Monday, February 20, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 02.20.17



Your Daily Reprieve for Monday  February  20,  2017

From Stuart. FL


"A preoccupation with the future not only prevents us from seeing the
present as it is but often prompts us to rearrange the past."
--Eric Hoffer

"For me, fear is sometimes the realization that I am gripping the steering wheel too hard - and I'm not even supposed to be in the driver's seat."  (thanks Chris C.)

To advise is easier than to help.
~ German Proverb

"From the moment I pulled open the doors to my very first meeting, I felt something different, something good was going to happen. Those doors, which at the time I believed to be the heaviest ever made, allowed me to walk into a new way of life."
"Attitude Adjustment," New York, N.Y., January 2006


Big Book Quote

"We have found much of heaven and we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 25~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

ROGER W.
Hamilton MA
@ Gulfstream Group
02.10.2017



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

February 2017 Anniversaries

2/1 Gilly L. (West Sussex, UK).....17
2/1 Michael S. (Budd Lake, NJ).....7
2/1 Sean D. (Ithaca, NY).....9
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY).....34
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM).....20
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL).....3
2/4 Bob F. (Larchmont, NY).....2
2/4 Pam S. (North Hollywood, CA).....30
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH).....8
2/5 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY).....28
2/6 Vanessa G. (Stuart/Celebration/Stone Harbor).....21
2/6 Dale W. ().....10
2/6 Paul K (S.H., Ma., Cape Cod, Key Largo)...33
2/6 Michael N. (NYC, NY).....8
2/7 Lorin C. (E. Sandwich, MA).....20
2/7 Greg K. (Newburyport, MA).....3
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ).....29
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT).....17
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa, FL).....40
2/8 Greg J. (Nortport, FL).....2
2/8 Carrie T. (Oakville, Ontario, CA).....20
2/8 Shane G, (Los Angeles, CA).....6
2/9 Darlene A. (Largo, FL).....23
2/9 Jason G. (Costa Rica/British Columbia).....3
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale/NYC).....48
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra/Lake Monticello, VA).....28
2/10 Collette C. (Nantucket, MA).....9
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ).....3
2/11 Steve B. (Kittery/Beverly).....37
2/11 Tim S. (Charlotte, NC).....5
2/11 Kelly N. (Rockville, MD)......33
2/12 Betty P. (Valparaiso, IN).....33
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY).....3
2/13 Tom B. (LaPointe, WI).....28
2/14 Richard B. (Northport, FL).....7
2/14 Dick P. (Port Char;otte, FL).....43
2/14 Danny S. (Rumson, NJ).....24
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK).....12
2/15 John T.   (Tortola / Westport CT.)......30
2/15 Stephen Y. (Jakarta, Indonesia).....29
2/15 Zach G. (Plymouth, MI).....7
2/15 Nancy P. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....1
2/16 Noel S. (Harrison, NY).....8
2/16 Nancy B. (Northport, FL).....34
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL).....42
2/17 Jamie R. (Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA).....2
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH).....39
2/17 James "Woody" W.  (Michigan City, In).....34
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....6
2/17 Luke R. (Hilton Head, SC).....16
2/18 Laura S. (Jacksonville, FL).....19
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL).....15
2/18 Mike P. (Elmont, NY).....25
2/18 Scott W. (Hopewell, NJ).....33
2/18 Allan C. (N. Andover, MA).....6
2/20 Mark P. (Port Charlotte/Venice, FL).....2
2/20 Jackie M. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....11
2/20 Amanda A. (Lyme, CT).....2
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA).....7
2/20 Jay S. (Palm City, FL).....6
2/20 Shabbir A. (Mumbai, India).....34
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA0.....24
2/21 Fred D. (Port Washington, NY).....13
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL).....19
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL).....10
2/22 Cyndi C. (Whitehouse, NJ).....34
2/22 Casey Q. ManchVegas NH 24yrs
2/23 Scott J. (Apple Valley, CA).....3
2/24 Betsy W. (Osprey, FL).....28
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA).....36
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY).....3
2/28 Matthew M. (Pelham, NY).....7



1225 Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

Of course all A.A.'s, even the best, fall far short of such achievements as a consistent thing. Without necessarily taking that first drink, we often get quite far off the beam. Our troubles sometimes begin with indifference. We are sober and happy in our A.A. work. Things go well at home and office. We naturally congratulate ourselves on what later proves to be a far too easy and superficial point of view. We temporarily cease to grow because we feel satisfied that there is no need for all of A.A.'s Twelve Steps for us. We are doing fine on a few of them. Maybe we are doing fine on only two of them, the First Step and that part of the Twelfth where we "carry the message." In A.A. slang, that blissful state is known as "two-stepping." And it can go on for years.

pp. 112-113

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Liquor used to be my friend. I used to have a lot of fun
drinking. Practically all the fun I had was connected
with drinking. But the time came when liquor became my
enemy. I don't know just when liquor turned against me
and became my enemy, but I know it happened, because I
began to get into trouble. And since I realize that liquor
is now my enemy, my main business now is keeping sober.
Making a living or keeping a house is no longer my main
business. It's secondary to the business of keeping sober.
Do I realize that my main business is keeping sober?

Meditation For The Day

I can depend on God to supply me with all the power I need
to face any situation, provided that I will sincerely
believe in that power and honestly ask for it, at the same
time making all my life conform to what I believe God wants
me to be. I can come to God as a business manager would
come to the owner of the business, knowing that to lay the
matter before Him means immediate cooperation, provided the
matter has merit.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may believe that God is ready and willing to
supply me with all that I need. I pray that I may ask only
for faith and strength to meet any situation.


Daily Thought
​​^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Vigilance

Now that we're in AA and sober, and winning back the esteem of our friends and business associates, we find that we still need to exercise special vigilance. As an insurance against "big-shot-ism" we can often check ourselves by remembering we are today sober only by the grace of God and that any success we may be having is far more His success than ours.
c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 92

Thought to Consider . . .

A
lways remember you're unique ... just like everyone else.
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H A L T
Honestly, Actively, Lovingly, Tolerant.



Daily Reflection

THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER

At this juncture, his A.A. sponsor usually laughs.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 26

Before my recovery from alcoholism began, laughter was
one of the most painful sounds I knew. I never laughed and
I felt that anyone else's laughter was directed at me! My
self-pity and anger denied me the simplest of pleasures or
lightness of heart. By the end of my drinking not even
alcohol could provoke a drunken giggle in me.
When my A.A. sponsor began to laugh and point out my
self-pity and ego-feeding deceptions, I was annoyed and
hurt, but it taught me to lighten up and focus on my
recovery. I soon learned to laugh at myself and eventually I
taught those I sponsor to laugh also. Every day I ask God to
help me stop taking myself too seriously.


Pot Luck

To stop behaving in a certain way is to risk the unfamiliar.
--Jan Lloyd

Old patterns grip us so tightly! Even when the behavior pinches us painfully, we are loathe to give it up. Its familiarity makes it tolerable, knowable, somewhat manageable, and far less scary than trying something new. However, we are truly the luckiest people alive because now we have a training ground where it is safe to try new behaviors. We can discard old, self-defeating patterns in the safe environment of these Twelve Steps.

We are on this recovery path because each of us wants a new life. We have grown sick and tired of the old ways that no longer work. And we have come to believe that change is possible if we look for it in the right place. This is the right place! At any meeting we can see others who, like us, are trying on new behaviors and meeting with success. We are role models for one another, and every time one of us tries a new response to an old situation, we are all heartened and stretched a bit. We know that what another can do, we can do too.

I am in the right place today to let go of the old and try the new. My support is all around me. I will not fear.

You are reading from the book:












Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment