Your Daily Reprieve 01.31.22

 

 

 

Your Daily Reprieve for Monday  January 31,  2022

 

From Jacksonville, FL

 

 

Growth begins when we start to accept our own weaknesses.

Jean Vanier

 

You have not lived a perfect
day, even though you have
earned your money, unless
you have done something
for someone who will never
be able to repay you.
~Ruth Smeltzer

 

 

Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.
~Albert Schweitzer

 

“The other day, I sent an AA friend on a job interview. He went to the wrong address and he lost the man's name. In another office, he stated his purpose, was offered a job, and came back with one better than the job I sent him to look for.”

~Grapevine: Wayne, Pennsylvania, June 1984,

 

Big Book Quote

 

"We feel we are on the Broad Highway, walking hand in hand with the

Spirit of the Universe."

 

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, Page 75~

 

 

 

 

 

Daily Share!

 

AA Speaker of the Day

 

GENE DUFFY

Pacific Group

12.10.88

 

https://bit.ly/3zZI4Mo

 

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

 

 

 

 

 

Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

 

January 2022 Anniversaries

 

1/1 Kay S. (Palm Bay, FL)…..55

1/1 Terri M. (Pleasant Hill, CA)…..45

1/1 Bob V. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..38

1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..33

1/1 Severine H. (Sacramento, CA)…..5

1/1 Joseph K. (Daphne, AL)…..1

1/1 Deirdre K. (Madison, NJ)…..17

1/1 Gerry K. (Purcellville, VA)…..22

1/1 Lauren B. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..4

1/1 Joe C. (N.S., Canada)…..21

1/1 Terrance R. (Morris Plains,NJ)…..28

1/2 Bob C. (Jacksonville, FL)…..32

1/2 Tara H. (New York.NY)…..7

1/2  Gregory B. (NYC, NY)…..10

1/2 Rick Q. (Jupiter, FL)…..11

1/3 Roger (Eelground First Nation)…..46

1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..44

1/3 Andrew C. (Southampton, UK)…..1

1/4 Kejinhp (Rhode Island)…..31

1/4 Michael M.(Huntersville, NC)…..1

1/4 Nick M. (Asheville, NC)…..28

1/4 Nina C. (Hudson, NY)…..7

1/5 Tim G. (Dallas,TX)…..10

1/6 Skinny (Jacksonville,FL)…..16

1/6 Ann O’K. (Stuart, FL/Greenwich, CT)…..43

1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..16

1/6 George R. (Stratham, NH)…..10

1/6 Matthew F. (Jupiter, FL)…..3

1/6 Coreen D. (Jupiter, FL)…..16

1/7 Michelle S. (Canton, MI)…..1

1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..24

1/7 Patrick M. (Bermuda, HM/Boston)…..10

1/7 Liz O. (NYC)…..18

1/7 Ray W. (Long Island)…..10

1/7 Luke T. (Nantucket, MA)…..3

17 Alexis E. (Devon,UK)…..20

1/8 Jill W. (Stuart, FL)…..33

1/8 Lisa B. (Watertown, MN)…..1

1/8 Alan J. (Woodstock, NY)…..14

1/8 Harry B. (Port Washington, NY)…..17

1/18 Karen R. (Wildwood, TN)…..8

1/8 Alan H. (Gainesville, GA)…..6

1/8 Lou (Sarasota, FL)…..9

1/8 Debbie F. (Ft Pierce, FL)…..2

1/9 Terry P. (Mt Airy, MD)…..20

1/9 Tefft W. (Washington, DC)…..37

1/9 Ginger E. (Seven Lakes, NC)…..13)…..

1/10 Tim S. (Rownhams, UK)…..16

1/10 Kelly S. (Methuen, MA)…..33

1/10 Paula B. (Charleston, SC)…..39

1/10 Janice E. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..22

1/11 Alex M. (Ft. Worth, TX)…..2

1/11 Larry H. (Leesburg, FL)…..15

1/12 Padraic O. (Whistler, Canada)…..9

1/12 David F. (Calgary, AB)…..9

1/12 Shahab N. (Bethesda, MD)…..19

1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..9

1/13 Robbie H. (VA/FL)…..40

1/13 John E. (Reading, UK)…..7

1/13 Brian G. (Ridgewood, NJ)…..32

1/13 Linda H. (Tamuning,Guam)…..20

1/13 Adair B. (Amarillo, TX)…..1

1/14 Dot C. (MASS)…..9

1/14 Glenda Mc (Leesburg,FL)…..44

1/14 Doug H. (Pahrump, NM)…..1

1/15 Martha B. (Palm Coast, FL)…..33

1/15 Steve D. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..10

1/15 Sue J. (Palm Coast, FL)…..12

1/15 Mary Ellen McG (Salisbury MA)…..3

1/15 Matthew R. (Pensacola, FL)…..3

1/15 Allison V. (Hampton, NH)…..1

1/16 Bonni S. (Charleston, SC)…..37

1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)….17

1/17 Helen C. (Dover, UK)…..50

1/17 Scott M. (Ashley Falls, MA)…..8

117 Dennis D. …..11

1/17 Warren L. (Smithtown, NY)…..38

1/18 Paul O’N. (Wicklow, Ireland)…..11

1/18 Karen R. (Wildwood, TN)…..8

1/18 Simon S. (NYC)…..1

1/19 Bill W. (Sun City Center, FL)…..26

1/19 Alan S. (Hiawassee, GA)…..9

1/19 Carol L. (Aspen, CO)…..31

1/19 Don L (Delray Beach, FL)…..39

1/20 Dan D. (Ruskin, FL)…..14

1/20 Deryn K. (Seymour, TN)…..29

1/20 Rick S. (Sarasota, FL)…..37

1/21 Levi S. (London, UK)…..7

1/21 Steve F. (Winter Park, FL)…..43

1/21 Heather N. (Wylie, TX)…..25

1/21 Ben H. (Washington, DC)…..30

1/22 Keith B. (Stuart, FL)…..24

1/22 Brian Mc. (Mahwah, NJ)…..38

1/22 Stacey C. (Austin, TX)…..15

1/23 Richard S. (Manhattan/Florida)…..45

1/23 Sandra S. (Long Island, NY)…..17

1/23 Susie S. (Lagarto, TX)…..27

1/23 Mike C.(Solon, OH)…..7

1/23 Jay OD (East Milton, MA)…..12

1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY)…..30

1/24 Jimmy Mc. (Bradenton, FL)…..40

1/24 Glen C. (Adelaide, Australia)…..6

1/25 PJ C. (Bel Air, MD)…..7

1/25 Steve L. (Starke, FL)…..4

1/26 Chip M. (Middletown, RI)…..35

1/26 Dana R. (Madison,CT)…..7

1/27 Noel G. (Nashville, TN)…..15

1/27 Iris F. (Naples, FL)…..24

1/28 Lisa G. (Manasqan, NY)…..10

1/29 Sandra C. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..46

1/29 Regina M. (Sea Cliff, NY)…..12

1/29Jane F. (Vero Beach, FL)…..15

1/30 John G. (Bedford, MA)…..22

1/31 Pat B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..34

1/31 Bob P. (Jacksonville, NC)…..38

1/31 Kim J. (Streator, IL)…..11

1/31 Diane B. (Cape Cod, MA)…..29

1/31 Gerard R. (Woodstock, NY)…..36

 

 

 

2217  Total Years of Sobriety

 

 

 

 

 

 

12&12

 

Step Two - "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

Now we come to another kind of problem: the intellectually self-sufficient man or woman. To these, many A.A.'s can say, "Yes, we were like you--far too smart for our own good. We loved to have people call us precocious. We used our education to blow ourselves up into prideful balloons, though we were careful to hide this from others. Secretly, we felt we could float above the rest of the folks on our brainpower alone. Scientific progress told us there was nothing man couldn't do. Knowledge was all-powerful. Intellect could conquer nature. Since we were brighter than most folks (so we thought), the spoils of victory would be ours for the thinking. The god of intellect displaced the God of our fathers. But again John Barleycorn had other ideas. We who had won so handsomely in a walk turned into all-time losers. We saw that we had to reconsider or die. We found many in A.A. who once thought as we did. They helped us to get down to our right size. By their example they showed us that humility and intellect could be compatible, provided we placed humility first. When we began to do that, we received the gift of faith, a faith which works. This faith is for you, too."

pp. 29-30

 

Twenty-Four Hours

 

A.A. Thought For The Day

Drinking cuts you off from God. No matter how you were
brought up, no matter what your religion is, no matter
if you say you believe in God, nevertheless you build
up a wall between you and God by your drinking. You know
you're not living the way God wants you to. As a result,
you have that terrible remorse. When you come into A.A.,
you begin to get right with other people and with God. A
sober life is a happy life, because by giving up drinking
we've got rid of our loneliness and remorse. Do I have real
fellowship with other people and with God?

Meditation For The Day

I believe that all sacrifice and all suffering is of value
to me. When I am in pain, I am being tested. Can I trust
God, no matter how I feel? Can I say Thy will be done, no
matter how much I am defeated? If I can, my faith is real
and practical. It works in bad times as well as in good
times. The Divine Will is working in a way that is beyond
my finite mind to understand, but I can still trust in it.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may take my suffering in my stride. I pray
that I may accept pain and defeat as part of God's plan
for my spiritual growth.

 

 

Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^

(\    ~~    /)

(    \(AA)/    )

(_ /AA\ _)

/ AA \

^*^*^*^*^

Sponsors

 

Every sponsor is necessarily a leader. The stakes are huge. A human life, and usually the happiness of a whole family, hangs in the balance. What the sponsor does and says, how well he estimates the reactions of his prospects, how well he times and makes his presentation, how well he handles criticisms, and how well he leads his prospect on by personal spiritual example . . . well, these attributes of leadership can make all the difference, often the difference between life and death. Thank God that Alcoholics Anonymous is blessed with so much leadership in each and all of its great affairs!

Bill W., April 1959

c. 1988 AA Grapevine, The Language of the Heart,  p. 292 

 

Thought to Consider . . .

 

A recovering alcoholic without a sponsor is much like a ship without a rudder.

 

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

 

D U E S
Desperately Using Everything but the Steps





Daily Reflection

 

OUR COMMON WELFARE COMES FIRST

The unity of Alcoholics Anonymous is the most cherished

quality our Society has . . . We stay whole, or A. A. dies

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 129

 

Our Traditions are key elements in the ego deflation

process necessary to achieve and maintain sobriety in

Alcoholics Anonymous. The First Tradition reminds me

not to take credit, or authority, for my recovery. Placing

our common welfare first reminds me not to become a

healer in this program; I am still one of the patients. Selfeffacing

elders built the ward. Without it, I doubt I would

be alive. Without the group, few alcoholics would recover.

The active role in renewed surrender of will enables me

to step aside from the need to dominate, the desire for

recognition, both of which played so great a part in my

active alcoholism. Deferring my personal desires for the

greater good of group growth contributes toward A.A.

unity that is central to all recovery. It helps me to

remember that the whole is greater than the sum of all its

parts.

 

 

Pot Luck

 

 

"If you can’t learn to laugh at yourself, we’ll do it for you."

 

How serious everything seemed when I entered recovery. Overwhelmed by the problems I’d created, a home life that was in shambles, being unemployed and unemployable, I didn’t find very many things amusing. But the people in the rooms sure did. I often sat in amazement as one after another would share horrible experiences of things they’d done, or that had happened to them, while the room roared with laughter! What is wrong with these people? I thought.


The way that people were able to laugh and make fun of themselves made me uncomfortable to say the least. Still filled with the secret shame of my own experiences and thoughts, I was much too self-conscious to share or reveal myself. I was sure that if you knew what I had done, then you’d banish me from the rooms, and I’d have nowhere to go. Once again, just like when I was out there drinking, I felt trapped and alone.


Thank God I jumped into the middle of this program and got active. As I worked my way through the Steps and my life started to improve, I soon found myself identifying and laughing right along with everyone else. In fact, after a while I had enough distance and perspective on my life that I could even begin to see the humor in some of the humiliating situations my own warped way of thinking had gotten me into. I found I had developed compassion and empathy for myself, and this allowed me to laugh again—and what a gift that’s been.




 

 

 

 

**NEW MEDITATIONS**

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

 

**Podcasts**

https://boiledowlaa.org/

https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast

 

 

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations, each about 12 minutes long and the content (other than the meditation instructions) are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

 

Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

*****

 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

AA Speaker Tapes

http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

 

ARCHIVES

 

 

**NEW**

12 Step Meditations

 

www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations, each about 12 minutes long and the content (other than the meditation instructions) are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

 

Daily Meditations Group Home

http://groups.google.com/group/Your_Daily_Reprieve?hl=en

 

 

Daily Meditations Archive

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/7AMmeeting/

 

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/

 

 

 

Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook

It is a PRIVATE GROUP

https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdailyreprieve/

To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net

Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

 

Twitter

https://twitter.com/YourDailyReprie

 

 

AA Membership Survey

http://www.aa.org/pdf/products/p-48_membershipsurvey.pdf

 

 

 

Meditation Resources

 

http://www.peterrussell.com/TV/3Min.php

 

*****

 

Loving Kindness Meditations

 

With Music

 

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

 

 

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

 

*****

Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22

 

 

 

Resources

 

Great Minds Quotes

https://twitter.com/GreatestQuotes

 

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

http://www.whytehou se.com/big_ book_search/

 

Twenty Four Hours a Day

Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics

throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),

this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.

A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.

Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

 

Tammy’s recovery links

http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/

 

NEW!

Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:

Change Happens by Changing Your Perception

by Georgia Hughes

amazon.com/author/georgiahughes

 

 

AA Photo Archives

http://www.rewritables.net/cybriety/aa_photos.htm

 

Heard at A Meeting

https://twitter.com/heardinameeting

 

Breast Cancer Site

Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

 

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER

America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group

and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

http://malecare.org/

 

Big Book Quotes

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BigBookQuotes/

 

The Universe

https://www.facebook.com/scherie.dee

 

Prayables

http://prayables.org/

 

 

 

As We See It (AWSI)

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AsWeSeeIt/

 

 

Keep It Simple

Hazelden Meditations

 

ePrayer

http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

 

Daily Thought

http://groups.google.com/group/TransitionsDaily

 

Speaker Recordings

http://storiesofrecovery.org/Workshops.htm

 

Wisdom of the Room

http://www.theWisdomoftheRooms.com

 

 

To comment or to unsubscribe:

 

Tom Murphy

C 508.221.8896

txm1@comcast.net

Skype txmurphy

 

2828 Forest Circle

Jacksonville, FL

32257

 

PASS IT ON

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.05..26

Your Daily Reprieve 12.09.25

Your Daily Reprieve 10.30.25