Saturday, December 26, 2015

Your Daily Reprieve 12.26.15



Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday December  26, 2015

From Stuart, Florida


“Our fatigue is often caused not by work,
but by worry, frustration and resentment.”
-- Dale Carnegie

"Service is the rent we pay for living."
~Evelyn Lieberman

"Goodness is a process of becoming, not of being.
What we do over and over again is what we become in the end."
~ Joan Chittister

"A gift inspires another gift, and a miracle inspires the next miracle.
It's got to start somewhere; it might as well start with you."
--Scott Hamilton



Big Book Quote

"God has abundantly supplied this world with fine doctors,
psychologists, and practitioners of various kinds. Do not hesitate to
take your health problems to such persons. Most of them give
freely of themselves, that their fellows may enjoy sound minds and
bodies."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 133~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

DOUG W.
NIA Spring Conference
03.28.2014




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes





Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW HOW IT WORKS!!!

If you are celebrating an anniversary this month,
please send along the date and any message you would
like to share with the other 3000 people on this email list and
perhaps as many as 30000 others who have it forwarded.

You need to remind me every year!

Send your day, your location and number of years to:

December 2015 Anniversaries

12/1 Beth S. (N. Conway, NH)…..20
12/1 Bill S. (Ft Collins, CO)…..31
12/2 Nick K. (Stowe, VT)…..15
12/2 Wendy M. (Scottsdale, AZ/Nantucket, MA)…..26
12/3 Jo C. (New Forest, UK)…..11
12/3 Andy H. (Northeast Harbor, ME)…..14
12/3 Debra A. (Stuart, FL)…..33
12/4 Ellen A. (NYC, NY)…..10
12/4  Lisa B. (San Leandro, CA)…..20
12/5 Sean B. (Provincetown, MA)…..5
12/5 Debra L. (NY, NY)…..3
12/5 Matt G. (Colts Neck, NJ)…..7
12/5 Sophie M-G(Larchmont, NY)…..3
12/5 Todd P. ()…..1
12/06 Dan L. (Scituate, MA.)…..32
12/06 Bernie D. (Norwell, MA.)….. 20
12/6 Dave G. (Rockville Center, NY)…..24
12/06 Tommy C. (Duxbury, MA.)….. 12
12/6 Dave B. (Venice, FL)…..24
12/6 Teryl B. (Beverly, MA)…..7
12/6 Donna O. (Grapeview, WA)…..31
12/6 Rob N. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..22
12/6 Kent F. (Arizona)…..5
12/07 Mary C. (Norwell, MA.)…..7
12/7 Chris S. (Princeton, NJ)…..8
12/7 Melissa M. (Port Lincoln, So. Australia)…..2
12/8 Lynne L. (Portland, OR)…..42
12/8 Jill S. (Parkland, FL)…..8
12/9 Susan V. (NYC, NY)…..2
12/9 Liz W. (NY, NY)…..3
12/10 Mary Beth L. (Florida/California)…..15
12/10 Kathy R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
12/10 Gypsy Paul K. (Nantucket, MA)…..9
12/11 Rick L. ()…..334
12/12 Mitch B. (Evanston, IL/Long Beach, CA)…..29
12/12 Natalie (Columbus, OH)…..1
12/12 Simon S. (NYC, NY)…..6
12/13 Tom O’ (Milwaukee, WI)…..9
12/13 Oliver E. (Jackson, NJ)…..19
12/13 Trent H. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..12
12/14 Mike the Greek (New Provadance, NJ)…..8
12/14 Linda M. (Methuen, MA)…..3
12/14 Jim B. (Lagrange, NY)…..22
12/14 Christine C. (Methuen, MA)…..1
12/15 Bill M. (Caguas, Puerto Rico)…..30
12/15 John M. (Paros, Greece/Claverack, NY)…..13
12/15 Big Ian L. (London, UK)…..22
12/15 Darren C. (London, UK)…..1
12/16 Jim J. (NYC, NY)…..42
12/18 Linda M. (San Miguel de Allende Mexico)…..30
12/18 Mike M. (San Miguel de Allende Mexico)…..30
12/18 John K. (Palm City, FL)…..3
12/18 Chris V. (Gulf Breeze, FL)…..8
12/19 Kathy S. (Andover, MA)…..35
12/20 Caroline M. (Novato, CA)…..31
12/21 Ann M. (NYC, NY)…..25
12/22 Dick M. (New York City)…..38
12/23 Cathy B. (Princeton, NJ)…..11
12/23 Peter G. (Larchmont, NY)…..35
12/23 Georgie S. (Nantucket, MA)…..8
12/23 Jim C. (NC/Tortola, BVI)…..18
12/23 Lee H. (San Francisco, CA)…..25
12/23 Carole  H. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
12/24 Patrick R. (Latham, NY)…..22
12/25 Peter M. (NYC, NY)…..18
12/25 Sharon G. (Chicagoland)…..10
12/25 Lenita N. (Barbados)…..2
12/25 Eric F. (Wilmette, IL)…..3
12/26 Kate B. (Nantucket, MA)…..13
12/26 Sheila H. (Leesburg, FL)…..24
12/26 Eve F-C (Acton, MA)…..6
12/26 Rob W. (Marlborough, MA)…..2
12/26 Harry C. (Jamaica, Queens, NY)…..15
12/27 Tom B. (NYC, NY)…..13
12/27 Doug K. (Hyde Park, NY)…..8
12/28 Johanna T. (Cobleskill, NY)…..15
12/28 Susan L. (Vero Beach, FL)…..41
12/29 Jim H. (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)…..8
12/29 Samsara S. (Golden, CO)…..8
12/31 Tabatha K. (Charlotte, NC)…..3
12/31 Ian M. (Dublin via Oz)…..21
12/31 Jake R. (Murphy, NC)…..40
12/31 Galia P.(Jerusalem)…..8
12/31 Kevin C. (Whitinsville, MA)…..14

1329 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

We discover that we do receive guidance for our lives to just about the extent that we stop making demands upon God to give it to us on order and on our terms. Almost any experienced A.A. will tell how his affairs have taken remarkable and unexpected turns for the better as he tried to improve his conscious contact with God. He will also report that out of every season of grief or suffering, when the hand of God seemed heavy or even unjust, new lessons for living were learned, new resources of courage were uncovered, and that finally, inescapably, the conviction came that God does "move in a mysterious way His wonders to perform."

pp. 104-105

Twenty Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

I am glad to be a part of A.A., of that great fellowship
that is spreading over the United States and all over the
world. I am only one of the many A.A.'s, but I am one. I
am grateful to be living at this time, when I can help
A.A. to grow, when it needs me to put my shoulder to the
wheel and help keep the movement going. I am glad to be
able to be useful, to have a reason for living, a purpose
in life. I want to lose my life in this great cause and
so find it again. Am I grateful to be an A.A.?

Meditation For The Day

These meditations can teach us how to relax. We can be of
service to other people in a small way at least. And we
can be happy while doing it. We should not worry too much
about people we cannot help. We can make it a habit to
leave the outcome of the things we do to the Higher Power.
We can go along through life doing the best we can, but
without a feeling of urgency or strain. We can enjoy all
the good things and the beauty of life, but at the same
time depend deeply on God.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may give my life to this worthwhile cause.
I pray that I may enjoy the satisfaction that comes from
good work well done.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~  /)
(   \ (
AA)/   )
(_   /
AA\ _)
  /
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Defects

"What we must recognize now is that we exult
in some of our defects.
We really love them.
Who, for example, doesn't like to feel just a little superior
to the next fellow, or even quite a lot superior?
Isn't it true that we like to let greed
masquerade as ambition?
To think of liking lust seems impossible.
But how many men and women speak love with their lips,
and believe what they say,
so that they can hide lust in a dark corner of their minds?
And even while staying within conventional bounds,
many people admit that their imaginary sex excursions
are apt to be all dressed up as dreams of romance."

c. 1952AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 66-7
^*^*^*^*^

Thought to Consider . . . 

If I want God to remove my character defects,
I'll have to stop doing them.


*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
T I M E =  Things I Must Earn




Daily Reflection

ACCEPTING SUCCESS OR FAILURE
Furthermore, how shall we come to terms with seeming
failure or success? Can we now accept and adjust to either
without despair or pride? Can we accept poverty, sickness,
loneliness, and bereavement with courage and serenity?
Can we steadfastly content ourselves with the humbler, yet
sometimes more durable, satisfactions when the brighter,
more glittering achievements are denied us?
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 112
After I found A.A. and stopped drinking, it took a while
before I understood why the First Step contained two parts:
my powerlessness over alcohol, and my life's
unmanageability. In the same way, I believed for a long
time that, in order to be in tune with the Twelve Steps, it
was enough for me "to carry this message to alcoholics."
That was rushing things. I was forgetting that there were a
total of Twelve Steps and that the Twelfth Step also had
more than one part. Eventually I learned that it was
necessary for me to "practice these principles" in all areas
of my life. In working all the Steps thoroughly, I not only
stay sober and help someone else to achieve sobriety, but
also I transform my difficulty with living into a joy of
living.



Pot Luck

Slow motion gets you there faster.
--Hoagy Carmichael


"One of the hardest lessons for me to learn is patience," admitted a fellow. "I've been in a race all my life. I suppose I could compare myself to the hare in the fable of ‘The Tortoise and the Hare.' I jump into things, rush at them, and never seem to cross the finish line. I get side-tracked by other things that seem to need immediate attention. I never have a sense of peace. Everything has to be done by yesterday.

"I was even in a hurry in my marriage - which is one reason I'm divorced now. I wanted my wife to race with me. I wanted her to be perfect overnight. I nagged at her constantly. I was too impatient to let her grow at her own speed. Because I couldn't slow down, I couldn't allow her to be at peace either.

"I thought I was doing all the changing and growing. When, in reality, all I was doing was bombarding my problems and projects with a lot of momentum and very little common sense."

Today I will slow down. I only increase my difficulties when I try to solve them in a hurry.

You are reading from the book:



34th ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
PHILIPPINES NATIONAL CONVENTION 2016 

DUMAGUETE 
 NEGROS ORIENTAL

“Home of the Gentle People"
  Friday to Saturday
     FEBRUARY 5 – 7, 2016



BETHEL GUESTHOUSE
RIZAL BOULEVARD

http://aaphilconv2016.weebly.com/


International AA Convention in Costa Rica

international convention art

***Save The Date***
May 6,7, & 8 2016

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

For more information

Email Jason G or Russell B


Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE: 

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
 this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
 by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON










No comments:

Post a Comment