Your Daily Reprieve 10.15.24

 

 

Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday October 15, 2024

 

From Waynesville, NC

 

 

Seek not to change the world,

but choose to change your mind about the world.

-A Course In Miracles

 

I have the happiness of the passing moment,

 and what more can mortal ask?        

-~George R. Gissing

 

 

Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe,

a moment that never was before and never will be again.

-Pau Casals

 

“With the clock ticking like it is,

I do not have time for anger, resentment, or self-pity.

Time is far too precious.”

~ Durham, North Carolina, April 2002

 

 

 

 

Big Book Quote

 

The age of miracles is still with us. Our own recovery proves that!

 

P153

 

 

 

Daily Share!

 

AA Speaker of the Day

 

 

DON M.

Pacific Group Speakers

08.21.1985

 

https://bit.ly/3NiqtHl

 

 

Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

 

OCTOBER 2024 Miracles

 

 

10/01 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..36

10/01 Brian M. (Ghana, West Africa)…..2

10/01 Lauri S. (Amesbury, MA)…..22

10/01 Leo N. (Ogunquit, ME)…..19

10/01 Medicine Mike (Salonga, NY)…..19

10/01 Gary V. (Norton, MA)…..11

10/01 Jim B. (Brunswick, ME)…..8

10/01 Eric M. (Wells, ME)…..4

10/01 Phaedra D. (Boston, MA)…..2

10/02 David R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..13

10/04 Tom H. (Strongsville, OH)…..24

10/04 Frank T. …..4

10/04 Kristopher B. (Toledo, OH)…..10

10/04 Charlie E. (Evanston, IL)…..12

10/06 Laura D. (Teaneck, NJ)…..9

10/06 Jen C. (Wabash, IN)…..5

10/06 Spike C. (Vero Beach, FL)…..5

10/06 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..11

10/06 Terry S. (Collingwood, ON)…..34

10/06 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..32

10/07 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..49

10/07 Martin F. …..22

10/07 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..20

10/10 Ray H. (Cookeville, TN)…..14

10/11 Harriett B. (Parsonsburg, MD)…..36

10/11 Cigar Bob (Cocoa Beach, FL)…..27

10/12 David G. (Delray Beach, FL)…..37

10/12 Susanne W. (Thailand)…..41

10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..37

10/13 Umberto B. (Yonkers, NY)…..13

10/13 Robert L. (Surf City, NC)…..23

10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..20

10/13 Sonia J. (Far Hills, NJ)…..10

10/14 Carol S. (Key Largo, FL)…..39

10/14 Mark D. (Atlanta, GA)…..5

10/14 Steve P. (Hampton, NH)…..40

10/14 Louise D. (Amesbury, MA)…..2

10/15 Charles D.  (St. Augustine, FL)…..35

10/15 John C.  (East Quogue, NY)…..2

10/16 Oscar H. (London, UK)…..5

10/18 Sue G. (Mt Clemens, MI)…..1

10/19 Celia H. (Seal Beach, CA)…..38

10/19 Jason M. …..1

10/19 DeeDee L. (Charlotte, NC)…..25

10/21 Sue T. (Flanders, NJ/North Port, FL)…..11

10/22 Joanne L. (Berkeley Heights, NJ)…..11

10/23 Pete R. (Red Hook, NY)…..16

10/23 James D. (NYC)…..47

10/23 Dana H. (Waynesville, NC)…..6

10/23 Bill B. (Exeter, NH)…..36

10/24 Billy H. (basking Ridge, NJ)…..9

10/25 Adam S. (Birmingham, England)…..1

10/25 Bob W. (Santa Teresa, NM)…..

10/25 Keely S. (Orick, CA)…..42

10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..35

10/26 Niall (Dublin, Ireland)…..32

10/27 Bill M. (Williamsport, PA)…..39

10/27 Jessica C. (Los Angeles, CA)…..7

10/27 Renee P. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..38

10/27 Rose S. (Yelm, WA)…..6

10/27 Jolene E. (Orlando, FL)…..21

10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..7

10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..13

10/28 Lisa W. …..1

10/28 Phillip E. (Orlando, FL)…..21

10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..13

10/30 Mary Jo K. (Clarion, PA)…..10

10/31 Amy C. (Camden, ME)…..1

 

1207 Total Years of Sobriety

 

 

Drop a Buck in the Basket?

PayPal paypal.me/TomMurphy

Venmo @Tom-Murphy-160

 

12&12

 

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

The best intentioned of us can fall for the "two step" illusion. Sooner or later the pink cloud stage wears off and things go disappointingly dull. We begin to think that A.A. doesn't pay off after all. We become puzzled and discouraged.

p. 113

 

 

Twenty-Four Hours

 

 

A.A. Thought For The Day

Am I deeply grateful to A.A. for what it has done for me

in regaining my sobriety and opening up an entirely new life for me?

A.A. has made it possible for me to take on other
interests, in business and in various other associations with people.

It has made a full life possible for me.

 It would perhaps be wrong if all my activities were limited to A.A. work.
It has made a well rounded life possible for me in work,

in play and in hobbies of various kinds.

But will I desert A.A. because of this?

Will I accept a diploma and become a graduate of A.A.?

Do I realize I could have nothing worth while without A.A.?

Meditation For The Day

There is only one way to get full satisfaction from life

and that is to live the way you believe God wants you to live.

Live with God in that secret place of the spirit and you will
have a feeling of being on the right road.

You will have a deep sense of satisfaction.

The world will have meaning and you will have a place in the world,

work to do that counts in the eternal order of things.

Many things will work for you and with you, as long as you
feel you are on God's side.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may have a sense of the eternal value of the work I do.

I pray that I may not only work for now, but also for eternity.

 

 

 

 

Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Wonders

"Out of every season of grief or suffering, when the hand of God seemed heavy or even unjust, new lessons for living were learned, new resources of courage were uncovered, and that finally, inescapably, the conviction came that God does 'move in a mysterious way His wonders to perform.'"
1953 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105


Thought to Consider . . .
J
oy is the infallible presence of God.

 


*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H O P E
Hang On! Peace Exists . . .






Daily Reflection

 

MY CHECKLIST, NOT YOURS

Gossip barbed with our anger, a polite form of murder by

character assassination, has its satisfactions for us, too.

Here we are not trying to help those we criticize; we are

trying to proclaim our own righteousness.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 67

 

Sometimes I don't realize that I gossiped about someone

until the end of the day, when I take an inventory of the

day's activities, and then, my gossiping appears like a

blemish in my beautiful day. How could I have said

something like that? Gossip shows its ugly head during a

coffee break or lunch with business associates, or I may

gossip during the evening, when I'm tired from the day's

activities, and feel justified in bolstering my ego at the

expense of someone else.

Character defects like gossip sneak into my life when I

am not making a constant effort to work the Twelve Steps of

recovery. I need to remind myself that my uniqueness is the

blessing of my being, and that applies equally to everyone

who crosses my path in life's journey. Today the only

inventory I need to take is my own. I'll leave judgment of

others to the Final Judge—Divine Providence.

 

 

Pot Luck

 

"Those who leave everything in God’s hands,

will eventually see God’s hand in everything."

 

 

I was many years sober when I first heard this quote. It reminded me of how I had turned my recovery over to God, and how everything had worked out. I got through my Fourth Step—when I thought it was going to tear me apart—and God helped me make all those terrifying amends as well. I can now see God’s hand in every part of my recovery, but what about the rest of my life?

 

Lately, I’ve been back in a lot of financial fear. I’ve been worrying about my work and stressing about the future, and the old thoughts of, What is going to become of me? have crept back in. The difference between this and recovery is that I’ve kept God out of it lately, thinking instead that I have to handle this part of my life by myself. This has made my life unmanageable again.

 

Last week, I hit an emotional bottom. My wife finally sat me down and said, “Enough is enough.” I knew it was time to surrender. When I did, a wave of relief washed over me, and I have been free of fear since I left it all in God’s hands. I was given the perspective to see that He has been handling my financial future all along, and that I’m a lot better off than I think I am. Once again, I see God’s hands in everything, and—as long as I leave things there—I’ll be just fine.

 

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

Committee Consideration

from the 73rd General Service Conference

In response to a Committee Consideration from the 73rd General Service Conference

regarding any possible future changes to literature written by A.A.’s founders,

 that committee agreed it would be beneficial to gather shared experience

from the Fellowship regarding this topic.

Questionaire

 

How Should We Treat A.A. Founders' Writings?

 https://bit.ly/3uhEPBK

 

 

 

DR. PAUL O.
There is More to Quitting Drinking Than Quitting Drinking
(Audio Book)

Introduction
http://bit.ly/1IlFBbp

Part I
http://bit.ly/1MPV5Za

Part II
http://bit.ly/1Ksd9eA

Part III
http://bit.ly/1GQCGGE

Part IV
http://bit.ly/1Ip0hn8

AA CDs Literature and tapes
https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

 

 

 

ZOOM MEETINGS

 

Loose Garment Group

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/238977518

Saturday & Sunday….Pot Luck…0900

ID: 238 977 518

PW: 004 394

 

 

 

ARCHIVES

 

 

AA World Service Board Meeting Highlights

October 2023

 https://bit.ly/3GlcOvE

 A New Pair of Glasses in PDF (download) is available at:

https://bit.ly/4bUr0Js

 

 

Bill Schaberg

Writing The Big Book

Video Readings

https://www.youtube.com/@billschaberg8911/videos

 

*Angel Force USA

www.AngelForceUSA.com

 

Angel Force USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

OUR MISSION

STOP SUISILENCE

The avoidance of discussion about suicide

Our goal is to raise awareness of the military suicide epidemic.

 

 

 

RICHMOND WALKER & THE TWENTY-FOUR HOUR BOOK
Glenn C. (South Bend, Indiana)
Talk given at the 8th Annual National A.A. Archives Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sept. 27, 2003

https://www.prestongroup.org/aa_docs/24_hours_a_day.txt

 

 

 

**NEW MEDITATIONS**

http://www.11thstepmeditation.org/

 

 

**Podcasts**

https://boiledowlaa.org/

https://www.aagrapevine.org/podcast

 

 

12 Step Meditations

 www.stepmeditation.com

 

These are 12 meditations,

each about 12 minutes long and the content

(other than the meditation instructions)

are straight from the text of the big book and 12 & 12

(created by Matt H.)

 

 

Speaker Recordings

 

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

*****

 

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

 

AA Speaker Tapes

http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes

 

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Daily Reprieve 09.27.24

Your Daily Reprieve 08.17.24

Your Daily Reprieve 07.08.24