Sunday, March 1, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 03.02.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Monday March  2, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


“Each group, as well as each individual,
is a special entity, not quite like any other ...
each group does have its own special atmosphere,
 its own peculiar state of development.”
~ Bill W., January 1948

"A gift inspires another gift,
and a miracle inspires the next miracle.
It's got to start somewhere;
 it might as well start with you."
--Scott Hamilton

Just act better than you feel
~Polly P

You cannot get through a single day
without having an impact on the world around you.
What you do makes a difference,
and you have to decide
what kind of difference you want to make.
~Jane Goodall


Big Book Quote

"We, who have recovered from serious drinking, are miracles of mental
health."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 133~



Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

CHRIS RAYMER
Pathway to Power
Stuart, FL
02.15.20


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

MARCH 2020 Miracles

3/1 Crispin H. (London, UK)…..38
3/1 Newfie Dave D. (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia)…..22
3/1 Donnie M. (Springfield, WV)…..21
3/1 Rich W. (Astoria, NY)…..5
3/3 Curtis C. (Parrsboro, N.S. )…..1
3/3 Daniel J. (Naples, FL)…..1
3/3 Stephen H. (Atlantic Heights, NJ)…..14
3/4    Adam L.   (NY,NY / SOMA, NJ)…..6
¾ Chris A. (Bristol, UK)…..50
3/5 Bill E. (Portsmouth, RI)…..35
3/5 Tom M. Waynesville, NC/Jacksonville, FL)…..26
3/5 Deirdre C. (Cornelius, NC)…..24
3/6 Julie D. (Ajijic. Jalisco, Mexico)…..38
3/8 William the Wanderer (NH)…..31
3/9 Andy W. (Harbor Island, BYOC)…..33
3/9 Sheila J. (NY)…..34
3/10 Mark B. (Portland, ME)…..34
3/12 Ned W. (Melbourne, FL)…..23
3/13 Tom V. (Morristown, NJ)…..13
3/14 Frank G. (San Francisco, CA)…..29
3/14 Barbara B. (Watson, LA)…..1
3/15 Zvi B. (Brooklyn, NY)…..1
3/16 Eli S. (Waynesville, NC)…..1
3/16 Bill I. (Islington, MA)…..35
3/17 Anna D. (Delaware)…..1
3/17 Dan D. (Vero Beach, FL)…..41
3/18 Glenn M. (Indialantic, FL)…..1
3/18 Rachel P. (Lond0n, UK)…..6
3/19 Rebecca S. (London, UK)…..2
3/20 Kathleen G. (Cavan Lodge, Ireland)…..18
3/21 Lee H (Devon, PA)…..3
3/21 Norm A. (Boston, MA)…..31
3/21 Kate A. (Nyack, NY)…..32
3/23 Donna L. (Pearl River,NY )…..22
3/24 Amy BS (New York ,NY)…..32
3/24 Joan O. (Keaau, HI)…..3
3/24 Wendy R. (Nyack, NY)…..34
3/25 Ashley G. ()…..4
3/26 Christina U. (Palm Coast, FL)…..7
3/26 Rudy T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..2
3/27 Steve H. (East Hampton, NY)…..33
3/27 Jonelle A. ()…..32
3/27 Charles L. (Key Largo, FL)…33
3/28 Collen S. (Fernandina Beach, FL)…..31
3/28 Michelle E. (Grand Rapids, MI)…..1
3/28 Sam S. (Houston, TX)…..7
3/28 Steven S. (Summit, NJ)…..10
3/28 Shane S. (Randolph, NJ)…..2
3/30 Barbara K. (Melville, NY)…..15
3/31 Joyce G. (Michigan/Florida)…..10


0928 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Seven - "Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings."

Since this Step so specifically concerns itself with humility, we should pause here to consider what humility is and what the practice of it can mean to us.

p. 70

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Over a period of drinking years, we've proved to ourselves and to
everybody else that we can't stop drinking by our own willpower. We
have been proved helpless before the power of alcohol. So the only
way we could stop drinking was by turning to a Power greater than
ourselves. We call that Power God. The time that you really get this
program is when you get down on your knees and surrender yourself
to God, as you understand Him. Surrender means putting your life
into God's hands. Have I made a promise to God that I will try to live
the way He wants me to live?

Meditation For The Day

Spirit-power comes from communication with God in prayer and
times of quiet meditation. I must constantly seek
spirit-communication with God. This is a matter directly between me
and God. Those who seek it through the medium of the church do not
always get the joy and the wonder of spirit communication with God.
>From this communication comes life, joy, peace, and healing. Many
people do not realize the power that can come to them from direct
spirit-communication.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may feel that God's power is mine. I pray that I may be
able to face anything through that power.



Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Carry the Message

Taking advantage of technological advances, A.A. members with computers can participate in meetings online, sharing with fellow alcoholics across the country or around the world. Fundamentally, though, the difference between an electronic meeting and the home group around the corner is only one of format. In any meeting, anywhere, A.A.'s share experience, strength, and hope with each other, in order to stay sober and help other alcoholics. Modem-to-modem or face-to-face, A.A.'s speak the language of the heart in all its power and simplicity.
c. 2001AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous
Foreword to Fourth Edition, p. xxiv


Thought to Consider . . .

W
e in A.A. don't carry the alcoholic; we carry the message.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H E A R T
Healing, Enjoying, and Recovering, Together.






Daily Reflection

HOPE
Do not be discouraged.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 60

Few experiences are of less value to me than fast sobriety.
Too many times discouragement has been the bonus for
unrealistic expectations, not to mention self-pity or fatigue
from my wanting to change the world by the weekend.
Discouragement is a warning signal that I may have
wandered across the God line. The secret of fulfilling my
potential is in acknowledging my limitations and believing
that time is a gift, not a threat.
Hope is the key that unlocks the door of discouragement.
The program promises me that if I do not pick up
the first drink today, I will always have hope. Having come
to believe that I keep what I share, every time I encourage,
I receive courage. It is with others that, with the grace of
God and the Fellowship of A.A., I trudge the road of happy
destiny. May I always remember that the power within me
is far greater than any fear before me. May I always have
patience, for I am on the right road.



Pot Luck  

"The only thing we can take with us when we leave this world is what we gave away."
For years, I thought the goal in life was to get as much stuff as I could. I measured my worth as a person by how much money I had in the bank, and by how many books and CDs I had. I spent endless hours shopping for expensive cars, hipper clothes, and newer tech devices. I loved when UPS came, and for a few hours I almost felt satisfied. I still remember, however, the moment I pressed the buy button on yet another Amazon order and thought about the package arriving and putting the new, unread books on the shelf next to the other new, unread books. In that moment, I hit another bottom.

When I was new in the program, I was told that if I wanted to feel better, then I had to get out of myself by being of service and by helping others. While I argued that picking up cigarette butts and mopping the floor couldn’t have anything to do with my recovering or feeling better, I did what I was told. Eventually, I was instructed to sponsor and work with others. While I resented getting up early on Sunday mornings to meet with a newcomer before a meeting, I can tell you now that I always felt the deepest satisfaction and feeling of self-worth when I did. Finally, I had found a way to fill the hole inside of me.

What I’ve learned after many years in recovery is that it’s not about me. It’s not about how much I earn, how much I can get, or how much I have. Instead, it’s only about how much I can give away. The truth in my life today is that I’m happiest when I seek to be of service. I’m less in fear when I’m thinking of others, and ultimately, I know that the only thing that really matters now, and will matter forever, is how much I’ve packed into the stream of life. It’s taken a long time, but I finally understand the last line of St. Francis’s prayer: “It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life."

Wisdom of the Rooms


Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment