Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 02.21.17



Your Daily Reprieve for  Tuesday February  21,  2017

From Stuart. FL


"Clearly, the chief mark of restoration to sanity
is our not taking the first drink."
~Grapevine: March, 1991

The darker the night, the brighter the stars.
~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Knowledge is not enough, you must apply it.
Willingness is not enough, you must do it.
~Prayables

Both optimists and pessimists
contribute to our society.
The optimist invents the airplane
and the pessimist the parachute.
~ Gil Stern

‘Failure will never overtake me
if my determination to succeed is strong enough.’ 
~Og Mandino

‘We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
~ William Shakespeare


Big Book Quote


3rd Step Prayer:

"God, I offer myself to Thee— to build with me and to do with
me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better
do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may
bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy
Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 63~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BRIAN P.
FOTSAZ
2017


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

February 2017 Anniversaries

2/1 Gilly L. (West Sussex, UK).....17
2/1 Michael S. (Budd Lake, NJ).....7
2/1 Sean D. (Ithaca, NY).....9
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY).....34
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM).....20
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL).....3
2/4 Bob F. (Larchmont, NY).....2
2/4 Pam S. (North Hollywood, CA).....30
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH).....8
2/5 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY).....28
2/6 Vanessa G. (Stuart/Celebration/Stone Harbor).....21
2/6 Dale W. ().....10
2/6 Paul K (S.H., Ma., Cape Cod, Key Largo)...33
2/6 Michael N. (NYC, NY).....8
2/7 Lorin C. (E. Sandwich, MA).....20
2/7 Greg K. (Newburyport, MA).....3
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ).....29
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT).....17
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa, FL).....40
2/8 Greg J. (Nortport, FL).....2
2/8 Carrie T. (Oakville, Ontario, CA).....20
2/8 Shane G, (Los Angeles, CA).....6
2/9 Darlene A. (Largo, FL).....23
2/9 Jason G. (Costa Rica/British Columbia).....3
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale/NYC).....48
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra/Lake Monticello, VA).....28
2/10 Collette C. (Nantucket, MA).....9
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ).....3
2/11 Steve B. (Kittery/Beverly).....37
2/11 Tim S. (Charlotte, NC).....5
2/11 Kelly N. (Rockville, MD)......33
2/12 Betty P. (Valparaiso, IN).....33
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY).....3
2/13 Tom B. (LaPointe, WI).....28
2/14 Richard B. (Northport, FL).....7
2/14 Dick P. (Port Char;otte, FL).....43
2/14 Danny S. (Rumson, NJ).....24
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK).....12
2/15 John T.   (Tortola / Westport CT.)......30
2/15 Stephen Y. (Jakarta, Indonesia).....29
2/15 Zach G. (Plymouth, MI).....7
2/15 Nancy P. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....1
2/16 Noel S. (Harrison, NY).....8
2/16 Nancy B. (Northport, FL).....34
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL).....42
2/17 Jamie R. (Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA).....2
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH).....39
2/17 James "Woody" W.  (Michigan City, In).....34
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....6
2/17 Luke R. (Hilton Head, SC).....16
2/18 Laura S. (Jacksonville, FL).....19
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL).....15
2/18 Mike P. (Elmont, NY).....25
2/18 Scott W. (Hopewell, NJ).....33
2/18 Allan C. (N. Andover, MA).....6
2/20 Mark P. (Port Charlotte/Venice, FL).....2
2/20 Jackie M. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....11
2/20 Amanda A. (Lyme, CT).....2
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA).....7
2/20 Jay S. (Palm City, FL).....6
2/20 Shabbir A. (Mumbai, India).....34
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA0.....24
2/21 Fred D. (Port Washington, NY).....13
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL).....19
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL).....10
2/22 Cyndi C. (Whitehouse, NJ).....34
2/22 Casey Q. ManchVegas NH 24yrs
2/23 Scott J. (Apple Valley, CA).....3
2/24 Betsy W. (Osprey, FL).....28
2/24 Steph S. (St. Thomas, USVI).....9
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA).....36
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY).....3
2/28 Matthew M. (Pelham, NY).....7



1234 Total Years of Sobriety





12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

The best intentioned of us can fall for the "two step" illusion. Sooner or later the pink cloud stage wears off and things go disappointingly dull. We begin to think that A.A. doesn't pay off after all. We become puzzled and discouraged.

p. 113

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I go to the A.A. meetings because it helps me in my
business of keeping sober. And I try to help other
alcoholics when I can, because that's my part of my
business of keeping sober. I also have a partner in
this business and that's God. I pray to Him every
day to help me keep sober. As long as I keep in mind
that liquor can never be my friend again, but is now
my deadly enemy, and as long as I remember that my
main business is keeping sober and that it's the most
important thing in my life, I believe that I'll be
prepared for that crucial moment when the idea of
having a drink pops into my mind. When that idea
comes, will I be able to resist it and not take that drink?

Meditation For The Day

I will be more afraid of spirit-unrest, of soul-
disturbance, of any ruffling of the mind, than of
earthquake or fire. When I feel the calm of my spirit
has been broken by emotional upset, then I must steal
away alone with God, until my heart sings and all is
strong and calm again. Uncalm times are the only times
when evil can find an entrance. I will beware of
unguarded spots of unrest. I will try to keep calm, no
matter what turmoil surrounds me.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that no emotional upset will hinder God's power
in my life. I pray that I may keep a calm spirit and a
steady heart.

Daily Thought
​​^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Martyrdom

Self-pity is one of the most unhappy and consuming defects that we know. It is a bar to all spiritual progress and can cut off all effective communication with our fellows because of its inordinate demands for attention and sympathy. It is a maudlin form of martyrdom; which we can ill afford.
Bill W., Letter, 1966
c. 1967 AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 238


Thought to Consider . . .

P
oor me!  Poor me!  Pour me a drink.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

N U T S
Not Using The Steps


Daily Reflection

I'M PART OF THE WHOLE

At once, I became a part—if only a tiny part—of a cosmos.
. . .
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 225

When I first came to A.A., I decided that "they" were very
nice people—perhaps a little naive, a little too friendly, but
basically decent, earnest people (with whom I had nothing
in common). I saw "them" at meetings—after all, that was
where "they" existed. I shook hands with "them" and, when
I went out the door, I forgot about "them."
Then one day my Higher Power, whom I did not then
believe in, arranged to create a community project outside
of A.A., but one which happened to involve many A.A.
members. We worked together, I got to know "them" as
people. I came to admire "them," even to like "them" and,
in spite of myself, to enjoy "them." "Their" practice of the
program in their daily lives—not just in talk at meetings—
attracted me and I wanted what they had. Suddenly the
"they" became "we." I have not had a drink since.


Pot Luck

God does not ask your ability
Or your inability.
He asks only your availability.

--Mary Kay Ash


Reasons for gratitude are easy to find. If we're breathing, we can think of people hooked up to oxygen tanks. If our skin is smooth, we can remember people suffering in burn units. If we ran into a store for a minute to buy a gallon of milk today, we can remember the long lines people in other cultures endure for the same errand.

And we exist! That alone is miraculous. We have survived a chronic, often fatal disease. For many of us, life is better than before addiction, because we've found a new appreciation for life, a new depth and peace, a new calmness. And we can continue to grow in recovery each beautiful day that is given to us. Today, babies across the world are being born, bringing millions of hopeful and exciting possibilities into our world.

Now, we're ready to take our place in the sun as one of the world's new hopeful possibilities. We live and breathe and feel and think, and we are watched over by a Higher Power who loves us and has a plan for our lives.

Today let me look for the good in my world and be thankful.

You are reading from the book:









Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment