Sunday, May 31, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 06.01.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Monday June 1, 2020

From Waynesville, NC



“When I took the Fifth Step with all the thoroughness I could muster,
the part of me that I feared the most no longer frightened me.”
~Grapevine: July 1980, “Short Takes,”, Step By Step

"The great malady of the twentieth century,
implicated in all of our troubles
and affecting us individually and socially
is 'loss of soul.'
When soul is neglected,
it doesn't just go away;
it appears symptomatically in obsessions,
addictions, violence, and loss of meaning."
~Thomas Moore, Care of the Soul


To be happy at any one point
we must have suffered at the same.
Never to suffer would have been
never to have been blessed.....
~POE

When you are inspired by some great purpose,
some extra-ordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds;
your mind transcends limitations,
your consciousness expands in every direction,
and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world.
Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive,
and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far
than you ever dreamed yourself to be.
~Patanjali




Big Book Quote


"It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to
futility and unhappiness. To the precise extent that we permit
these, do we squander the hours that might have been worth while."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 66~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day


NORM ALPI
Fresno, CA
D.O.S. 1954



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

June  2020 Miracles

6/1 Bob S. (Fallbrook, CA)…..35
6/2 Linda B. (Dallas, TX)…..40
6/2 Stan B. (Dallas, TX)…..40
6/4 Bob G. (Peapack, NJ)…..5
6/5 Patricia B. (Woodstock, NY)…..33
6/7 June 7 (Rockport, ON, Canada)…..13
6/7 Stephen B. (Somerset, MA)…..44
6/8 Steve H. (Cocoa, FL)…..3
6/09 Walter B. NY, NY…..40
6/09 Eileen G. NY, NY….47
6/10 Dave McD. (Hudson, FL)…..43
6/10 Peter B. (Cape Coral, FL)…..29
6/11 Cathy W. (Huntersville, NC)…..13
6/11 Lisa B. (Queens, NY)…..5
6/11 Kathy M. (Amesbury, MA)…..13
6/13 Eileen H. (Danvers, MA)…..33
5/15 Fran F. (Dover, DE)…..31
6/16 Eli L. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..1
6/17 Bruce S. (Squamish, BC, Canada)…..?
6/18 Annie T. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..1
6/18 Jane T. NY, NY….40
6/18 Jack H. NY, NY….10
6/23 Chris B. (E. Quogue, NY/Rockville, MD)…..7
6/24 Betsy F. (Stuart, FL)…..2
6/25 David C. (Martinsville, NJ)…..33
6/27 Steve V. (Jacksonville, FL)…..44
6/28 Eileen M. (NYC, NY)…..30
6/30 Karen B. (Lincolnton, NC)……6



0598 Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

Maybe there are as many definitions of spiritual awakening as there are people who have had them. But certainly each genuine one has something in common with all the others. And these things which they have in common are not too hard to understand. When a man or a woman has a spiritual awakening, the most important meaning of it is that he has now become able to do, feel, and believe that which he could not do before on his unaided strength and resources alone. He has been granted a gift which amounts to a new state of consciousness and being. He has been set on a path which tells him he is really going somewhere, that life is not a dead end, not something to be endured or mastered. In a very real sense he has been transformed, because he has laid hold of a source of strength which, in one way or another, he had hitherto denied himself. He finds himself in possession of a degree of honesty, tolerance, unselfishness, peace of mind, and love of which he had thought himself quite incapable. What he has received is a free gift, and yet usually, at least in some small part, he has made himself ready to receive it.

pp. 106-107

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Some things I do not miss since becoming dry: that overall awful
feeling physically, including the shakes, a splitting headache, pains in
my arms and legs, bleary eyes, fluttering stomach, droopy shoulders,
weak knees, a three-day beard, and a flushed complexion. Also, facing
my loved one at breakfast. Also, composing the alibi and sticking to it. Also,
trying to shave or put on make-up with a shaky hand. Also, opening up my
wallet to find it empty. I don't miss these things, do I?

Meditation For The Day

You were born with a spark of the Divine within you. It had been all
but smothered by the life you were living. That celestial fire has to be
tended and fed so that it will grow eventually into a real desire to live
the right way. By trying to do the will of God, you grow more and
more in the new way of life. By thinking of God, praying to Him, and
having communion with Him, you gradually grow more like Him. The
way of your transformation from the material to the spiritual is the
way of Divine Companionship.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may tend the spark of the Divine within me so that it will
grow. I pray that I may be gradually transformed from the old life to
the new life.





Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(   \(
AA)/   )
( /
AA\ )
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Conflict

"My conflicts went right on mounting because I was simply loaded with excuses and refusals. When these troubles had finally exhausted me enough, there was yet another escape. I would commence to wallow in the bog of guilt. Here pride and rebellion would give way to depression. My main theme always was, 'How god-awful I am.' There was never a decent regret for the harms I had done, nor was there any serious thought of making such restitution as I could. The idea of asking God's forgiveness, let alone any forgiveness of myself, never occurred to me. My really big liability - spiritual pride and arrogance - was not examined at all. I had shut out the light by which I might have seen it."
Bill W.
The Language of the Heart, p. 257-258


Thought to Consider . . .

S
imply asking for help seems to be a help in itself.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H O W
Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness; that's how WE do it!




Daily Reflection

A CHANGED OUTLOOK
Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 84

When I was drinking, my attitude was totally selfish,
totally self-centered; my pleasure and my comfort came
first. Now that I am sober, self-seeking has started to slip
away. My whole attitude toward life and other people is
changing. For me, the first "A" in our name stands for
attitude. My attitude is changed by the second "A" in our
name, which stands for action. By working the Steps,
attending meetings, and carrying the message, I can be restored
to sanity. Action is the magic word! With a positive,
helpful attitude and regular A.A. action, I can stay sober
and help others to achieve sobriety. My attitude now is that
I am willing to go to any length to stay sober!


Pot Luck  


“My self-analysis has frequently been faulty. Sometimes I've failed to share my defects with the right people; at other times, I've confessed their defects, rather than my own; and at still other times, my confession of defects has been more in the nature of loud complaints about my circumstances and my problems.

“Nevertheless, I think I've usually been able to make a fairly thorough and searching job of finding and admitting my personal defects ... Yet this pretty well-ventilated condition is nothing for self-congratulation. Long ago I was lucky enough to see that I'd have to keep up my self-analysis or else blow my top completely. Though driven by stark necessity, this continuous self-revelation -- to myself and to others -- was rough medicine to take. But years of repetition has made this job far easier.”

AA Co-Founder, Bill W., June 1958, “Take Step Eleven,”, The Language of the Heart
         


Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS



On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment