Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 04.01.20





Your Daily Reprieve for  April  , 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


Everyday habits that drain your energy:

1.  Taking things personally.
2.  Holding on to the past.
3.  Over-stressing.
4.  Sleeping in late.
5.  Having a poor diet.
6.  Complaining all the time.
7.  Overthinking.
8.  Gossiping.
9.  Not living in the moment.
10.Trying to please everyone.

"Life is indeed difficult,
partly because of the real difficulties we must overcome in order to survive,
and partly because of our own innate desire to always do better,
to overcome new challenges, to self-actualize.
Happiness is experienced largely in striving towards a goal,
not in having attained things,because our nature is always
to want to go on to the next endeavor."
~Albert Elli

“Most of the important and astounding things
that have happened to me in the last eighteen years of sobriety in AA
have been slow in coming and impossible to recognize or appreciate
until long after they took place.”
~Grapevine:Fort Worth, Texas, November 2006

"What they do doesn't matter.
It's 'What do I do when they do what they do?' "
In AA,THAT is the question!
~Anonymous


Big Book Quote

"Though we work out our solution on the spiritual as well as an
altruistic plane, we favor hospitalization for the alcoholic who is
very jittery or befogged. More often than not, it is imperative that
a man's brain be cleared before he is approached, as he has then
a better chance of understanding and accepting what we have to offer."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Doctor's Opinion, pg. xxvi~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BETH HARTLEY
2010



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

APRIL 2020 Miracles

4/1 Jack D. Hampton, NH)…..51
4/1 Cary W. (Palm City, FL)…..13
4/1 Valerie A. (Phoenix, AZ)…..2
4/1 Ron F. (Cincinnati, OH)…..43
4/1 Joyce G. (Haverhill, MA)…..32
4/1 Janie C. (Lynbrook, NY)…..30
4/1 Ray D. (Hot Springs, NC/Exeter, NH)…..34
4/1 Brian N. (Diamondhead, MS)…..7
4/2 Justin L. (Waynesville, NC)…..2
4/3 Leigh A. ()…..22
4/4 Tim D. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..9
4/4 Bob C. (Akron, OH)…..18
4/5 Mark S. (Southampton, Hants, UK)…..2
4/6 Eugene R. (Barcelona, Spain)…..6
4/7 Mark V. (Indian Trail NC)…..5
4/7 Thorson R. (Wellington, FL)…..3
4/7 Madeleine M. (Groveland, MA)......37
4/7 Corry P. (New York)…..2
4/7 Walt C. (College Station, TX)…..6
4/9 Travis C. (Eureka, CA)…..1
4/9 Dayton H. (NYC, NY)…..30
4/10 Tony K. (Jacksonville, FL)…..3
4/11 Diane L. (Panama City Beach, FL)…..42
4/11 Diane M. (Waynesville, NC/Jax, FL)…..12
4/11 Emily W. (Astoria, NY)…..6
4/12 Kathy McQ. ()…..12
4/14 Barbara B. ()…..1
4/15 Kelly McG. (Edison, NJ)…..5
4/16 Angela S. (Dallas, TX)…..1
4/18 Steve Q. (Kauai, HI)…...12
4/21 Tom Mc. (Leesburg, FL)…..50
4/22 Jack C. (Conroe, TX)…..1
4/24 Larry C. (Davenport, FL)…..30
4/24 Sam F. ()…..2
4/25 Mark S. (Port Crane, NY)…..5
4/27 Norma D. (Haverhill, MA).....9
4/28 Brian C. (Davenport, FL)…..22
4/28 Bobby S. (South Boston, MA)…..18
4/29 Paul C. ()…..44
4/30 Sandra M. (Airdrie, Scotland)…..31


0624 Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Eight - "Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all."

Such gross misbehavior is not by any means a full catalogue of the harms we do. Let us think of some of the subtler ones which can sometimes be quite as damaging. Suppose that in our family lives we happen to be miserly, irresponsible, callous, or cold. Suppose that we are irritable, critical, impatient, and humorless. Suppose we lavish attention upon one member of the family and neglect the others. What happens when we try to dominate the whole family, either by a rule of iron or by a constant outpouring of minute directions for just how their lives should be lived from hour to hour? What happens when we wallow in depression, self-pity oozing from every pore, and inflict that upon those about us? Such a roster of harms done others--the kind that make daily living with us as practicing alcoholics difficult and often unbearable could be extended almost indefinitely. When we take such personality traits as these into shop, office, and the society of our fellows, they can do damage almost as extensive as that we have caused at home.

p. 81

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Since I've been in A.A., have I made a start toward becoming more
honest? Do I no longer have to lie to my loved ones? Do I try to have
meals on time, and do I try to earn what I make at work? Am I trying
to be honest? Have I faced myself as I really am and have I admitted
to myself that I'm no good by myself, but have to rely on God to help
me do the right thing? Am I beginning to find out what it means to be
alive and to face the world honestly and without fear?

Meditation For The Day

God is all around us. His spirit pervades the universe. And yet we
often do not let His spirit in. We try to get along without His help and
we make a mess of our lives. We can do nothing of any value without
God's help. All our human relationships depend on this. When we let
God's spirit rule our lives, we learn how to get along with others and
how to help them.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may let God run my life. I pray that I will never again
make a mess of my life through trying to run it myself
.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\  ~~~  /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Humility

"The attainment of greater humility is the foundation principle of each of A.A.'s Twelve Steps. For without some degree of humility, no alcoholic can stay sober at all."
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 70

Thought to Consider . . .

A
s I thus get down to my right size and stature, my self-concern and importance become amusing.
Bill W., Box 1980
The AA Grapevine, June 1961

As Bill Sees It, p. 106

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

F E A R
False Expectations Appearing Real





Daily Reflection

LOOKING WITHIN
Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of
ourselves.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 42

Step Four is the vigorous and painstaking effort to discover
what the liabilities in each of us have been, and are. I want
to find exactly how, when, and where my natural desires
have warped me. I wish to look squarely at the unhappiness
this has caused others and myself. By discovering what my
emotional deformities are, I can move toward their correction.
Without a willing and persistent effort to do this,
there can be little sobriety or contentment for me.
To resolve ambivalent feelings, I need to feel a strong
and helpful sense of myself. Such an awareness doesn't
happen overnight, and no one's self-awareness is
permanent. Everyone has the capacity for growth, and for
self-awareness, through an honest encounter with reality.
When I don't avoid issues but meet them directly, always
trying to resolve them, they become fewer and fewer.


Pot Luck  

"Expectations are premeditated resentments."

Even after all my time in recovery, I often find that I still try to control people, places, and things. Even though the First Step teaches me about my powerlessness and the Third Step gives me direction for dealing with life, I still find myself resentful when things don’t go my way. And I can usually trace my resentments back to my expectations.

When I can get calm and take a sober look at a situation, I realize that my expectations are indications that I haven’t fully turned my will and life over to God. It means that I have tried to control everything again, and that I have forgotten my true role in life: to suit up and show up, do the best I can, and leave the results up to God. Since expectations are just results in disguise, it’s no wonder they so easily lead to resentments.

Today, I recognize expectations for what they are: reminders to refocus my energy and thoughts on the actions I am about to take, rather than trying to direct and control the results. It helps to work the First, Second, and Third Steps, as doing so allows me to remain open to God’s lessons and gifts that show up in the results. They are always there if I am open to them, and appreciating and learning from them keep me safe from unnecessary resentments.

Wisdom of the Rooms


Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS


List of Virtual Meetings & Speaker Archives

On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment