Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 01.02.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Thursday January  2, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant,
to enact gratitude is generous and noble,
but to live gratitude is to touch heaven.
~Johannes Gaertner

Every morning you are handed 24 golden hours.
They are one of the few things in thisworld that you get free of charge.
If you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy an extra hour.
What will you do with this priceless treasure?
~Anonymous

Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity.
~Sammy Davis, Jr.

“The realization that I had experienced something spiritual was in itself a spiritual experience, and I am only slowly understanding its implications.
What happened in the past, without my knowledge, is probably continuing now.
And in the future, when tomorrow becomes today, it can go on and on.
All that is required is a desire to stop drinking, and to stay stopped.”
~Grapevine: York, Pennsylvania, January 1977


Big Book Quote

"At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not
an end in itself."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 77~



Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

JOE WINDOWS
Woodstock
Crystal Lake
02.21.2009


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

January 2020 Miracles

1/1 Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..36
1/1 Severine W. (Sacramento, CA)…..3
1/1 Elena C. (NYC, NY)…..4
1/1 Nancy W. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..32
1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
1/1 Jessica C. (NYC, NY)…..6
1/1 Deirdre K. (Madison, NJ)…..15
1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..15
1/1 Ray A. (Surrey, BC, Canada)…..2
1/2 Joe B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..6
1/2 Robbie H. (White Rock, BC)…..7
1/2 Brian C. (Port Washington, NY)…..4
1/2 Mercedes G. (Tampa. FL)…..1
1/3 Billy M. (Louisville, KY)…..41
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..42
1/4 Nicola H. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..1
1/4 Kevin J. (RI)…..29
1/5 Donna M. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..46
1/5 Gwen F. (Key West, FL)…..12
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..14
1/7 Alexis E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..18
1/7 Ray W. (Long Island)…..8
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..22
1/7 Luke T. (Nantucket, MA)…..1
1/9 Tefft W. (Washington, DC)…..35
1/12 David F. (Windermere, BC, CA)…..7
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..7
1/13 Robbie H. (FL/VA)…..38
1/13 Ken R. (Norfolk, MA)…..17
1/13 John E. (Reading, UK)….5
1/14 Maria H. (New York, NY)…..26
1/14 Dot C. (Acton, MA)…..7
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC/Denver.CO)…..26
1/15 Bob W. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..37
1/15 Sue J. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
1/15 Mike R. (Englewood, NJ)…..29
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..15
1/19 Rob W. (St Mary’s . GA) …..3
1/19 Rhonda L. (Stuart, FL)…..18
1/21 Levi S. (London, UK)…..5
1/21 Shane S. (Methuen, MA)…..1
1/22 Stacey C. (Austin, TX)…..13
1/25 PJ C. (Bel Air,MD)…..5
1/28 Karen Ann B. (Stuart, FL)…..1
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..44
1/31 Bob P. (Jacksonville, NC)…..36

0735  Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

But in A.A. we slowly learned that something had to be done about our vengeful resentments, self-pity, and unwarranted pride. We had to see that every time we played the big shot, we turned people against us. We had to see that when we harbored grudges and planned revenge for such defeats, we were really beating ourselves with the club of anger we had intended to use on others. We learned that if we were seriously disturbed, our first need was to quiet that disturbance, regardless of who or what we thought caused it.

p. 47

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

What makes A.A. work? The first thing is to have a revulsion against
myself and my way of living. Then I must admit I was helpless, that
alcohol had me licked and I couldn't
do anything about it. The next
thing is to honestly want to quit the old life. Then I must surrender
my life to a Higher Power, put my drinking problem in His hands and
leave it there. After these things are done, I should attend meetings
regularly for fellowship and sharing. I should also try to help other
alcoholics. Am I doing these things?

Meditation For The Day

You are so made that you can only carry the weight of twenty-four
hours, no more. If you weigh yourself down with the years behind and
the days ahead, your back breaks. God has promised to help with the
burdens of the day only. If you are foolish enough to gather again
that burden of the past and carry it, then indeed you cannot expect
God to help you bear it. So forget that which lies behind you and
breathe in the blessing of each new day.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may realize that, for good or bad, past days have ended.
I pray that I may face each new day, the coming twenty-four hours,
with hope and courage.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(    \(AA
)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Pride

We scarcely need to be reminded that excessive guilt or rebellion leads to spiritual poverty. But it was a very long time before we knew we could go even more broke on spiritual pride. When we early A.A.'s got our first glimmer of how spiritually prideful we could be, we coined this expression: "Don't try to get too damned good by Thursday!" That old-time admonition may look like another of those handy alibis that can excuse us from trying our best. Yet a closer view reveals just the contrary. This is our A.A. way of warning against pride-blindness, and the imaginary perfection's that we do not possess. 
Bill W., June 1961
c. 1988 AA Grapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 255


Thought to Consider . . .

P
ride without gratitude is arrogance.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

L E T  G O
Leave Everything To God, Okay?



Daily Reflection

FIRST, THE FOUNDATION
Is sobriety all that we can expect of a spiritual awakening?
No, sobriety is only a bare beginning.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 8

Practicing the A.A. program is like building a house. First I
had to pour a big, thick concrete slab on which to erect the
house; that, to me, was the equivalent of stopping drinking.
But it's pretty uncomfortable living on a concrete slab,
unprotected and exposed to the heat, cold, wind and rain.
So I built a room on the slab by starting to practice the
program. The first room was rickety because I wasn't used
to the work. But as time passed, as I practiced the program,
I learned to build better rooms. The more I practiced, and
the more I built, the more comfortable, and happy, was the
home I now have to live in.



Pot Luck   

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

TEMPTATION

"What makes resisting
temptation difficult for many
people is that they don't want to
discourage it completely."
--Franklin P. Jones

Usually I am tempted because I want to be. I allow myself to get too
close to the object of my desire or I invite the problem into my life
knowing that I will not resist it. Then I use my "imperfection" as an
excuse! In this way I manipulate my spiritual program and become
dishonest.

When I first got sober, I did not allow alcohol in my house; I did not go
to bars; I did not spend time with heavy drinkers; I avoided airplanes
or places that I would associate with alcohol. This disciplined approach
to sobriety worked. If you don't invite the enemy in, you won't get
beaten up. I need to continue to remember these simple rules and not
get complacent in my sobriety.

Let me keep temptation out of my life by avoiding it.



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment