Thursday, March 28, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 03.29.19





Your Daily Reprieve for Friday March  29, 2019

From Jacksonville, FL



"If there are challenges to be met today,
I remember other days when what seemed impossible was made possible."
~Grapevine: Huntington, West Virginia, August 2006

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
– Albert Einstein

Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us.
~Earl Nightingale 

"Remember the music is not in the piano." 
- Clement Mok

Gratitude is the vision to see that WE have been Gifted  
- Ernest Kurtz


Big Book Quote

"...we have ceased fighting anything or anyone even alcohol."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 84~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BO T.
Alabama




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

March 2019 Miracles

3/1 Crispin H. (London, UK).....37
3/1 Mike McC. (White Plains, NY).....8
3/1 Rich W. (Astoria, NY).....4
3/2 Liz C. (White Plains. NY).....10
3/3 Ilene W. (Los Angeles, CA).....44
3/3 Phoebe H. (Waynesville, NC).....34
3/3 Kelly T. (Newmarket, NH).....28
3/4 George W. (Port Charlotte, FL).....2
3/4 Mile L. (Melbourne, FL).....11
3/5 Tom M. (Waynesville/Jacksonville).....25
3/5 Russell N. (Dublin, Ireland).....5
3/5 Marty B. ().....1
3/5 Deirdre C. ().....23
3/5 Peter G. (Stuart, FL).....40
3/7 George (Milwaukee, WI).....11
3/7 Dave G. (White Rock, BC).....16
3/8 Elaine M. (new York, NY)…..35
3/9 Phil S. (Santa Fe, NM).....9
3/9 Becki V. (Canton, NC).....1
3/9 Andy  W. (City Island, NY (BYOC).....32
3/9 Patti K. (Baiting Hollow, NY).....35
3/9 Tony C. (Punta Gorda, FL).....40
3/9 Dan W. (Port Charlotte, FL).....30
3/9 Peter R. (New York, NY).....9
3/11 John M. Succasunna, NJ)…..10
3/12 Carol S. (Farmington Hills, MI).....16
3/12 Ned W. (Melbourne, FL).....22
3/13 Tom V. (Morris Plains, NJ).....12
3/13 Sue S. (Naples, FL)…..7
3/14 Nard B. (Bridgewater, NJ).....6
3/16 John S. (Austin, TX).....6
3/17 Tortlola Dan  (Vero Beach, FL).....40
3/17 Carolyn W. (Nantucket, MA).....22
3/17 Judy D. (Good Morning, Carmel, CA).....4
3/18 Brian K. (New York, NY).....9
3/18 Rachael P. (London, UK).....5
3/19 Mike B. (Purchase, NY).....19
3/20 Michelle O. (Palm Springs, CA)…..20
3/20 Shannon C. (Joliet, IL).....2
3/20 Bill M. (Clearwater, FL)…..45
3/21 Tucker H. (Nantucket, MA)…..2
3/21 BethLynn C. (Gaithersburg, MD).....27
3/21 Diane W. (Melbourne Beach, FL).....1
3/21 Kate A. (Nyack, NY/Stuart, FL).....31
3/21 Lee H. (Devon, PA).....1
3/21 Pamela B. (Clinton, NJ).....36
3/21 Norm A. (Boston, MA)…..30
3/22 Sally S. (Spring Island SC/Nantucket MA).....31
3/23 Jesse R. ().....9
3/24 Debbie K. (Hampton, NH).....30
3/24 Julie P. (Anglesey, Wales).....7
3/25 Buffy H. (Gambier, OH/Nantucket).....27
3/25 Brian Q. (Rowley, MA).....10
3/25 Tim F. (River Edge, NJ).....5
3/26 Cheryl S. (Waynesville, NC).....15
3/27 Chuck L. (Key Largo, FL).....32
3/27 Cathy C-T. (Palm City, FL).....11
3/26 Stephen O’C (Philadelphia, PA).....9
3/28 Lisa B. (Jensen Beach, FL).....31
3/28 David B. ().....5
3/28 Steven S. ().....9
3/28 Rich W. (Candler, NC).....25
3/29 Robin S. (New York, NY).....26
3/29 Pat H. (Young Harris, GA).....50
3/29 Stan R. (Port Charlotte, FL).....20
3/29 Bill D. (Plymouth, MA)….5
3/30 Barbara K. (Melville, NY).....14
3/30 Joyce G. (Michigan/Florida).....9
3/30 Ralph B. (Port St. Lucie, FL).....37
3/30 Larry G. (Wingham, Ontario, CA)…..18




1276 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

Prayer and meditation are our principal means of conscious contact with God.

We A.A.'s are active folk, enjoying the satisfactions of dealing with the realities of life, usually for the first time in our lives, and strenuously trying to help the next alcoholic who comes along. So it isn't surprising that we often tend to slight serious meditation and prayer as something not really necessary. To be sure, we feel it is something that might help us to meet an occasional emergency, but at first many of us are apt to regard it as a somewhat mysterious skill of clergymen, from which we may hope to get a secondhand benefit. Or perhaps we don't believe in these things at all.

p. 96

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Before I met A.A. I was very dishonest. I lied to my wife
constantly about where I had been and what I'd been doing.
I took time off from the office and pretended I'd been
sick or gave some other dishonest excuse. I was dishonest
with myself, as well as with other people. I would never
face myself as I really was or admit when I was wrong. I
pretended to myself that I was as good as the next fellow,
although I suspected I wasn't. Am I now really honest?

Meditation For The Day

I must live in the world and yet live apart with God. I can
go forth from my secret times of communion with God to the
work of the world. To get the spiritual strength I need, my
inner life must be lived apart from the world. I must wear
the world as a loose garment. Nothing in the world should
seriously upset me, as long as my inner life is lived with
God. All successful living arises from this inner life.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may live my inner life with God. I pray that
nothing shall invade or destroy that secret place of peace.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\  ~~~  /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Humility

"The attainment of greater humility is the foundation principle of each of A.A.'s Twelve Steps. For without some degree of humility, no alcoholic can stay sober at all."
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 70

Thought to Consider . . .

A
s I thus get down to my right size and stature, my self-concern and importance become amusing.
Bill W., Box 1980
The AA Grapevine, June 1961

As Bill Sees It, p. 106

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

F E A R
False Expectations Appearing Real



Daily Reflection

They are servants. Theirs is the sometimes thankless
privilege of doing the group's chores
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 134

In Zorba the Greek, Nikos Kazantzakis describes an
encounter between his principal character and an old man
busily at work planting a tree. "What is it you are doing?"
Zorba asks. The old man replies: "You can see very well
what I'm doing, my son, I'm planting a tree." "But why
plant a tree," Zorba asks, "if you won't be able to see it bear
fruit?" And the old man answers: "I, my son, live as though
I were never going to die." The response brings a faint
smile to Zorba's lips and, as he walks away, he exclaims
with a note of irony: "How strange—I live as though I were
going to die tomorrow!"
As a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, I have found
that the Third Legacy is a fertile soil in which to plant the
tree of my sobriety. The fruits I harvest are wonderful:
peace, security, understanding and twenty-four hours of
eternal fulfillment; and with the soundness of mind to listen
to the voice of my conscience when, in silence, it gently
speaks to me, saying: You must let go in service. There are
others who must plant and harvest.



Pot Luck

This guest post was submitted by Joann B:

Quote of the Week
“My Sponsor, My Steps and Me.”

At my first meeting, I thought, what am I doing here? I really don’t belong....everyone seemed so happy, and I sat there filled with fear, anxiety and not a clue who I was. And I wasn’t even sure I really was an alcoholic. But I continued to go to meetings, surrendered my drinking to Higher Power each day, and the desire to drink was lifted. It was not easy, but  I tried to do what was suggested... Then a marvelous thing happened—I did not think so at the time—the woman who brought me to the meetings told me, if I wanted, she would help me learn the program and always be available to me (and she was)..of course I said  YES...because I did not want to be rude or ungrateful!!!

A few meetings later, she suggested that I look for a sponsor—women with the women—so I told her she would be my sponsor...and for that I am ever grateful. She was always there for me, and I learned trust her and share with her.my fears my anxieties—everything. She gave me suggestions how not to drink a day at a time, apply slogans to my life, make meetings, join a home group, and give service to my home group. What super suggestions and I stayed sober...and then we begin to meet regularly to study, work the Steps, all Twelve—no pick and choosing—they were in order are in order for a reason. I had to learn to apply them to me. What a great gift ... I had a sponsor and began to put the Twelve Steps in my life.

Two things for which I am forever grateful: my sponsor and how to look at myself through the Twelve Steps and apply them to my life. It was not easy but so worth it..

Many years later, I am so grateful to my Higher Power for that sponsor and for helping me learn how to work the program as best I can each day. Through practicing the Twelve Steps, I have changed and grown and thus try to share with others what was so freely given to me. I heard a long time ago a Sponsor is a gift you give to yourself—today I truly believe that, and the Steps are principles by which I live today. Great to be happy, joyous and free... I thank God each day for my sobriety. and that A.A. is my way of living today.

Note: If you would like to have your story published with the Wisdom Community, just email us a quote and a three-paragraph reflection like the one above. Email your entry to: Info@thewisdomoftherooms.com 



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment