Thursday, November 21, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 11.22.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Friday November 22, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


There are glimpses of heaven in every act, or thought, or word
That raises us above ourselves.
--Arthur Stanley

When everything seems to go wrong, just P.U.S.H.!
When the job gets you down, just P.U.S.H.!
When people don't react the way you think they should, just P.U.S.H.!
When your money looks funny and the bills are due, just P.U.S.H.!
When you want to give up because it looks hopeless, just P.U.S.H.!
P.U.S.H - Pray Until Something Happens!!!!!
--Randy Walker

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves
to recognize how good things really are."
--Marianne Williamson

"... when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but
are grateful for the abundance that's present
--love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature,
and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure
--the wasteland of illusion falls away
and we experience heaven on earth."
--Sarah Ban Brethnach


Big Book Quote

"Let no alcoholic say he cannot recover unless he has his family
back. This just isn't so. In some cases the wife will never come
back for one reason or another. Remind the prospect that his
recovery is not dependent upon people. It is dependent upon his
relationship with God. We have seen men get well whose families have not returned at all.
We have seen others slip when the family came back too soon."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 99~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

ALBERT MYERS
Omaha NE
8.12.88


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

November 2019 Miracles

11/1 Trish H. (Brick, NJ)…..28
11/2 Liz L. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..12
11/2 Ruth H. (Brielle, NJ/Key Largo, FL)…..1
11/2 Joyce C. (Sasn Diego, CA)…..9
11/3 Katy R. (Portland, OR)…..28
11/3 MaryBeth F. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..5
11/3 Lori Z. (Milford, NH)…..21
11/4 Pat O’D. (Boston,MA)…..39
11/4 Lou L. (Smithtown, NY)…..23
11/5 Kent L. (Silverdale, WA)…..34
11/5 Donna M. (Methuen, MA)…..13
11/5 Chrissie R. (Hilton Head, SC)…..1
11/7 Mike S. (Danvers, MA)…..28
11/7 Leslie E. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..13
11/7 Harry D. (Hampstead, NH)…..28
11/7 Craig S. (Vero Beach, FL)…..14
11/7 Sandi A. (Bristol, UK)…..45
11/8 Brian R. (Olney, MD)…..4
11/8 Richard F. (Georgia, VT)…..10
11/9 Matt K. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..9
11/9 Joanne B. (Danvers, MA)…..14
11/9 Jessie R. (Carmel. NY)…..13
11/10 Russ S. (Palm City, FL)…..34
11/10 Donna P. (Chelmsford, MA)…..18
11/10 Aaron M. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..1
11/11 Jay D. (Danbury, CT/Stuart, FL)…..38
11/11 Judie J. (Peterborough, NH)…..16
11/11 Lee J. (Waikiki, HI)…..30
11/12 Ray G. (Massillon, OH)…..7
11/12 Billy M. (NY, NY)…..3
11/13 Zack A. (NY, NY)…..5
11/13 Henry E. (Marlboro, MA)…..27
11/13 Paul M. (Aberystwyth, Wales)…..10
11/13 Joe J. (Ludlow, VT)…..14
11/15 Jamie G. (Seymour, CT)…..4
11/15 Ned W. (Portland , ME)…..34
11/16 Monte M. (Conway, NH)…..15
11/16 Jayne W. (Algarve, Portugal)…..34
11/17 Danny K. (Astoria, NY)…..10
11/18 Alex S. (NY, NY)…..6
11/19 Eva B-E. (North Port, FL)…..21
11/19 Jarryd K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..3
11/19 Jennifer S. (Rockaway, NJ)…..2
11/20 Joseph H. (Jacksonville, FL)…..1
11/22 Chip B. (Destin, FL and Thereabouts)…..32
11/22 Kelly B. (St. Pete Beach, FL).....37
11/22 Terry S. (Maui, HI)…..2
11/22 Anne T-F. (Madison, CT)…..44
11/22 Brandi S. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..6
11/22 Art K. (Vernon, BC, Canada)…..26
11/23 Alan P. (West Palm Beach, FL)…..49
11/23 Elaine J. (Newport Beach, CA)…..34
11/23 Donna B. (Hampton, NH)…..39
11/23 Mark B. (Boston, MA)…..1
11/23 Colleen M. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
11/24 Ray G. (Bangor, ME)…..51
11/24 Tony da Brooklyn Buddha/Mastic Beach…..17
11/24 Karen P. (Waynesville, NC)…..31
11/24 Imogen B, (London, UK)…..16
11/25 Ronni J. (Michigan City, IN)…..23
11/26 Pam B. (Mukwonago WI/ Summerfield FL)…..35
11/28 Hendy H. (Islington, MA)…..46
11/28 Jane W. (Vermont)…..2
11/29 Debbie M. (Bedford, MA)…..5
11/29 Deleano S. (Virgin Gorda, BVI)…..7
11/30 Dave C. (Methuen, MA)…..22
11/30 Peter V. (Kittery, ME)…..39
11/30 Ted D. (Whitefish Bay, WI)…..8


1159  Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Two - "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

Sometimes A.A. comes harder to those who have lost or rejected faith than to those who never had any faith at all, for they think they have tried faith and found it wanting. They have tried the way of faith and the way of no faith. Since both ways have proved bitterly disappointing, they have concluded there is no place whatever for them to go. The roadblocks of indifference, fancied self-sufficiency, prejudice, and defiance often prove more solid and formidable for these people than any erected by the unconvinced agnostic or even the militant atheist. Religion says the existence of God can be proved; the agnostic says it can't be proved; and the atheist claims proof of the nonexistence of God. Obviously, the dilemma of the wanderer from faith is that of profound confusion. He thinks himself lost to the comfort of any
conviction at all. He cannot attain in even a small degree the assurance of the believer, the agnostic, or the atheist. He is the bewildered one.

p. 28

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I have got rid of most of my boredom. One of the
hardest things that a new member of A.A. has to
understand is how he can stay sober and not be bored.
Drinking was always the answer to all kinds of boring
people and boring situations. But once you have taken
up the interest of A.A., once you have given it your
time and enthusiasm, boredom should not be a problem
to you. A new life opens up before you that can be
always interesting. Sobriety should give you so many
new interests in life that you shouldn't have time
to be bored. Have I got rid of the fear of being bored?

Meditation For The Day

"If I have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or
a tinkling cymbal." Charity means to care enough about
your fellow man to really want to do something for
him. A smile, a word of encouragement, a word of love,
goes winged on its way, simple enough it may seem,
while the mighty words of an orator fall on deaf ears.
Use up the odd moments of your day in trying to do
some little thing to cheer up your fellow man.
Boredom comes from thinking too much about yourself.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that my day may be brightened by some little
act of charity. I pray that I may try today to overcome
the self-centeredness that makes me bored.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Peace of Mind

"A.A. has taught me that I will have peace of mind in exact proportion to the peace of mind I bring into the lives of other people, and it has taught me the true meaning of the admonition 'happy are ye who know these things and do them.' For the only problems I have now are those I create when I break out in a rash of self-will."
c. 1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 551

Thought to Consider . . .

I never imagined that the greatest achievement of my life would be peace of mind.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

P E A C E
Principles Experienced Activate Change Every day





Daily Reflection

ONLY TWO SINS
. . . there are only two sins; the first is to interfere with the
growth of another human being, and the second is to
interfere with one's own growth.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 542

Happiness is such an elusive state. How often do my
"prayers" for others involve "hidden" prayers for my own
agenda? How often is my search for happiness a boulder in
the path of growth for another, or even myself? Seeking
growth through humility and acceptance brings things that
appear to be anything but good, wholesome and vital. Yet
in looking back, I can see that pain, struggles and setbacks
have all contributed eventually to serenity through growth
in the program.
I ask my Higher Power to help me not cause another's
lack of growth today—or my own.


Pot Luck

Charlie Chaplin
Age 26

As I began to love myself 
I found that anguish and emotional suffering 
are only warning signs that I was living 
against my own truth. 
Today, I know, this is Authenticity.

As I began to love myself 
I understood how much it can offend somebody 
if I try to force my desires on this person, 
even though I knew the time was not right 
and the person was not ready for it, 
and even though this person was me. 
Today I call this Respect.

As I began to love myself 
I stopped craving for a different life, 
and I could see that everything 
that surrounded me 
was inviting me to grow. 
Today I call this Maturity.

As I began to love myself 
I understood that at any circumstance, 
I am in the right place at the right time, 
and everything happens at the exactly right moment. 
So I could be calm. 
Today I call this Self-Confidence.

As I began to love myself 
I quit stealing my own time, 
and I stopped designing huge projects 
for the future. 
Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, 
things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, 
and I do them in my own way 
and in my own rhythm. 
Today I call this Simplicity.

As I began to love myself 
I freed myself of anything 
that is no good for my health – 
food, people, things, situations, 
and everything that drew me down 
and away from myself. 
At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. 
Today I know it is Love of Oneself.

As I began to love myself 
I quit trying to always be right, 
and ever since 
I was wrong less of the time. 
Today I discovered that is Modesty.

As I began to love myself 
I refused to go on living in the past 
and worrying about the future. 
Now, I only live for the moment, 
where everything is happening. 
Today I live each day, 
day by day, 
and I call it Fulfillment.

As I began to love myself 
I recognized 
that my mind can disturb me 
and it can make me sick. 
But as I connected it to my heart, 
my mind became a valuable ally. 
Today I call this connection Wisdom of the Heart.

We no longer need to fear arguments, 
confrontations or any kind of problems 
with ourselves or others. 
Even stars collide, 
and out of their crashing, new worlds are born. 
Today I know: This is Life!
--




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment