September 30, 2026

Waynesville, NC


Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for our Friend Tom Murphy on what would have been his 77th Birthday


If you are not aware as yet, we have sad news that Tom Murphy, our dear friend, was lost to us on the 7th of August, 2026. Tom was the creator of "Your Daily Reprieve".


We are linking Tom's Obituary here for all of you to read. There was a Celebration of Life, on what would have been his 77th birthday on September 26th, 2026.



Here is a link to the zoom recording, for those that would like hear or see the event.


Audio Only


Video


(Please go to 1:31:40 for the Sharing on either of these until we can edit them)


Thoughts to Start Your Day


_________________________



“Authenticity is the daily practice

of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be

and embracing who we are.“


~Brené Brown

 ______________________________________


The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.


~Norman Vincent Peale


______________________________________


The truth that many people never understand, until it is too late, is that the more you try to avoid suffering the more you suffer because smaller and more insignificant things begin to torture you in proportion to your fear of being hurt.


~Thomas Merton


______________________________________




If You'd Like To Sign Up

ADD A Friend , A Sponsee, A Sponsor or a Newcomer

To Your Daily Reprieve Email List Use This Link

https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/bJDtvfe


Untitled_Landing_Page_created_at_Tue_Sep_22_190242_EDT_2026


BIG BOOK QUOTE


September 30


He Sold Himself Short


A few months after I made my original trip to Akron, I was feeling pretty cocky, and I didn’t think my wife was treating me with proper respect, now that I was an outstanding citizen. So I set out to get drunk deliberately, just to teach her what she was missing. A week later I had to get an old friend from Akron to spend two days sobering me up. That was my lesson, that one could not take the moral inventory and then file it away; that the alcoholic has to continue to take inventory every day if he expects to get well and stay well. That was my only slip. It taught me a valuable lesson. In the summer of 1938, almost a year from the time I made my original contact with Akron, the man for whom I was working, and who knew about the program, approached me and asked if i could do anything about one of his salesmen who was drinking very heavily. I went to the sanitarium where this chap was incarcerated and found to my surprise that he was interested. He had been wanting to do something about his drinking for a long time but did know how. I spent several days with him, but I did not feel adequate to pass the program on to him by myself. So I suggested that he take a trip to Akron for a couple of weeks, which he did, living with one of the A.A. families there. When he returned, we had practically daily meetings from that time on.


Pp. 264-265


__________________________________________________________


12-Steps & 12-Traditions


September 30

Tradition Three – “The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking.”

At first the elders could look only at the objections. “We deal,” they said, “with alcoholics only. Shouldn’t we sacrifice this one for the sake of the many?” So went the discussions while the newcomer’s fate hung in the balance. Then one of the three spoke in a very different voice. “What we are really afraid of,” he said, “is our reputation. We are much more afraid of what people might say than the trouble this strange alcoholic might bring. As we’ve been talking, five short words have been running through my mind. Something keeps repeating to me, “What would the Master do?” “Not another word was said. What more indeed could be said?


p. 142




DAILY SHARE


AA Speaker of the Day

Scott L.

Florida State Convention

2005


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TJfa_UrSjQTeINe9Zy1BJCwDVSDnq0q7/view?usp=sharing



ZOOM

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….

Topic: Pot Luck…9AM EST

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394


Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

Send your sober date and location to :

sober@yourdailyreprieve.com


I always thought that posting our locations with our anniversaries was a great way to show newcomers that AA is all over the world. We don't celebrate for our own benefit.


We celebrate anniversaries to show the program works.

If we add our locations we get to show that AA works EVERYWHERE!

-- Tom


August 2026 Miracles

In the meantime if you have an anniversary this month but are not seeing your name here please enail me with your name, Sobriety Date (09/01/2020), and your location (city/state - city/country) so that I can update the list and your profile.


Please note at the base of this email, I've put directions to allow you to update your own profile. My hope is I will be able to use the contact infomation used for regisrtation to compile the birthdays from now on.



SEPTEMBER2026 MIRACLES

SOB Date

Short Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/1

Bill K

Vero Beach

Florida

26

9/1

John R

Stuart

FL

46

9/1

Maria B

Pacific Palisades

CA

24

9/2

GeorgeB

CocoaBeach

FL

12

9/2

Laura P

Montreal

CAN

2

9/2

Leslie Z

ValleyVillage

CA

45

9/2

Richie D

NewSmyrnaBeach

FL

43

9/3

Edward H

Andover

MA

43

9/3

Sandy F

Sarasota

FL

1

9/4

Bob B

NorthFortMyers

FL

53

9/4

Cathy LH

LosAngeles

CA

42

9/5

Chris L

Bristol

RI

38

9/5

James O’K

Portland

ME

13

9/5

Janet F

Nantucket

MA

33

9/5

Susan L

BaskingRidge

NJ

32

9/6

Angela

PortCharlotte

FL

4

9/6

Jim H

FernandinaBech

FL

7

9/6

Karen M

Peekskill

NY

34

9/6

Neil B

Floral Park

NY

33

9/6

Rosie M

Madison

NJ

3

9/7

April C

River Vale

NJ

14

9/8

Billy O

Tequesta

FL

46

9/8

CarolAnn B

Bedminster

NJ

30

9/8

Carolyn C

Portsmouth

RI

41

9/8

JulieN

Port Washington

NY

8

9/8

Rochelle G

Toronto

ONT

60

9/8

Sherlock N

Washington

NY

8





Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/9

Cary R

Atlantic Highlands

NJ

41

9/9

Brent L

6

9/9

Jeanne W

Jacksonville

FL

6

9/9

Tony S

Jacksonville

FL

4

9/10

Kitty G

Sarasota

FL

11

9/10

Steve S

VeroBeach

FL

25

9/10

Susan B

Melbourne FL

Haiku HI

15

9/11

Amelia G

Sydney

Australia

2

9/11

Deck H

Westport

CT

40

9/11

Gillian J

12

9/12

Joe C

PalmCoast FL

Waynesville NC

36

9/13

Jim L

Ludlow,VT/ Readfield,ME

Ludlow,VT/ Readfield,ME

14

9/13

Linda B

Port St Lucie

Fla

12

9/13

Linda L B

Port St Lucie

Florida

12

9/13

Lisa N

Bergen County

NJ

15

9/13

Mark M

Long Island

NY

9

9/14

Jackson R

Palm Coast

FL

4

9/14

Linda L

Port St. Lucie

FL

12

9/14

Mitchell W

6

9/15

Arlene D

Sarasota

FL

44

9/15

David M

Harlem

New York

31

9/15

Fiona H

Hampshire

UK

7

9/15

Hillary M

New Canaan

CT

9

9/15

Sue B

VT

FL

13

9/16

Janice R

Aiken

SC

7

9/16

Ron G

Ashland

MA

54

9/16

Sean N

Solihull England

UK

6

9/16

Trish W

Portsmouth

UK

6

9/17

Barbaree K

Fernandina Beach

FL

44

Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/17

Leslie

New Brunswick

28

9/17

Rich C

24

9/18

George P

London

England

41

9/18

George P

London

England

50

9/18

Jim H

Houston

TX

16

9/18

Maureen K

Morristown

NJ

16

9/19

Gayle R

Topsfield

MA

2

9/19

Jim H

New Rochelle

NY

45

9/19

John A

Gainesville

GA

15

9/19

Mark S

Scotland Perth

AU

6

9/19

Wendy H

California

42

9/20

Dawn D

NewYork

NY

17

9/20

Patricia W

Portsmouth GB

UK

6

9/20

Paul T

Hobe Sound

FL

15

9/20

Ted Z

Gibsonville

NC

38

9/21

Nelle C.

Auburn

AL

33

9/21

Diane F

Fernandina Beach

Fl

10

9/23

Bill G

Woodstock

VT

41

9/23

David A

NYC

NY

25

9/23

Diana T

50

9/23

Lori H

Miami

FL

11

9/23

Pat C

Ruskin

FL

52

9/24

Frank P

Westfield

NJ

3

9/24

Julia O

Westhampton Beach

NY

8

9/24

Katie S

East Hampton

NY

26

9/24

Steven S

Putnam County

NY

23

9/25

Barry A

Ruskin

FL

27

9/26

Alexander P

NewYork

NY

2

9/26

Rik VdV.



