Friday, January 31, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.01.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday February  1, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


God, help me search myself
to see if I'm holding on to blame
for myself or someone else.
If I am, help me get it out in the open,
Then help me let it go.
--Melody Beattie

If I am what I have
and if I lose what I have
who then am I?
~ Erich Fromm


"The worst loneliness
is not to be comfortable with yourself."
--Mark Twain

You only live once,
but if you do it right,
once is enough.
Mae West

"Nobody stands taller
than those willing to stand corrected."
~William Safire


Big Book Quote


"When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and
physically."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, Page 64~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

KATYA A.
Woodland Hills, CA
@64th Missouri State Convention
Jefferson City, MO
7.31.15




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles

2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Eddie P. ()…..30
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..18
2/29 Royce Mc. ()…..24

0785  Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Step Five - "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."

Hence it was most evident that a solitary self-appraisal, and the admission of our defects based upon that alone, wouldn't be nearly enough. We'd have to have outside help if we were surely to know and admit the truth about ourselves--the help of God and another human being. Only by discussing ourselves, holding back nothing, only by being willing to take advice and accept direction could we set foot on the road to straight thinking, solid honesty, and genuine humility.

p. 59

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

When we think about having a drink, we're thinking of
the kick we get out of drinking, the pleasure, the escape
from boredom, the feeling of self-importance and the
companionship of other drinkers. What we don't think of
is the letdown, the hangover, the remorse, the waste of
money, and the facing of another day. In other words,
when we think about that first drink, we're thinking of
all the assets of drinking and none of the liabilities.
What has drinking really got that we haven't got
in A.A.? Do I believe that the liabilities of drinking outweigh
the assets?

Meditation For The Day

I will start a new life each day. I will put the old
mistakes away and start anew each day. God always offers
me a fresh start. I will not be burdened or anxious. If
God's forgiveness were only for the righteous and those
who had not sinned, where would be its need? I believe
that God forgives us all our sins, if we are honestly
trying to live today the way He wants us to live. God
forgives us much and we should be very grateful.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that my life may not be spoiled by worry and fear
and selfishness. I pray that I may have a glad, thankful
and humble heart.

Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Unity

In many self-governing countries we are now seeing the inroads of ignorance, apathy, and power-seeking upon democratic systems. Their spiritual resources of right purpose and collective intelligence are waning. Consequently, many a land has become so helpless that the only answer is dictatorship. Happily for us, there seems little prospect of such a calamity in A.A. The life of each individual and of each group is built around our Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. We very well know that the penalty for extensive disobedience to these principles is death for the individual and dissolution for the group. An even greater force for A.A.'s unity is in the compelling love that we have for our fellow members and for the principles upon which our lives today are founded.
Bill W.

c. 1962 AAWS
Twelve Concepts for World Service, 26th printing,  p. 8

Thought to Consider . . .

Only those who see the invisible can accomplish the impossible.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

S O B
Sober Old Bag



Daily Reflection


GOAL: SANITY
". . . Step Two gently and very gradually began to infiltrate
my life. I can't say upon what occasion or upon what day I
came to believe in a Power greater than myself, but I
certainly have that belief now."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 27

"Came to believe!" I gave lip service to my belief when I
felt like it or when I thought it would look good. I didn't
really trust God. I didn't believe He cared for me. I kept
trying to change things I couldn't change. Gradually, in
disgust, I began to turn it all over, saying: "You're so
omnipotent, you take care of it." He did. I began to receive
answers to my deepest problems, sometimes at the most
unusual times: driving to work, eating lunch, or when I was
sound asleep. I realized that I hadn't thought of those
solutions—a Power greater than myself had given them to
me. I came to believe.


Pot Luck   



We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend…Robert Louis Stevenson

Today I’m thinking about what makes a good friend…so…then I thought I would do an honest inventory of what type of friend I am. Am I there for others in the bad times as well as the good times? Do I still hurt others with my thoughtless beliefs and old ideas…

As a recovering person, I soon realized that the disease of alcoholism and drug addiction destroyed many of our relationships, plus it took away our ability to get close to others.

Recovery is all about bettering our relationships. Our lives depend upon this. We find honest friends in recovery. We are not alone anymore.

We are honest with each other about our character defects and work to help each other have better, ever-closer relationships. Our lives also depend upon this.

Steps 6 and 7 in our Spiritual Program of Action are especially helpful tools in our spiritual tool kit…we have come to understand that as we are able to let go of old ideas…old behaviors…our relationships with others can deepen with acceptance and forgiveness…both of self and of others…

Over time, we see that, even though people can be a pain at times, friendships and relationships are the best things in life.

Dearest GOOD GOD, teach me how to be a good, honest friend. Comfort us as we travel this rocky road of ups and downs…of growth…of perseverance...

Love, from my heart to yours,

Patti Locascio



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment