Sunday, February 16, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.17.20





Your Daily Reprieve for  Monday February  17, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


Remember…that not getting what you want
is sometimes a stroke of good luck.
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

“In the face of a challenge,
in the midst of frightening or and difficult situations,
you must remember the good.
You must take a breath from the center of your being
and, remember, trouble comes to pass, not to stay.”
~Iyanla Vanzant

“As your faith is strengthened,
you will find that there is no longer the need
to have a sense of control,
that things will flow as they will and t
hat you will flow with them
to your great delight and benefit.”
~Emmanuel Teney

"Do not spoil what you have
by desiring what you have not;
but remember that what you now have
was once among the things only hoped for."
--Epicurus

Big Book Quote

"Helping others is the foundation stone of your recovery. A kindly
act once in a while isn't enough. You have to act the Good Samaritan
every day, if need be."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 97~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

JANE L
Tallahassee, FL
@ Southern States Women’s Conference
January 24, 2020



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles

2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Mary Lou M. (Stuart, FL)…..27
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/1 Briar C. A. (Dallas, TX)…..7
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY)…..31
2/2 Edie P. (Methuen, MA)…..30
2/2 Jennifer W. (St. Mary’s, GA)…..4
2/2 Ryan D. (Phoenixville, PA)…..1
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..23
2/3 Fred W. (Honolulu, HI)…..29
2/4 Bob F. (New Rochelle, NY)…..5
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Rick J. (Rye, NY)…..28
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/6 Paul K. (Key Largo, FL/Cape Cod)…..36
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/7 Lorin C. (East Sandwich, MA)…..23
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/8 Kelly H. (Morristown, NJ)…..10
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/9 Darlene A. (Key Largo, FL)…..26
2/9 Jeff S. (Hillsdale, NJ)…..29
2/9 Jason G. (Dominical, Costa Rica)…..6
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)…..51
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ)…..6
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra, VA)…..31
2/11 Steve B. (Wenham, MA)…..40
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Huston A. (Houston, TX)…..2
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY)…..6
2/12 Betty P. Valparaiso, IN)…..36
2/12 Nancy O. (South Jersey)…..8
2/12 Scott H. (New York, NY)…..4
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/14 Laura C. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
2/14 Charles V. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
2/14 Zach G. (Plymouth, MA)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/15 John T. (Connecticut)…..33
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/16 Nancy B. (North Port, FL)…..37
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/17 Noel S. (Harrison, NY)…..11
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
2/17 Luke R. (Bluffton, SC)…..19
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH)…..42
2/17 Greg J. (New York, NY)…..3
2/18 Allan C. (No. Andover, MA)…..9
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL)…..18
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/18 Marcia T. (Sag Harbor, NY)…..35
2/19 Debi K. East Norwich, NY)…..17
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/9 Joe R (Astoria, NY)…..3
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA)…..10
2/20 Jackie M. (basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
2/20 Dorothy (New York, NY)…..28
2/20 Mary S. (Apex, NC)…..18
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA)…..27
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL)…..22
2/22 Casey Q. (Manchvegas, NH)…..27
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL)…..13
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/23 Scott J. (Victorville, CA)…..6
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA)…..39
2/25 Bonnie A. (Cape Cod, MA)…..40
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/26 Jose R. (Sarasota, FL)…..26
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/27 Julie M. (Amelia Island, FL)…..8
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY)…6
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..28
2/28 Matt M. (Pelham, NY)…..10
2/29 Royce Mc. (Unicoi, TN)…..24

1806 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Six - "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

If we ask, God will certainly forgive our derelictions. But in no case does He render us white as snow and keep us that way without our cooperation. That is something we are supposed to be willing to work toward ourselves. He asks only that we try as best we know how to make progress in the building of character.

p. 65

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Alcohol is poison to the alcoholic. Poison is not too
strong a word, because alcoholism leads eventually to the
death of the alcoholic. It may be a quick death or a slow
death. When we go by package stores and see various kinds
of liquor all dressed up in fancy packages to make it
look attractive, we should always make it a point to say
to ourselves, so that we'll never forget it: That stuff's
poison to me. And it is. Alcohol poisoned our lives for
a long time. Do I know that since I am an alcoholic all
liquor is poison to me?

Meditation For The Day

I must somehow find the means of coming nearer to God.
That is what really matters. I must somehow seek the true
bread of life, which is communion with Him. I must grasp
at the truth at the center of all worship. This central
truth is all that matters. All forms of worship have this
communion with God as their purpose and goal.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may meet God in quiet communion.
I pray that I may partake of the soul-food which God has
provided for me.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Good Living

Understanding is the key to right principles and attitudes, and right action is the key to good living; therefore the joy of good living is the theme of A.A.'s Twelfth Step. With each passing day of our lives, may every one of us sense more deeply the inner meaning of A.A.'s simple prayer:

God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.

c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions,  p. 125

Thought to Consider . . .  .

The joy is in the journey.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

T H I N K
The Happiness I Never Knew




Daily Reflection

THE LOVE IN THEIR EYES
Some of us won't believe in God, others can't, and still
others who do believe that God exists have no faith
whatever He will perform this miracle.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 25

It was the changes I saw in the new people who came into
the Fellowship that helped me lose my fear, and change my
negative attitude to a positive one. I could see the love in
their eyes and I was impressed by how much their "One
Day at a Time" sobriety meant to them. They had looked
squarely at Step Two and came to believe that a power
greater than themselves was restoring them to sanity. That
gave me faith in the Fellowship, and hope that it could
work for me too. I found that God was a loving God, not
that punishing God I feared before coming to A.A. I also
found that He had been with me during all those times I had
been in trouble before I came to A.A. I know today that He
was the one who led me to A.A. and that I am a miracle.



Pot Luck  

"Quit with the thinking, and start with the doing."

It took me a long time to learn that I can’t think myself into feeling better. If I sit at home depressed, waiting until I feel like going to a meeting or calling someone, it means I’m going to be at home depressed a long time. Early on, I learned about contrary action, and when I take it and get out of my head, I always feel better.

My sponsor showed me a chapter in the Big Book called “Into Action,” and told me to notice there isn’t one called “Into Thinking.” He taught me that feelings always follow actions, and every time I take a positive action, I get positive feelings. The opposite is also true. If I stay in my head, I almost always feel bad or grow more depressed.

One of the best actions I’ve learned to take in the program is to work with or help another. The power of this action is that while helping another, I’m immediately out of thinking about myself and into being of service. And the magic of service is that while I’m helping another, I’m also helping myself. Today, it’s much easier for me to get out of thinking and get into doing, and afterward I’m glad I did.

The Wisdom of the Rooms
         


Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment