Sunday, November 17, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 11.18.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Monday November 18, 2019

From Jacksonville, FL



RELATIONSHIP
Real
Exciting
Love
Affair
Turns
Into
Outrageous
Nightmare,
Sobriety
Hangs
In
Peril


"What you resist persists.
What you look at disappears.
You cannot experience yourself as what you are
until you've encountered what you are not."
~Neale Donald Walsch

"Of all the 'attitudes' we can acquire,
surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important
and by far the most life-changing."
--Zig Ziglar

“No self-pity, no anger, no jealousy, no hate.
What had this program done to me?”
~Grapevine: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, June 1978


Big Book Quote

We try not to indulge in cynicism over the state of the nations, nor
do we carry the worlds troubles on our shoulders. When we see a man sinking into the mire that is alcoholism, we give him first aid and place what we have at his disposal.

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 132





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

JIM POWERS
@Jax Intergroup
Gratitude Banquet
11.16.2019

http://bit.ly/2XrRInR

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

November 2019 Miracles

11/1 Trish H. (Brick, NJ)…..28
11/2 Liz L. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..12
11/2 Ruth H. (Brielle, NJ/Key Largo, FL)…..1
11/2 Joyce C. (Sasn Diego, CA)…..9
11/3 Katy R. (Portland, OR)…..28
11/3 MaryBeth F. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..5
11/3 Lori Z. (Milford, NH)…..21
11/4 Pat O’D. (Boston,MA)…..39
11/4 Lou L. (Smithtown, NY)…..23
11/5 Kent L. (Silverdale, WA)…..34
11/5 Donna M. (Methuen, MA)…..13
11/5 Chrissie R. (Hilton Head, SC)…..1
11/7 Mike S. (Danvers, MA)…..28
11/7 Leslie E. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..13
11/7 Harry D. (Hampstead, NH)…..28
11/7 Craig S. (Vero Beach, FL)…..14
11/7 Sandi A. (Bristol, UK)…..45
11/8 Brian R. (Olney, MD)…..4
11/9 Matt K. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..9
11/9 Joanne B. (Danvers, MA)…..14
11/9 Jessie R. (Carmel. NY)…..13
11/10 Russ S. (Palm City, FL)…..34
11/10 Donna P. (Chelmsford, MA)…..18
11/10 Aaron M. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..1
11/11 Jay D. (Danbury, CT/Stuart, FL)…..38
11/11 Judie J. (Peterborough, NH)…..16
11/11 Lee J. (Waikiki, HI)…..30
11/12 Ray G. (Massillon, OH)…..7
11/12 Billy M. (NY, NY)…..3
11/13 Zack A. (NY, NY)…..5
11/13 Henry E. (Marlboro, MA)…..27
11/13 Paul M. (Aberystwyth, Wales)…..10
11/13 Joe J. (Ludlow, VT)…..14
11/15 Jamie G. (Seymour, CT)…..4
11/15 Ned W. (Portland , ME)…..34
11/16 Monte M. (Conway, NH)…..15
11/16 Jayne W. (Algarve, Portugal)…..34
11/17 Danny K. (Astoria, NY)…..10
11/18 Alex S. (NY, NY)…..6
11/19 Eva B-E. (North Port, FL)…..21
11/19 Jarryd K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..3
11/19 Jennifer S. (Rockaway, NJ)…..2
11/20 Joseph H. (Jacksonville, FL)…..1
11/22 Kelly B. (St. Pete Beach, FL).....37
11/22 Terry S. (Maui, HI)…..2
11/22 Anne T-F. (Madison, CT)…..44
11/22 Brandi S. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..6
11/22 Art K. (Vernon, BC, Canada)…..26
11/23 Alan P. (West Palm Beach, FL)…..49
11/23 Elaine J. (Newport Beach, CA)…..34
11/23 Donna B. (Hampton, NH)…..39
11/23 Mark B. (Boston, MA)…..1
11/23 Colleen M. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
11/24 Ray G. (Bangor, ME)…..51
11/24 Tony da Brooklyn Buddha/Mastic Beach…..17
11/24 Karen P. (Waynesville, NC)…..31
11/24 Imogen B, (London, UK)…..16
11/25 Ronni J. (Michigan City, IN)…..23
11/26 Pam B. (Mukwonago WI/ Summerfield FL)…..35
11/28 Hendy H. (Islington, MA)…..46
11/28 Jane W. (Vermont)…..2
11/29 Debbie M. (Bedford, MA)…..5
11/29 Deleano S. (Virgin Gorda, BVI)…..7
11/30 Dave C. (Methuen, MA)…..22
11/30 Peter V. (Kittery, ME)…..39
11/30 Ted D. (Whitefish Bay, WI)…..8


1127  Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Two - "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

The sponsor continues, “Take for example, my own case. I had a scientific schooling. Naturally I respected, venerated, even worshiped science. As a matter of fact, I still do—all exceot the worship part. Time after time, my instructors held up to me the basic principle of all scientific progress: search and research, again and again, always with the open mind. When I first looked at A.A. my reaction was just like yours. This A.A. business, I thought, is totally unscientific. This I can’t swallow. I simply won’t consider such nonsense.

pp 26-27

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I have got over my procrastination. I was always putting
things off till tomorrow and as a result that never got
done. "There is always another day" was my motto instead
of "Do it now." Under the influence of alcohol, I had
grandiose plans. When I was sober I was too busy getting
over my drunk to start anything. "Some day I'll do that"
-- but I never did it. In A.A. I have learned it's better
to make a mistake once in a while than to never do
anything at all. We learn by trial and error. But we must
act now and not put it off until tomorrow. Have I learned
to do it now?

Meditation For The Day

"Do not hide your light under a bushel. Arise and shine,
for the light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen
in thee." The glory of the Lord shines in the beauty of a
man's character. It is risen in you, even though you can
realize it only in part. "Now you see as in a glass darkly,
but later you will see face to face." The glory of the Lord
is too dazzling for mortals to see fully on earth. But some
of this glory is risen in you when you try to reflect that
light in your life.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may try to be a reflection of the Divine Light.
I pray that some of its rays may shine in my life.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(AA)/     )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Trudging

"Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny. May God bless you and keep you - until then."
c.1976 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 164

Thought to Consider . . .

I didn't know how sick I was until I started getting better.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

O D A A T
One Day At A Time




Daily Reflection

A SAFETY NET
Occasionally. . . . We are seized with a rebellion so
sickening that we simply won't pray. When these things
happen we should not think too ill of ourselves. We should
simply resume prayer as soon as we can, doing what we
know to be good for us.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 105

Sometimes I scream, stomp my feet, and turn my back on
my Higher Power. Then my disease tells me that I am a
failure, and that if I stay angry I'll surely get drunk. In those
moments of self-will it's as if I've slipped over a cliff and
am hanging by one hand. The above passage is my safety
net, in that it urges me to try some new behavior, such as
being kind and patient with myself. It assures me that my
Higher Power will wait until I am willing once again to risk
letting go, to land in the net, and to pray.


Pot Luck

The future you shall know when it has come; before then, forget it…Aeschylus

The Fellowship keeps us grounded in the current moment. We learn to live today. Our planning and scheming and dreaming about tomorrow becomes less time consuming. The idea of living one day at a time makes sense to us. Our Spiritual Program of Action teaches us that life is not about to happen, it is happening, and each moment is important.

When we concentrated only on the future, we couldn't be happy with today. We thought if we could only get to tomorrow, things would be better. Tomorrow never comes, so we were always trapped in a hopeless situation. Now we live one day at a time, and grow moment by moment.

Recovery is about today and living life in the present. Since I no longer have to manage the universe, I have only myself to contend with…today.

Trust life…trust GOOD GOD…trust the process…

Love, from my heart to yours,

Patti Locascio







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment