Your Daily Reprieve 11.29.23

 

 

 

Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday November 29, 2023

 

From Waynesville, NC

 

 

Living life fully doesn't mean having it all, going everywhere, doing everything, and being all things to all people.  Many of us are beginning to see that too much is too much. ~Elaine St. James

 

 

We know most days will be regular days.  Our lives will include some highlight days that stay with us forever, like family celebrations or personal triumphs, but almost every day this year will be a regular day, with nothing particularly astounding about it.  Yet within these regular days are many opportunities for enjoyment, many of which we don’t even think about or really appreciate.  Take a moment every day to think about the simple pleasures of your daily life.   -David Niven

 

 

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.   

~Melody Beattie

 

 

In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.  It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others.     -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

 

 

 

 

 

Big Book Quote

 

“Both you and the new man must walk day by day in the path of

spiritual progress. If you persist, remarkable things will happen.”

 

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 100~

 

 

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

 

 

 

 

Daily Share!

 

AA Speaker of the Day

 

CHRIS SCHROEDER

MYERS RAMER

@Austin TX

Part Five

11.2012

 

https://bit.ly/3uoU3o1

 

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

 

 

ZOOM MEETINGS

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

M-F 12:00 EST (NY)

Monday…BB

Friday….12 & 12

T-W-TH….Discussion

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

 

 

 

 

 

Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

 

November  2023 Miracles

 

11/01 Roy K. …..44

11/01 Pat B. (Cape San Blas, FL)…..16

11/01 Ann K. (Bend, OR)…..28

11/01 Tina R. (London, UK)…..7

11/02 Liz L. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..16

11/03 DeWayne C. (Union City, MI)…..24

11/03 Brendan H. (Brooklyn, NY)…..9

11/03 Marybeth F. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..9

11/04 Pat O’D. (Boston, MA)…..43

11/04 Lou L. (Smithtown, NY)…..27

11/05 Kent L. (Silverdale, WA)…..38

11/05 Donna M. (Methuen, MA)…..17

11/05 Christopher E. (Sarasota, FL)…..4

11/6 Brownie (Burlington VT)…..38

11/06 Jaime P. (So. Orange, NJ)…..6

11/06 Nancy J. (The Villages, F)…..13

11/07 Harry D. (Hampstead, NH)…..32

11/07 Craig S, (Vero Beach, FL)…..18

11/8 John E. (Nantucket, MA)…..1

11/09 Matt K. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..13

11/10 Neal C. (Peconic, NY)…..8

11/11 Lee J. (Kailua, Kona, HI)…..34

11/11Donna O’C. (Long Island, NY)…..27

11/11 Mary Kate G. …..1

11/13 Joe J. (Ludlow, VT)…..18

11/13 Daniel S. (Carbondale, IL)…..34

11/15 Ned W. (Portland, ME)…..38

11/15 Ed C. (Lauderdale by the Sea, FL)…..2

11/16 Robert M. (Stuart, FL)…..39

11/16 Jayne W.(Bermuda)…..38

11/16 Monte M. (Conway, NH)…..19

11/16 Bob S. (Amesbury, MA)…..13

11/17 Peter F. (Taunton, MA)…..4

11/17 Tray B. (Waynesville, NC)…..8

11/21 Laine C. …..1

11/21 Nick G. (Adelaide, Australia)…..1

11/21 Grace H. (Falmouth, MA)…..1

11/21 Kirk M. (Houston, TX)…..18

11/22 PJV (Boston, MA)…..3

11/22 Ann F. (Madison, CT)…..48

11/22 Terry S. (Maui, HI)…..6

11/22 Brandi A. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..10

11/22 Eileen M. (Sarasota, FL)…..2

11/22 Kelley B. (St. Petersburg, FL)…..41

11/23 Judy Ann H. (NY)…..20

11/23 Donna B. (Hampton, NH)…..43

11/23 Clayton C. …..20

11/23 Colleen M.(Clayton, NC)…..6

11/24 Ray G. …..55

11/24 Peter V. (Kittery, ME)…..43

11/24 Imogen (London, UK)…..20

11/24 John P. …..16

11/25 Lucy K. (Boulder, CO)…..26

11/26 Pamela B. (Summerfield, FL)…..39

11/28 Doug B. (Tequesta, FL)…..26

11/28 Hendy H, (Islington, MA)…..50

11/28 Chuck McA. (Davidson, NC)…..5

11/29 Debbie M. (Bedford, MA)…..10

11/29 Bob W. (Concord, NH)…..29

11/30 Peter B.(New York , NY)…..33

11/30 Dave C. (Methuen, MA)…..26

11/25 Lucy K. (Boulder, CO)…..26

 

1275 Total Years of Sobriety

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12&12

 

Tradition Four - "Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or A.A. as a whole."

Thus it was that under Tradition Four an A.A. group had exercised its right to be wrong. Moreover, it had performed a great service for Alcoholics Anonymous, because it had been humbly willing to apply the lessons it learned. It had picked itself up with a laugh and gone on to better things. Even the chief architect, standing in the ruins of his dream, could laugh at himself - and that is the very acme of humility.

p. 149

 

 

Twenty-Four Hours

 

A.A. Thought For The Day

The A.A. way is the way of sobriety, and yet there are
slips. Why do these slips occur? Why don't we all accept
A.A. and stay sober from then on? There are many reasons,
but it has been proven without exception that once we have
become alcoholics we can never drink successfully again.
This has never been disproved by any case we know of. Many
alcoholics have tried drinking after a period of sobriety
from a few days to a few years and no one that we know of
has been successful in becoming a normal drinker. Could I be
the only exception to this rule?

Meditation For The Day

"We are gathered together in Thy name." First, we are
gathered together, bound by a common loyalty to God and
to each other. Then, when this condition has been fulfilled,
God is present with us. Then, when God is there and one
with us, we voice a common prayer. Then it follows that our
prayer will be answered according to God's will. Then, when
our prayer is answered, we are bound together in a lasting
brotherhood of the spirit.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may be loyal to God and my fellow men. I pray
that my life today may be lived close to His and theirs.

 

 

NEW Link of interest

 

RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK
Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)
Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt

 

 

 

Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(AA)/     )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Self-will

"The first requirement is that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success. On that basis we are almost always in collision with something or somebody, even though our motives are good. Most people try to live by self-propulsion. Each person is like an actor who wants to run the whole show; is forever trying to arrange the lights, the ballet, the scenery and the rest of the players in his own way. If his arrangements would only stay put, if only people would do as he wished, the show would be great. Everybody, including himself, would be pleased.  Life would be wonderful."
c.1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 60-61


Thought to Consider . . .
Rule 62: 

"Don't take yourself too damn seriously."

 


*~*AACRONYMS*~*

P R I D E
Pretty Ridiculous Individual Directing Everything

 

Daily Reflection

 

"ACTIVE GUARDIANS"

To us, however, it represents far more than a sound public

relations policy. It is more than a denial of self-seeking.

This Tradition is a constant and practical reminder that

personal ambition has no place in A A. In it, each member

becomes an active guardian of our Fellowship.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 183

 

The basic concept of humility is expressed in the Eleventh

Tradition: it allows me to participate completely in the

program in such a simple, yet profound, manner; it fulfills

my need to be an integral part of a significant whole.

Humility brings me closer to the actual spirit of

togetherness and oneness, without which I could not stay

sober. In remembering that every member is an example of

sobriety, each one living the Eleventh Tradition, I am able

to experience freedom because each one of us is

anonymous.




 

Pot Luck

 


The Wisdom of the Rooms

"Become willing."

 

I wanted a lot of things before recovery, but I wasn’t willing to do much to get them. Instead, I had an inflated opinion of myself and what I thought I deserved. When I started a new job, within a couple of weeks I thought I knew enough to be running the company. In school, I felt I should be teaching the class, not taking notes. And in most social situations, I was better than and knew more than you. To say I was difficult to be around is putting it mildly.


When I started attending meetings, I felt I should have been given an award for staying sober for a week. When I read the Twelve Steps, I didn’t think Step Four really applied to me, and Step Nine was out of the question. My new sponsor suggested I stay focused on the First Step. When I started whining about following direction, he asked me if I could become willing. In those situations where I couldn’t, he recommended I pray for the willingness to become willing.


It took many years to shed my sense of entitlement, but now I’ve gained an important tool: willingness. Today, I know that if I want something—a more fulfilling career, more serene relationships, and a more spiritual perspective on my life—then I can have them as long as I become willing to put in the time and effort to work toward them. And even today, if I balk at what it might take, I can still pray for the willingness to become willing.

 

 

 

 

*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

 

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.

 

 

RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK
Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)
Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt

 

**NEW MEDITATIONS**

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

 

**Podcasts**

https://boiledowlaa.org/

https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast

 

 

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations, each about 12 minutes long and the content (other than the meditation instructions) are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

*****

 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

AA Speaker Tapes

http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

 

ARCHIVES

 

 

**NEW**

12 Step Meditations

 

www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations, each about 12 minutes long and the content (other than the meditation instructions) are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

 

Daily Meditations Group Home

http://groups.google.com/group/Your_Daily_Reprieve?hl=en

 

 

Daily Meditations Archive

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/7AMmeeting/

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/

 

 

 

To be added, email

 

 

AA Membership Survey

http://www.aa.org/pdf/products/p-48_membershipsurvey.pdf

 

 

 

Meditation Resources

 

http://www.peterrussell.com/TV/3Min.php

 

*****

 

Loving Kindness Meditations

 

With Music

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****

Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22

 

 

 

Resources

 

Great Minds Quotes

https://twitter.com/GreatestQuotes

 

 

Twenty Four Hours a Day

Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics

throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),

this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.

A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.

Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

 

Tammy’s recovery links

http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/

 

NEW!

 

 

AA Photo Archives

http://www.rewritables.net/cybriety/aa_photos.htm

 

Heard at A Meeting

https://twitter.com/heardinameeting

 

Breast Cancer Site

Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

 

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER

America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group

and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

http://malecare.org/

 

Big Book Quotes

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BigBookQuotes/

 

The Universe

https://www.facebook.com/scherie.dee

 

Prayables

http://prayables.org/

 

 

 

As We See It (AWSI)

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AsWeSeeIt/

 

 

Keep It Simple

Hazelden Meditations

 

ePrayer

http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

 

Daily Thought

http://groups.google.com/group/TransitionsDaily

 

Speaker Recordings

http://storiesofrecovery.org/Workshops.htm

 

Wisdom of the Room

http://www.theWisdomoftheRooms.com

 

 

To comment or to unsubscribe:

 

Tom Murphy

C 508.221.8896

txm1@comcast.net

 

2828 Forest Circle

Jacksonville, FL

32257

 

PASS IT ON

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 10.30.25