Monday, February 10, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.11.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday February 11 , 2020

From Jacksonville, FL



“Putting my ego aside to ask others for help still doesn’t come naturally,
so I’ve made it a part of my Tenth Step inventory, asking,
‘Have I failed to ask for help when I needed it today?’”
~Grapevine: Phoenix, Ariz

Clear the clutter.
Make space for God to move in you.
May God bless you with a cleansing steeped in love
and refreshing to the soul.
~Prayables

Humility is one of the most misunderstood words.
Most people think it's associated with humiliation, well it is not.
It means to be humble which is the opposite of ego and selfishness.
It's hard to pray to God if you think that you are God yourself,
and it's even harder to be an ego maniac with an inferiority complex.
Less self less problems.
~From the book "Wisdom, Magic and Miracles"

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear,
but look around in awareness."
~James Thurber



Big Book Quote

"In thinking about our day we may face indecision. We may not be
able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for
inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take
it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right
answers come after we have tried this for a while."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 86





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

JIM SHAW
Los Angeles, CA
@Cornhusker Roundup
Lincoln, NE
09.01.94


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles

2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Mary Lou M. (Stuart, FL)…..27
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/1 Briar C. A. (Dallas, TX)…..7
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY)…..31
2/2 Edie P. (Methuen, MA)…..30
2/2 Jennifer W. (St. Mary’s, GA)…..4
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..23
2/3 Fred W. (Honolulu, HI)…..29
2/4 Bob F. (New Rochelle, NY)…..5
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Rick J. (Rye, NY)…..28
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/6 Paul K. (Key Largo, FL/Cape Cod)…..36
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/7 Lorin C. (East Sandwich, MA)…..23
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/8 Kelly H. (Morristown, NJ)…..10
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/9 Darlene A. (Key Largo, FL)…..26
2/9 Jeff S. (Hillsdale, NJ)…..29
2/9 Jason G. (Dominical, Costa Rica)…..6
2/9 Joe R (Astoria, NY)…..3
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)…..51
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ)…..6
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra, VA)…..31
2/11 Steve B. (Wenham, MA)…..40
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Huston A. (Houston, TX)…..2
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY)…..6
2/12 Betty P. Valparaiso, IN)…..36
2/12 Nancy O. (South Jersey)…..8
2/12 Scott H. (New York, NY)…..4
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/14 Laura C. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
2/14 Charles V. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
2/14 Zach G. (Plymouth, MA)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/16 Nancy B. (North Port, FL)…..37
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/17 Noel S. (Harrison, NY)…..11
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
2/17 Luke R. (Bluffton, SC)…..19
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH)…..42
2/17 Greg J. (New York, NY)…..3
2/18 Allan C. (No. Andover, MA)…..9
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL)…..18
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/18 Marcia T. (Sag Harbor, NY)…..35
2/19 Debi K. East Norwich, NY)…..17
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA)…..10
2/20 Jackie M. (basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
2/20 Dorothy (New York, NY)…..28
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA)…..27
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL)…..22
2/22 Casey Q. (Manchvegas, NH)…..27
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL)…..13
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA)…..39
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/27 Julie M. (Amelia Island, FL)…..8
2/27 Neil R. ()…6
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..28
2/28 Matt M. (Pelham, NY)…..10
2/29 Royce Mc. (Unicoi, TN)…..24

1688 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Six - "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

In A.A. meetings all over the world, statements just like this are heard daily. It is plain for everybody to see that each sober A.A. member has been granted a release from this very obstinate and potentially fatal obsession. So in a very complete and literal way, all A.A.'s have "become entirely ready" to have God remove the mania for alcohol from their lives. And God has proceeded to do exactly that.

p. 64

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

If we're going to stay sober, we've got to learn to want
something else more than we want to drink. When we first
came into A.A., we couldn't imagine wanting anything else
so much or more than drinking. So we had to stop drinking
on faith, on faith that someday we really would want
something else more than drinking. But after we've been
in A.A. for a while, we learn that a sober life can
really be enjoyed. We learn how nice it is to get along
well with our family at home, how nice it is to do our
work well at the office, how nice it is to try to help
others. Have I found that when I keep sober, everything
goes well for me?

Meditation For The Day

There is almost no work in life so hard as waiting. And
yet God wants me to wait. All motion is more easy than
calm waiting, and yet I must wait until God shows me His
will. So many people have marred their work and hindered
the growth of their spiritual lives by too much activity.
If I wait patiently, preparing myself always, I will be
some day at the place where I would be. And much toil
and activity could not have accomplished the journey so
soon.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may wait patiently. I pray that I may trust
God and keep preparing myself for a better life.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Belief

H
ere are thousands of men and women, worldly indeed. They flatly declare that since they have come to believe in a Power greater than themselves, to take a certain attitude toward that Power, and to do certain simple things, there has been a revolutionary change in their way of living and thinking. In the face of collapse and despair, in the face of the total failure of their human resources, they found that a new power, peace, happiness, and sense of direction flowed into them.
c. 2001 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous,  p. 50

Thought to Consider . . .

Newcomers are the lifeblood of the program. But our old-timers are the arteries.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*
P R O G R A M
P
eople Relying On God Relay A Message




Daily Reflection

THE LIMITS OF SELF-RELIANCE
We asked ourselves why we had them [fears]. Wasn't it
because self-reliance failed us?
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 68

All of my character defects separate me from God's will.
When I ignore my association with Him I face the world
and my alcoholism alone and must depend on self-reliance.
I have never found security and happiness through self-will
and the only result is a life of fear and discontent. God
provides the path back to Him and to His gift of serenity
and comfort. First, however, I must be willing to acknowledge
my fears and understand their source and power
over me. I frequently ask God to help me understand how I
separate myself from Him.




Pot Luck  


We either hang together, or we hang alone."

As my drinking got worse, I became more and more of a loner. After a close call of getting pulled over while I had been drinking (I somehow managed not to get arrested), I decided to stop going out to clubs. It was just easier to stay home and drink and listen to music. I also stopped receiving invitations to parties, and at first, I didn’t notice, then I didn’t care. It had been a long time since I had been in a relationship, and since my family couldn’t keep up with the way I liked to drink, I stopped hanging out with them, too. At the end, it was just me, my booze, and my resentments.

When my best friend finally took me to a meeting, I hated it. First, there were a lot of people there and they all seemed so fake and much too happy. What was there to be happy about? I thought. You’re at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting! And then some people came up to me and gave me their phone numbers and told me to call them. That won’t be happening, I thought. Finally, after the meeting was over and I was sneaking out the back door, my friend told me we were going out to “fellowship” at a restaurant. That was the last straw! I told him, “Some other time,” and made my escape.

I stayed “out” another year, and when I finally crawled into the rooms, I was ready. Early on, I saw someone celebrate a six-year anniversary, and he said something I will never forget. He said, “Find someone you can tell the truth to; we don’t do this alone.” Thank God I took his advice. The moment I began to let the program in, the fellowship in, and a God of my own understanding into my life, I began to recover. By getting involved, I got out of me and got into “we.” And then I finally understood: We either hang together or we hang alone.

Wisdom of the Rooms
              

Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment