October 3, 2026

Waynesville, NC


Thoughts to Start Your Day

_________________________


Only those who attempt the absurd

will achieve the impossible.  


-Albert Einstein

______________________________________


The greatest help that can be given to anyone

is to take them beyond the need for further help.


~ Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj


 ______________________________________


 

"There are two primary choices in life;

to accept conditions as they exist,

or accept the responsibility for changing them."


~Denis Waitley

_____________________________________


AA has given me the tools

to learn to live in the 3rd dimensional world

with 4th dimensional awareness.


~Mildred F

_____________________________________




If You'd Like To Sign Up

ADD A Friend , A Sponsee, A Sponsor or a Newcomer

To Your Daily Reprieve Email List Use This Link

https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/bJDtvfe


Untitled_Landing_Page_created_at_Tue_Sep_22_190242_EDT_2026


BIG BOOK QUOTE


October 3


ME AN ALCOHOLIC?


– Alcohol’s wringer squeezed this author– but he escaped quite whole.


I had to admit that he was right. Only through being beaten down by my own misery would I ever have accepted the term “alcoholic” as applied to myself. Now, however, I accepted it fully. I knew from my general reading that alcoholism was irreversible and fatal. And I knew that somewhere along the line I’d lost the power to stop drinking. “Well, Doc,” I said, “what are we going to do?”


pp. 385-386


__________________________________________________________


12-Steps & 12-Traditions


October 3

Tradition One – “Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon A.A. Unity.”

So at the outset, how best to live and work together as groups became the prime question. In the world about us we saw personalities destroying whole peoples. The struggle for wealth, power, and prestige was tearing humanity apart as never before. If strong people were stalemated in the search for peace and harmony, what was to become of our erratic band of alcoholics? As we had once struggled and prayed for individual recovery, just so earnestly did we commence to quest for the principles through which A.A. itself might survive. on anvils of experience, the structure of our Society was hammered out.


pp. 130-131




DAILY SHARE

__________________________________


AA Speaker of the Day


Curtis J.

Taylorsville, KY

Serenity Improvement Group

June 3, 2023

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mi-J9027B9bszfq4Y94YqzgXnTJIlPoU/view?usp=sharing

__________________________________



ZOOM

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….

Topic: Pot Luck…9AM EST

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394


Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

Send your sober date and location to :

sober@yourdailyreprieve.com


I always thought that posting our locations with our anniversaries was a great way to show newcomers that AA is all over the world. We don't celebrate for our own benefit.


We celebrate anniversaries to show the program works.

If we add our locations we get to show that AA works EVERYWHERE!

-- Tom


In the meantime if you have an anniversary this month but are not seeing your name here please email me with your Name, Sobriety Date (09/01/2020), and your Location (City/State - City/Country) so that I can update the list and your profile.


I put directions to update your own profile. We plan to use the contact infomation used for regisrtation to compile the birthdays from now on.



OCTTOBER 2026 MIRACLES




 Drop a Buck in the Basket?


PayPal PayPal.com/paypalme/donationforYDR

or

Venmo @yourdailyreprieve



The cost to mail Your Daily Reprieve

just went up to $200 a month!!


Thank you everyone for your generous contributions.


As Bill Sees It


October 3


Going It Alone, p. 274


Going it alone in spiritual matters is dangerous. How many times have we heard well-intentioned people claim the guidance of God when it was plain that they were mistaken? Lacking both practice and humility, they deluded themselves and were so able to justify the most arrant nonsense on the ground that this was what God had told them.


People of very high spiritual development almost always insist on checking with friends or spiritual advisers the guidance they feel they have received from God. Surely, then, a novice ought not lay himself open to the chance of making foolish, perhaps tragic, blunders. While the comment or advice of others may not be infallible, it is likely to be far more specific than any direct guidance we may receive while we are still inexperienced in establishing contact with a Power greater than ourselves.


12 & 12, p. 60



TWENTY-FOUR HOURS


October 3


A.A. Thought For The Day

How do I talk with new prospects? Am I always trying to dominate the conversation? Do I lay down the law and tell prospects what they will have to do? Do I judge them privately and feel that they have small chance of making the program? Do I belittle them to myself? Or am I willing to bare my soul so as to get them talking about themselves? And, then, am I willing to be a good listener, not interrupting, but hearing them out to the end? Do I feel deeply that they are my brothers or my sisters? Will I do all I can to help them along the path to sobriety?


Meditation For The Day

“The work of righteousness shall be peace and the effect of righteousness shall be quietness and assurance forever.” Only when the soul attains this calm, can there be true spiritual work done, and mind and soul and body be strong to conquer and bear all things. Peace is the result of righteousness. There is no peace in wrong doing, but if we live the way God wants us to live, quietness and assurance follow. Assurance is that calmness born of a deep certainty of God’s strength available to us and in His power to love and guard us from all harm and wrong doing.


Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may attain a state of true calmness. I pray that I may live in quietness and peace.



A Day At A Time


October 3


Reflection For The Day

I’ve learned in The Program that I’m wholly powerless over my addiction. At long last, I’ve conceded my powerlessness; as a result, my life has taken a 180-degree turn for the better. However, I do have a power, derived from God, to change my own life. I’ve learned that acceptance does not mean submission to an unpleasant or degrading situation. It means accepting the reality of the situation and then deciding what, if anything, I can and will do about it.  Have I stopped trying to control the uncontrollable? Am I gaining the courage to change the things I can?


Today I Pray

I ask my Higher Power for direction as I learn to sort out the things I can change from the things I can’t, for that sorting process does, indeed, require God-given wisdom. May “the things I cannot change” not give me and excuse for inaction. May “the things I can” not include managing other people’s lives. May I start to understand my own reality.


Today I Will Remember

Acceptance is not inaction. Change is not domination.



DAILY THOUGHTS

___________________________________________________________

^*^*^*^*^

(\~AA~/)

(  \(AA)/  )

(_ /AA\ _)

/AA\

^*^*^*^*^


Trouble


"There was a time when we ignored trouble, hoping it would go away. Or, in fear and in depression, we ran from it, but found it was still with us. Often, full of unreason, bitterness, and blame, we fought back. These mistaken attitudes, powered by alcohol, guaranteed our destruction, unless they were altered. Then came A.A. Here we learned that trouble was really a fact of life for everybody - a fact that had to be understood and dealt with. Surprisingly, we found that our troubles could, under God's grace, be converted into unimagined blessings."


Bill W., Letter, 1966

c. 1967 AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 110



Thought to Consider . . . 


Through adversity, we find strength.


*~*AACRONYMS*~*


F A I T H

Facing All In Trusting Him


___________________________________________________________



DAILY REFLECTION


October 3

SERENITY AFTER THE STORM

Someone who knew what he was talking about once remarked that pain was the touchstone of all spiritual progress. How heartily we A.A.’s can agree with him.
-TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p p. 93-94

When on the roller coaster of emotional turmoil, I remember that growth is often painful. My evolution in the A.A. program has taught me that I must experience the inner change, however painful, that eventually guides me from selfishness to selflessness. If I am to have serenity, I must STEP my way past emotional turmoil and its subsequent hangover, and be grateful for continuing spiritual progress.




POT LUCK


Daily TAO


October 3


MOON


Silver disk: Let me call you goddess –

You, with your mirrored face.

Tonight, of all nights, your shape is perfect,

Your presence sublime.

You know it too. You appear before the sun has even set,

Glorious without your cloak of night,

Gazing down in supreme splendor,

To make this dusty world pastoral.


Tonight is the harvest moon. The queen of night is at her most perfect roundness, closer to us than at any other time of the year. She glows silver in an indigo sky.


People celebrate this night for many reasons. For some, it is the time to enjoy the view of the moon, and they toast it with sweets, wine, and tea. For others, it is a time of relaxation and thanksgiving for the harvest.


The Moon Festival is a woman’s festival, their time to worship. The harvest moon symbolizes the ascendancy of cool darkness over the bright heat of summer. This reminds us of equality in the cosmos : light and dark, male and female, heat and frost, hard and soft — all these things are part of an overall equilibrium.


If you are a woman, then tonight is your night for worship and celebration. If you are a man, then it is a night to step aside and give your wives, mothers, and sisters their privacy. But for all, we can be thankful for the riches of autumn and begin our preparations for the coming frost.



Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for our Friend Tom Murphy on what would have been his 77th Birthday


If you are not aware as yet, we have sad news that Tom Murphy, our dear friend, was lost to us on the 7th of August, 2026. Tom was the creator of "Your Daily Reprieve".


We are linking Tom's Obituary here for all of you to read. There was a Celebration of Life, on what would have been his 77th birthday on September 26th, 2026.



Here is a link to the zoom recording, for those that would like hear or see the event.


Audio Only


Video


(Please go to 1:31:40 for the Sharing on either of these until we can edit them)




Excellent Resource

Blogs, Audio and Video Articles

(Note: I have not as yet verified the below links)

https://takethe12.org/

 

***************************

 

"AA Recovery Interviews" Podcast

https://aarecoveryinterviews.com

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/


 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 


***************************

 

AA Membership Survey 2022

Alcoholics Anonymous 2022 Membership Survey | Alcoholics Anonymous

 

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 ***************************

 

DR. PAUL O.

There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking

(Audio Book)

Introduction

http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I

http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II

http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III

http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV

http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8




** AA CDs Literature and tapes**

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

  ***************************


**ZOOM MEETINGS**

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

***************************

 

**ARCHIVES**



AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE



A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

BIG BOOK for DUMMIES

Big Book for Dummies - YouTube

 

https://bit.ly/4xHU0QA



*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.




 RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK

Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)

Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt



***************************


**MEDITATIONS**


Loving Kindness Meditations

 With Music

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****


Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

MOOJI GUIDED Meditation

http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v

 

***************************

 

**PODCASTS**


https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast



***************************

  

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 


*************************** 


Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst


 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

Miscellaneous Sources


Note from the Editor


Thanks for all the reply emails. Due to my schedule I am sadly lacking time to respond to each one. I would still love to hear from all of you and to get your Sobriety Anniversary and if possible your City/State/Country so that I can be sure to add you to the Birthday's List each month. I will do my best to find times on the weekend to review and respond to as many as possible.


Also, I respect that some of you may not see a value in the 'Your Daily Reprieve' email since our friend Tom passes on to the BIG MEETING, so I encourage you to let me know how you feel I might be able to better reach you with the daily email.


Update 2: Responding to a few comments, I have done by best to reduce the lengthliness of the email, by returning to the original format Tom had been using last year. I do hope that this will be a good change for everyone.


SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
FacebookShare This Email
TwitterShare This Email
LinkedInShare This Email

If you would like to modify/update your contact profile, please click on the below "Update Profile" Hyperlink. There are some new fields in your contact profile for Sobriety Date, Homegroup, and Meeting Day(s)/Time(s).



If we can get all the Sobriety Dates and City/State or City/Country information put into the system, it will make compiling the Anniversary (Birthday) list much easier.

Your Daily Reprieve | 1427 County Rd GG | New Richmond, WI 54017 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 01.19.26