Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 02.01.17



Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday February 1,  2017

From Stuart. FL


When little things start to bother you,
it might be because you need more big things in your life.
~Unknown

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you,
they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
~ Bernice Johnson Reagon

"Tomorrow:  noun - A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored."
~Urban Dictionary

"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself."
- Mark Twain

“It never ceases to amaze me:
we all love ourselves more than other people,
but care more about their opinion than our own.”
~Marcus Aurelius

Big Book Quote


"If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will
be amazed before we are half way through.
We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will
know peace.
No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will
see how our experience can benefit others.
That feeling of uselessness
and self-pity will disappear.
We will lose interest in selfish things
and gain interest in our fellows.
Self-seeking will slip away.
Our
whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
We will intuitively know how to
handle situations which used to baffle us.
We will suddenly realize
that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, Page 83~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

CHESTER McGHEE


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

February 2017 Anniversaries

2/1 Gilly L. (West Sussex, UK).....17
2/1 Michael S. (Budd Lake, NJ).....
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY).....34
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM).....20
2/3 Emmanuel P. (Pensacola, FL).....3
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH).....8
2/6 Dale W. ().....10
2/7 Lorin C. (E. Sandwich, MA).....20
2/7 Greg k. (Newburyport, MA).....3
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ).....29
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa, FL).....40
2/9 Jason G. (Costa Rica/British Columbia).....3
2/11 Steve B. (Kittery/Beverly).....37
2/11 Tim S. (Charlotte, NC).....5
2/12 Betty P. (Valparaiso, IN).....33
2/13 Tom B. (LaPointe, WI).....28
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK).....12
2/18 Mike P. (Elmont, NY).....25
2/20 Mark P. (Port Charlotte/Venice, FL).....2
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA0.....24
2/22 Cyndi C. (Whitehouse, NJ).....34
2/24 Betsy W. (Osprey, FL).....28


0376  Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

All this should be very encouraging news for those who recoil from prayer because they don't believe in it, or because they feel themselves cut off from God's help and direction. All of us, without exception, pass through times when we can pray only with the greatest exertion of will. Occasionally we go even further than this. We are seized with a rebellion so sickening that we simply won't pray. When these things happen we should not think too ill of ourselves. We should simply resume prayer as soon as we can, doing what we know to be good for us.

p. 105

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

When we think about having a drink, we're thinking of
the kick we get out of drinking, the pleasure, the escape
from boredom, the feeling of self-importance and the
companionship of other drinkers. What we don't think of
is the letdown, the hangover, the remorse, the waste of
money, and the facing of another day. In other words,
when we think about that first drink, we're thinking of
all the assets of drinking and none of the liabilities.
What has drinking really got that we haven't got
in A.A.? Do I believe that the liabilities of drinking outweigh
the assets?

Meditation For The Day

I will start a new life each day. I will put the old
mistakes away and start anew each day. God always offers
me a fresh start. I will not be burdened or anxious. If
God's forgiveness were only for the righteous and those
who had not sinned, where would be its need? I believe
that God forgives us all our sins, if we are honestly
trying to live today the way He wants us to live. God
forgives us much and we should be very grateful.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that my life may not be spoiled by worry and fear
and selfishness. I pray that I may have a glad, thankful
and humble heart.

Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Illusion

No person likes to think he is bodily and mentally different from his fellows. Therefore, it is not surprising that our drinking careers have been characterized by countless vain attempts to prove we could drink like other people. The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.
c. 1976, 2001 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 30


Thought to Consider . . . .

The two most dangerous words in a recovering alcoholic's vocabulary are, "I'm different."

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

A A
Absolute Abstinence



Daily Reflection

GOAL: SANITY

". . . Step Two gently and very gradually began to infiltrate
my life. I can't say upon what occasion or upon what day I
came to believe in a Power greater than myself, but I
certainly have that belief now."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 27

"Came to believe!" I gave lip service to my belief when I
felt like it or when I thought it would look good. I didn't
really trust God. I didn't believe He cared for me. I kept
trying to change things I couldn't change. Gradually, in
disgust, I began to turn it all over, saying: "You're so
omnipotent, you take care of it." He did. I began to receive
answers to my deepest problems, sometimes at the most
unusual times: driving to work, eating lunch, or when I was
sound asleep. I realized that I hadn't thought of those
solutions—a Power greater than myself had given them to
me. I came to believe.



Pot Luck

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so live in the now."

When I came into the program, I was so consumed with worry for my future that I couldn't even talk about what I was doing in the present. "But what happens if I lose my house; how about my career? What if I go to jail?" These and other future events where my new obsession once I put the drugs and alcohol down.

When I tried to tell others in the program my concerns, they gave me suggestions that seemed ludicrous at the time. "Help stack the chairs after the meeting", they told me. "Collect the coffee cups and go into the kitchen and help the others clean up", they advised. "Aren't you listening?" I wanted to scream at them. Instead, I washed cups...

It has taken years for me to finally learn the lessons they were trying to teach me, but it's clear now. Today, I have everything I need to be happy, joyous and free. And if I take care of the things in front of me today, then one day at a time my life can and will improve. I now know that today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday, so I now make the most out of living today.










Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment