September 29, 2026

Waynesville, NC


Thank you for all the prayers and wishes for our Friend Tom Murphy on what would have been his 77th Birthday


If you are not aware as yet, we have sad news that Tom Murphy, our dear friend, was lost to us on the 7th of August, 2026. Tom was the creator of "Your Daily Reprieve".


We are linking Tom's Obituary here for all of you to read. There was a Celebration of Life, on what would have been his 77th birthday on September 26th, 2026.



Here is a link to the zoom recording, for those that would like hear or see the event.


Audio Only


Video


(Please go to 1:31:40 for the Sharing on either of these until we can edit them)


Thoughts to Start Your Day


___Discipline___



Discipline is not the restraint but the use of energy. .

When I forbid myself what I may have, no person is going to tempt me with what is truly forbidden.


Guy Davenport

______________________________________


Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes

impervious to the corroding influence of fear.


Bernard Law Montgomery


______________________________________



Discipline is the highest of all virtues. Only so may strength and desire be counterbalanced and the endeavors of people bear fruit.


Nikos Kazantzakis


______________________________________




If You'd Like To Sign Up

ADD A Friend , A Sponsee, A Sponsor or a Newcomer

To Your Daily Reprieve Email List Use This Link

https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/bJDtvfe


Untitled_Landing_Page_created_at_Tue_Sep_22_190242_EDT_2026


BIG BOOK QUOTE


September 29


He Sold Himself Short


Needless to say, it was a year or more before they did contact me. On my trips back to Akron to get my spirits recharged and to work with other alcoholics, I would ask Dr. Bob about this delay and wonder just what was wrong with me. He would invariably reply, “When you are right and the time is right, Providence will provide. You must always be willing and continue to make contacts.”


p. 264

__________________________________________________________


12-Steps & 12-Traditions


September 29

Tradition Three – “The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking.”

A newcomer appeared at one of these groups, knocked on the door and asked to be let in. He talked frankly with that group’s oldest member. He soon proved that his was a desperate case, and that above all he wanted to get well. “But,” he asked, “will you let me join your group? Since I am the victim of another addiction even worse stigmatized than alcoholism, you may not want me among you. Or will you?”


There was the dilemma. What should the group do? The oldest member summoned two others, and in confidence laid the explosive facts in their laps. Said he, “Well, what about it? If we turn this man away, he’ll soon die. If we allow him in, only god knows what trouble he’ll brew. What shall the answer be – yes or no?”


pp. 141-142



DAILY SHARE


AA Speaker of the Day

Katie P.

Austin, Tx

2013


https://drive.google.com/file/d/16kvpFeLgRMiBMd9DMIiig4YsZKSiNFXK/view?usp=sharing



ZOOM

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….

Topic: Pot Luck…9AM EST

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394


Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

Send your sober date and location to :

sober@yourdailyreprieve.com


I always thought that posting our locations with our anniversaries was a great way to show newcomers that AA is all over the world. We don't celebrate for our own benefit.


We celebrate anniversaries to show the program works.

If we add our locations we get to show that AA works EVERYWHERE!

-- Tom


August 2026 Miracles

In the meantime if you have an anniversary this month but are not seeing your name here please enail me with your name, Sobriety Date (09/01/2020), and your location (city/state - city/country) so that I can update the list and your profile.


Please note at the base of this email, I've put directions to allow you to update your own profile. My hope is I will be able to use the contact infomation used for regisrtation to compile the birthdays from now on.



SEPTEMBER2026 MIRACLES

SOB Date

Short Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/1

Bill K

Vero Beach

Florida

26

9/1

John R

Stuart

FL

46

9/1

Maria B

Pacific Palisades

CA

24

9/2

GeorgeB

CocoaBeach

FL

12

9/2

Laura P

Montreal

CAN

2

9/2

Leslie Z

ValleyVillage

CA

45

9/2

Richie D

NewSmyrnaBeach

FL

43

9/3

Edward H

Andover

MA

43

9/3

Sandy F

Sarasota

FL

1

9/4

Bob B

NorthFortMyers

FL

53

9/4

Cathy LH

LosAngeles

CA

42

9/5

Chris L

Bristol

RI

38

9/5

James O’K

Portland

ME

13

9/5

Janet F

Nantucket

MA

33

9/5

Susan L

BaskingRidge

NJ

32

9/6

Angela

PortCharlotte

FL

4

9/6

Jim H

FernandinaBech

FL

7

9/6

Karen M

Peekskill

NY

34

9/6

Neil B

Floral Park

NY

33

9/6

Rosie M

Madison

NJ

3

9/7

April C

River Vale

NJ

14

9/8

Billy O

Tequesta

FL

46

9/8

CarolAnn B

Bedminster

NJ

30

9/8

Carolyn C

Portsmouth

RI

41

9/8

JulieN

Port Washington

NY

8

9/8

Rochelle G

Toronto

ONT

60

9/8

Sherlock N

Washington

NY

8





Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/9

Cary R

Atlantic Highlands

NJ

41

9/9

Brent L

6

9/9

Jeanne W

Jacksonville

FL

6

9/9

Tony S

Jacksonville

FL

4

9/10

Kitty G

Sarasota

FL

11

9/10

Steve S

VeroBeach

FL

25

9/10

Susan B

Melbourne FL

Haiku HI

15

9/11

Amelia G

Sydney

Australia

2

9/11

Deck H

Westport

CT

40

9/11

Gillian J

12

9/12

Joe C

PalmCoast FL

Waynesville NC

36

9/13

Jim L

Ludlow,VT/ Readfield,ME

Ludlow,VT/ Readfield,ME

14

9/13

Linda B

Port St Lucie

Fla

12

9/13

Linda L B

Port St Lucie

Florida

12

9/13

Lisa N

Bergen County

NJ

15

9/13

Mark M

Long Island

NY

9

9/14

Jackson R

Palm Coast

FL

4

9/14

Linda L

Port St. Lucie

FL

12

9/14

Mitchell W

6

9/15

Arlene D

Sarasota

FL

44

9/15

David M

Harlem

New York

31

9/15

Fiona H

Hampshire

UK

7

9/15

Hillary M

New Canaan

CT

9

9/15

Sue B

VT

FL

13

9/16

Janice R

Aiken

SC

7

9/16

Ron G

Ashland

MA

54

9/16

Sean N

Solihull England

UK

6

9/16

Trish W

Portsmouth

UK

6

9/17

Barbaree K

Fernandina Beach

FL

44

Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/17

Leslie

New Brunswick

28

9/17

Rich C

24

9/18

George P

London

England

41

9/18

George P

London

England

50

9/18

Jim H

Houston

TX

16

9/18

Maureen K

Morristown

NJ

16

9/19

Gayle R

Topsfield

MA

2

9/19

Jim H

New Rochelle

NY

45

9/19

John A

Gainesville

GA

15

9/19

Mark S

Scotland Perth

AU

6

9/19

Wendy H

California

42

9/20

Dawn D

NewYork

NY

17

9/20

Patricia W

Portsmouth GB

UK

6

9/20

Paul T

Hobe Sound

FL

15

9/20

Ted Z

Gibsonville

NC

38

9/21

Nelle C.

Auburn

AL

33

9/21

Diane F

Fernandina Beach

Fl

10

9/23

Bill G

Woodstock

VT

41

9/23

David A

NYC

NY

25

9/23

Diana T

50

9/23

Lori H

Miami

FL

11

9/23

Pat C

Ruskin

FL

52

9/24

Frank P

Westfield

NJ

3

9/24

Julia O

Westhampton Beach

NY

8

9/24

Katie S

East Hampton

NY

26

9/24

Steven S

Putnam County

NY

23

9/25

Barry A

Ruskin

FL

27

9/26

Alexander P

NewYork

NY

2

9/26

Rik VdV.



14

Date

Name

City/Province

State/Country

Years

9/27

Melanie M.

Bradenton

FL

1

9/27

Karen R

Ft. Lauderdale

FL

4

9/28

Kristen C

Jacksonville

FL

17

9/28

Holly D

Jacksonville

FL

30

9/28

Stephanie M

FernPark

FL

2

9/29

John B

Miramichi NB

Canada

53

9/29

Mike C

Palm Coast

FL

24

9/29

Sinead G

West Midlands

UK

16

9/30

Jim M

Summerville

SC

6





2082 Total Years of Sobriety

__________________________________________________________________ 



 Drop a Buck in the Basket?


PayPal PayPal.com/paypalme/donationforYDR

or

Venmo @yourdailyreprieve



The cost to mail Your Daily Reprieve

just went up to $200 a month!!


Thank you everyone for your generous contributions.


As Bill Sees It


September 29

A.A. In Two Words, p.271


All A.A. progress can be reckoned in terms of just two words: humility and responsibility. Our whole spiritual development can be accurately measured by our degree of adherence to these magnificent standards.


“Ever deepening humility, accompanied by an ever greater willingness to accept and to act upon clear-cut obligations–these are truly our touchstones for all growth in the life of the spirit. They hold up to us the very essence of right being and right doing. It is by them that we are enabled to find and to do God’s will.” 


Talk, 1965 (Printed In Grapevine, January 1966)



TWENTY-FOUR HOURS


September 29


A.A. Thought For The Day

Having got this far, shall we pause and ask ourselves some searching questions? We need to check up on ourselves periodically. Just how good an A.A. am I? Am I attending meetings regularly? Am I doing my share to carry the load? When there is something to be done, do I volunteer? Do I speak at meetings when asked, no matter how nervous I am? Do I accept each opportunity to do twelfth-step work as a challenge? Do I give freely of my time and money? Am I trying to spread A.A. wherever I go? Is my daily life a demonstration of A.A. principles? Am I a good A.A.?


Meditation For The Day

How do I get strength to be effective and to accept responsibility? By asking the Higher Power for the strength I need each day. It has been proved in countless lives that for every day I live the necessary power shall be given me. I must face each challenge that comes to me during the day, sure that God will give me the strength to face it. For every task that is given me, there is also given me all the power necessary for the performance of that task. I do not need to hold back.


Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may accept every task as a challenge. I know I cannot wholly fail if God is with me.


A Day At A Time


September 29


Reflection For The Day

In our first weeks or months in The Program, our shaky emotional condition sometimes affects our feelings toward old friends and family. For many of us, these relationships heal quickly in the initial stages of our recovery. For others, a time of “touchiness” seems to persist; now that we’re no longer drinking or using other chemicals, we have to sort out our feelings about spouse, children, relatives, employer, fellow workers, and even neighbors. Experience in The Program over the years has taught that we should avoid making important decisions early in our recovery — especially emotion-charged decisions about people. Am I becoming better equipped to relate maturely to other people?


Today I Pray

May God help me through the edginess, the confusion of re-feeling and re-thinking my relationships, the “getting-it-all-together” stages of my recovery. May I not rush into new relationships or new situations that demand and investment of my emotions — not yet.


Today I Will Remember

No entangling alliances too soon.



DAILY THOUGHTS

___________________________________________________________

^*^*^*^*^

(\~AA~/)

(  \(AA)/  )

(_ /AA\ _)

/AA\

^*^*^*^*^


Delusion


"We learned that we had to fully concede to our innermost selves that we were alcoholics. This is the first step in recovery. The delusion that we were like other people, or presently may be, has to be smashed."


1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 17




Thought to Consider . . . 


There is no such thing as being "a little bit alcoholic."



*~*AACRONYMS*~*


C A R E


Comforting And Reassuring Each other


D E N I A L

Don't Even Notice I Am Lying


___________________________________________________________



DAILY REFLECTION


September 29

EXACTLY ALIKE

Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.
-ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 89

A man came to the meeting drunk, interrupted the speakers, stood up and took his shirt off, staggered loudly back and forth for coffee, demanded to talk, and eventually called the group’s secretary an unquotable name and walked out. I was glad he was there–once again I saw what I still could be. I don’t have to be drunk to want to be the exception and the center of attention. I have often felt abused and responded abusively when I was simply being treated as a garden variety human being. The more the man tried to insist he was different, the more I realized that he and I were exactly alike.




POT LUCK


Daily TAO

September 29


DETERMINATION


Lady butterfly, I saw you a week ago.

Now you are back, With your lover,

In tandem flights

And helical tangents:

How many times

You return gladly!


In the legends there is the story of the butterfly lovers. They loved each other so much that even in death, their hearts were fixed faithfully upon one another. In honor of their devotion to each other, the gods changed them into butterflies and let them come back together in reincarnation after reincarnation.


Would that all of us could manifest such determination and faith to what we loved!





Excellent Resource

Blogs, Audio and Video Articles

(Note: I have not as yet verified the below links)

https://takethe12.org/

 

***************************

 

"AA Recovery Interviews" Podcast

https://aarecoveryinterviews.com

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/


 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 


***************************

 

AA Membership Survey 2022

Alcoholics Anonymous 2022 Membership Survey | Alcoholics Anonymous

 

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 ***************************

 

DR. PAUL O.

There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking

(Audio Book)

Introduction

http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I

http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II

http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III

http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV

http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8






** AA CDs Literature and tapes**

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

  

***************************



**ZOOM MEETINGS**

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

***************************

 

**ARCHIVES**



AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE



A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

BIG BOOK for DUMMIES

Big Book for Dummies - YouTube

 

https://bit.ly/4xHU0QA



*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.




 RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK

Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)

Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt



***************************


**MEDITATIONS**


Loving Kindness Meditations

 With Music

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****


Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

MOOJI GUIDED Meditation

http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v

 

***************************

 

**PODCASTS**


https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast



***************************

  

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 


*************************** 


Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst


 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

Miscellaneous Sources


Note from the Editor


Thanks for all the reply emails. Due to my schedule I am sadly lacking time to respond to each one. I would still love to hear from all of you and to get your Sobriety Anniversary and if possible your City/State/Country so that I can be sure to add you to the Birthday's List each month. I will do my best to find times on the weekend to review and respond to as many as possible.


Also, I respect that some of you may not see a value in the 'Your Daily Reprieve' email since our friend Tom passes on to the BIG MEETING, so I encourage you to let me know how you feel I might be able to better reach you with the daily email.


Update 2: Responding to a few comments, I have done by best to reduce the lengthliness of the email, by returning to the original format Tom had been using last year. I do hope that this will be a good change for everyone.


SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
FacebookShare This Email
TwitterShare This Email
LinkedInShare This Email

If you would like to modify/update your contact profile, please click on the below "Update Profile" Hyperlink. There are some new fields in your contact profile for Sobriety Date, Homegroup, and Meeting Day(s)/Time(s).



If we can get all the Sobriety Dates and City/State or City/Country information put into the system, it will make compiling the Anniversary (Birthday) list much easier.

Your Daily Reprieve | 1427 County Rd GG | New Richmond, WI 54017 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 01.19.26