Sunday, September 22, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 09.23.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Monday  September  23, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


The Other Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to stop beating myself up for not doing things perfectly, the courage to forgive myself because I'm working on doing better,
and the wisdom to know that You already love me just the way I am.
~Unknown

A truly happy person is one
who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
~Anonymous

"Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
~Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
~Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
~Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
~Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
~Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
~Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do."
~Cicero

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. 
For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness
is determined not by our circumstances
but by our disposition.
~Martha Washington

Big Book Quote

"Neither could we reduce our self-centeredness much by wishing or trying on our own power. We had to have God's help."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 62



Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BOB B.
St Paul, MN
@Atlanta, GA
2004



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

September 2019 Miracles

9/1 Julia C. (Dorset, UK)…..17
9/1 Billy K. (Cutchogue, NY)…..19
9/1 George M. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..35
9/1 Richie S. (Plainview, NY)…..28
9/1 Craig G. ()…..26
9/2 Jim H. (Isle of Lewis, UK)…..7
9/3 Edward H. (Andover, MA)…..36
9/4 LeeAnn N. (New York, NY)…..7
9/4 David F. (New York, NY)…..6
9/5 Chris L. (Bristol, RI)…..31
9/5 James l. ()…..27
9/6 Lisa L. (Stuart, FL)…..10
9/7 Christine L. (Exeter, NH)…..32
9/7 George D. (Port Salerno, FL)…..35
9/7 Robert M. (Guam)…..31
9/7 April/Ginger C. (Hillsdale, NJ) 7 years.
9/8 Javier M. (London, UK)…..2
9/9 Julie K. (Portsmouth, OH)…..18
9/9 Kris K. (New York, NY)…..34
9/10 Kevin D. (Nantucket, MA)…..30
9/10 Sue B. (Haiku, H8I)…..
9/10 Brian O. (Cushendall, Ireland)…..30
9/11 Steve F. (Nyack, NY)…..36
9/11 Deck H. (Oldwick, NJ)…..33
9/12 Sherri C. (Starke, FL)…..1
9/12 Phil C. (Austin, TX)…..9
9/12 Joe C. (Palm Coast/Waynesville)…..29
9/13 Lisa N. (Paramus, NJ)…..8
9/14 Teresa T. (Orlando, FL)…..2
9/14 Linda B. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..5
9/15 Hillary A. (New York, NY)…..2
9/15 Alicia S. (Albany, NY)…..2
9/15 Stanley R. (Grand Rapids, MN)…..40
9/15 Sue B. (Montpelier, VT/Gulfport, FL)…..6
9/16 Heidi L. (Waynesville, NC)…..13
9/17 Leslie N. (Cassilis, NB, Canada)…..21
9/17 Maureen B. (Plymouth, MA)…..44
9/17 Jim W. (Methuen, MA)…..42
9/18  Jim H. (Houston, TX)…..9
9/18 George P. (London, England)…..34
9/19 John A. (Gainseville, GA)…..8
9/19 Diana D. (Newport, RI)…..25
9/19 Elaina C. (NYC, NY)…..8
9/20 Donald P. (Rockland, ME)…..24
9/20 Paul T. (Hobe Sound, FL)…..8
9/20 Dawn D. (New York, NY)…..10
9/20 Linda K. (Toronto/Port Charlotte, FL)…..7
9/21 Lisa O. (Roundhill, VA)…..5
9/21 Paul W. (Byfield, MA)…..26
9/21 Beth G. (Los Angeles, CA)…..40
9/21 John P. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..4
9/22 Peter H. (Nantucket, MA)…..20
9/23 David A. (New York City, NY)…..18
9/23 Rick B. (Stowe, VT)…..27
9/23 Bill G. (Marblehead, MA)…..34
9/24 Larry C. (Davenport, FL)…..29
9/24 Adam T. (Hastings-on-Hudson, NY)…..34
9/24 Katie S. (New Vernon, NJ)…..19
9/24 Tim B. (Raleigh, NC)…..14
9/25 Cate M. (Weaverville, NC)…..37
9/25 Mary D. (New Rochelle, NY)…..2
9/26 Ari B. (New York, NY)…..1
9/27 Sheila C. (Falmouth, MA)…..5
9/27 Sarah M. D. (NJ)…..2
9/28 Paul W. (Springfield, NJ)…..30
9/28 Scott B. (Epping, NH)…..23
9/28 June T. (Palm Desert, CA/Nantucket,MA)…..13
9/29 Judy F. (Nantucket/ Marathon, FL)…..27
9/29 Joan F. (Westhampton, NY/PBG, FL)…..9
9/30 Shannon L. (Garfield, NJ)…..2
9/30 Sheree H. (Bellevue, WA)…..5
9/30 Dominick N. (NY)…..37

1321 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Nine - "A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve."

A.A. has to function, but at the same time it must avoid those dangers of great wealth, prestige, and entrenched power which necessarily tempt other societies. Though Tradition Nine at first sight seems to deal with a purely practical matter, in its actual operation it discloses a society without organization, animated only by the spirit of service--a true fellowship.

p. 175

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Step Twelve is, "Having had a spiritual awakening as
the result of these steps, we tried to carry this
message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles
in all our affairs." Note that the basis of our
effectiveness in carrying the message to others is the
reality of our own spiritual awakening. If we have not
changed, we cannot be used to change others. To keep
this program, we must pass it on to others. We cannot
keep it for ourselves. We may lose it unless we give it
away. It cannot flow into us and stop; it must continue
to flow into us as it flows out to others.

Meditation For The Day

"Draw nigh unto God and He will draw nigh unto you."
When you are faced with a problem beyond your strength,
you must turn to God by an act of faith. It is that turning
to God in each trying situation that you must cultivate.
The turning may be one of glad thankfulness for God's grace
in you life. Or your appeal to God may be a prayerful
claiming of His strength to face a situation and finding
that you have it when the time comes. Not only the power to
face trials, but also the comfort and joy of God's nearness
and companionship are yours for the asking.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may try to draw near to God each day in prayer.
I pray that I may feel His nearness and His strength in my life.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Sobriety

"God willing, we members of A.A. may never again have to deal with drinking, but we have to deal with sobriety every day. How do we do it? By learning - through practicing the Twelve Steps and through sharing at meetings - how to cope with the problems that we looked to booze to solve, back in our drinking days."
1976 AAWS Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 560

Thought to Consider . . .

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one that I can, and the wisdom to know that person is me."
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B E S T
Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?



Daily Reflection

"I WAS AN EXCEPTION"
He [Bill W.] said to me, gently and simply, "Do you think
that you are one of us?"
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 413

During my drinking life I was convinced I was an
exception. I thought I was beyond petty requirements and
had the right to be excused. I never realized that the dark
counterbalance of my attitude was the constant feeling that
I did not "belong." At first, in A.A., I identified with others
only as an alcoholic. What a wonderful awakening for me
it has been to realize that, if human beings were doing the
best they could, then so was I! All of the pains, confusions
and joys they feel are not exceptional, but part of my life,
just as much as anybody's.


Pot Luck

"You’re exactly where you’re supposed to be."

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been unhappy where I was and wished I was somewhere else. In school I always wanted to be in the next grade; at work I wanted a more senior position making more money; when I bought my first home, I quickly wanted one with a pool. When I entered recovery, I brought this same impatience and discontent into the rooms with me.

I remember complaining to my sponsor after a few months that things hadn’t gotten better, and that I even felt worse. He listened patiently and then said, “You’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.” This didn’t make any sense to me, and as my life continued to unravel and as I grew more frustrated, irritated, and angry, I kept complaining. His answer remained the same, and it took years before I finally understood what he meant.

One of the most important things I’ve learned in recovery is that accepting where I am physically, emotionally, and spiritually is the necessary key to changing it. Once I stop resenting how things are or wishing they were different, I can begin working with God to make them better. But it all begins with acceptance of where I am right now. Today, I know that I’m exactly where I should be, and because of this, I know how to make it better.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment