Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 01.15.20







Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday  January  15, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL



"I focus on what's really important in life.
Quality rather than appearance…
ethics rather than rules...
integrity rather than achievement…
serenity rather than acquisitions."
~Dr. Wayne Dyer

And In the End...
"It's like, at the end, there's this surprise quiz:
am I proud of me? I gave my life
to become the person I am right now!
Was it worth what I paid?"
~Richard Bach

I've shut the door on yesterday,
And thrown the key away.
Tomorrow holds no fears for me,
Since I have found today.
-- Vivian Yeiser Laramore

"Peace is to be found only within,
and unless one finds it there
he will never find it at all.
Peace lies not in the external world.
It lies within ones own soul."
~Ralph W. Trine



Big Book Quote


"If God can solve the age-old riddle of alcoholism, He can solve your
problems too."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, To Wives, Page 116~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day


MARTY STECKDAUB
Murietta CA
62nd Texas State Convention
Ft Worth, TX
06.2007




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

January 2020 Miracles

1/1 Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..36
1/1 Severine W. (Sacramento, CA)…..3
1/1 Elena C. (NYC, NY)…..4
1/1 Nancy W. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..32
1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
1/1 Jessica C. (NYC, NY)…..6
1/1 Deirdre K. (Madison, NJ)…..15
1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..15
1/1 Ray A. (Surrey, BC, Canada)…..2
1/1 Lauren B. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..2
1/1 Terrance R. (Morris Plains, NJ)…..26
1/1 Brad R. (Washington, DC)…..9
1/2 Joe B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..6
1/2 Robbie H. (White Rock, BC)…..7
1/2 Brian C. (Port Washington, NY)…..4
1/2 Mercedes G. (Tampa. FL)…..1
1/2 Joe D. (NYC,NY)…..1
1/2 Tara H. (Scarsdale, NY)…..5
1/2 Gregory B. (New York, NY)…..8
1/3 Billy M. (Louisville, KY)…..41
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..42
1/3 Grace C. (Stuart, FL)…..29
1/4 Nicola H. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..1
1/4 Kevin J. (RI)…..29
1/5 Donna M. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..46
1/5 Paola V. (London, UK)….14
1/5 Gwen F. (Key West, FL)…..12
1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX)…..8
1/6 Mike S. (Jacksonville, FL)…..14
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..14
1/6 David M. (Las Vegas, NV)…..24
1/6 Ann OK-B (Stuart FL/Greenwich, CT)…..41
1/6 George R. (Stratham, NH)…..8
1/6 Karen F. (Clinton, NJ)…..2
1/7 Alexis E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..18
1/7 Ray W. (Long Island)…..8
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..22
1/7 Luke T. (Nantucket, MA)…..1
1/7 Liz O. (New York, NY)…..16
1/8 Alan J. (Stone Ridge, NY)…..12
1/8 Lou S. Sarasota, FL)…..7
1/9 Tefft W. (Washington, DC)…..35
1/9 Ginger E. (Southern Pines, NC)…..11
1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY)…..20
1/10 Paula B. (Charleston, SC)…..37
1/10 Janice E. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..20
1/10 Tom D. (Dallas, TX)…..29
1/12 Padraic O. (Whistler, BC, Canada)…..7
1/12 David F. (Windermere, BC, CA)…..7
1/12 Shabab N. (Bethesda, MD)…..17
1/12 Lynne C. (Three Bridges, NJ)…..14
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..7
1/13 Robbie H. (FL/VA)…..38
1/13 Ken R. (Norfolk, MA)…..17
1/13 John E. (Reading, UK)….5
1/13 Brian G. (Ridgewood, NJ)…..30
1/13 Rick H. (Vero Beach, FL)…..2
1/13 Dennis B. (Northport, FL)…..31
1/13 David S. (Boston, MA)…..34
1/14 Maria H. (New York, NY)…..26
1/14 Dot C. (Acton, MA)…..7
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC/Denver.CO)…..26
1/14 Glenda Mc. (Leesburg, FL)…..42
1/15 Bob W. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..37
1/15 Sue J. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
1/15 Mike R. (Englewood, NJ)…..29
1/15 Steve D. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..8
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..15
1/16 Tree A. (San Anselmo, CA)…..31
1/17 Helen C. (Folkestone, UK)…..48
1/17 Scott M. (New York, NY)…..6
1/19 Rob W. (St Mary’s . GA) …..3
1/19 Rhonda L. (Stuart, FL)…..18
1/19 Carol L. (Aspen, CO)…..29
1/19 Alan S. (Hiawassee. GA)…..7
1/20 Paul M. (Shediac, NB, Canada)…..39
1/20 Peter G. (Scoudouc, NB, Canada)…..39
1/21 Levi S. (London, UK)…..5
1/21 Shane S. (Methuen, MA)…..1
1/21 Heather N. (Wylie,TX)…..23
1/21 Brian Mc. (Mahwah, NJ)…..36
1/22 Stacey C. (Austin, TX)…..13
1/22 Keith B. (Stuart, FL)…..22
1/22 Paul S. (Exeter, NH)…..2
1/23 Mike C. (Solon, OH)…..5
1/23 Susie S. (Legarto, TX)…..25
1/24 Paul B. (Newburyport, MA)…..34
1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY)…..
1/25 PJ C. (Bel Air, 28MD)…..5
1/25 Steve L. (Palm Coast, FL)…..2
1/25 Thomas Mac. (Airdrie, Scotland)…..31
1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT)…..5
1/27 Iris M. F. (Naples, FL)…..22
1/28 Karen Ann B. (Stuart, FL)…..1
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..44
1/30 Keith C. (Denham Springs, LA)…..11
1/30 Collen S. (Bedminster, NJ)…..2
1/31 Bob P. (Jacksonville, NC)…..36
1/31 Diane B. (Cape Cod, MA)…..27
1/31 Sandy W,  (East Hampton, NY)…..25

1697 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

Suppose that financial insecurity constantly arouses these same feelings. I can ask myself to what extent have my own mistakes fed my gnawing anxieties. And if the actions of others are part of the cause, what can I do about that? If I am unable to change the present state of affairs, am I willing to take the measures necessary to shape my life to conditions as they are? Questions like these, more of which will come to mind easily in each individual case, will help turn up the root causes.

pp. 52-53


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

The A.A. program is a way of life. It's a way of living
and we have to learn to live the program if we're going
to stay sober. The twelve steps in the book are like
guide posts. They point the direction in which we have to
go. But each member of the group has to find his own best
way of living the program. We don't all do it exactly
alike. Whether by quiet times in the morning, meetings,
working with others, or spreading the word, we have to
learn to live the program. Has A.A. become my regular,
natural way of living?

Meditation For The Day

I will relax and not get tense. I will have no fear,
because everything will work out in the end. I will learn
soul-balance and poise in a vacillating, changing world.
I will claim God's power and use it because if I do not
use it, it will be withdrawn. As long as I get back to God
and replenish my strength after each task, no work can be
too much
.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may relax and that God's strength will be
given to me. I pray that I may subject my will to God's
will and be free from all tenseness.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Keynotes

W
e can try to stop making unreasonable demands upon those we love. We can show kindness where we had shown none. With those we dislike we can begin to practice justice and courtesy, perhaps going out of our way to understand and help them. Whenever we fail any of these people, we can promptly admit it - to ourselves always, and to them also, when the admission would be helpful. Courtesy, kindness, justice, and love are the keynotes by which we may come into harmony with practically anybody.
c. 1952 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 93

Thought to Consider . . .

Let us always love the best in others - and never fear the worst
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H O W
Honest, Open-minded and Willing


Daily Reflection

AN UNSUSPECTED INNER RESOURCE
With few exceptions our members find that they have
tapped an unsuspected inner resource which they presently
identify with their own conception of a Power greater than
themselves
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, pp. 569-70

From my first days in A.A., as I struggled for sobriety, I
found hope in these words from our founders. I often
pondered the phrase: "they have tapped an unsuspected
inner resource." How, I asked myself, can I find the Power
within myself, since I am so powerless? In time, as the
founders promised, it came to me: I have always had the
choice between goodness and evil, between unselfishness
and selfishness, between serenity and fear. That Power
greater than myself is an original gift that I did not
recognize until I achieved daily sobriety through living
A.A.'s Twelve Steps.



Pot Luck   

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

GENEROSITY

"Liberty is the one thing you
can't have unless you give it to
others."
-- William Allen White

Spirituality is rooted in a respect for self that demands an equal respect for others. I
can expect to be treated with dignity if I afford dignity to others. In the one is the key
to the many.

For years I lived a compulsive life that only made me self-centered and spoiled, and it
didn't work! I was unhappy, lonely and resentful. Today I find that the more I give to
others the more I receive. Less is more.

In this sense it is much easier to be good than bad because "goodness" works!

Spirit of generosity, may I always reflect the gratitude that gives.







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment