Saturday, August 17, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 08.18.19





Your Daily Reprieve for Sunday  August 18, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


"What has happened in the past is just that -- the past!
What I should have done about certain issues no longer matters.
What I do now is of greatest concern."
~Grapevine: Williamsville, June 2010

“Surround yourself with people who make you happy.
People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need.
People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life.
Everyone else is just passing through."
~Karl Marx

What stands in the way becomes the way.
~Marcus Aurelius

"Having a specific meaning and purpose in your life
helps to encourage you to towards living
a fulfilling and inspired life."
~Vic Johnson

  

Big Book Quote

"Liquor ceased to be a luxury; it became a necessity."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, pg. 5~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BOB B.
Spiritual Experience
Chapters to Recovery




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

AAugust 2019 Miracles

8/1 Bill H. (Wells, ME/Melbourne Beach, FL)…..10
8/2 Gary K. (Kelowna, BC)…..50
8/2 Melissa S. (Center Moriches, NY)…..4
8/3 Rosemary B. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..26
8/3 Dan S. (Glen Rock, NJ )…..4
8/4 Dan M. (Nantucket, MA)…..17
8/4 Bethany C. (Jacksonville, FL)…..1
8/4 Bob M. (NY,NY)…..31
8/5 Jonathan P. ()…..7
8/5 Mary OO (Mountain Brook, AL)…..39
8/6 Jason J. (Maggie Valley, NC)…..7
8/6 Cathy W. (Champaign, IL)…..37
8/7 Scott B. (San Diego, CA)…..8
8/8 Chris G. (Palm City, FL)…..15
8/8 Chuck H. (Portsmouth, RI)…..1
8/8 Louise M. (Danville, VA)…..10
8/8 Leslie N. (Tinton Falls, NJ)…..31
8/8 David T. (Newmarket, NH)…..37
8/10 Tracey D. (New York, NY)…..15
8/10 Doug W. (Houston, TX)…..8
8/11 Page H. (Amelia Island, FL)…..43
8/11 Bert R. (Nantucket, MA)…..22
8/11 Caroline O. (Leicestershire, UK)…..10
8/12 Chip D. (Nantucket, MA)…..14
8/12 John K. (Jacksonville, FL)…..21
8/12 Sally L. (Methuen, MA)…..7
8/12 Carolyn K. (Wrentham, MA)…..14
8/13 Matt K. (Westboro, MA)…..30
8/13 Gerry S. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
8/13 Tom O’C. (Miami Beach, FL)…..34
8/14 Dottie Lou W. (St Simons Island, GA)…..34
8/14 Bob M. (Waynesville, NC)…..1
8/14 Spence B. (Gambier, OH)…..25
8/14 Mary H. (NYC, NY)…..30
8/15 Mark C. ()…..28
8/15 Clif G. (Oklahoma City, OK)…..18
8/15 Steve B. ()…..5
8/15 Siobhan M. (NYC, NY)…..20
8/15 Bill L. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..15
8/15 Michael C. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
8/16 Madeline V. (Bozeman, MT)…...32
8/16 Charlotte C. (New York, NY)…..10
8/16 Shawn R. (Toronto)…..4
8/16 Tracy N. (Stuart, FL)…..13
8/17 Charlie K. (Bay Village, OH)…..21
8/18 Carolyn D. (Palm City, FL)…..6
8/18 Chris A. (Montreal, Quebec)…..20
8/18 Steve C. (Jacksonville, FL)…..1
8/19 Carol B. (Nantucket, MA)…..11
8/20 Larry B. (Kansas City, KS)…..18
8/20 Yog F. (Lake City, CO)…..36
8/21 Cheryl L. (Leucadia, CA)…..7
8/21 Tony L. ()…..4
8/23 John B. (Northport, FL)…..27
8/24 Claire S. (Garnersville, NY)…..32
8/24 Tommy H. (Charlestown, MA)…..35
8/24 Mike R. (RI)…..3
8/27 Greg R. (NYC, NY)…..12
8/27 Stuart W. (Old Tappan, NJ)…..18
8/28 GregH. (Morristown, NJ)…..1
8/29 Lynn H. (San Diego, CA)…..5
8/30 Chris B. (Sandwich, NH)…..27
8/30 Jeff G. (Warren, NJ)…..6

1073 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Six - "An A.A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the A.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose."

The minute we saw this compromising fact for what it was, we asked the prospective publicity director how he felt about it. "Great guns!" he said. "Of course I can't take the job. The ink wouldn't be dry on the first ad before an awful shriek would go up from the dry camp. They'd be out with lanterns looking for an honest A.A. to plump for their brand of education. A.A. would land exactly in the middle of the wet-dry controversy. Half the people in this country would think we'd signed up with the drys, the other half would think we'd joined the wets. What a mess!"
"Nevertheless," we pointed out, "you still have a legal right to take this job."
"I know that," he said. "But this is no time for legalities. Alcoholics Anonymous saved my life, and it comes first. I certainly won't be the guy to land A.A. in big-time trouble, and this would really do it!"
Concerning endorsements, our friend had said it all. We saw as never before that we could not lend the A.A. name to any cause other than our own.

pp. 158-159

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

"We of agnostic temperament have found that as soon as we were
able to lay aside prejudice and express a willingness to believe in a
Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even
though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or
comprehend that Power, which we call God. As soon as you can
say that you do believe or are willing to believe, you are on your
way. Upon this simple cornerstone a wonderfully effective
spiritual structure can be built." Am I willing to depend on a Power
that I cannot fully define or comprehend?

Meditation For The Day

We seek God's presence and "they who seek shall find." It is not
a question of searching so much as an inner consciousness of the
Divine spirit in your heart. To realize God's presence you must
surrender to His will in the small as well as in the big things of life.
This makes God's guidance possible. Some things separate you
from God--a false word, a fear-inspired failure, a harsh criticism, a
stubborn resentment. These are the things that put a distance
between your mind and God. A word of love, a selfless
reconciliation, a kind act of helpfulness--these bring God closer.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may think and say and do the things that bring God
closer to me. I pray that I may find Him in sincere prayer, a kind
word, or an unselfish deed.


Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Wonders

"Out of every season of grief or suffering, when the hand of God seemed heavy or even unjust, new lessons for living were learned, new resources of courage were uncovered, and that finally, inescapably, the conviction came that God does 'move in a mysterious way His wonders to perform.'"
1953 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105


Thought to Consider . . .

J
oy is the infallible presence of God.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H O P E
Hang On! Peace Exists . . . 




Daily Reflection

GETTING WELL
Very deep, sometimes quite forgotten, damaging emotional
conflicts persist below the level of consciousness.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 79-80

Only through positive action can I remove the remains of
guilt and shame brought on by alcohol. Throughout my
misadventures when I drank, my friends would say, "Why
are you doing this? You're only hurting yourself." Little did
I know how true were those words. Although I harmed
others, some of my behavior caused grave wounds to my
soul. Step Eight provides me with a way of forgiving myself.
I alleviate much of the hidden damage when I make
my list of those I have hurt. In making amends, I free
myself of burdens, thus contributing to my healing.



Pot Luck

"The answer is not in the problem; the answer is in the solution."

Before recovery, I lived in the problem. If things weren’t going right, or if something went wrong, that’s all I thought about. I would dwell on it, talk to my friends about it, and think about all the ways it could get worse. It was as if I was addicted to the dark outcomes of my problems. Soon I couldn’t see—and didn’t even want—a way out.

Once I began working the Steps and seeking outside help, I became aware of my negative thinking and I learned the way out. My therapist taught me that I couldn’t solve my problems using the same mind that created them. She told me that I had to source deeper and turn to my Higher Power. And sure enough, as soon as I stopped thinking about the problem and started thinking about God, the solutions began to appear.

Today, I live in the solution much more than in the problem. Even though I can occasionally still go to the dark side, my program, my sponsor, and my friends in the fellowship are all focused on finding solutions. When I turn to them, they are quick to help me find the answers I need. I am also quick to rely on my Higher Power, asking many times each day for inspiration and a new perspective. Today, I know the answer is not in the problem; the answer is in the solution.






Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
My Best Friend, FEAR!
Georgia Hughes


Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment