Friday, October 4, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.05.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday October 5, 2019

From Waynesville, NC


“If we’re willing to expose the pages of our lives to the love and understanding of our Higher Power and a fellow alcoholic, we’ll surely know a new freedom and a new happiness. We’ll discover that love is never having to feel alone again; that God’s presence in our lives has become profound; and that the unity of the Fellowship of the spirit can be ours so long as we’re willing to ‘pass it on.’”
~Grapevine: West Palm Beach, Florida, May 1989

Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life
because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us God’s beloved.
~Henri Nouwen

It is difficult to see the picture when you are inside of the frame.
Take an honest moment to step away and see the picture the world sees,
not just the one holding you hostage in your own mind.
God bless you with true vision.
~Prayables

Don't spend time beating on a wall,
hoping to transform it into a door.
~Coco Chanel



Big Book Quote

“Imagine life without faith! Were nothing left but pure reason, it
wouldn’t be life.”

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 54~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

JOE CARTER
Second Tradition Group
10.29.2005



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/3 Charlie E. (Chicago, IL)…..7
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, WA)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/8 Linda G. (lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/9 Marcel B. (Memramcook, NB, Canada)…..8
10/9 Xavier F. (Greenwich, CT)…..6
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..32
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/13 Don C. (Evanston, IL)…..48
10/13 Robert L. (Denver, NC)…..18
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..7
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/22Betsy H.  (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/23 James D. (NYC, NY)…..42
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/25 Brittney B. (San Diego, CA)…..10
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..8
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..8
10/30 Bob H. (Barnardsville, NC)…..31

0896 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Eleven - "Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."

In the beginning, the press could not understand our refusal of all personal publicity. They were genuinely baffled by our insistence upon anonymity. Then they got the point. Here was something rare in the world--a society which said it wished to publicize its principles and its work, but not its individual members. The press was delighted with this attitude. Ever since, these friends have reported A.A. with an enthusiasm which the most ardent members would find hard to match.

p. 182



Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Do I have any hard feelings about other group members or for any
other A.A. group? Am I critical of the way a group member thinks or acts? Do I feel that another group is operating in the wrong way and do I broadcast it? Or do I realize that all A.A. members, no matter what their limitations, have something to offer, some good, however little, that they can do for A.A. in spite of their handicaps? Do I believe that there is a place for all kinds of groups in A.A., provided they are following A.A. traditions, and that they can be effective even if I do not agree with their procedure? Am I tolerant of people and groups?

Meditation For The Day

"The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in, from this
time forth and even forever more." All your movements, your goings and comings can be guided by the Unseen Spirit. Every visit to help another, every unselfish effort to assist, can be blessed by that Unseen Spirit. There can be a blessing on all you do, on every interview with one who is suffering. Every meeting of a need may not be a chance meeting, but it may have been planned by the Unseen Spirit. Led by the Spirit of the Lord, you can be tolerant, sympathetic, and understanding of others and so accomplish much.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may be led by the spirit of God. I pray that the Lord will
preserve my goings and my comings.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Restraint

"Our first objective will be the development of self-restraint. This carries a top priority rating. When we speak or act hastily or rashly, the ability to be fair-minded and tolerant evaporates on the spot. One unkind tirade or one willful snap judgment can ruin our relation with another person for a whole day, or maybe a whole year. Nothing pays off like restraint of tongue and pen."
c. 1952 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 91


Thought to Consider . . .

T
he tongue must be heavy indeed, because so few people can hold it.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B E S T
Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?








Daily Reflection

YESTERDAY'S BAGGAGE
For the wise have always known that no one can make
much of his life until self-searching becomes a regular
habit, until he is able to admit and accept what he finds,
and until he patiently and persistently tries to correct what
is wrong.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 88

I have more than enough to handle today, without dragging
along yesterday's baggage too. I must balance today's
books, if I am to have a chance tomorrow. So I ask myself
if I have erred and how I can avoid repeating that particular
behavior. Did I hurt anyone, did I help anyone, and why?
Some of today is bound to spill over into tomorrow, but
most of it need not if I make an honest daily inventory.



Pot Luck

Loving  Life


               I know I didn’t love life when I was drinking. In those days I treated life as an enemy. One on whom I had to practice tricks, or manipulation, or evasion. Convinced from the instant I woke up that life was not going to go my way, I plotted out my stealthy approach, I made careful plans for getting what I wanted from my life - booze or drugs or sex or money - and equally careful plans for scurrying back with my booty to my cave.

               In my drinking days, I was always operating  from an on perspective, on the lookout, on the lie, on the make, on the defensive. I was rarely living from an in perspective, in the swim, in the now, in the thick of things.

               I was always holding back, waiting for my way to come true. I was never jumping in, finding out that my way could be the way that life was carrying me along.

               I'm very sorry these days for all the opportunities I missed, opportunities for laws enjoy, learning and trying and testing myself, for providing myself with a background of achievement and knowledge to rely on and consult.

               But I'm also glad I feel sorry. On good days I welcome my remorse. Because my remorse shows me what I must not do now.

               Sure, there're still times when I  behave like a suspicious caveman, peering out at life from the deep cover of self-bondage, I'm too dumb to realize that I feel this way when I wake up, and by the time I can name the form of self-bondage I'm suffering from today - fear, self-pity, anger -my naming doesn't matter because this time I know I'm right. I know everything this suspicious caveman in me is whispering, that my enemies are lurking in the woods behind me. In the plains before me, in the earth below me, in the sky above. Right?

               Wrong.

               In most cases, probably all, what I dub enemies are really spirits of love and they are challenging me to come out of myself and say I am here. They say are they are challenging me to take part. To savor the now. To make the now is good as I can. To love of life as it happens.

               To say Wow! To say thank you. Thank you, God, for this challenge. Help me, God, to accept this challenge. Help me to love life every blessed day.

Stephen Beal, Editor, Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men 




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment