Saturday, February 18, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 02.18.17



Your Daily Reprieve for  Saturday February  18,  2017

From Jacksonville, FL


"Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets;
 then can come the best of benedictions – '
If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.'"
- Joan McIntosh

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
James Joyce

“No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity.
For he is not permitted to prove himself.” ~Seneca

“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”
~Winston Churchill

The grateful heart sits at a continuous feast.
~Proverbs 15:15

Big Book Quote

"Resentment is the "number one" offender. It destroys more
alcoholics than anything else."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 64~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

RAY O’KEEFE
International Lawyers in AA
Seattle, WA
1995



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

February 2017 Anniversaries

2/1 Gilly L. (West Sussex, UK).....17
2/1 Michael S. (Budd Lake, NJ).....7
2/1 Sean D. (Ithaca, NY).....9
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY).....34
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM).....20
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL).....3
2/4 Bob F. (Larchmont, NY).....2
2/4 Pam S. (North Hollywood, CA).....30
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH).....8
2/5 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY).....28
2/6 Vanessa G. (Stuart/Celebration/Stone Harbor).....21
2/6 Dale W. ().....10
2/6 Paul K (S.H., Ma., Cape Cod, Key Largo)...33
2/6 Michael N. (NYC, NY).....8
2/7 Lorin C. (E. Sandwich, MA).....20
2/7 Greg K. (Newburyport, MA).....3
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ).....29
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT).....17
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa, FL).....40
2/8 Greg J. (Nortport, FL).....2
2/8 Carrie T. (Oakville, Ontario, CA).....20
2/8 Shane G, (Los Angeles, CA).....6
2/9 Darlene A. (Largo, FL).....23
2/9 Jason G. (Costa Rica/British Columbia).....3
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale/NYC).....48
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra/Lake Monticello, VA).....28
2/10 Collette C. (Nantucket, MA).....9
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ).....3
2/11 Steve B. (Kittery/Beverly).....37
2/11 Tim S. (Charlotte, NC).....5
2/11 Kelly N. (Rockville, MD)......33
2/12 Betty P. (Valparaiso, IN).....33
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY).....3
2/13 Tom B. (LaPointe, WI).....28
2/14 Richard B. (Northport, FL).....7
2/14 Dick P. (Port Char;otte, FL).....43
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK).....12
2/15 John T.   (Tortola / Westport CT.)......30
2/15 Stephen Y. (Jakarta, Indonesia).....29
2/15 Zach G. (Plymouth, MI).....7
2/15 Nancy P. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....1
2/16 Noel S. (Harrison, NY).....8
2/16 Nancy B. (Northport, FL).....34
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL).....42
2/17 Jamie R. (Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA).....2
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH).....39
2/17 James "Woody" W.  (Michigan City, In).....34
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....6
2/17 Luke R. (Hilton Head, SC).....16
2/18 Laura S. (Jacksonville, FL).....19
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL).....15
2/18 Mike P. (Elmont, NY).....25
2/18 Scott W. (Hopewell, NJ).....33
2/18 Allan C. (N. Andover, MA).....6
2/20 Mark P. (Port Charlotte/Venice, FL).....2
2/20 Jackie M. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....11
2/20 Amanda A. (Lyme, CT).....2
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA).....7
2/20 Jay S. (Palm City, FL).....6
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA0.....24
2/21 Fred D. (Port Washington, NY).....13
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL).....19
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL).....10
2/22 Cyndi C. (Whitehouse, NJ).....34
2/22 Casey Q. ManchVegas NH 24yrs
2/23 Scott J. (Apple Valley, CA).....3
2/24 Betsy W. (Osprey, FL).....28
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA).....36
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY).....3
2/28 Matthew M. (Pelham, NY).....7



1167 Total Years of Sobriety






12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

Now comes the biggest question yet. What about the practice of these principles in all our affairs? Can we love the whole pattern of living as eagerly as we do the small segment of it we discover when we try to help other alcoholics achieve sobriety? Can we bring the same spirit of love and tolerance into our sometimes deranged family lives that we bring to our A.A. group? Can we have the same kind of confidence and faith in these people who have been infected and sometimes crippled by our own illness that we have in our sponsors? Can we actually carry the A.A. spirit into our daily work? Can we meet our newly recognized responsibilities to the world at large? And can we bring new purpose and devotion to the religion of our choice? Can we find a new joy of living in trying to do something about all these things?

pp. 111-112


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

After I became an alcoholic, alcohol poisoned my love
for my family and friends, it poisoned my ambition,
it poisoned my self-respect. It poisoned my whole life,
until I met A.A. My life is happier now than it has been
for a long time. I don't want to commit suicide. So with
the help of God and A.A., I'm not going to take any
more of that alcoholic poison into my system. And I'm
going to keep training my mind never even to think of
liquor again in any way except as a poison. Do I believe
that liquor will poison my life if I ever touch it again?

Meditation For The Day

I will link up my frail nature with the limitless Divine
Power. I will link my life with the Divine Force for Good
in the world. It is not the passionate appeal that gains
the Divine attention as much as the quiet placing of the
difficulty and worry in the Divine Hands. So I will trust
God like a child who places its tangled skein of wool in
the hands of a loving mother to unravel. We please God
more by our unquestioning confidence than by imploring
Him for help.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may put all my difficulties in God's hands
and leave them there. I pray that I may fully trust God
to take care of them.


Daily Thought
​​^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Money Matters

Money gradually became our servant and not our master. It became a means of exchanging love and service with those about us. When, with God's help, we calmly accepted our lot, then we found we could live at peace with ourselves and show others who still suffered the same fears that they could get over them, too. We found that freedom from fear was more important than freedom from want.
c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 122

Thought to Consider . . .

It's more important to feel happy about who I am than who I think I should be.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

P A C E
Positive Attitudes Change Everything.


Daily Reflection

OUR PATHS ARE OUR OWN

. . . there was nothing left for us but to pick up the simple
kit of spiritual tools laid at our feet.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 25

My first attempt at the Steps was one of obligation and
necessity, which resulted in a deep feeling of
discouragement in the face of all those adverbs:
courageously; completely; humbly; directly; and only. I
considered Bill W. fortunate to have gone through such a
major, even sensational, spiritual experience. I had to
discover, as time went on, that my path was my own. After
a few twenty-four hours in the A.A. Fellowship, thanks
especially to the sharing of members in the meetings, I
understood that everyone gradually finds his or her own
pace in moving through the Steps. Through progressive
means, I try to live according to these suggested principles.
As a result of these Steps, I can say today that my attitude
towards life, people, and towards anything having to do
with God, has been transformed and improved.



Pot Luck

Reflection for the Day

I've heard it said that when God closes a door, a window opens. Since I started working the Twelve Steps, much of the fear and pain that haunted my life is gone. Some of my defects have been lifted from me, though I'm still wrestling with others. I believe that if I continue to work the Twelve Steps over and over again, my life will continue to improve physically, mentally, and spiritually. Am I more willing and better able to help others by working the Steps myself?

Today I Pray

I give thanks to God for showing me that the Twelve Steps are a stairway to a saner life. As I re-work them conscientiously, my life does get better, healthier, and nearer to my Higher Power. As I continue to live them, may I feel the same gratitude and exaltation of spirit as those who are just now discovering them.

Today I Will Remember

Step by Step, day by day.
You are reading from the book:











Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment