Your Daily Reprieve 07.27.26
|
Your Daily Reprieve for Monday July 27, 2024 From Waynesville, NC |
|
"That deep longing
that you keep dismissing as impractical, may be the very thing your soul is
calling you to do." ~Renae A.Sauter Deer appear, or they
don’t. If you are at the right place
at the right moment, you will see them, perhaps even very close at hand. But once you try to touch them, they
flee. So, I discovered, it is with the
comings and goings of the Spirit of God.
If I wait, quietly going about the tasks of my day, I might glimpse a
trace of His activity in my life, a subtle sign that He is just beyond the
edge of my vision. -Karen Karper A woman complained to a
visiting friend that her neighbor was a poor housekeeper. “You should see how dirty her children
are—and her house. It is almost a
disgrace to be living in the same neighborhood as her. Take a look at those clothes she has hung
out on the line. See the black streaks
on the sheets and towels!” The friend
walked up to the window and said, “I think the clothes are quite clean, my
dear. The streaks are on your
window.” -Anthony DeMello We rise by raising others —and those who stoop above
the fallen, stand erect. -Robert G. Ingersoll |
|
Big Book Quote Faced with alcoholic
destruction, we soon became as open minded on spiritual matters as we had
tried to be on other questions. In this respect alcohol was a great
persuader. It finally beat us into a state of reasonableness. P48 |
|
Daily Share! AA Speaker of the Day TAMI F. Olathe, KS @Northeast Johnson Cty Group Overland Park, KS |
|
Celebrate Your Anniversary
Here SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT
WORKS!! JULY2024 Miracles 7/1 Will S. (Shamokin, Dam, PA)…..9 7/1 Ida C. …..18 7/1 Matt S. …..8 7/2 Estelle L. (Palm Coast, FL)…..6 7/2 Rosann (Mayo, Ireland)…..32 7/4 Malcolm S. (Waynesville/Vero Beach)…..41 7/4 Walter L. (Wells, ME)…..18 7/4 Chris D. (Bristol, VT)…..38 7/4 Rob F. (Wading River, NY)…..22 7/4 Dave S. (Gulf Breeze, FL)…..41 7/6 Ron L. (Kittery, ME)…..40 7/6 John B. (Supply, NC)…..5 7/6 Murdoch G. (Nova Scotia, CA)…..14 7/6 Michael R. (Floral Park/Bethpage,
NY)…..36 7/6 Don T. (Palm Coast, FL)…..31 7/6 Francis G. (Dallas, TX)…..39 7/7 Pete C. (Yulee, FL)…..18 7/7 Sam F. (Sarasota, FL)…..25 7/7 Jeanne S. (NYC)…..3 7/9 David S. (Commack, NY)…..11 7/10 Richie S. (New Palz, NY)…..51 7/10 David S. (Longboat Key, FL)…..23 7/10 Laura A. (Columbus, OH)…..9 7/11 Doug G. (Stamford, CT)…..12 7/11 Joanie T. (NYC)…..43 7/12 Jan K. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..28 7/13 Jill M. (Elmont, NY)….. 7/13 Ciaran G. (Yonkers, NY)…..7 7/13 Eleanor McM. (Far Hills, NJ)…..14 7/13 Rick S.(Victor, ID)…..36 7/13 Liz K. (Nantucket, MA)…..13 7/13 Linda C. (Jensen Beach, FL)…..50 7/14 Petermac (Australia)…..27 7/15 Robin G. (Edison, NJ)…..9 7/15 Michelle A. (Wading River, NY)…..22 7/15 Erika S. (Yulee, FL)…..20 7/16 Jack S. (Franklin Sq., NY)…..31 07/17 Damian D. …..36 7/18 Lisa S. (Sarasota, FL)…..26 7/19 Murielle I. (Victoria, BC, Canada)…..21 7/19 Louise H. …..14 7/19 Jake M. (Tucson, AZ)…..4 7/21 Deborah C. (Corvallis, MT)…..23 7/21 Jeffrey M. (Montreal, CA)…..23 7/21 Jose M. (Weehawken, NJ)…..9 7/22 Mark H. …..6 7/22 Sandy S. (Winchester , UK)…..9 7/23 Jamie G. (WPB)…..9 7/23 Susan S. …..43 7/24 Rick R. (Danbury CT)…..17 7/26 Jeff U. (Calabash, NC)…..23 7/27
Don K. (Bedminster, NJ)…..39 7/27
Lisa C. (Liverpool, England)…..10 7/27
David M. (San Francisco, CA)…..21 7/27
Jimmy G. (Louisville, KY)…..41 7/27
Noel C.(Montgomery, TX)…..43 7/28 Mark L. (Lamoine, ME)…..34 7/28 Tom L. (Portland, ME)…..11 7/28 Chris F. (Rockland, ME)…..42 7/28 Ed H. (Weehawken, NJ)…..18 7/29 Linda S. (Oberlin, OH)…..42 7/29 Kevin T. (Clearwater, FL)…..42 7/29 Wynter P. (Madison, CT)…..35 7/29 Margo H. 27 7/30 Davis H. (Manitowish Waters, WI)…..28 1537 Total Years of Sobriety Drop a Buck in the Basket? PayPal paypal.me/TomMurphy Venmo @Tom-Murphy-160 |
|
12&12
|
|
Twenty-Four Hours A.A. Thought For The Day
|
|
Daily Thought ^*^*^*^*^ |
|
Daily Reflection GIVING FREELY We will make every personal sacrifice necessary to insure the unity of Alcoholics Anonymous. We will do this because we have learned to love God and one another. A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 234 To be self-supporting through my own contributions was never a strong characteristic during my days as a practicing alcoholic. The giving of time or money always demanded a price tag. As a newcomer I was told "we have to give it away in order to keep it." As I began to adopt the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous in my life, I soon found it was a privilege to give to the Fellowship as an expression of the gratitude I felt in my heart. My love of God and of others became the motivating factor in my life, with no thought of return. I realize now that giving freely is God's way of expressing Himself through
me |
|
Pot Luck
GOD-PLAYING "I determine who is a Jew." --Herman Goring Playing God. How well I remember this attitude in my drinking
days when, because I had said it, it must be so! Arrogance and
pride kept me lonely and isolated. Today my spiritual program teaches me to "play" God
in a different way. It requires that I seek to discover the values I
associate with God and live them out in my own life. Because I believe that God
is loving and accepting, I seek to reveal these qualities in my daily
associations. It makes no sense to worship a God of truth if I continue the
life of "the liar". Belief must determine change. As a recovering alcoholic I seek to "play" God in
the joy, acceptance and love I show to myself and other people. However, I know
(oh how I know!) that I am not God! Let my statements always be open to the "pure light"
of change.
|
|
Wee Willie’s Sobriety First Media AA CD’s Literature and tapes https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference In response to a
Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference regarding any possible
future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders, that committee agreed it would be beneficial
to gather shared experience from the Fellowship
regarding this topic. Questionaire How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings? DR. PAUL O. ZOOM MEETINGS Loose
Garment Group https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518 Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900 ID: 238 977 518 PW: 004 394 ARCHIVES AA World Service Board Meeting
Highlights A New
Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at: https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js Bill
Schaberg Writing The Big Book Video Readings https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
organization. OUR MISSION STOP SUISILENCE The avoidance of discussion about
suicide Our goal is to raise awareness of the
military suicide epidemic. RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt **NEW MEDITATIONS** http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/ **Podcasts** https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast 12 Step
Meditations These are 12 meditations, each about 12 minutes long and the
content (other than the meditation
instructions) are straight from the text of the big
book and 12 & 12 (created by Matt H.) Speaker Recordings Wee Willie’s Sobriety First Media AA CD’s Literature and tapes https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst ***** The Lights are On AA Speaker Tapes http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes Recovery Speakers |
Comments
Post a Comment