14

Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/27

Melanie M.

Bradenton

FL

1

9/27

Karen R

Ft. Lauderdale

FL

4

9/28

Kristen C

Jacksonville

FL

17

9/28

Holly D

Jacksonville

FL

30

9/28

Stephanie M

FernPark

FL

2

9/29

John B

Miramichi NB

Canada

53

9/29

Mike C

Palm Coast

FL

24

9/29

Sinead G

West Midlands

UK

16

9/30

Jim M

Summerville

SC

6

2082 Total Years of Sobriety

__________________________________________________________________ 



 Drop a Buck in the Basket?


PayPal PayPal.com/paypalme/donationforYDR

or

Venmo @yourdailyreprieve



The cost to mail Your Daily Reprieve

just went up to $200 a month!!


Thank you everyone for your generous contributions.


As Bill Sees It


September 30



A.A. In Two Words, p.271


“All A.A. progress can be reckoned in terms of just two words: humility and responsibility. Our whole spiritual development can be accurately measured by our degree of adherence to these magnificent standards.

“Ever deepening humility, accompanied by an ever greater willingness to accept and to act upon clear-cut obligations–these are truly our touchstones for all growth in the life of the spirit. They hold up to us the very essence of right being and right doing. It is by them that we are enabled to find and to do God’s will.” 


Talk, 1965 (Printed In Grapevine, January 1966)




TWENTY-FOUR HOURS


September 30


A.A. Thought For The Day

There are no leaders in A.A., except as they volunteer to accept responsibility. The work of carrying on A.A.–leading group meetings, serving on committees, speaking before other groups, doing twelfth-step work, spreading A.A. among the alcoholics of the community–all these things are done on a volunteer basis. If I don’t volunteer to do something concrete for A.A., the movement is that much less effective. I must do my fair share to carry the load. A.A. depends on all its members to keep it alive and to keep it growing. Am I doing my share for A.A.?


Meditation For The Day

When you look to God for strength to face responsibility and are quiet before Him, His healing touch causes the Divine Quiet to flow into your very being. When in weakness you cry to God, His touch brings healing, the renewal of your courage, and the power to meet every situation and be victorious. When you faint by the way or are distracted by feelings of inferiority, then rely on the touch of God’s spirit to support you on your way. Then arise and go forth with confidence.


Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may lay myself open today to the healing touch of God. I pray that I may not falter or faint by the wayside, but renew my courage through prayer.


A Day At A Time


September 30



Reflection For The Day

No matter what other people do or don’t do, we have to remain sober and free from other addictions for ourselves. When our program of recovery becomes contingent on the actions or inaction of another person — especially someone with whom we’re emotionally involved — the results are invariably disastrous. We need to also remember that intense dislike is as much an emotional involvement as new found romantic love. In short, we have to cool any risky emotional involvements in the first few months of our recovery, trying to accept the fact that our feelings could change quickly and dramatically. Our watch word must be “First Things First,” concentrating on our number one problem before anything else.  Am I building a firm foundation while steering a firm foundation while steering clear of slippery emotional areas?


Today I Pray

May I always remember that healthy relationships with people are necessary for my recovery. But — that substituting an obsession with either a love or hate object is as dangerous to my well-being as any other addiction.


Today I Will Remember

A dependency is a dependency is a dependency.


DAILY THOUGHTS

___________________________________________________________

^*^*^*^*^

(\~AA~/)

(  \(AA)/  )

(_ /AA\ _)

/AA\

^*^*^*^*^


Surrender


"There are two things I've learned from this program. First, to surrender completely. I was fighting a losing battle with the bottle. I gave up, and through defeat, I won. Second, to change myself, because the world isn't going to change to suit 'poor little old me.' It's just this simple - whatever it is in me that led me down the alcoholic road to misery, I no longer want any part of it."


c.1976 AA for the Woman 

(AA Pamphlet P-5), p. 17



Thought to Consider . . . 


Take a walk with God. He will meet you at the Steps.



*~*AACRONYMS*~*


C A R E


Comforting And Reassuring Each other



A S A P


Always Say A Prayer



___________________________________________________________



DAILY REFLECTION


September 30

THE CIRCLE AND THE TRIANGLE

The circle stands for the whole world of A.A., and the triangle stands for A.A.’s Three Legacies of Recovery, Unity, and Service. Within our wonderful new world, we have found freedom from our fatal obsession.
-A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 139

Early in my A.A. life, I became employed in its services and I found the explanation of our society’s logo to be very appropriate. First, a circle of love and service with a well-balanced triangle inside, the base of which represents our Recovery through the Twelve Steps. Then the other two sides, representing Unity and Service, respectively. The three sides of the triangle are equal. As I grew in A.A. I soon identified myself with this symbol. I am the circle, and the sides of the triangle represent three aspects of my personality: physical, emotional sanity, spirituality, the latter forming the symbol’s base. Taken together, all three aspects of my personality translate into a sober and happy life.




POT LUCK


Walk In Dry Places

September 30


How do we communicate?

Carrying the message.


What we are always carries a stronger message than what we say. This is why we’re sometimes turned off by people who seek to overwhelm us with charm. It’s also why we can sometimes be drawn to people who are quiet and unassuming.


However it works, there is a powerful message in one’s unspoken thoughts and feelings. We can usually sense, for example, the mood of people in a room, even when little is being said. If we spend any time with others, they will soon know much about us even if we say little.


This silent communication may be the great secret of AA’s success in reaching those who still suffer. If we are living sober and want to help others, that’s he message we give out. That’s also a form of carrying the message.


I’ll communicate today by maintaining a warm and friendly attitude toward every person I meet, knowing that thoughts and feelings speak louder than words.




Excellent Resource

Blogs, Audio and Video Articles

(Note: I have not as yet verified the below links)

https://takethe12.org/

 

***************************

 

"AA Recovery Interviews" Podcast

https://aarecoveryinterviews.com

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/


 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 


***************************

 

AA Membership Survey 2022

Alcoholics Anonymous 2022 Membership Survey | Alcoholics Anonymous

 

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 ***************************

 

DR. PAUL O.

There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking

(Audio Book)

Introduction

http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I

http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II

http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III

http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV

http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8




** AA CDs Literature and tapes**

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

  ***************************


**ZOOM MEETINGS**

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

***************************

 

**ARCHIVES**



AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE



A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

BIG BOOK for DUMMIES

Big Book for Dummies - YouTube

 

https://bit.ly/4xHU0QA



*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.




 RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK

Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)

Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt



***************************


**MEDITATIONS**


Loving Kindness Meditations

 With Music

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****


Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

MOOJI GUIDED Meditation

http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v

 

***************************

 

**PODCASTS**


https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast



***************************

  

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 


*************************** 


Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst


 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

Miscellaneous Sources


Note from the Editor


Thanks for all the reply emails. Due to my schedule I am sadly lacking time to respond to each one. I would still love to hear from all of you and to get your Sobriety Anniversary and if possible your City/State/Country so that I can be sure to add you to the Birthday's List each month. I will do my best to find times on the weekend to review and respond to as many as possible.


Also, I respect that some of you may not see a value in the 'Your Daily Reprieve' email since our friend Tom passes on to the BIG MEETING, so I encourage you to let me know how you feel I might be able to better reach you with the daily email.


Update 2: Responding to a few comments, I have done by best to reduce the lengthliness of the email, by returning to the original format Tom had been using last year. I do hope that this will be a good change for everyone.


SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
FacebookShare This Email
TwitterShare This Email
LinkedInShare This Email

If you would like to modify/update your contact profile, please click on the below "Update Profile" Hyperlink. There are some new fields in your contact profile for Sobriety Date, Homegroup, and Meeting Day(s)/Time(s).



If we can get all the Sobriety Dates and City/State or City/Country information put into the system, it will make compiling the Anniversary (Birthday) list much easier.

Your Daily Reprieve | 1427 County Rd GG | New Richmond, WI 54017 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 01.19.26