Your Daily Reprieve 01.30.16



Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday January  30, 2016

From Stuart, Florida

Nothing is impossible for God; therefore nothing is impossible for you and God if you are both playing on the same team. To get on God’s team you must train rigidly, (action) know all the rules of the game, (12/12) follow the instructions of the great Captain in the spirit as well as in the letter, go to your Captain frequently when in doubt, co-operate with the other team members, do not try to be the big Star, be on the practice field early and stay late (meetings, that is) and put all you have into your efforts. Who knows─you might become a regular upon whom God can rely on to play his position as it should be played. One thing is sure─if you do make the team you are sure to win.
~The Eye Opener

"The fishermen knows that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."
~Vincent Van Gogh

"As the chaotic world of the drinking alcoholic is replaced by one of stability in sobriety it becomes apparent that plans can be made to encourage positive living. For example: planning holidays, dental appointments and the household budget. We cannot plan that it will be the best holiday ever, that no dental work is required, or that our monetary fortunes will remain the same; that would be projecting. We plan plans, not results."
~Grapevine:October 1992

Sign in Central Service:
"What will the ultimate result be if AA becomes too attractive? It is now felt that some people are joining our ranks, not because they have a major drinking problem, but because our meetings are friendly, interesting and informative. Will AA degenerate into a Social Club and cease to be the last refuge and hope for the suffering alcoholic? Then we may find too many enjoying AA and too few carrying the message to a suffering alcoholic!"
Bill W. -- 1965


Big Book Quote
"We have seen the truth demonstrated again and again: 'Once an
alcoholic, always an alcoholic.' Commencing to drink after a period
of sobriety, we are in a short time as bad as ever."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 33



Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

AARON GILES
Los Angeles
@ Thursday Night Speaker
Las Vegas
08.31.2006


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes





Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW HOW IT WORKS!!!

If you are celebrating an anniversary this month,
please send along the date and any message you would
like to share with the other 3000 people on this email list and
perhaps as many as 30000 others who have it forwarded.

You need to remind me every year!

Send your day, your location and number of years to:

January 2016 Anniversaries

1/1 Skipper Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..32
1/1 Steve K. (Boston/Stuart, FL)…..18
1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL) ...... 27 years
1/1 Joe G. (Riverside, RI)…..29
1/1 Deirdre K. (New Providence, NJ)…..11
1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..11
1/1 Mary Lou K. (Phillips, Maine)…..35
1/1 Dan D. (Creve Coeur, MO)…..1
1/1 Joanie R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..14
1/1 Peter J. (Vancouver BC, Canada)….. 5years
1/2 Gregory B. (NYC, New York)…..4
1/2 Peggy M. (Rye Beach, NH)…..36
1/2 Tara H. (NYC, NY)…..1
1/2 Katherine F. ( Cohassett, MA) ...... 10
1/3 Kare B. (Boston, MA)…..32
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..38
1/5  Heidi O. ()…..19
1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX)…..4
1/6 Heather B. (Scotland)…..2
1/6 Ann B. (Greenwich, CT/Stuart, FL)…..37
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..10
1/6 Richard F. (Annapolis, MD)…..1
1/6 George R. (Stratham, NH)…..4
1/6 Cate N. (Calgary. Alberta, CA)…..6
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..18
1/7 Tom D. (Gold Canyon, AZ (Scituate, MA))…..44
1/7 Kurt D. (Thailand)…..14
1/7 Liz O. (NY, NY)…..12
1/8 Louis S. (Tortola, BVI)…..3
1/8 Alan J. (Roscoe, NY)…..8
1/9 Patrick H. (Long Beach, CA)…..1
1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY)…..16
1/10 Kelly P. (Methuen, MA)…..27
1/10 Tim S. (Nursling, UK)…..10
1/10 Tom D. (Dallas, TX)…..25
1/10 Sara M. (Fresh Meadows, NY)…..3
1/11 Danielle T. (NYC, NY)…..24
1/11 Austin B. (NYC, NY)…..7
1/11 Larry H. (Yalata, FL)…..10
1/12 Mike L. (Scituate, MA) ........3
1/12 Shahab N. (Havre de Grace, MD)…..13
1/13 Padraic O’. (Whistler, BC_.....3
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..3
1/13 David S. (Boston, MA)…..30
1/13 Robbi (Port Charlotte, FL/VA)…..34
1/14 Cheryl V. (Netherlands)…..1
1/14 Dot C. (MA)…..3
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC)…..22
1/15 Steven D. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..4
1/15 John M. (Dumaguete, Phillipines)…..19
1/16 Tree A. San Anselmo, CA)…..27
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..11
1/16 Rob R. (Mesa, AZ)…..8
1/16 Sheila j. (NYC, NY)…..30
1/17 Scott M. (New York City)…..2
1/17 Helen C. (Folkestone, UK)…..44
1/17  Melinda F. (Dothan, AL)…..6
1/17 Gabby M. (Denville, NJ)…..3
1/18 Jerry H. (Winchester, UK)…..17
1/19 Alan S. (Hiawassee, GA)…..3
1/19 Carol L. (Palm Beach /Aspen /New York City)…..25
1/20 Elizabeth J. (Lake Mary, FL)…..29
1/20 Mary Lois (ML) A. (Stuart, FL)…..13
1/20 Jeff L. (Portsmouth, NH)…..2
1/21 Mary Jane H. (Melvile, NY)…..44
1/21 Robby R. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..3
1/22 Gary J. (New Canaan, CT)…..30
1/22 Julie K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..8
1/22 Stacey C. (NYC, NY)…..9
1/23 Lindsay M. (Randolph, MA)…..1
1/23 George McC. (Venice, FL) ...... 47
1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY)…..24
1/24 Paul B. (Newburyport. MA)…..30
1/24 Melanie K. (NYC, NY)…..5
1/25 Terry O’D. ( Scituate, MA) ..... 41
1/25 Thomas M (Airdrie, Scotland)…..27
1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT)…..1
1/26 Doug L. (San Diego, CA)…..5
1/27 Bud C. (Marshfield, MA) ....... 27
1/27 Iris F. (Naples, FL)…..18
1/28 Bill S. (Big Flats, NY)…..27
1/28 Lisa G. (Spring Lake, NJ)…..4
1/29 Sandy W. (East Hampton, NY)…..20
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..40
1/30 Kurt S. (Philly/ Ponte Vedra, FL)…..22
1/30 Kris W. (Arkansas)…..30
1/31 Bob P. (Fushun, China/Morehead City, NC)….. 32
1/31 Diane B. (Cape Cod, MA)…..23

1466 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

And what can be said of many A.A. members who, for a variety of reasons, cannot have a family life? At first many of these feel lonely, hurt, and left out as they witness so much domestic happiness about them. If they cannot have this kind of happiness, can A.A. offer them satisfactions of similar worth and durability? Yes--whenever they try hard to seek
them out. Surrounded by so many A.A. friends, these so-called loners tell us they no longer feel alone. In partnership with others--women and men--they can devote themselves to any number of ideas, people, and constructive projects. Free of marital responsibilities, they can participate in enterprises which would be denied to family men and women. We daily see such members render prodigies of service, and receive great joys in return.

p. 120

Twenty Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

A drinking life isn't a happy life. Drinking cuts you
off from other people and from God. One of the worst
things about drinking is the loneliness. And one of the
best things about A.A. is the fellowship. Drinking cuts
you off from other people, at least from the people who
really matter to you, your wife and children, your
family and real friends. No matter how much you love
them, you build up a wall between you and them by your
drinking. You're cut off from any real companionship
with them. As a result, you're terribly lonely. Have I got
rid of my loneliness?

Meditation For The Day

I will sometimes go into a quiet place of retreat with
God. In that place, I will find restoration and healing
and power. I will plan quiet times now and then, times
when I will commune with God and arise rested and
refreshed to carry on the work which God has given me
to do. I know that God will never give me a load greater
than I can bear. It is in serenity and peace that all
true success lies.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may strengthen my inner life, so that I
may find serenity. I pray that my soul may be restored
in quietness and peace


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~  /)
(   \ (
AA)/   )
(_   /
AA\ _)
  /
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Show Business

"The first requirement is that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success. On that basis we are almost always in collision with something or somebody, even though our motives are good. Most people try to live by self-propulsion. Each person is like an actor who wants to run the whole show; is forever trying to arrange the lights, the ballet, the scenery and the rest of the players in his own way.  If his arrangements would only stay put, if only people would do as he wished, the show would be great.  Everybody, including himself, would be pleased.  Life would be wonderful."
c. 2001AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 60-1
^*^*^*^*^
Thought to Consider . . .

I
can't do His will my way.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

P R I D E = 
Pretty Ridiculous Individual Directing Everything




Daily Reflection

FREEDOM FROM . . . FREEDOM TO

We are going to know a new freedom. . . .
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 83

Freedom for me is both freedom from and freedom to. The
first freedom I enjoy is freedom from the slavery of
alcohol. What a relief! Then I begin to experience freedom
from fear—fear of people, of economic insecurity, of
commitment, of failure, of rejection. Then I begin to enjoy
freedom to—freedom to choose sobriety for today, freedom
to be myself, freedom to express my opinion, to experience
peace of mind, to love and be loved, and freedom to grow
spiritually. But how can I achieve these freedoms? The Big
Book clearly says that before I am halfway through making
amends, I will begin to know a "new" freedom; not the old
freedom of doing what I pleased, without regard to others,
but the new freedom that allows fulfillment of the promises
in my life. What a joy to be free!



Pot Luck

Reflection for the Day

Today is a special day in more ways than one. It's a day that God has made, and I'm alive in God's world. I know that all things in my life this day are an expression of God's love – the fact that I'm alive, that I'm recovering, and that I'm able to feel the way I feel at this very instant. For me, this will be a day of gratitude. Am I deeply thankful for being a part of this special day, and for all my blessings?

Today I Pray

On this day of remembering God's gift, may I understand that giving and receiving are the same. Each is part of each. If I give, I receive the happiness of giving. If I receive, I give someone else that same happiness of giving. I pray that I may give myself – my love and my strengths – generously. May I also receive graciously the love and strength of others' selves. May God be our example.

Today I Will Remember

The magnitude of God's giving.






34th ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
PHILIPPINES NATIONAL CONVENTION 2016 

DUMAGUETE 
 NEGROS ORIENTAL

“Home of the Gentle People"
  Friday to Saturday
     FEBRUARY 5 – 7, 2016



BETHEL GUESTHOUSE
RIZAL BOULEVARD

http://aaphilconv2016.weebly.com/



FEBRUARY 19-21, 2016
"Happy Joyous and Free"






International AA Convention in Costa Rica

international convention art

***Save The Date***
May 6,7, & 8 2016

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

For more information

Email Jason G or Russell B


Unity & Service Conference
The Secret is U.S.
(Unity + Service)
September 2 - 4, 2016

Concord, CA

 

Join us as we foster Unity and Service by sharing our stories and experience. Our panelists from around the country will be focusing on the following topics:

 Applying Spiritual Principles - Sharon C., CA
 A.A. Myths and Misconceptions - Phyllis H., NY
 A.A. Hot Topics and Controversies - Billy N., NJ
 Successful Relationships - Debbie D., CA
 The Home Group - Don L., WA

 

www.UnityAndServiceConference.org

 




Seniors in Sobriety
10th International Conference
November 3-6, 2016 San Diego, CA

http://seniorsinsobriety.org/sis/

Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE: 

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
 this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
 by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 10.30.25