Sunday, March 15, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 03.16.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Monday March  16, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL



“I need grace to recover happily,
to be comfortable in my sobriety,
and to be able to help others do the same.”
~Grapevine: Ottawa, Ontario, April 1992

"The things we think about, brood on, dwell on, and exult over
influence our life in a thousand ways.
When we can actually choose the direction of our thoughts
instead of just letting them run along the grooves of conditioned thinking,
we become the masters of our own lives. "
~Eknath Easwaran

"Set peace of mind as your highest goal,
and organize your life around it."
~Brian Tracy


"To treat your facts with
imagination is one thing, but to
imagine your facts is another."
John Burroughs

Your job, your duty
is to bear the burden of the mystery
with as much grace as you can.
~Elizabeth Strout



Big Book Quote


"Highly competent psychiatrists who have dealt with us have found it
sometimes impossible to persuade an alcoholic to discuss his
situation without reserve. Strangely enough, wives, parents and
intimate friends usually find us even more unapproachable than do the
psychiatrist and the doctor.
But the ex-problem drinker who has found this solution, who is
properly armed with facts about himself, can generally win the entire
confidence of another alcoholic in a few hours. Until such an
understanding is reached, little or nothing can be accomplished."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 18~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

UNCLE BOBBY HOWES
09.09.1989


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

MARCH 2020 Miracles

3/1 Crispin H. (London, UK)…..38
3/1 Newfie Dave D. (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia)…..22
3/1 Donnie M. (Springfield, WV)…..21
3/1 Rich W. (Astoria, NY)…..5
3/1 Wyman B. (Augusta, GA)…..6
3/2 Liz C. (White Plains, NY)…..11
3/3 Curtis C. (Parrsboro, N.S. )…..1
3/3 Daniel J. (Naples, FL)…..1
3/3 Steven H. (Atlantic Heights, NJ)…..14
3/3 Kelly T. (Newmarket, NH)…..29
3/4 Adam L.   (NY,NY / SOMA, NJ)…..6
3/4 Chris A. (Bristol, UK)…..50
3/5 Bill E. (Portsmouth, RI)…..35
3/5 Tom M. Waynesville, NC/Jacksonville, FL)…..26
3/5 Deirdre C. (Cornelius, NC)…..24
3/5 Joan T. (Princeton, NJ)…..31
3/6 Julie D. (Ajijic. Jalisco, Mexico)…..38
3/7 Adam S. (Tampa)…..3
3/7 Dave G. (White Rock. B.C./Merida. Mex)…..17
3/7 George H. (Milwaukee, WI)…..12
3/8 William the Wanderer (NH)…..31
3/9 Andy W. (Harbor Island, BYOC)…..33
3/9 Sheila J. (New York, NY)…..34
3/9 Patti K. (Baiting Hollow)…..36
3/9 Tony C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..41
3/9 Phil S. (Santa Fe, NM)…..10
3/10 Mark B. (Portland, ME)…..34
3/11 John M. (Succasunna, NJ)…..11
3/11 Eleni N. (Portland, ME)…..1
3/12 Ned W. (Melbourne, FL)…..23
3/12 Carol S. (Farmington Hills, MI)…..17
3/13 Tom V. (Morristown, NJ)…..13
3/14 Frank G. (San Francisco, CA)…..29
3/15 Steven A. (Southampton, NY)…..12
3/14 Barbara B. (Watson, LA)…..1
3/14 Suzanne S. (NYC)…..40
3/15 Zvi B. (Brooklyn, NY)…..1
3/16 Eli S. (Waynesville, NC)…..1
3/16 Bill I. (Islington, MA)…..35
3/17 Anna D. (Delaware)…..1
3/17 Judy D. (Camel, CA)…..5
3/17 Dan D. (Vero Beach, FL)…..41
3/17 Susan P. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
3/18 Glenn M. (Indialantic, FL)…..1
3/18 Rachel P. (Lond0n, UK)…..6
3/19 Rebecca S. (London, UK)…..2
3/19 Mike B. (Purchase, NY)…..20
3/20 Kathleen G. (Cavan Lodge, Ireland)…..18
3/21 Lee H (Devon, PA)…..3
3/21 Norm A. (Boston, MA)…..31
3/21 Tucker H. (Nantucket, MA)…..3
3/21 Scott M. (Boston, MA)…..9
3/21 Kate A. (Nyack, NY)…..32
3/21 Pamela B. (Clinton, NJ)…..37
3/22 Sally S. (Nantucket/Spring Island)…..32
3/23 Donna L. (Pearl River,NY )…..22
3/23 Jesse R. ()…..10
3/24 Amy BS (New York ,NY)…..32
3/24 Joan O. (Keaau, HI)…..3
3/24 Wendy R. (Nyack, NY)…..34
3/25 Ashley G. ()…..4
3/25 Tim F. (River Edge, NJ)…..6
3/26 Christina U. (Palm Coast, FL)…..7
3/26 Rudy T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..2
3/27 Steve H. (East Hampton, NY)…..33
3/27 Jonelle A. ()…..32
3/27 Chuck L. (Key Largo, FL)…33
3/28 Collen S. (Fernandina Beach, FL)…..32
3/28 Michelle E. (Grand Rapids, MI)…..1
3/28 Sam S. (Houston, TX)…..7
3/28 Steven S. (Summit, NJ)…..10
3/28 Shane S. (Randolph, NJ)…..2
3/29 Robin S. (New
York, NY)…..27
3/30 Barbara K. (Melville, NY)…..15
3/30 Ralph B. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..38
3/31 Joyce G. (Michigan/Florida)…..10
3/31 Jackson R. (Daytona, FL)…..3


1420 Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Seven - "Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings."

Then, in A.A., we looked and listened. Everywhere we saw failure and misery transformed by humility into priceless assets. We heard story after story of how humility had brought strength out of weakness. In every case, pain had been the price of admission into a new life. But this admission price had purchased more than we expected. It brought a measure of humility, which we soon discovered to be a healer of pain. We began to fear pain less, and desire humility more than ever.

p. 75

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Before we decide to quit drinking, most of us have come up against a
blank wall. We see that we're licked, that we have to quit. But we
don't know which way to turn for help. There seems to be no door in
that blank wall. A.A. opens the door that leads to sobriety. By
encouraging us to honestly admit that we're alcoholics and to realize
that we can't take even one drink, and by showing us which way to
turn for help, A.A. opens the door in that blank wall. Have I gone
through that door to sobriety?

Meditation For The Day

I must have a singleness of purpose to do my part in God's work. I
must not let material distractions interfere with my job of improving
personal relationships. It is easy to become distracted by material
affairs, so that I lose my singleness of purpose. I do not have time to
be concerned about the multifarious concerns of the world. I must
concentrate and specialize on what I can do best.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may not become distracted by material affairs. I pray that
I may concentrate on doing what I can do best.



Daily Thought
​​^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Self-appraisal

"I used to be a champ at unrealistic self-appraisal. I wanted to look only at the part of my life which seemed good. Then I would greatly exaggerate whatever virtues I supposed I had attained. Next I would congratulate myself on the grand job I was doing. So my unconscious self-deception never failed to turn my few good assets into serious liabilities. This astonishing process was always a pleasant one . . . I was falling straight back into the pattern of my drinking days . . . I shall forever regret the damage I did to people around me. Indeed, I still tremble when I realize what I might have done to A.A. and to its future."
Bill W., June 1961
1988 AA Grapevine
The Language of the Heart,  pp.
256-7

Thought to Consider . . .

W
hen I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

A. A.
Altered Attitudes





Daily Reflection

AS WE UNDERSTAND HIM
My friend suggested what then seemed a novel idea. . . .
"Why don't you choose your own conception of God?"
That statement hit me hard. It melted the icy intellectual
mountain in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many
years I stood in the sunlight at last. It was only a matter of
being willing to believe in a Power greater than myself.
Nothing more was required of me to make my beginning.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 12

I remember the times I looked up into the sky and reflected
on who started it all, and how. When I came to A.A., an
understanding of some description of the spiritual
dimension became a necessary adjunct to a stable sobriety.
After reading a variety of versions, including the scientific,
of a great explosion, I went for simplicity and made the
God of my understanding the Great Power that made the
explosion possible. With the vastness of the universe under
His command, He would, no doubt, be able to guide my
thinking and actions if I was prepared to accept His
guidance. But I could not expect help if I turned my back
on that help and went my own way. I became willing to
believe and I have had 26 years of stable and satisfying
sobriety.



Pot Luck  

Keep It Simple

If there is no wind, row.---Latin proverb


At times, staying sober will be easy; at other times, it will be hard. But we must do what is needed to stay sober. Having a hard week? Go to extra meetings. Feeling alone? Call a friend and ask if you can get together. Feel like drinking? Go to a safe place until the urge passes.

We have no choice. We must row when there's no wind. If not, we'll fall back into our addiction.
If we work hard, we'll stay sober. Plus we'll grow as spiritual people. Hard times test us and make better people. But this will only happen if we keep our Higher Power and our program close to our heart.

Prayer for the Day:  Higher Power, help me remember that I grow during hard times. I pray that I'll accept and use what You've given me each day.

Action for the Day:  Today, I'll list five things I learned from my program in hard times.







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS
Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment