favor of just driving along. He can say okay when the family proposes doing something at night he had not planned on doing. He does not have to go to a special place to feel it is being fully himself. He five cities fully himself when he says yes. When he goes along with the spirit of things instead of trying to fit the spirit of things into his own self-conditioned ruts.

              So what am I saying? That I am most me when I am least concerned with what I want (or what I think I want.) That I am happiest when I seized the inspiration of the moment. That I am closest to my fellows, and my God, when I let go.

              Walk softly and carry a big stick? Not this guy. I walk softly and carry no stick it all.              

“Finding Ourselves” . Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men









Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment