Your Daily Reprieve 09.29.17


Your Daily Reprieve for  Friday September  29,  2017

From Waynesville, NC



Overthinking.
The art of creating problems that aren't even there.
~Anonymous

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person
is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you
because you're a vegetarian."
~Dennis Wholey

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things…
~Paradox of Prayers

"I do service in Alcoholics Anonymous because it reminds me of where
I came from . . . it keeps me green. And green things grow!"
~unknown

Grateful Fred:
The shampoo for my soul....
The 12 Steps of AA - wash ,rinse, repeat.
~Thanks Marshall



Big Book Quote

Unless ones family expresses a desire to live upon spiritual
principles we think we ought not to urge them. We should not talk
incessantly to them about spiritual matters. They will change in
time. Our behavior will convince them more than our words. We must remember that ten or twenty years of drunkenness would make a skeptic out of anyone.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 83



Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

NORM ALPI
Fresno, CA
02.13.1982
DOS 1954




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

September  2017 Anniversaries


9/1 Julia C. (Dorset, UK).....15
9/1 Arline R. (Stuart, FL).....37
9/1 Bill K. (NYC, NY/ Southold, NY).....17
9/1 Sammie G. (Powhatan, VA).....28
9/1 Patrick C. (Middlesex, NJ).....31
9/1 George M. (Scottsdale, AZ).....33
9/1 Craig G. (Dorchester, MA).....24
9/2 Leslie Z. (Valley Village, CA).....36
9/3 Edward H. (Andover, MA).....34
9/3 Gail K. (Portsmouth, NH).....32
9/4 Cathy H, (Losa Angeles, CA).....33
9/5 Maria C. (Long Island, NY).....35
9/5 Chris L. (Bristol, RI).....29
9/05 James O’K. (Portland, ME).....4
9/6 Bernie L. (Floral Park, NY).....7
9/7 George D. (Stuart, FL).....33
9/7 Ginger C. (NJ).....5
9/7 Angus McG. (Cape Town, So. Africa).....15
9/7 Tommy M. (Los Angeles, CA).....8
9/8 Bill W. (Tokyo, Japan).....14
9/9 Julie K. (Weaverville, NC).....16
9/10 Brian O. (Cushendall, Ireland).....28
9/10 Sue B. (Melbourne Beach, FL).....6
9/10 Kevin D. (Nantucket., MA).....28
9/11 Deck H. (Oldwick, NJ).....31
9/11 Samsara S. (Golden, CO).....10
9/11 Kenny M. (Mineola, NY).....8
9/14 Linda B. (Port St. Lucie, FL).....3
9/14 Mark M. (Somerville, MA).....33
9/15 Sue B. (Montpelier, VT).....).....4
9/15 Stu A. (USVI/NY,NY).....36
9/18 Heather B. (Nantucket, MA).....1
9/18 George P. (London, UK).....32
9/18 Boston Rob (Boston, MA).....1
9/18 Kadi H. (St Croix, USVI).....11
9/18 Jim H. (Houston, TX).....7
9/19 Elaina C. (NYC, NY).....6
9/19 Ben B. (Salt Lake City, UT).....25
9/20 Darlene R. (Cape Coral, FL).....6
9/20 Donald P. (Rockland, ME).....22
9/20 Dawn D. (NYC, NY).....8
9/20 Paul T. (Stuart, FL).....6
9/20 Donna Maria A. (CT).....2
9/21 John P. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....2
9/21 Beth G. (Los Angeles, CA).....38
9/21 Paul W. (Byfield, MA).....24
9/21 Lisa O. (Roundhill, VA).....3
9/22 Tyler l. (Exeter, NH).....34
9/22 Peter H. (Nantucket, MA).....18
9/22 Peter K. (New York, NY).....7
9/23 David A. (NYC, NY).....16
9/23 Rick B. (Stowe, VT).....25
9/23 Bill G. (Marblehead, MA).....32
9/24 Keith L. (Saratoga Springs, NY).....1
9/24 Tim B. (Raleigh, NC).....12
9/24 Katie S. (Ne Vernon, NJ).....17
9/25 Speck S. ().....1
9/26 Lance B. (Vero Beach, FL).....4
9/26 Rik V. (Aruba, Dutch Carribbean).....5
9/27 Sheila C. (Falmouth, MA).....3
9/27 Lucky Lou C. (Long Island, NY).....34
9/27 Michael Z. (Houston, TX).....10
9/28 June T. (Nantucket. MA/Palm Desert, CA).....11
9/28 Scott B. (Epping, NH).....21
9/28 Paul W. (Springfield, NJ).....28
9/28 Kathleen S. (Norwell, MA).....21
9/29 Judy F. (Nantucket, MA).....25
9/29 Elsa L. (New Providence, NJ).....37.....
9/29 Sinead G. (Stourbridge, UK).....7
9/29 Joan F. (Westhampton, NY/N. Palm Beach, FL).....7
9/30 Sheree H. (Bellevue, WA).....3
9/30 Jack M. (Plymouth, MA).....4


1234   Total Years



12&12

Step Three - "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."

When World War II broke out, this spiritual principle had its first major test. A.A.'s entered the services and were scattered all over the world. Would they be able to take discipline, stand up under fire, and endure the monotony and misery of war? Would the kind of dependence they had learned in A.A. carry them through? Well, it did. They had even fewer alcoholic lapses or emotional binges than A.A.'s safe at home did. They were just as capable of endurance and valor as any other soldiers. Whether in Alaska or on the Salerno beachhead, their dependence upon a Higher Power worked. And far from being a weakness, this dependence was their chief source of strength.

pp. 38-39

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Having got this far, shall we pause and ask ourselves
some searching questions? We need to check up on ourselves
periodically. Just how good an A.A. am I? Am I attending
meetings regularly? Am I doing my share to carry the load?
When there is something to be done, do I volunteer? Do I
speak at meetings when asked, no matter how nervous I am?
Do I accept each opportunity to do twelfth-step work as a
challenge? Do I give freely of my time and money? Am I
trying to spread A.A. wherever I go? Is my daily life a
demonstration of A.A. principles? Am I a good A.A.?

Meditation For The Day

How do I get strength to be effective and to accept
responsibility? By asking the Higher Power for the strength
I need each day. It has been proved in countless lives that
for every day I live the necessary power shall be given me.
I must face each challenge that comes to me during the day,
sure that God will give me the strength to face it. For every
task that is given me, there is also given me all the power
necessary for the performance of that task. I do not need to
hold back.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may accept every task as a challenge.
I know I cannot wholly fail if God is with me.

Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Fellowship

"Today, I'm counting my blessings instead of my troubles. When I walked into the friendly atmosphere of my first A.A. meeting, I knew I was where I belonged. Here were people who had thought and felt as I had. Here was the understanding I'd been searching for all my life. These people were my friends, and I felt their sincere interest in me. With these new and enlightening doors opening up to me, I was able to make the eventual decision to stop drinking, a day at a time - because I, too, was an alcoholic. And with this came the only real freedom, the freedom of truth."
c. 1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 355

Thought to Consider . . .

I
f you love someone, tell them now. Eternity is time enough for silence.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*
F E A R
False Evidence Appearing Real




Daily Reflection

EXACTLY ALIKE

Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is
the bright spot of our lives.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 89

A man came to the meeting drunk, interrupted the speakers,
stood up and took his shirt off, staggered loudly back and
forth for coffee, demanded to talk, and eventually called
the group's secretary an unquotable name and walked out. I
was glad he was there—once again I saw what I had been
like. But I also saw what I still am, and what I still could
be. I don't have to be drunk to want to be the exception and
the center of attention. I have often felt abused and
responded abusively when I was simply being treated as a
garden variety human being. The more the man tried to
insist he was different, the more I realized that he and I
were exactly alike.



Pot Luck

There is an end to grief if we have the courage to accept our personal goodness and our ongoing right to happiness.
-- Justin Langley


Making peace with our losses takes time and trust. In the past, we may have acted in ways that were heartbreaking to ourselves and others. But now we have a new choice; we can walk the road of self-forgiveness and stop punishing ourselves for past deeds, or we can decide that we don't deserve to feel good, that clinging to our pain, guilt, and self-loathing will somehow make up for some of the damage.

Believing our wrongs are too great to be righted leaves us in a perpetual state of mourning. It's a risk, but we can choose to believe that change is possible, not all at once but slowly, one day at a time.

Believing that God loves us and wants us to be happy gives us the courage to make amends and face our past head on. When we take the leap of faith necessary to grieve and let go of the past, we take back our best selves, and the lives we were meant to live.

Today give me the strength and the courage to grieve my losses.

You are reading from the book:
http://www.hazelden.org/HAZ_MEDIA/7802.jpg



Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 08.17.24

Your Daily Reprieve 07.08.24

Your Daily Reprieve 11.04.23