Monday, October 14, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.15.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday October 15, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


“AA and my Higher Power have transformed me
from a complex person who lived out of her head
to a simple person who is trying to live out of her heart.”
~Grapevine: Greenbelt, Maryland, March 1979

Materialistic knowledge can only provide a type of happiness
that is dependent upon physical conditions.
It cannot provide happiness that springs from inner development.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Don't get old, grow as you age.
You may not be the youngster you once were,
but that doesn't mean you're old.
You are wiser, more experienced and always growing spiritually.
May God bless you to respond to your birthdays with vigor and excitement.
Aging will be a beautiful process when you embrace it.
~Prayables

"Stumbling blocks or stepping stones.
It's all in how you work with what you've got."
~Anonymous


Big Book Quote

“We are careful never to show intolerance or hatred of drinking as
an institution. Experience shows that such an attitude is not
helpful to anyone. Every new alcoholic looks for this spirit among
us and is immensely relieved when he finds we are not witch-burners.
A spirit of intolerance might repel alcoholics whose lives could
have been saved, had it not been for such stupidity.”

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 103~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

Sheldon F. and DON L.
USUAL SUSPECTS
Ormond Beach 2019
CD 5




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/3 Charlie E. (Chicago, IL)…..7
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, WA)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/8 Linda G. (Lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/9 Marcel B. (Memramcook, NB, Canada)…..8
10/9 Xavier F. (Greenwich, CT)…..6
10/9 Glen O. (Montague, MA)…..28
10/10 Sharon B. (Clermont, FL)…..2
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..32
10/12 Michael C. (Cordes Lakes, AZ)…..30
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/13 Don C. (Evanston, IL)…..48
10/13 Robert L. (Denver, NC)…..18
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..8
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/21 Sue T. (Flanders, NJ)…..6
10/22 Betsy H.  (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
10/22 Doug S. (Brookfield, CT)…..29
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/23 James D. (NYC, NY)…..42
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/25 Brittney B. (San Diego, CA)…..10
10/25 Charlie p. (Iceland)…..32
10/26 Niall H. (Dublin, Ireland)…..27
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1
10/26 Sean C. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..10
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..8
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..8
10/30 Bob H. (Barnardsville, NC)…..31

1058 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Twelve - "Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities."

As a rule, the average newcomer wanted his family to know immediately what he was trying to do. He also wanted to tell others who had tried to help him--his doctor, his minister, and close friends. As he gained confidence, he felt it right to explain his new way of life to his employer and business associates. When opportunities to be helpful came along, he found he could talk easily about A.A. to almost anyone. These quiet disclosures helped him to lose his fear of the alcoholic stigma, and spread the news of A.A.'s existence in his community. Many a new man and woman came to A.A. because of such conversations. Though not in the strict letter of anonymity, such communications were well within its spirit.

pp. 185-186


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Am I deeply grateful to A.A. for what it has done for me in regaining my sobriety and
opening up an entirely new life for me? A.A. has made it possible for me to take on other
interests, in business and in various other associations with people. It has made a full life
possible for me. It would perhaps be wrong if all my activities were limited to A.A. work.
It has made a well rounded life possible for me in work, in play and in hobbies of various
kinds. But will I desert A.A. because of this? Will I accept a diploma and become a
graduate of A.A.? Do I realize I could have nothing worth while without A.A.?

Meditation For The Day

There is only one way to get full satisfaction from life and that is to live the way you
believe God wants you to live. Live with God in that secret place of the spirit and you will
have a feeling of being on the right road. You will have a deep sense of satisfaction. The
world will have meaning and you will have a place in the world, work to do that counts in
the eternal order of things. Many things will work for you and with you, as long as you
feel you are on God's side.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may have a sense of the eternal value of the work I do. I pray that I may not
only work for now, but also for eternity.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Right Living

"Service, gladly rendered, obligations squarely met, troubles well accepted or solved with God's help, the knowledge that at home or in the world outside we are partners in a common effort, the well-understood fact that in God's sight all human beings are important, the proof that love freely given surely brings a full return, the certainty that we are no longer isolated and alone in self-constructed prisons, the surety that we need no longer be square pegs in round holes but can fit and belong in God's scheme of things - these are the permanent and legitimate satisfactions of right living for which no amount of pomp and circumstance, no heap of material possessions, could possibly be substitutes."
c. 1952 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 124


Thought to Consider . . . 

W
e are not living just to be sober; we are living to learn, to serve, and to love.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

L O V E
Living Our Valuable Experiences



Daily Reflection

MY CHECKLIST, NOT YOURS
Gossip barbed with our anger, a polite form of murder by
character assassination, has its satisfactions for us, too.
Here we are not trying to help those we criticize; we are
trying to proclaim our own righteousness.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 67

Sometimes I don't realize that I gossiped about someone
until the end of the day, when I take an inventory of the
day's activities, and then, my gossiping appears like a
blemish in my beautiful day. How could I have said
something like that? Gossip shows its ugly head during a
coffee break or lunch with business associates, or I may
gossip during the evening, when I'm tired from the day's
activities, and feel justified in bolstering my ego at the
expense of someone else.
Character defects like gossip sneak into my life when I
am not making a constant effort to work the Twelve Steps of
recovery. I need to remind myself that my uniqueness is the
blessing of my being, and that applies equally to everyone
who crosses my path in life's journey. Today the only
inventory I need to take is my own. I'll leave judgment of
others to the Final Judge—Divine Providence.




Pot Luck

"Easy does it, but do it."

I was quite a procrastinator before recovery. I had a lot of good ideas, but I didn’t want to act on them until I had thought things through and the time was right. For example, I wanted to go back to college, but I thought I should have my house paid off first. I wanted to get married but thought I should actually have a better career first. Regarding drinking, I thought I would be able to stop once I had that good job that allowed me to get a better house, a wife, go to school, and so on. I didn’t get much done.

In sobriety, there seemed like a lot of things I could do. I could get commitments, get a sponsor, work the Steps, and, oh yeah, stay sober. When I saw the saying on the wall that said, “Easy does it,” I relaxed and thought I’d just keep thinking about it all. And that’s when my new sponsor told me there is a chapter in the Big Book called “Into Action,” not “Into Thinking.” He suggested I get busy.

I’m so thankful he directed me to jump in and become part of the program. He told me I should take contrary action if I didn’t feel like taking action, and that if I brought the body, the mind would follow. He told me that “Easy does it” refers to my tendency to obsess and overdo things, and that the “But do it” part refers to overcoming my resistance to change. I learned that I can’t think myself sober—or into any of the things I want in life—but if I take action, I can live the life of my dreams.





Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment