Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.05.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday  February  5, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


What a world this would be
if we could forget our troubles
as easily as we forget our blessings.
Diane Aschoff

“If I am truly going to grow along spiritual lines,
I’m going to have to walk with the truest spirit
of human compassion for others
that I can muster in all of my affairs.”
~Grapevine: Shreveport, La., August 2012

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is,
'What are you doing for others?'"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Everything I experience serves a purpose.
Today, my past is healed;
I am alive, awake, and free.
I have the courage to change.
~Joan Larkin

Big Book Quote

"Neither could we reduce our self-centeredness much by wishing or
trying on our own power. We had to have God's help."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 62





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

CYNDI M
Louisville, KY
@Great River Roundup
Grafton, IL
03/2016



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles

2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Mary Lou M. (Stuart, FL)…..27
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/1 Briar C. A. (Dallas, TX)…..7
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY)…..31
2/2 Edie P. (Methuen, MA)…..30
2/2 Jennifer W. (St. Mary’s, GA)…..4
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..23
2/4 Bob F. (New Rochelle, NY)…..5
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Rick J. (Rye, NY)…..28
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/6 Paul K. (Key Largo, FL/Cape Cod)…..36
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/7 Lorin C. (East Sandwich, MA)…..23
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/8 Kelly H. (Morristown, NJ)…..10
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/9 Darlene A. (Key Largo, FL)…..26
2/9 Jeff S. (Hillsdale, NJ)…..29
2/9 Jason G. (Dominical, Costa Rica)…..6
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)…..51
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ)…..6
2/11 Steve B. (Wenham, MA)…..40
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY)…..6
2/12 Betty P. Valparaiso, IN)…..36
2/12 Nancy O. (South Jersey)…..8
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/14 Laura C. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
2/14 Zach G. (Plymouth, MA)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/16 Nancy B. (North Port, FL)…..37
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/17 Noel S. (Harrison, NY)…..11
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
2/17 Luke R. (Bluffton, SC)…..19
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH)…..42
2/17 Greg J. (New York, NY)…..3
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL)…..18
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/19 Debi K. East Norwich, NY)…..17
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA)…..10
2/20 Jackie M. (basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA)…..27
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL)…..22
2/22 Casey Q. (Manchvegas, NH)…..27
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL)…..13
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA)…..39
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/27 Julie M. (Amelia Island, FL)…..8
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..28
2/28 Matt M. (Pelham, NY)…..10
2/29 Royce Mc. (Unicoi, TN)…..24

1538 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Five - "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."

Our next problem will be to discover the person in whom we are to confide. Here we ought to take much care, remembering that prudence is a virtue which carries a high rating. Perhaps we shall need to share with this person facts about ourselves which no others ought to know. We shall want to speak with someone who is experienced, who not only has stayed dry but has been able to surmount other serious difficulties. Difficulties, perhaps, like our own. This person may turn out to be one's sponsor, but not necessarily so. If you have developed a high confidence in him, and his temperament and problems are close to your own, then such a choice will be good. Besides, your sponsor already has the advantage of knowing something about your case.

pp. 60-61



Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

One thing we learn in A.A. is to take a long view of
drinking instead of a short view. When we were drinking
we thought more about the pleasure or release that a
drink would give us, than we did about the consequences
which would result from our taking that drink. Liquor
looks good from the short view. When we look in a package
store window, we see liquor dressed up in its best
wrappings, with fancy labels and decorations. They look
swell. But have I learned that what's inside those
beautiful bottles is just plain poison to me?

Meditation For The Day

I believe that life is a school in which I must learn
spiritual things. I must trust in God and He will teach
me. I must listen to God and He will speak through my
mind. I must commune with Him in spite of all opposition
and every obstacle. There will be days when I will hear no
voice in my mind and when there will come no intimate
heart to heart communion. But if I persist, and make a life
habit of schooling myself in spiritual things, God will reveal
Himself to me in many ways.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may regularly go to school in things of the
spirit. I pray that I may grow spiritually by making a
practice of these things.

Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Housecleaning

If we skip this vital step [Step Five], we may not overcome drinking. Time after time newcomers have tried to keep to themselves certain facts about their lives. Trying to avoid this humbling experience, they have turned to easier methods. Almost invariably they got drunk. Having persevered with the rest of the program, they wondered why they fell. We think the reason is that they never completed their housecleaning.
c. 1976, 2001 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 72-3

Thought to Consider . . .

There's no elevator, you have to take the Steps.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

KISS
Keeping It Simple, Spiritually




Daily Reflection

A GLORIOUS RELEASE
"The minute I stopped arguing, I could begin to see and
feel Right there, Step Two gently and very gradually began
to infiltrate my life. I can't say upon what occasion or upon
what day I came to believe in a Power greater than myself,
but I certainly have that belief now. To acquire it, I had
only to stop fighting and practice the rest of A.A. 's program
as enthusiastically as I could."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 27

After years of indulging in a "self-will run riot," Step Two
became for me a glorious release from being all alone.
Nothing is so painful or insurmountable in my journey
now. Someone is always there to share life's burdens with
me. Step Two became a reinforcement with God, and I
now realize that my insanity and ego were curiously linked.
To rid myself of the former, I must give up the latter to one
with far broader shoulders than my own.



Pot Luck  

“When finally my household went quite broke, I woke up to the fact that I hadn't been able to face the prospect of going back to work. So I returned to Wall Street after all. And I have ever since been glad that I did ... Indeed, there was one colossal dividend that resulted directly from my grudging decision to reenter the market place. It was a Wall Street business trip to Akron, Ohio, in 1935, that first brought me face to face with Dr. Bob -- AA's co-founder-to-be. So the birth of AA itself actually hinged on the fact that I had been trying to meet my bread-and-butter responsibilities.”

AA Co-Founder, Bill W., August 1961, “This Matter of Honesty,”, The Language of the Heart



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment