Monday, October 7, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.08.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday October 8, 2019

From Beckley, WV


"Our job is to do the stitches,
God provides the patterns"
Tim H. Louisville, KY


"Don't resent troubles when they come. Pray for wisdom;
God will supply all you need to face persecution or adversity.
He will give you patience and keep you strong in times of trial."
~Life Application Study Bible

Success is not an instantaneous event
but is rather the awareness of our development over a period of time.
While it may be easier to think that we haven't accomplished
what we wanted when things don't seem adequate right now,
looking at our triumphs through the lens of our entire lives
allows us to see that our personal progress is in fact
a series of realizations and transformation.
Even if this moment doesn't look the way you wish it to today,
by seeing your life through a wider lens,
you will understand that you have achieved more than you realize
and will appreciate the impact of your life on others much more.
Unknown


“I’m learning about the freedom
that comes with facing my problems fearlessly and without resistance.
They are not all resolved, but I’ve done my part.
God will take it from there.”
~Grapevine: Laguna Beach, California, March 1975



Big Book Quote

"Your job now is to be at the place where you may be of maximum
helpfulness to others, so never hesitate to go anywhere if you can
be helpful. You should not hesitate to visit the most sordid spot on
earth on such an errand. Keep on the firing line of life with these
motives and God will keep you unharmed."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 102~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

TOM BRADY JR.


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/3 Charlie E. (Chicago, IL)…..7
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, WA)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/8 Linda G. (lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/9 Marcel B. (Memramcook, NB, Canada)…..8
10/9 Xavier F. (Greenwich, CT)…..6
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..32
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/13 Don C. (Evanston, IL)…..48
10/13 Robert L. (Denver, NC)…..18
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..7
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/21 Sue T. (Flanders, NJ)…..6
10/22Betsy H.  (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/23 James D. (NYC, NY)…..42
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/25 Brittney B. (San Diego, CA)…..10
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..8
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..8
10/30 Bob H. (Barnardsville, NC)…..31

0902 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Eleven - "Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."

This, in brief, in the process by which A.A.'s Tradition Eleven was constructed. To us, however, it represents far more than a sound public relations policy. It is more than a denial of self-seeking. This Tradition is a constant and practical reminder that personal ambition has no place in A.A. In it, each member becomes an active guardian of our Fellowship.

p. 183

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

There is such a thing as being too loyal to any one group.
Do I feel put out when another group starts and some members
of my group leave it and branch out into new territory? Or do
I send them out with my blessing? Do I visit that new offshoot
group and help it along? Or do I sulk in my own tent? A.A.
grows by the starting of new groups all the time. I must
realize that it's a good thing for a large group to split up
into smaller ones, even it if means that the large group
--my own group--becomes smaller. Am I always ready to help
new groups?

Meditation For The Day

Pray--and keep praying until it brings peace and serenity and
a feeling of communion with One who is near and ready to help.
The thought of God is balm for our hates and fears. In praying
to God, we find healing for hurt feelings and resentments. In
thinking of God, doubts and fears leave us. Instead of those
doubts and fears, there will flow into our hearts such faith
and love as is beyond the power of material things to give, and
such peace as the world can neither give nor take away. And with
God, we can have the tolerance to live and let live.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may have true tolerance and understanding.
I pray that I may keep striving for these difficult things.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Balance

"Most of us must admit that we have loved but a few; that we have been indifferent to the many so long as none of them gave us trouble; and as for the remainder - well, we have really disliked or hated them. Although these attitudes are common enough, we A.A.'s find we need something much better in order to keep our balance. We can't stand it if we hate deeply. The idea that we can be possessively loving of a few, and can continue to fear or hate anybody, has to be abandoned, if only a little at a time."
c. 1952 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 92-3


Thought to Consider . . .

B
igotry disfigures the heart.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

A. A.
Adventurers Anonymous



Daily Reflection

DAILY INVENTORY
. . . and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 59

I was beginning to approach my new life of sobriety with
unaccustomed enthusiasm. New friends were cropping up
and some of my battered friendships had begun to be
repaired. Life was exciting, and I even began to enjoy my
work, becoming so bold as to issue a report on the lack of
proper care for some of our clients. One day a co-worker
informed me that my boss was really sore because a
complaint, submitted over his head, had caused him much
discomfort at the hands of his superiors. I knew that my
report had created the problem, and began to feel
responsible for my boss's difficulty. In discussing the
affair, my co-worker tried to reassure me that an apology
was not necessary, but I soon became convinced that I had
to do something, regardless of how it might turn out. When
I approached my boss and owned up to my hand in his
difficulties, he was surprised. But unexpected things came
out of our encounter, and my boss and I were able to agree
to interact more directly and effectively in the future.





Pot Luck

"We are responsible for the effort, not the outcome."

When I entered sobriety, I didn’t know how I was ever going to fix everything in my life. All the relationships I had ruined, all the bridges to jobs and opportunities I had burned—there didn’t seem any way I could control and manipulate everything back into place. How was I going to get all the people I had stolen from to forgive me? How was I going to get healthy after all the abuse I’d inflicted on myself? How was I going to get my family to trust me again? I didn’t think I could pull it off.

Luckily, my sponsor assured me that I didn’t have to. In fact, he told me I could never be responsible for other people’s attitudes and reactions to me. That wasn’t my job. Instead, he told me my job was to stay sober, clean house, and take the next indicated action. In doing my Ninth Step, he told me I was responsible for admitting my faults and making sincere amends. Whether someone forgave me or not wasn’t up to me. I was responsible for the effort, not the outcome.

Learning to let go of outcomes wasn’t easy for me. After a lifetime of trying to arrange life—including other’s reactions and opinions—to suit myself, simply taking the right actions and leaving the results up to God seemed impossible. But the miracle is that every time I follow God’s will and not my own, wondrous and unexpected outcomes flow into my and other people’s lives. Plus, now that I know I’m not responsible for all the outcomes in the world, I’m able to live a life that can be happy, joyous, and even free.










Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment