Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 12.04.15





Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday December 4, 2019

From Jacksonville, FL


"You will never change your life
until you change something you do daily."
--Mike Murdock

What I am looking for is not out there,
it is in me.
~Helen Keller

"In my own case, the foundation stone of freedom from fear is that of faith:
a faith that, despite all worldly appearances to the contrary, causes me to believe
that I live in a universe that makes sense.
To me, this means a belief in a Creator who is all power, justice, and love;
a God who intends for me a purpose, a meaning and a destiny to grow,
however little and halting, toward his own likeness and image.
Before the coming of faith I had lived as an alien in a cosmos
that too often seemed both hostile and cruel.
In it there could be no inner security for me."
Bill W. "The Best of Bill"

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.


Big Book Quote

When working with a man and his family, you should take care not to participate in their quarrels. You may spoil your chance of being
helpful if you do. But urge upon a man's family that he has been a
very sick person and should be treated accordingly. You should warn against arousing resentment or jealousy. You should point out that his defects of character are not going to disappear over night. Show them that he has entered upon a period of growth. Ask them to remember, when they are impatient, the blessed fact of his sobriety.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 100~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

AL W.
Washington, DC
@Alexandria, VA
06.14.86



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

December 2019 Miracles

12/1 Beth S. (Albuquerque, NM/Madison, NH)…..24
12/2 Wendy M. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..30
12/3 Ancil D. (Bloomington, IN)…..1
13/3 Walter S. (Jacksonville, FL)…..26
12/4 Fred E. (Stuttgart, DE)…..8
12/4 Mike K. (Floral Park, NY)…..1
12/4 Lisa B. (Trenton, MI)…..24
12/5 Sophie G. (Larchmont, NY)…..7
12/5 Bob H. ()…..35
12/5 Matt G. (Colts Neck, NJ)…..11
12/6 Dave B. (Venice, FL)…..28
12/8 Lynne L. (Portland, OR)…..46
12/8 Ed B. (Lawrenceville, NJ)…..18
12/10 Susan M. (Mendham, NJ)…..1
12/10 Kathy R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
12/11 Dawn K. ()…..12
12/11 Brendan B. (At Home)…..1
12/10 Paul K/ Gypsy (Nantucket MA / Anguilla)…..13
12/14 Linda M. (Salem, NH)…..7
12/14 Bob P. (Cullman, AL)…..29
12/15 John M. (Paros, Greece)…..17
12/16 Mike S. (Raleigh, NC)…..3
12/16 Carrie F. (Selinsgrove, PA)…..15
12/17 Joe K. (North Port, FL)…..36
12/18  Chris V. (Nashville, TN)…..12
12/18 Kevin T. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..27
12/19 Autumn M. (Jacksonville, FL)…..2
12/19 Kathleen S. (Haverhill, MA)…..39
12/19 Mary F. (West Newbury, MA)…..21
12/22 Dick McD. (New York, NY)…..42
12/23 Pete G. (Larchmont, NY)…..39
12/23 Cathy B. (Princeton, NJ)…..15
12/26 Chick R. (Oak Forest, IL)…..22
12/27 Zoe R. (Kent, UK)…..1
12/28 Johanna T. (Cobleskill, NY)…..19
12/31 Aussie Ian (Bangkok)…..25
12/31 Jake R. (Prattville, AL)…..44
12/31 Tabatha J. (Charlotte, NC)…..7


0720  Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Three - "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."

Like all the remaining Steps, Step Three calls for affirmative action, for it is only by action that we can cut away the self-will which has always blocked the entry of God--or, if you like, a Higher Power--into our lives. Faith, to be sure, is necessary, but faith alone can avail nothing. We can have faith, yet keep God out of our lives. Therefore our problem now becomes just how and by what specific means shall we be able to let Him in? Step Three represents our first attempt to do this. In fact, the effectiveness of the whole A.A. program will rest upon how well and earnestly we have tried to come to "a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."

pp. 34-35

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

If we allow an alcoholic thought to lodge in our minds for
any length of time, we are in danger of having a slip.
Therefore we must dispel such thoughts at once, by refusing
their admittance and by immediately putting constructive
thoughts in their place. Remember that alcohol is poison to
you. Remember that it is impossible for you to drink
normally. Remember that one drink will lead to another and
you will eventually be drunk. Remember what happened to you
in the past as a result of your drinking. Think of every
reason you have learned in A.A. for not taking that drink.
Fill your mind with constructive thoughts. Am I keeping my
thoughts constructive?

Meditation For The Day

Always seek to set aside the valuations of the world which
seem wrong and try to judge only by those valuations which
seem right to you. Do not seek too much the praise and
notice of men. Be one of those who, though sometimes scoffed
at, have a serenity and peace of mind which the scoffers
never know. Be one of that band who feel the Divine Principle
in the universe, though He be often rejected by men because
He cannot be seen.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may not heed too much the judgment of men.
I pray that I may test things by what seems right to me.



Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Meditation

"We liked A.A. all right, and were quick to say that it had done miracles. But we recoiled from meditation and prayer as obstinately as the scientist who refused to perform a certain experiment lest it prove his pet theory wrong. Of course, we finally did experiment, and when unexpected results followed, we felt different; in fact we knew different; and so were sold on meditation and prayer. And that, we have found, can happen to anybody who tries. It has been said that 'almost the only scoffers at prayer are those who never tried it enough.'"
c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 97

Thought to Consider . . .

M
editation means trusting the silence around me for a while, as if it were an answer I had long sought.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B I G  B O O K
Believing In God Beats Our Old Knowledge



Daily Reflection

INTO ACTION
A. A. is more than a set of principles; it is a society of
alcoholics in action. We must carry the message, else we
ourselves can wither and those who haven't been given the
truth may die.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 13

I desperately wanted to live, but if I was to succeed, I had to
become active in our God-given program. I joined what
became my group, where I opened the hall, made coffee,
and cleaned up. I had been sober about three months when
an oldtimer told me I was doing Twelfth-Step work. What a
satisfying realization that was! I felt I was really
accomplishing something. God had given me a second
chance, A.A. had shown me the way, and these gifts were
not only free—they were also priceless! Now the joy of
seeing newcomers grow reminds me of where I have come
from, where I am now, and the limitless possibilities that he
ahead. I need to attend meetings because they recharge my
batteries so that I have light when it's needed. I'm still a
beginner in service work, but already I am receiving more
than I'm giving. I can't keep it unless I give it away. I am
responsible when another reaches out for help. I want to be
there—sober.



Pot Luck


Praying is talking to God, and meditation is listening for the answer."

In Step Eleven, we “Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him.” For a long time, I wondered what the difference between prayer and meditation was, and then I heard this quote. While it immediately made sense, there were important distinctions I soon had to learn.

In the beginning, my prayers were all about what I wanted to see happen for me and other people. I was busy telling God what to do: “Please let me get that job,” “Help my friend get better,” “Don’t let me lose [. . .].” It took me a long time to realize that God’s will for my life and others far exceeded my limited vision and best intentions.

After years of developing faith through experience, I finally see the wisdom in the second part of Step Eleven: “praying only for the knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out.” That knowledge is the answer I listen for in meditation. My faith today comes from my experience in knowing that God’s will for myself or others is always better than what I could think up. Today, I sincerely pray for the knowledge of God’s will, and I listen for the best ways to carry that out.





Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment