September 28, 2026

Waynesville, NC


Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for our Friend Tom Murphy on what would have been his 77th Birthday


If you are not aware as yet, we have sad news that Tom Murphy, our dear friend, was lost to us on the 7th of August, 2026. Tom was the creator of "Your Daily Reprieve".


We are linking Tom's Obituary here for all of you to read. There was a Celebration of Life, on what would have been his 77th birthday on September 26th, 2026.



Here is a link to the zoom recording, for those that would like hear or see the event.


Audio Only


Video


(Please go to 1:31:40 for the Sharing on either of these until we can edit them)


Thoughts to Start Your Day


______________________________________



Discipline is the duty and the hope of all who would enjoy the benefits of society and of instruction.


John H. A. Bomberger

______________________________________


If we do not discipline ourselves the world will do it for us. Control from without flourishes when discipline from within grows weak.


William Feather


______________________________________



Discipline is important simply because we live in an organized society where, if you have not learned life's requirements at early age, you will be taught later, not by those whose love tempers the lesson but by strangers who could not care less about the harm they do to your personality.


William E. Homan


______________________________________




If You'd Like To Sign Up

ADD A Friend , A Sponsee, A Sponsor or a Newcomer

To Your Daily Reprieve Email List Use This Link

https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/bJDtvfe


Untitled_Landing_Page_created_at_Tue_Sep_22_190242_EDT_2026


BIG BOOK QUOTE


September 28


He Sold Himself Short


The next day I went back to Chicago and started a vigorous campaign among my so-called friends or drinking companions. Their answer was always the same: If they needed it at any time , they would surely get in touch with me. I went to a minister and a doctor whom I still knew, and they, in turn, asked me how long I had been sober. When I told them six weeks, they were polite and said that they would contact me in case they had anyone with an alcoholic problem.


p. 264


__________________________________________________________


12-Steps & 12-Traditions


September 28

Tradition Three – “The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking.”

As group after group saw these possibilities, they finally abandoned all membership regulations. One dramatic experience after another clinched this determination until it became our universal tradition. Here are two examples:


On the A.A. calendar it was Year Two. In that time nothing could be seen but two struggling, nameless groups of alcoholics trying to hold their faces up to the light.


p. 141



DAILY SHARE


AA Speaker of the Day

Tom M.

Florida (Waynesville, NC)

2013


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LXj_O7pNzm2eR899nlrKmbtxWBr7DP0q/view?usp=sharing



ZOOM

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….

Topic: Pot Luck…9AM EST

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394


Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

Send your sober date and location to :

sober@yourdailyreprieve.com


I always thought that posting our locations with our anniversaries was a great way to show newcomers that AA is all over the world. We don't celebrate for our own benefit.


We celebrate anniversaries to show the program works.

If we add our locations we get to show that AA works EVERYWHERE!

-- Tom


August 2026 Miracles

In the meantime if you have an anniversary this month but are not seeing your name here please enail me with your name, Sobriety Date (09/01/2020), and your location (city/state - city/country) so that I can update the list and your profile.


Please note at the base of this email, I've put directions to allow you to update your own profile. My hope is I will be able to use the contact infomation used for regisrtation to compile the birthdays from now on.



SEPTEMBER2026 MIRACLES

SOB Date

Short Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/1

Bill K

Vero Beach

Florida

26

9/1

John R

Stuart

FL

46

9/1

Maria B

Pacific Palisades

CA

24

9/2

GeorgeB

CocoaBeach

FL

12

9/2

Laura P

Montreal

CAN

2

9/2

Leslie Z

ValleyVillage

CA

45

9/2

Richie D

NewSmyrnaBeach

FL

43

9/3

Edward H

Andover

MA

43

9/3

Sandy F

Sarasota

FL

1

9/4

Bob B

NorthFortMyers

FL

53

9/4

Cathy LH

LosAngeles

CA

42

9/5

Chris L

Bristol

RI

38

9/5

James O’K

Portland

ME

13

9/5

Janet F

Nantucket

MA

33

9/5

Susan L

BaskingRidge

NJ

32

9/6

Angela

PortCharlotte

FL

4

9/6

Jim H

FernandinaBech

FL

7

9/6

Karen M

Peekskill

NY

34

9/6

Neil B

Floral Park

NY

33

9/6

Rosie M

Madison

NJ

3

9/7

April C

River Vale

NJ

14

9/8

Billy O

Tequesta

FL

46

9/8

CarolAnn B

Bedminster

NJ

30

9/8

Carolyn C

Portsmouth

RI

41

9/8

JulieN

Port Washington

NY

8

9/8

Rochelle G

Toronto

ONT

60

9/8

Sherlock N

Washington

NY

8





Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/9

Cary R

Atlantic Highlands

NJ

41

9/9

Brent L

6

9/9

Jeanne W

Jacksonville

FL

6

9/9

Tony S

Jacksonville

FL

4

9/10

Kitty G

Sarasota

FL

11

9/10

Steve S

VeroBeach

FL

25

9/10

Susan B

Melbourne FL

Haiku HI

15

9/11

Amelia G

Sydney

Australia

2

9/11

Deck H

Westport

CT

40

9/11

Gillian J

12

9/12

Joe C

PalmCoast FL

Waynesville NC

36

9/13

Jim L

Ludlow,VT/ Readfield,ME

Ludlow,VT/ Readfield,ME

14

9/13

Linda B

Port St Lucie

Fla

12

9/13

Linda L B

Port St Lucie

Florida

12

9/13

Lisa N

Bergen County

NJ

15

9/13

Mark M

Long Island

NY

9

9/14

Jackson R

Palm Coast

FL

4

9/14

Linda L

Port St. Lucie

FL

12

9/14

Mitchell W

6

9/15

Arlene D

Sarasota

FL

44

9/15

David M

Harlem

New York

31

9/15

Fiona H

Hampshire

UK

7

9/15

Hillary M

New Canaan

CT

9

9/15

Sue B

VT

FL

13

9/16

Janice R

Aiken

SC

7

9/16

Ron G

Ashland

MA

54

9/16

Sean N

Solihull England

UK

6

9/16

Trish W

Portsmouth

UK

6

9/17

Barbaree K

Fernandina Beach

FL

44

Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/17

Leslie

New Brunswick

28

9/17

Rich C

24

9/18

George P

London

England

41

9/18

George P

London

England

50

9/18

Jim H

Houston

TX

16

9/18

Maureen K

Morristown

NJ

16

9/19

Gayle R

Topsfield

MA

2

9/19

Jim H

New Rochelle

NY

45

9/19

John A

Gainesville

GA

15

9/19

Mark S

Scotland Perth

AU

6

9/19

Wendy H

California

42

9/20

Dawn D

NewYork

NY

17

9/20

Patricia W

Portsmouth GB

UK

6

9/20

Paul T

Hobe Sound

FL

15

9/20

Ted Z

Gibsonville

NC

38

9/21

Nelle C.

Auburn

AL

33

9/21

Diane F

Fernandina Beach

Fl

10

9/23

Bill G

Woodstock

VT

41

9/23

David A

NYC

NY

25

9/23

Diana T

50

9/23

Lori H

Miami

FL

11

9/23

Pat C

Ruskin

FL

52

9/24

Frank P

Westfield

NJ

3

9/24

Julia O

Westhampton Beach

NY

8

9/24

Katie S

East Hampton

NY

26

9/24

Steven S

Putnam County

NY

23

9/25

Barry A

Ruskin

FL

27

9/26

Alexander P

NewYork

NY

2

9/26

Rik VdV.



14

Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/27

Melanie M.

Bradenton

FL

1

9/27

Karen R

Ft. Lauderdale

FL

4

9/28

Kristen C

Jacksonville

FL

17

9/28

Holly D

Jacksonville

FL

30

9/28

Stephanie M

FernPark

FL

2

9/29

John B

Miramichi NB

Canada

53

9/29

Mike C

Palm Coast

FL

24

9/29

Sinead G

West Midlands

UK

16

9/30

Jim M

Summerville

SC

6





2082 Total Years of Sobriety

__________________________________________________________________ 



 Drop a Buck in the Basket?


PayPal PayPal.com/paypalme/donationforYDR

or

Venmo @yourdailyreprieve



The cost to mail Your Daily Reprieve

just went up to $200 a month!!


Thank you everyone for your generous contributions.


As Bill Sees It


September 28

Honesty And Recovery, p.270


In taking an inventory, a member might consider questions such as these:


How did my selfish pursuit of the sex relation damage other people and me? What people were hurt, and how badly? Just how did I react at the time? Did I burn with guilt? Or did I insist that I was the pursued and not the pursuer, and thus absolve myself?


How have I reacted to frustration in sexual matters? When denied, did I become vengeful or depressed? Did I take it out on other people? If there was rejection, or coldness at home, did I use this as a reason for promiscuity?


Let no alcoholic say he cannot recover unless he has his family back. His recovery is not dependent upon people. It is dependent upon his relationship with God, however he may define Him.


1. 12 & 12 ,pp. 50-51

2. Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 99-100





TWENTY-FOUR HOURS


September 28


A.A. Thought For The Day

For the past two months we have been studying passages and steps from the Big Book. Now why not read the book itself again? It is essential that the A.A. program become part of us. We must have its essentials at our finger tips. We cannot study the big book too much or too often. The more we read it and study it, the better equipped we are to think A.A., act A.A., and live A.A. We cannot know too much about the program. The chances are that we will never know enough. But we can make as much of it our own as possible. How much of the Big Book have I thoroughly mastered?


Meditation For The Day

We need to accept the difficulties and disciplines of life so as to fully share the common life of other people. Many things that we must accept in life are not to be taken so much as being necessary for us personally, as to be experienced in order that we may share in the sufferings and problems of humanity. We need sympathy and understanding. We must share many of the experiences of life, in order to understand and sympathize with others. Unless we have been through the same experiences, we cannot understand other people or their makeup well enough to be able to help them.


Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may accept everything that comes my way as part of life. I pray that I may make use of it in helping my fellow men.



A Day At A Time


September 28


Reflection For The Day

Now that we’re free from our addictions, living life one day at a time, we can begin to stop making unreasonable demands upon those we love. We can show kindness where we had shown none; we can take the time and initiative to be thoughtful, considerate and compassionate. Even with the people we dislike, we can at least try to be courteous, at times literally going out of our way to understand and help them. Just For Today, will I try to understand rather than be understood, being courteous and respectful to all people with whom I’m in contact?


Today I Pray

May I never forget my old sponge-like self, who soaked up every drop of affection and attention my family or friends could give me, until they were sapped dry. May I learn to be a giver, rather than a constant taker. May I practice offering interest, kindness, consideration and compassion until sensitivity to others becomes second nature for me.


Today I Will Remember

Giving is part of being.


DAILY THOUGHTS

___________________________________________________________

^*^*^*^*^

(\~AA~/)

(  \(AA)/  )

(_ /AA\ _)

/AA\

^*^*^*^*^


Solution


"The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution. We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action."


Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 17



Thought to Consider . . . 


The solution is simple. The solution is spiritual.


*~*AACRONYMS*~*


C A R E


Comforting And Reassuring Each other





___________________________________________________________


DAILY REFLECTION


September 28


LOVE WITHOUT STRINGS

Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics.
-ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 89

Sponsorship held two surprises for me. First, that my sponsees cared about me. What I had thought was gratitude was more like love. They wanted me to be happy, to grow and remain sober. Knowing how they felt kept me from drinking more than once. Second, I discovered that I was able to love someone else responsibly, with respectful and genuine concern for that person’s growth. Before that time, I had thought that my ability to care sincerely about another’s well-being had atrophied from lack of use. To learn that I can love, without greed or anxiety, has been one of the deepest gifts the program has given. Gratitude for that gift has kept me sober many times.




POT LUCK


Father Leo’s Daily Meditation


September 28

MISTAKES

“Good people are good because they’ve come to wisdom through failure.”
– William Saroyan

Today I am able to learn from my mistakes because I can see that they really were mistakes! I was trying to play the game of life without a full deck. My big mistake in life was trying to drink alcohol like a non-alcoholic. I couldn’t do it.


Drugs do not think; they react. They always work, and for me they worked against me. Most of my failures in life stemmed from a fundamental misconception — alcoholics cannot drink like non-alcoholics! This I now accept. And in a strange way that is difficult to explain, I am a stronger person for having lived through my alcoholism. God has become more real, the world is more comprehensible, my life is more understandable because of the pain.


If a part of “goodness” is knowing that you are not perfect, then on a daily basis I am becoming a good person.


God, who has created a world in which there is pain and failure, help me to accept both as vehicles to wisdom.





Excellent Resource

Blogs, Audio and Video Articles

(Note: I have not as yet verified the below links)

https://takethe12.org/

 

***************************

 

"AA Recovery Interviews" Podcast

https://aarecoveryinterviews.com

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/


 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 


***************************

 

AA Membership Survey 2022

Alcoholics Anonymous 2022 Membership Survey | Alcoholics Anonymous

 

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 ***************************

 

DR. PAUL O.

There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking

(Audio Book)

Introduction

http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I

http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II

http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III

http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV

http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8






** AA CDs Literature and tapes**

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

  

***************************



**ZOOM MEETINGS**

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

***************************

 

**ARCHIVES**



AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE



A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

BIG BOOK for DUMMIES

Big Book for Dummies - YouTube

 

https://bit.ly/4xHU0QA



*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.




 RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK

Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)

Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt



***************************


**MEDITATIONS**


Loving Kindness Meditations

 With Music

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****


Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

MOOJI GUIDED Meditation

http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v

 

***************************

 

**PODCASTS**


https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast



***************************

  

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 


*************************** 


Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst


 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

Miscellaneous Sources


Note from the Editor


Thanks for all the reply emails. Due to my schedule I am sadly lacking time to respond to each one. I would still love to hear from all of you and to get your Sobriety Anniversary and if possible your City/State/Country so that I can be sure to add you to the Birthday's List each month. I will do my best to find times on the weekend to review and respond to as many as possible.


Also, I respect that some of you may not see a value in the 'Your Daily Reprieve' email since our friend Tom passes on to the BIG MEETING, so I encourage you to let me know how you feel I might be able to better reach you with the daily email.


Update 2: Responding to a few comments, I have done by best to reduce the lengthliness of the email, by returning to the original format Tom had been using last year. I do hope that this will be a good change for everyone.


SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
LinkedIn Share This Email

If you would like to modify/update your contact profile, please click on the below "Update Profile" Hyperlink. There are some new fields in your contact profile for Sobriety Date, Homegroup, and Meeting Day(s)/Time(s).



If we can get all the Sobriety Dates and City/State or City/Country information put into the system, it will make compiling the Anniversary (Birthday) list much easier.

Your Daily Reprieve | 1427 County Rd GG | New Richmond, WI 54017 US

Constant Contact

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 01.19.26