Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.31.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Thursday  October 31, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


God is the reason you've made it this far.

“Like other men and women,
we AAs look with deep apprehension upon the vast power struggle about us,
a struggle in myriad forms that invades every level, tearing society apart.
I think we AAs are fortunate to be acutely aware that such forces
must never be ruling among us, lest we perish altogether.”
~Grapevine: AA Co-Founder, Bill W., published in February 1978
(“The Bill W. -- Yale Correspondence,”,)

Taking initiative is a self-renewing resource.
Spend it generously and watch it grow.
May God bless you with the will to be a self-starter,
a chance taker, a helper of yourself.
Don't sit around waiting for things to happen,
make it happen - starting now….
~Prayables

"Optimism is a happiness magnet.
If you stay positive good things
and good people will be drawn to you"
~Mary Lou Retton


Big Book Quote

Now we go out to our fellows and repair the damage done in the
past. We attempt to sweep away the debris which has accumulated out of our effort to live on self-will and run the show ourselves. If we haven't the will to do this, we ask until it comes. Remember it was agreed at the beginning we would go to any lengths for victory over alcohol.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg.76~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

FRANK MILES
Boca Raton, FL
1997




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/1  Henry S. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..37
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/3 Charlie E. (Chicago, IL)…..7
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, WA)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/7 Liz S. (Hoboken, NJ)…..8
10/8 Linda G. (Lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/9 Marcel B. (Memramcook, NB, Canada)…..8
10/9 Xavier F. (Greenwich, CT)…..6
10/9 Glen O. (Montague, MA)…..28
10/10 Sharon B. (Clermont, FL)…..2
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/11 Harriett B. (Hobe Sound, FL)…..31
10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..32
10/12 Michael C. (Cordes Lakes, AZ)…..30
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/13 Don C. (Evanston, IL)…..48
10/13 Robert L. (Denver, NC)…..18
10/13 Deb B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..24
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..8
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/15 CJ D. (Waynesville, NC)…..41
10/17 Jim T. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/18 Lisa H. (Monaco & La Quinta, CA)…..10
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/21 Sue T. (Flanders, NJ)…..6
10/22 Betsy H.  (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
10/22 Doug S. (Brookfield, CT)…..29
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/23 James D. (NYC, NY)…..42
10/23 Bill B. (Stratham, NH)….31
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Keely S. (Azalea, OR)…..37
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/25 Brittney B. (San Diego, CA)…..10
10/25 Charlie P. (Iceland)…..32
10/26 Niall H. (Dublin, Ireland)…..27
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1
10/26 Sean C. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..10
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..8
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..8
10/30 Bob H. (Barnardsville, NC)…..31
10/30 Estelle R. (New York, NY)…..43
10/31 Clint H. (Pittsburgh, PA)…..21

1350 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Foreword

With the publication of the book "Alcoholics Anonymous" in 1939, the pioneering period ended and a prodigious chain reaction set in as the recovered alcoholics carried their message to still others. In the next years alcoholics flocked to A.A. by tens of thousands, largely as the result of excellent and continuous publicity freely given by magazines and newspapers throughout the world. Clergymen and doctors alike rallied to the new movement, giving it unstinted support and endorsement.

p. 17

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I have more peace and contentment. Life has fallen into place.
The pieces of the jigsaw puzzle have found their correct position.
Life is whole, all of one piece. I am not cast
hither and yon on every wind of circumstance or fancy.
I am no longer a dry leaf cast up and away by the breeze.
I have found my place of rest, my place where I belong.
I am content. I do not vainly wish for things I cannot have.
 I have "the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
Have I found contentment in A.A.?

Meditation For The Day

In all of us there is an inner consciousness that tells of God,
an inner voice that speaks to our hearts.
It is a voice that speaks to us intimately, personally, in a time of quiet
meditation. It is like a lamp unto our feet and a light unto your path.
We can reach out into the darkness and figuratively touch the hand of God.
As the Big Book puts it: "Deep down in every man, woman and child is the fundamental idea of God. We can find the Great Reality deep down within us.
And when we find it, it changes our whole attitude
toward life."

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may follow the leading of the inner voice.
I pray that I may not turn a deaf
ear to the urging of my conscience.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Acceptance
"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition p. 417
Copyright 1976 A.A.W.S. Inc.


Thought to Consider . . .

A
cceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgment of the facts of a situation, then deciding what you're going to do about it.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

F E A R
Forget Everything And Run




Daily Reflection

AVOIDING CONTROVERSY
All history affords us the spectacle of striving nations and
groups finally torn asunder because they were designed for,
or tempted into, controversy. Others fell apart because of
sheer self-righteousness while trying to enforce upon the
rest of mankind some millennium of their own specification.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 176

As an A.A. member and sponsor, I know I can cause real
damage if I yield to temptation and give opinions and
advice on another's medical, marital, or religious problems.
I am not a doctor, counselor, or lawyer. I cannot tell anyone
how he or she should live; however, I can share how I came
through similar situations without drinking, and how A.A.'s
Steps and Traditions help me in dealing with my life



Pot Luck


"The only thing that can ever make me drink again is untreated alcoholism."

There is a lot in this quote. First, it reminds me that no matter how much time I have in the program, I still have the disease of alcoholism. I used to think, and hope, that one day I would outgrow my addiction. But like someone once said, after each day I stay sober, at night alcoholism is in the closet doing push-ups, and by morning it has grown stronger. In other words, it’s never going away.

And this is why, each day, I have to do something to strengthen my recovery and treat my alcoholism. I can go to a meeting, work the Steps, talk to another alcoholic, or be of service in some other way. Each of these activities helps to keep me spiritually fit, and only by developing, maintaining, and growing my spiritual life can I effectively treat my alcoholism and stay comfortable in my own skin.

Second, this quote reminds me that other people’s untreated alcoholism is a danger to me as well. If I’m not spiritually fit, then I am vulnerable to the influence, the resentment, the lure, and the romance of others’ alcoholism. In these and many other ways, alcoholism truly is cunning, baffling, and powerful. Only by constant vigilance and treatment of it can I remain safe, sober, and recovered.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment