Sunday, February 2, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.03.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Monday February  3, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


Miracles are not contrary to nature,
but only contrary to what we know about nature.
~ Saint Augustine

No man knows the value of innocence and integrity
but he who has lost them.
~ William Goodwin


Here the way out is in.
~ Heard In A Meeting
@heardinameeting

“Each day I turn my ongoing spiritual experience
into a sane and happy usefulness among my fellow travelers.”
~Grapevine: Nome, AK, June 2009



Big Book Quote

"...with us, to drink is to die."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 66~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

MIKE M.
St Louis, MO
Happy Hour
08.23.18



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles

2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/1 Brian C. A. (Dallas, TX)…..7
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Eddie P. ()…..30
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..23
2/4 Bob F. (New Rochelle, NY)…..5
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Rick J. (Rye, NY)…..28
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/6 Paul K. (Key Largo, FL/Cape Cod)…..36
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/7 Lorin C. (East Sandwich, MA)…..23
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/8 Kelly H. ()…..10
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/9 Darlene A. (Key Largo, FL)…..26
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)…..51
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ)…..6
2/11 Steve B. (Wenham, MA)…..40
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY)…..6
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/14 Laura C. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
2/14 Zach G. (Plymouth, MA)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
2/17 Luke R. (Bluffton, SC)…..19
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH)…..42
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL)…..18
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/20 Jackie M. (basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA)…..27
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL)…..22
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA)…..39
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..28
2/29 Royce Mc. (Unicoi, TN)…..24

1261 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Five - "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."

At this stage, the difficulties of trying to deal rightly with God by ourselves are twofold. Though we may at first be startled to realize that God knows all about us, we are apt to get used to that quite quickly. Somehow, being alone with God doesn't seem as embarrassing as facing up to another person. Until we actually sit down and talk aloud about what we have so long hidden, our willingness to clean house is still largely theoretical. When we are honest with another person, it confirms that we have been honest with ourselves and with God.

pp. 59-60

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

By drinking, we escaped from boredom for a while. We almost forgot
our troubles. But when we sobered up, our troubles were twice as
bad. Drinking had only made them worse. In A.A., we really escape
boredom. Nobody's bored at an A.A. meeting. We stick around after
it's over and we hate to leave. Drinking gave us a temporary feeling
of importance. When we're drinking, we kid ourselves into thinking
we are somebody. We tell tall stories to build ourselves up. In A.A.,
we don't want that kind of self-importance. We have real
self-respect and honesty and humility. Have I found something much
better and more satisfactory than drinking?

Meditation For The Day

I believe that my faith and God's power can accomplish anything in
human relationships. There is no limit to what these two things can
do in this field. Only believe, and anything can happen. Saint Paul
said; "I can do all things through Him who strengtheneth me." All
walls that divide you from other human beings can fall by your faith
and God's power. These are the two essentials. Everyone can be
moved by these.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may try to strengthen my faith day by day. I pray that I
may rely more and more on God's power.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Reminder

W
e constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day, "Thy will be done." We are then in much less danger of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity, or foolish decisions. We become much more efficient. We do not tire so easily, for we are not burning up energy foolishly as we did when we were trying to arrange life to suit ourselves.
1976, 2001 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 87-8
Thought to Consider . . .

It works - it really does.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

F I T

Faith, Intuition, and Trust









Daily Reflection

FILLING THE VOID
We needed to ask ourselves but one short question. "Do I
now believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a
Power greater than myself?" As soon as a man can say that
he does believe, or is willing to believe, we emphatically
assure him that he is on his way.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 47

I was always fascinated with the study of scientific
principles. I was emotionally and physically distant from
people while I pursued Absolute Knowledge. God and
spirituality were meaningless academic exercises. I was a
modern man of science, knowledge was my Higher Power.
Given the right set of equations, life was merely another
problem to solve. Yet my inner self was dying from my
outer man's solution to life's problems and the solution was
alcohol. In spite of my intelligence, alcohol became my
Higher Power. It was through the unconditional love which
emanated from A.A. people and meetings that I was able to
discard alcohol as my Higher Power. The great void was
filled. I was no longer lonely and apart from life. I had
found a true power greater than myself, I had found God's
love. There is only one equation which really matters to me
now: God is in A.A.


Pot Luck   


The Need to Hit Bottom

               Why did we have to get so bad before we get help? Why do we have to hurt so much and suffer so much and need so much before we accepted the program? Could we have just enrolled in the program a year or so before our lives became a shambles?

               In most cases no. In most cases, God cannot step into our lives until we ask Him and trust Him with no holds barred. And not because God is standoffish or judgmental. Not at all. God is always ready for us, always ready to accept our love. But only when we come to Him.

               Most of us have been supervised at some point in our lives by  parents, or sponsors or bosses. What's the difference between dad asking me to rewire the stereo and me surprising dad by doing it myself? What's the difference between my sponsor saying I need to do a quiet time and my calling up my sponsor to say, “Hey there was a great reading in my meditation book this morning and…”, What’s the difference between my boss telling me that report is due Thursday at noon and me coming in Wednesday morning to say, “Here it is, Boss, that report you wanted tomorrow. And listen to this, “I think we got a chance to…”

               What's the difference? My enthusiasm for what I've gone. My participation in what I have done. My willingness to do what I have done. My love for whatever it is I have done. I'm connected to it by inspiration and involvement.

               If the idea comes from me, I’ll accept it. If the idea comes from the outside–no matter how good the idea is–my first impulse will be to fight it. Criticize it. Nitpick it. Search it out for every conceivable flaw. Try to change it and make it my own. Which it will never be because it came from the outside.
               God knows our characters. ?He knows we're stubborn. Hardheaded. He knows if someone tells us that it's Monday, we’ll shoot back, “Not in Borneo.”

               Hey – the only chance we’ve ever had to get better was to come to God on our own, on our knees. And isn't it great? As soon as we get humble, as soon as we honestly ask for help, it feels like we are eight feet tall. Because we have joined forces with a Higher Power, who has been waiting all these years, praying that we would come to Him.

Stephen Beal, Editor, Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment