Friday, January 3, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 01.04.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday January  4, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


“It doesn’t do too much good to carry the Big Book on your arm all day
if you don’t open it up and read it.”
~Grapevine: Oceanside, California, June 2000

Today I will be open to growing
in my understanding of my Higher Power.
I will be open to letting go of old,
limiting, negative beliefs about God.
No matter how I understand God,
I will be grateful
that God understands me.
--Melody Beattie

A bird that you set free may be caught again,
but a word that escapes your lips will not return.
--Jewish Proverb

Enjoy life,
that's what God intended.
--unknown

Live life to the fullest and make the best of what today has to offer
without worry and fear of what tomorrow might bring.
--unknown


Big Book Quote


"We think it no concern of ours what religious bodies our members
identify themselves with as individuals. This should be an entirely
personal affair which each one decides for himself in the light of
past associations, or his present choice."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 2




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

REVEREND ART G.
Richmond, VA
@Lake Brownwood
09.16.1967


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

January 2020 Miracles

1/1 Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..36
1/1 Severine W. (Sacramento, CA)…..3
1/1 Elena C. (NYC, NY)…..4
1/1 Nancy W. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..32
1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
1/1 Jessica C. (NYC, NY)…..6
1/1 Deirdre K. (Madison, NJ)…..15
1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..15
1/1 Ray A. (Surrey, BC, Canada)…..2
1/2 Joe B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..6
1/2 Robbie H. (White Rock, BC)…..7
1/2 Brian C. (Port Washington, NY)…..4
1/2 Mercedes G. (Tampa. FL)…..1
1/2 Joe D. (NYC,NY)…..1
1/3 Billy M. (Louisville, KY)…..41
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..42
1/4 Nicola H. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..1
1/4 Kevin J. (RI)…..29
1/5 Donna M. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..46
1/5 Paola V. (London, UK)….14
1/5 Gwen F. (Key West, FL)…..12
1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX)…..8
1/6 Mike S. (Jacksonville, FL)…..14
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..14
1/6 David M. (Las Vegas, NV)…..24
1/6 Ann OK-B (Stuart FL/Greenwich, CT)…..41
1/7 Alexis E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..18
1/7 Ray W. (Long Island)…..8
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..22
1/7 Luke T. (Nantucket, MA)…..1
1/8 Alan J. (Stone Ridge, NY)…..12
1/9 Tefft W. (Washington, DC)…..35
1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY)…..20
1/10 Paula B. (Charleston, SC)…..37
1/10 Janice E. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..20
1/12 Padraic O. (Whistler, BC, Canada)…..7
1/12 David F. (Windermere, BC, CA)…..7
1/12 Shabab N. (Bethesda, MD)…..17
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..7
1/13 Robbie H. (FL/VA)…..38
1/13 Ken R. (Norfolk, MA)…..17
1/13 John E. (Reading, UK)….5
1/13 Rick H. (Vero Beach, FL)…..2
1/14 Maria H. (New York, NY)…..26
1/14 Dot C. (Acton, MA)…..7
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC/Denver.CO)…..26
1/15 Bob W. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..37
1/15 Sue J. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
1/15 Mike R. (Englewood, NJ)…..29
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..15
1/17 Helen C. (Folkestone, UK)…..48
1/17 Scott M. (New York, NY)…..6
1/19 Rob W. (St Mary’s . GA) …..3
1/19 Rhonda L. (Stuart, FL)…..18
1/21 Levi S. (London, UK)…..5
1/21 Shane S. (Methuen, MA)…..1
1/21 Heather N. (Wylie,TX)…..23
1/21 Brian Mc. (Mahwah, NJ)…..36
1/22 Stacey C. (Austin, TX)…..13
1/23 Mike C. (Solon, OH)…..5
1/25 PJ C. (Bel Air,MD)…..5
1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT)…..5
1/28 Karen Ann B. (Stuart, FL)…..1
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..44
1/30 Keith C. (Denham Springs, LA)…..11
1/31 Bob P. (Jacksonville, NC)…..36

1024  Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

Of course the depressive and the power-driver are personality extremes, types with which A.A. and the whole world abound. Often these personalities are just as sharply defined as the examples given. But just as often some of us will fit more or less into both classifications. Human beings are never quite alike, so each of us, when making an inventory, will need to determine what his individual character defects are. Having found the shoes that fit, he ought to step into them and walk with new confidence that he is at last on the right track.

p. 48

Twenty-Four Hours


A.A. Thought for the Day

Have I admitted I am an alcoholic?
Have I swallowed my pride and admitted I was different
from ordinary drinkers? Have I accepted the fact that
I must spend the rest of my life without liquor?
Have I any more reservations, any idea in the back of my mind that some
day I'll be able to drink safely?
Am I absolutely honest with my self and with other people?
Have I taken an inventory of myself and admitted the wrong I have done?
Have I come clean with my friends?
Have I tried to make it up to them for the way I have treated them?

Meditation for the Day

I will believe that fundamentally all is well. Good things will happen to me.
I believe that God cares for me and will provide for me. I will not try to plan ahead.
I know that the way will unfold, step by step. I will leave tomorrow's burden to God, because He is the great burden-bearer. He only expects me to carry my one-day's share.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not try to carry the burden of the universe on my shoulders.
I pray that I may be satisfied to do my share each day.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Meetings

Through going to meetings and listening, and occasionally speaking, through doing Twelfth Step work, whereby in  helping others you are both the teacher and the student, by making many wonderful A.A. friends, I have been taught all the things in life that are worth having.
c. 1976 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous, (3rd Edition), p. 416

Thought to Consider . . .

M
eetings:  A checkup from the neck up
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

W I L L I N G
When I Live Life, I Need God



Daily Reflection

BEGIN WHERE YOU ARE
We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning.
A much more important demonstration of our principles
lies before us in our respective homes, occupations and
affairs.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 19

It's usually pretty easy for me to be pleasant to the people
in an A.A. setting. While I'm working to stay sober, I'm
celebrating with my fellow A.A.S our common release from
the hell of drinking. It's often not so hard to spread glad
tidings to my old and new friends in the program.
At home or at work, though, it can be a different story. It
is in situations arising in both of those areas that the little
day-to-day frustrations are most evident, and where it can
be tough to smile or reach out with a kind word or an
attentive ear. It's outside of the A.A. rooms that I face the
real test of the effectiveness of my walk through A.A.'s
Twelve Steps.





Pot Luck   

Am I On the Spiritual Path?
I am really on the spiritual path:
If I always look for the best in each person, situation, and thing.
If I resolutely turn my back on the past, good or bad, and live only in the present and future.
If I forgive everybody without exception, no matter what they may have done, and if I then forgive MYSELF whole-heartedly.
If I regard my job as sacred and do my day's work to the very best of my ability (whether I like it or not).
If I take every means to demonstrate a healthy body and harmonious surroundings for myself.
If I endeavor to make my life of as much service to others as possible, without interfering or fussing.
If I take every opportunity wisely to spread the knowledge of the Truth to others.
If I rigidly refrain from personal criticism, and neither speak nor listen to gossip.
If I devote at least a half hour a day to prayer and meditation.
If I read at least fifteen minutes of spiritual literature every day.
If I specifically claim spiritual understanding for myself every day.
If I train myself to give the first thought on awakening to God.
If I speak the Truth for the whole world every day, say, at noon.
If I PRACTICE the Golden Rule instead of merely admiring it: "Whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them." The important point about the Golden Rule is that I am to practice it whether the other fellow does or not.
If above all, I understand that whatever I see is but a picture that can be changed for the better by Conscious Contact with our Creator.
If you want to demonstrate, ask yourself once a week how far you are observing these points in your life.

Emmet Fox




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment