Your Daily Reprieve 08.02.26
|
Your Daily Reprieve for Sunday August
2, 2026 From Waynesville, NC |
|
“The
fellowship in AA is unique. Ties are made overnight that it would take years
to develop elsewhere. No one needs a false front. All barriers are down. Some
who have felt outcasts all their lives now know they really belong. From
feeling as if they were dragging anchor though life, they suddenly sail free
before the wind.” Lois W.,
February 1950 Be brave
enough to live creatively. The
creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort
and go into the wilderness of your intuition.
You cannot get there by bus, only by hard work, risking, and by not
quite knowing what you are doing. What
you will discover will be wonderful:
yourself. -Alan Alda Peace,
like charity, begins at home. -Franklin
D. Roosevelt We need to
affirm and cling to the truth that God’s omnipresent spirit is intimately
with and within each of us. Our God is
big enough to care for world peace and all of the world’s bigger
problems—though our efforts are absolutely critical—and small enough,
intimate enough, to care for you and me and our yearnings for inner and
interpersonal peace. -Gary Egeberg |
|
Big Book
Quote Yes, there is a
substitute and it is vastly more than that. It is a fellowship in Alcoholics
Anonymous. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your
imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most
satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. Thus we find the fellowship,
and so will you. P152 |
|
Daily Share! AA Speaker of the Day TONI CURRY Atlanta, GA @13th Tampa Bay Fall Roundup 1999 |
|
Celebrate Your Anniversary
Here SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT
WORKS!! AUGUST 2026 Miracles 8/1 Michael K……16 8/1 Anne R. …..1 8/2 Gary K. (Kelowna,
BC)…..57 8/3 Patti T. (CT Shoreline)…..38 8/7 Sherri R. (Panama City, FL)…..2 8/8 David T. (Newmarket, NH)…..44 8/8 Lisa L. (Leicester, NC)…..11 8/8 Donna S. (Rockledge, FL)…..18 8/15 Siobhan (NYC)…..27 8/17 Susan D. …..2 8/19 Jessica L. (Stamford, CT)…..41 8/21 Brendan Mc. (Nantucket, MA)…..2 8/22 Jackie Y. (California)…..32 8/22 Tina (Port Charlotte, FL)…..1 8/23 Bee N. (Montesinos, Spain)…..34 8/24 Marilyn R. (Sarasota, FL)…..31 8/25 John P. (Mallorca, Spain)…..7 8/30 Chris B. (Sandwich, NH)…..34 0398 Total Years Of Sobriety Drop a Buck in the Basket? PayPal paypal.me/TomMurphy Venmo @Tom-Murphy-160 |
|
12&12 Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory
of ourselves."
|
|
Twenty-Four Hours A.A. Thought For The Day |
|
Daily Thought
(\
~~ /) (
\(AA)/ ) (_ /AA\ _) /
AA \ ^*^*^*^*^ Friendship
|
|
Daily Reflection WE
BECOME WILLING . . . At
the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this
is not an end in itself. ALCOHOLICS
ANONYMOUS, p. 77 How
easily I can become misdirected in approaching the Eighth
Step! I wish to be free, somehow transformed by my Sixth
and Seventh Step work. Now, more than ever, I am vulnerable
to my own self-interest and hidden agenda. I am careful
to remember that self-satisfaction, which sometimes comes
through the spoken forgiveness of those I have harmed,
is not my true objective. I become willing to make amends,
knowing that through this process I am mended and
made fit to move forward, to know and desire God's will
for me. |
|
Pot Luck
After doing Steps Four and Five in my recovery program, I’m
spiritually and emotionally tired. (They were especially hard to do given the
shame and guilt I have felt in my depression.) I don’t much feel like making
any more changes in Steps Six and Seven. Haven’t I made enough changes by
getting stable and abstinent? And yet, how can I stop now? As I’m learning in the program, I
work Steps Four and Five so I’m free to make these changes in myself. I know
it will not be easy, but I need to begin to let go of the parts of my
personality that cause me trouble—the parts that, in recovery, no longer
help. I need to become open to change in Step Six and then invite change
in Step Seven. With strength from my Higher Power, I can do this much and
trust the results. Today I will pray for the courage to allow myself to be
changed through my Higher Power
|
|
Wee Willie’s Sobriety First Media AA CD’s Literature and tapes https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference In response to a
Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference regarding any possible
future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders, that committee agreed it would be beneficial
to gather shared experience from the Fellowship
regarding this topic. Questionaire How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings? DR. PAUL O. ZOOM MEETINGS Loose
Garment Group https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518 Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900 ID: 238 977 518 PW: 004 394 ARCHIVES AA World Service Board Meeting
Highlights A New
Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at: https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js Bill
Schaberg Writing The Big Book Video Readings https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
organization. OUR MISSION STOP SUISILENCE The avoidance of discussion about
suicide Our goal is to raise awareness of the
military suicide epidemic. RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt **NEW MEDITATIONS** http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/ **Podcasts** https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast 12 Step
Meditations These are 12 meditations, each about 12 minutes long and the
content (other than the meditation
instructions) are straight from the text of the big
book and 12 & 12 (created by Matt H.) Speaker Recordings Wee Willie’s Sobriety First Media AA CD’s Literature and tapes https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst ***** The Lights are On AA Speaker Tapes http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes Recovery Speakers |
Comments
Post a Comment